Completed Shooting From Scratch (Ryia)

Letixia joins some squires learning to shoot

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Shooting From Scratch (Ryia)

Postby Letixia Raigner on February 24th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Winter 75, 513

Letixia woke up and dressed, at sunrise like usual. She was about to head to breakfast in the dining hall when she spotted a note nailed to her door. It was from her Patron, Ser Ranqor.

Letixia,

A friend of mine will be hosting an exercise on the north side of Windmount Stables. She will be teaching novice squires how to shoot a bow. I would like you to be there. We've notified other squires in a similar manner about the exercise. Be there by the eighth bell. Work hard today.

Ser Ranqor Grayne

Leti smiled, left the note in its place for her suite mates to find. She ducked back inside, grabbed the unused bow, quiver, and arrows the Knights provided her. She at a quick breakfast of eggs and bread as usual. She then made her way to the stables, an area she'd not frequented much. She saw a few others heading toward the northern end, bows in hand as well. She followed them to see a woman in leathers sitting upon a barrel smiling. She had fierce red hair, a sharp nose, and eyes that could pierce a shield with ease.

When the eighth bell tolled, She stood up from her impromptu seat, "Welcome squires, you may set your equipment against the fence hear behind me. We will not be starting with these quite yet. You are all novices, and it is about time someone taught your lot properly. Break into groups of three. You have two chimes. Go." Leti quickly deposited her gear where she'd indicated and began searching for companions. She didn't see anyone from her suite, so she'd have to find people she didn't know too well.

Last edited by Letixia Raigner on March 13th, 2014, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ryia Brock on February 26th, 2014, 10:51 pm

Ryia along side her elder sister Dimia walked side by side as they entered the stable area. Unlike Dimia, Ryia was training to become a mage knight and wasn't required by the order to learn a bow. However, it was her eldest sister and Patron who decided that she wanted her to learn it anyway. The youngest of the blonde trio was well passed arguing with her sister, choosing instead to meet her head on with each challenge.

Both teenagers walked along, quivers upon their backs and short bows across their shoulders. Dimia already had one, and had been training with it before this day. Ryia on the other hand was going to attempt it for the first time. The girl's were surprised that they had been invited to join the others for this, and they were also surprised that Helena was allowing them to train with others as much as she was. Their sister and patron must have been really busy if she 'd allow others to help train them rather than doing it all herself.

"Don't you wonder why they chose to do this at the stables, instead of the grounds where we normally train?" Dimia asked while looking to her younger sister. "My guess is there is going to be some form of horse play involved. Otherwise it doesn't make sense." Ryia glanced at her sister and smiled, having nothing to add. It was her first season as a squire and she was still getting used to everything and how the order worked. "I suppose it's all well and good." Dimia went on to add. "At least they didn't tell us to meet in that smelly Pitt."

They followed the rest of the squires and met with the group that were to be trained, or tested. The red headed woman seated on a barrel seemed a bit out of place to Dimia. "Well now, who is this? She doesn't look the part of knight, though I could be wrong." After the woman's speech, Dimia and Ryia moved as the rest did and put their weapons against the fence. "Looks like we're working in groups of three, and we're short one." Ryia chimed in and started to look around for another.

Ryia Brock
The Next Mage Knight - Believe it

Words: 59648
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 7:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Letixia Raigner on March 6th, 2014, 5:06 pm

Leti saw two blonde women off searching around for what she presumed to be a third person. Leti made her way over to them and stuck out a hand in greetings. "Hello, I'm Letixia Raigner, squire to Ser Ranqor Grayne. Would you like a third for your group so we can get this show on the road?" Shortly after their brief exchange, the crimson haired woman quickly barked, "Everyone who isn't in a group, leave now." She then continued, "Okay, time to train you all in the first steps of shooting. Would any like to guess what the first step is?" A handful of disappointed squires left. Then several squires piped up giving a variety of answers.

"Pick a target Sera."

"Know your surroundings Sera."

"Strength training Sera."

She smiled a bit condescendingly, "You are all close, but the first step in shooting is learning to breathe, properly. I want you all to stand up straight, feet shoulders width apart. You will breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. I will come around and check your posture to ensure you're doing it correctly. Focus solely on your breathing."

Leti assumed a stance in front of her two compatriots, making sure to spread her feet as indicated. She stood up straight, making sure to tighten her back and stomach muscles. She closed her eyes and began taking deep breaths through her nose, then let it out her mouth slowly. She was startled by a painful flick on the nose. Eyes snapping open, she saw the instructor looking back it her. "Never keep your eyes closed like that, you never know what might happen." She then placed a hand on Leti's stomach, just beneath her ribs, feeling her breathe. Whispering in Leti's ear, "Good good, doing well so far. Make sure to continue this through the rest of your training today." She then began making her way around to the other squires nearby.

Letixia Raigner
Player

Words: 92660
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2014, 7:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Radiant on March 16th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Letixia :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Weapon: Longbow +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Archery: Proper Aiming Stance

Loots

Notes :
Not much I could give here... but still, enjoy your grades, Leti. ;)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)