Closed [Stormhold Salves] Starting out above sea (Altaira)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Stormhold Salves] Starting out above sea (Altaira,Aoren)

Postby M'Wanii on January 22nd, 2014, 5:51 pm

Receiving the new pail, webbed hands held it secure before upturning it's contains into the tank, effectively replacing the water taken from the tank in the other pail. This wouldn't be a lasting solution the Plants would have to be separated out into their preferred ecosystems, as and when the new tanks arrived. Giving the pail one more shake to ensure all the droplets of water had left it, the Charoda carefully got down off the chair and place the empty pail on the ground. The tank was now filled with clearer water and looking slightly better already; with some of the fast grown plants fading into healthier shades of yellow, brown and green.

Grinning at her work, the charoda quickly turned to look at Altaira as she cleared her throat. The dark haired woman was staring bewildered at the separated plant with those fascinating yellow eyes. Looking like a hatchling caught halfway through asking a stupid question, M'wanii tilted her head to the side as a unseen signal to continue.

"Why must they be separated, exactly?"

The amphibian blinked at the question. Something that would have appeared quite odd to any land dweller. Most would expect a blink to involve an unseen eyelids to closing over the eyes, but instead the translucent grey eyelid that always covered the Charoda's eyes slid back off her eyes, revealing deep black pits ringed in a muddy brown for a brief second. Why had they been separated? M'wanii thought it must have been obvious but then again she grew up surrounded by the plants of the see unlike the woman opposite her.

Clearing her throat, the sea dweller tried to explain as best she could in her broken common.

“Reason for separated? Errr..... How to words........”

Her hands flailed slightly in mid-air here as she scrunched her face up in thought of how to phrase it.

“It too strong- No not right way to say. Umm. Tank is in fight. It violent. Er......”

Bother it all! A cuttlefish bubbling at her would make more sense than I do! Gah! Why is common such a load of pebbles to use.

“Bully? Plant bully others..... Not good. If near other plant, it pick fight. Strong so other plant lose. Ermm......”

Again her webbed hands moved about in the air before maiming out what she was failing to express.

“It prickles....”

Her fingertips went to her mouth.

“if eat... so Charodae do not eat. It also make you want eat more. But not good. Eat more, you lose feeling then ermmmm.....”

This time her hand balled into a fist gently knocked on her chest twice.

“....stop. So if near crops in farm, it separated..... But can be use to lose pain. But need special treatment before can be useful.”

Gauging her co-worker's reaction, M'wanii checked to see if she had understood what she had said, before asking a question of her own.

“Pardon, I wonder is all. Your eyes different from other land dwellers. Be there a reason? Or be you just ermm....... Handsome? Correct word?”
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii
Landdwellers are strange people

Words: 70579
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Altaira Readva on January 25th, 2014, 2:38 am

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others | oocSorry for the short length! D:
To not be quite fluent in a city's most common tongue was something that Altaira knew quite well, and the expression of quiet patience that befell her was a testament to that enough. M'wanii, at least, seemed to have several delightful little quirks to her speech, more noticeable since she took to an explanation that required quite the extended period of talking.

She made sense of it all in her mind, pushing herself to think of plants as she does animals, nodding slowly as she shortly pondered that social hierarchy of marine plantlife. "Kind of like how some vines choke the trees they climb on? Or how some plants starve those nearby?" It was more of a statement to aid the settling in her mind that an explicit question, Altaira's own gaze hard on the tank and it's inmates when a question to herself was lodged, a flush to her cheeks shortly rushing.

"I..." she trailed for a moment, forcing away the colour that came to her cheeks at any and all compliment. "I'm kelvic," She searched for a hint of recognition in the charoda's expression, knowing all too well how many fellow knew of her kind, but utterly unsure as to whether or not M'wanii would have ever been in place to encountered one herself, "My eyes are much like that of my animal form. Hence for their certain little... quirks." It wasn't as though she'd never met a human with eyes much like her own, but they were a person of mixed human blood, some blend or combination that she couldn't quite recall. They were far more handsome than Altaira herself, she thought.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on March 22nd, 2014, 11:27 am

And the grades come rolling in.

Overall Comments
I love the interaction between the two members of this thread, I found it interesting enough. Too bad it was cut short.

As always, any questions please ask via PM.

Mwanii
Experience Points.
Observation+2
Socialization+2
Herbalism +2
Teaching+1

Lores.
  • Herbalism: Greenhouses are made of glass, not painted green
  • Teaching a Land-walker about Aquatic Plant Bullies
  • Herbalism: Identifying an Un-named Plant: A Red-Tangled mass of stringy Jelly like vines.
  • Altairva Readva: Kelvic Employee at the Stormhold Salves

Altaira Readva
Experience Points.
Socialization+2
Reading+1
Herbalism+2

Lores.
  • M’wanii : Charodae Seeking Land-Job
  • Red-Tangled Mess of Jelly Strings is an Aquatic Plant Killer
  • Plants can be aggressive

Template Credit: Edric Wingard
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes