Closed Combat on Horseback? (Kreig)

I say neigh!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Combat on Horseback? (Kreig)

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 16th, 2014, 7:50 am

Spring 39th, 514

Leti was up just before the sixth bell chimed. She was incredibly happy with how her training went yesterday, and was looking forward to continuing the experience. Cleaning up and dressing quickly, she set a simple plan in motion. And it started with not putting on her boots just yet. She crept out of her room, then her suite, into the hallway. The night before, she'd asked around, and found out which suite and room Kreig was assigned. Slowly, carefully, she stepped, trying to not make too much noise on the cold, stone floors. The last thing she wanted as a chaperone hounding her. Step after seemingly silent step she made her way, counting the doors until she'd found her destination.

She placed her ear against the door, trying to see if she could hear anything in their common room. She didn't hear anything, but wasn't sure if that's because nothing was happening, or because she just couldn't tell. Pushing the door open slowly, she thanked the gods the door didn't have squeaky hinges. Peering inside, she spotted no one, then silently slipped in, and shut the door. And once more, the creeping began again, leading her to Kreig's, and his roommates' door. She stuck her ear next to the keyhole, and could only hear snoring. But she couldn't tell how many people were sawing logs in their sleep. Leti dropped to a crouch, and slowly pushed open the door. Inch by agonizing inch, she was inside. She left the door open in case she needed a speedy escape.

Kreig wasn't too difficult to spot amongst his roommates, and Leti crept right up next to where his head lay. She got her face as close to his as possible, and in a whisper, "Wake up Kreig. We have training to do."

Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on March 17th, 2014, 5:12 am

Kreig was sound asleep when Letixia had snuck into his dormatory room. His roommates were either sleep or they themselves had left for training as far as he knew and he simply wished to enjoy sleeping a bit more before he would eventually be woken up by his patron or whoever decided to wake him up that morning.....Only to hear a whisper in his ear, his eyes darting open in slight annoyance and turning his head to see the one and only Letixia leaning next to him at face distance...

Now Kreig had to admit that he was fond of the young lass and was delighted to know that after their brief training togetger yesterday would be expanded far longer, each would be learning from the other to fix the faults in their oen methods of fighting.

He just wished he realized she was an early bird sort of person. He sighed as he lifted himself up and sat the opposite side of the bed. He let out a yawn and stood up, his hands placed on his back as he stretched and let out a few popping sounds. He had simply slept in his old ratty pants so his physique was pretty much revealed to the lass if she had a good eyesight in the dark. He reached for his shirt and newer pair and tossed thrm over his shoulder, mumbling something incoherrent all the way as he then approached the basin of water they had in the room, splashing some of the water in hus face and grabbing a cloth to wipe his face then. He silently shooed the yound lass kutside and after having her leave began to dress himself as he removed his old pants and began wearing his black short and white breaches. He then grabbed his boots that lied in front of his bed and his gauntlets that rested along with his own sword and personal armor within the chest next to the bed. He wore the studded gauntlets first, and grabbed the rest of his equipment and left the room as to not disturb his mates, gently closing the door behind him.

Once in the rooms living room, he took a seat on the share and sat the gear on the table next to him, steadily wearing all his armor "So.... I imagine you slept well?"
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 17th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Leti was practically bouncing with eagerness as Kreig woke. Watching him get up, her ears could make out the pop of his joints. She was quickly shooed out for him to dress, "I'm going to go get my gear, I'll be right back. Don't hurt yourself Ol' Kreaky." It didn't take her long to gear up, equipping every piece of armor she had, grabbing her sword and shield, and quickly hurried back to Kreig's room. She didn't need to worry about being sneaky now that they were ready, besides, she hadn't seen any of the chaperones.

She came back in to see Kreig preparing as well. Grinning at his question, "Not really, but I was too excited. I really can't wait to get back to our training. Now hurry up so we can grab a bite to eat on our way to the stables."

She waited around, somewhat impatiently until he was ready. The pair stopped by the dining hall, and Leti grabbed a hunk of bread and cheese and filled her waterskin. Shortly thereafter, they were crossing the grassy field of Windmount Stable. Leti made her way inside, only to find that Igor was already in use that day. Finding a stable hand, "Do you have any horses available? I'm still new to riding, so perhaps one that is calmer. We'll be practicing some minor combat, nothing too over the top. "

The squire said he did, but he'd have to put some war armor on the horse to protect it. He said he'd walk the horse out to the yard for her soon, so she went to find Kreig, to see if he'd found a horse to use yet. She began searching up and down the stalls looking for him, so they could get this training going.

Letixia Raigner
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kreig Messer on March 17th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Kreig was still yawning, the lass' enthusiasm was admirable but Kreig didn't like waking up unless he chose to. That simple whisper made him awake and he knew that going back to sleep will just invite more whispers, perhaps even something more unpleasant, so there was no point in arguing with her about....Then he raelized that she had called him by a nickname ' Kreaky? What by Yahal is that supposed to mean?" Kreig thought as he walked behind her.

After the passing of some time, after they had taken some food for them to eat, Kreig had simply taken a loaf and like her, filled a waterskin with water. Unfortunately for Kreig, when she said stables his enthusiasm died down a plenty. He didn't have much training in riding, and he didn't have much love for horses. He didn't hate them, but he was just uncomfortable riding them after a certain incident a little over a year ago involving some bandits. Ever since that day he always had a slight apprehension in riding them, oh he treated them alright and they even let him ride but the fear of a low hanging branch always caused him to feel awkward.

He sighed as he entered the Stables behind Leti, he sought out another squire whilst Leti was busy speaking to one. He knew just the horse take really, and he found the painted horse staring at him, in all its hairy glory whilst a squire brushed it "Excuse me you there, can you prep that horse for me? I need it for minor combat training" The squire nodded and informed Kreig, much like how another informed Letixia, that it would take a bit of time to place the war armor on it. Kreig nodded, unlike Leti he was in no rush to begin there training.... he'd rather do something else but at the same time knew he can't avoid it.

When he heard her steps behind him, he smiled and gave a nervous nod " I don't suppose your willing to switch to Marksman training?"

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 18th, 2014, 4:53 pm

She grinned at his offer, "Switch to? That comes afterwards. Now there's no need to be scared of being shown up by me, I'm quite awful at it." She stepped out into the chilly air, wishing Syna would hurry up and warm her. Leti picked a spot and started her stretching, not wanting to be so sorry that it was disabling. Standing straight up, with her feet shoulders' width apart, she bent downwards trying to touch the ground without bending her knees. She still couldn't quite make it, but it did stretch our her muscles. After a basic series of stretching, Leti watched her stablehand bring out the horse, decked out in his own armor. Or was it her own armor? Leti still didn't know.

She walked up to the horse, thanking the stablehand who excused himself. Patting the horse on the side of the horse's jaw, "Are you going to be a good boy for me?" He whinnied in retort, but she didn't know if that was a good thing or not. She grabbed the reins, and walked around to his left side. Reaching up, she grabbed the saddle's horn, and slipped her left foot into the stirrup. She then hopped up, pulling herself, swinging her leg over the horse, and sliding into the saddle. Smiling, she was happy that she was getting a strong hang on mounting up. No more of that falling off nonsense.

Taking the reins, she pulled to the left, turning the horse, and yelled at Kreig in the barn, "Hurry up Kreaky!" She then led the horse over to the long fence so that they could practice there. At least she had a small advantage, knowing that she had to grip with her thighs and knees when attacking.

Letixia Raigner
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on April 4th, 2014, 11:09 am

Letixia Raigner

Skills
Withheld due to retirement

Lores

Other

Kreig Messer

Skills
Socializing +1

Lores
From Kreig to Kreaky
Discomfort around horses

Other
Shield Points +1

Comments

Due to the length of the thread, I found it hard to come up with something to award… If you’ve further suggestions or any other concerns, as always feel free to PM!

Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)