Are you a future grader? I certainly think so.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Matthew on April 10th, 2014, 8:12 pm

This is another small bump, just to catch the attention of people who may have the time to give back to Mizahar in this way. If any of you are worried about messing up, then there are various Graders who would be happy to walk you through the process. I myself would be happy to meet with you in AIM or chat and do what I can to make sure you are comfortable with the task.

Feel free to PM with any questions!

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Radiant on April 11th, 2014, 1:08 am

Yes yes! I can personally say I've been helped tremendously in Syliras by the awesome Graders! :D It allows me to focus more on modding and development without the ever-growing grading monster looming behind my back. In doing so, I can focus on modding the Graders' PCs themselves!

Win-win!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Matthew on April 11th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Every now and then the Graders manage to organize a small group that come on around the same time and work together to mass grade. Last night the Graders managed to knock out 20+ grades over the span of about three hours. Caelum, Vanari, Nyxie, Stefan, and Xira were all pitching in. I am sure there are others I forgot to mention.

This was a short-notice gathering but still managed to have a nice turnout. I just wanted to let interested parties know that this sort of thing is going on, which is a great way to have some experienced back-up just in case you have any questions about the Grading process.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Lian Windrunner on April 11th, 2014, 7:33 pm

I will definitely have to look into this. I've hesitated to join in the past partly because I felt I was still learning my way around myself, and partly out of time constraints. But it does look interesting, and I would like to help out when and if I have time. :)
Lian Windrunner
Player

Words: 434725
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2013, 12:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanari on April 11th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Hey Lian, grading is the best way to learn about anything and everything :) Which makes these grade get-togethers even nicer, in that everyone learns something new every time, both veterans and rookies. We keep each other company, we lend aid or advice when needed, and we get completely drunk and flip cars share friendly laughs and youtube links.

I'd just like to add that I think it's not only a fun way to get some grading done, but also a great way for us graders to wear the same jerseys, so to speak. When we compare notes, ask questions, and simply express certain pet peeves or preferences, we fill in a lot of the gaps of our knowledge base and sort of homogenize things a bit. One of the issues with having so many PC graders is that we all have our own methods and interpretations when we tackle grades, so it's nice to have other perspectives to balance our own and keep people relatively on the same page.

Plus, we bond as well and have plenty of good memories to comfort us after grading 2343495874 threads. And we compliment each other. And also make fun of each other. What's there not to love?

*slides sugarfree gummy bears under Matthew's door*

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Russell Wood on April 12th, 2014, 11:57 am

I'd definitely be interested in doing this, I just gotta wait a good 38 days until the promised day, so lets count down until then;D.
Russell Wood
Player

Words: 79132
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2014, 11:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Athaera on May 14th, 2014, 3:50 am

I would like to help too. Once I can, of course.
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on March 30th, 2015, 10:09 pm

This is another small bump to ask for more people to step forward and volunteer their time as Graders. It is a great way to give back to the game, and you can have totally selfish motives. The only reason I ever Grade for the rest of these goons is so people will get to my Grades faster. Also, Grading helps give ST's more time to focus on running quests and developing their cities.

Worried that you'll screw up? There is a guide on how to Grade, and I'm pretty sure every Grader here has been asked to revise a Grade at least once. Still confused about how the process works or worried you'll suck? I would be happy to meet with people in chat or on an instant messenger and show them how it all works. We can pick a thread and I can walk you through how I would Grade it.

If someone is interested and has any questions at all, feel free to post or shoot me a PM.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Rosela on March 31st, 2015, 3:14 pm

Popping in to add another voice to the thread. Matthew mentioned grading parties earlier in the thread - I am 100% behind these, and would love it if they became a thing again. Even if you can't go on the massive grading sprees like we've all seen dear Matthew do, even one grade means the world to the people who took the time to write the thread to begin with.

Just one grade. Can you spare half an hour to help a fellow man?

if everyone does a little bit, it would result in so much for the rest of Mizahar.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kailey on August 28th, 2015, 1:40 pm

I'm just going to rather unceremoniously revive this thread, as I think the cause is a rather important one. Even if you only grade one thread a week, you're helping out.

In other news...

I've applied. HAVE YOU?
Kailey
Whittle Bunny Foo Foo

Words: 45748
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2015, 3:55 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext