Completed The First Day- Nyka

Rayage sets out on her first adventure upon arriving at the city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Rayage on June 7th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Summer 4 513 AV

After passing through the gates the nuit eventually found herself at the Safe Haven Hostel. She had purchased a room for the season. It hadn’t been too expensive, but still left the nuit counting every coin she had left in her purse. Really she would have to stay here some days until she can find a competent guide to lead her to Ravok. It had been over two hundred years since she had been there, and she wondered how much it changed. The city of Rhysol was so fascinating to her, and she thought how ironic it was that Qiao thought Forus was there.

Exiting onto the streets the nuit made her way… well, she did not know her way around the city. A little stroll to orient herself with the city and her surroundings would not be such a bad idea. Maybe talk to the locals and get a basic layout of the city and perhaps a taste of the culture here. Not literally, of course, as nuits did not need to eat, but figuratively.

From what she had gathered she was in the central part of the city, as the place expanded outward in every direction, and she had walked a great deal to make it to the heart of the place. She wondered silently what sort of place this Nyka really is. Why not find out?

The nuit wore her now signature purple cloak, made of an alchemical substance of her own creation. The symbol of the Ouroboros, an ancient alchemical sign, stitched onto the left sleeve stood out. Black hair fell down to about the middle of the cloak, and green eyes looked over the area and its citizens. The calculating thoughts of the nuit were kept to herself, as her hands clasped together to feel that she still wore the ring which granted her the illusion of life. Twin scarves with unique headsets were draped about the nuits shoulders, each dead still, each an animated object...

OOC :
I have real no plan for this thread, and any sort of plot is just ‘winged’. Thought I would open a thread where anyone and everyone could join if they so desired. Lets see what adventures we can get in with the city of Nka
x
Last edited by Rayage on April 12th, 2014, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Evalin on June 15th, 2013, 4:04 am

Through out eternity there exists both life and death, and some intermingling between the two. There are those who meet but briefly, knowing life for just a short time before the breath is stricken from them. For others their existence is more substantial, stretching far far into the distant horizon. For those who see life in centuries instead of years, the crossing of paths is not uncommon, and can in fact be expected. The world is, after all, so dreadfully small.

Evalin moved through the crowds at an even pace, pushing past the bustling bodies and through the legs of the self-important people of Nyka. It was, in a word, so very ordinary for Evalin now. She did this often, for one reason or another. To search for person, to quench an insatiable desire, it mattered little, for whatever the reason Eva found herself upon the streets this day, this oh so exceptional day.

Oh what I would to stand above all as before. Such a nuisance it is to gaze about at waist height. Never is there much worth viewing, and many sights missed at that. She spoke to Tsenrika, who remained sealed over her chest.

His voice replied, cold and emotionless as always, Wish you then to take upon yourself a new form? The time is come once more.

Eva shrugged, using her staff to swat at the ankles of a boy who tried to brush her aside, and smiled in satisfaction as he glared and let her pass, Yes I believe so. Though I believe this form be more convenient than I at first assumed, be it far past time to acquire a new vessel.

It was then that Evalin stilled, eyes catching sight of a rift in time, another like her that held fast against the tide of the world. A blossoming of hatred bloomed in her chest, and her eyes narrowed slightly, yet shrugging off what ill feelings she held Evalin moved forward, pushing through the crowed with eyes never leaving the perfect face of her former Master.

Moving so that she walked beside the 'man' cloaked in darkness, Evalin pushed back her hood, keeping her eyes forward, "Well then, has Sahova relinquished its hold upon you? Never would I have thought they would let their bitch from her leash to roam the world as she pleased." Evalin glanced at Rayage, eyes burning with the fires of loathing, and perhaps a bit of envy, Look upon her. She casts about herself an Illusion to hide her true nature. How utterly disgusting. How pathetic, how... how... Evalin felt like spitting, but she merely looked away.

Mind thine eyes turn not from shades of crimson to pools of emerald...

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Rayage on January 11th, 2014, 8:37 pm

Rayage looked upon Evalin, a smart smile on her face as the child talked. She was not offended by what the other nuit said. She was more amused than anything. ”So it seems.” Rayage told her, nodding to herself, ”It still is that the body you choose matches your personality and maturity.” The nuit quipped back, the amused smile turning to a challenging smirk.

”I would have never dreamed that you talk to me like that when I created you.” She told her, hand reached up to grasp her forehead as if in pain, and she shook her head. ”However, even that can change when you see what I have for you.” The nuit told her, reaching out to grab her wrist, ”Gifts…” she said, ”For old times sake.” No matter what, Evalin was still her apprentice and with that the nuit was responsible for her actions. In Rays mind their relationship never evolved, but it had changed and taken on a darker role. Though, how can she be angry when her dreams are about to come true? The homunculus was on its way and joy and hope filled the cold undead heart of the Alchemist.
It was not mere coincidence that they met here today. Rayage was sure it was a sign that change could be made to the heart which Evalin possessed and perhaps she could salvage their relationship. She lead the small girl away, or tried to. Regardless she would begin walking back to the inn which she had rented a room for the season.

”For one, dear, Im not sure this will fit you, but when you grow up perhaps you can wear it normally.” Rayage grinned at the concept of the nuit ‘growing up’. Headed into her room she waited for Eva to come before shutting the door.

Crossing over the room she grabbed a few scattered items, first there were two cloaks laid out on the bed, a dark green one, and a dark blue one. Both of them had the symbol of the Ouroboros stitched either on a sleeve or the back of the cloak itself. Next, the scarves were gathered, and they would look weird with faces tied onto them, but they were magical items as well. They fidgeted and moved a bit, curiously looking at Eva with their beady glass eyes.

A warm look overtook the wizard as she looked at the collection and she turned to Evalin, ”You may choose one cloak, and then I wish for you to have the scarves.” she told her with a nod, ”The cloak is a product of my own design. It is the perfect mixture of steel and cloth, giving the fabric amazing amounts of protection for the weight of the item.” she was proud of them, and it showed in her voice.

”The scarves are products of Animation. They are, in a sense, living, and will respond to commands. They possess rudimentary intelligence, and will act on the instincts of a snake. One is called Crusher, and is based off a restrictor type of snake, and the other is Snapper, it has two sharp fangs to rip into flesh. Their main bodies are made with the same alchemical formula I used to create the cloaks. So, they will last as long as their heads are not damaged. They can obey simple instructions, but will learn if you work with them.”

”They have distinctive personalities, but Im sure you will find that out as you play with them. To command them, you must have the authorization code. So repeat after me: Mykras Ka,” she paused allowing Eva to speak after her, ”Kryshant mu” she said the last authorization code.

”These are my gifts to you, my dear apprentice.” She said, ”May you use them wisely.”
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Evalin on April 12th, 2014, 12:57 am

"Do not fool yourself my dear immortal. Only have you fostered my hatred. What I am I am of my own will and design." Evalin quickly swiped the hand that patted her head, though when the word 'gift' floated in the air her eyes showed equal parts curiosity and suspicion, "Very well... But think you not that I shall be swayed in your favor..."

Evalin would follow quietly behind, a few steps back, though her eyes never left the 'Woman' cloaked in darkness. Her words were softer, her actions slightly different, but still it changed nothing at all. However, Evalin's eyes DID widen somewhat when she was greeted with the wide array of gifts. She remained silent through it all, her mouth a thin line until the end. Then she would approach the bed slowly, her hands extending out to gently touch the two on the wooden head.

"Mykras Ka" the one known as 'Snapper' moved ever so slightly.

f"Kryshant mu" Crusher seemed to twitch.

Evalin eyed the golems warily, shifting slightly as she extended her hands out, "Come."

The golems shifted, but did not hesitate as they began to wind around Evalin's arms, up over her shoulders and wrap around her neck. The nuit had to restrain herself from resisting, for it was an odd sensation, to have something curl about you as the golems did... Once they were settled, Evalin looked to the cloaks, and without much thought she simply picked up the blue one, folding it over one arm as she turned to look at Rayage, "The gifts are... unexpected. Expect you not to receive thanks from me however." She said, turning toward the door. She reached up with her free hand, gently patting Snapper's head as she paused, "Perhaps I shall repay you someday for all you have done me..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Rayage on April 12th, 2014, 3:10 am

The exchange was a little tense. The nuit could sense the others resentment. She did not expect to win over Evalins favor. No, that was not the case of this, and if Eva thought it so, then it showed just how child-like her apprentice really is. There was a reason behind it, but it was not for control. In fact, the gifts came from a fondness of the girl standing in the room with her. Together they had built lots of memories and this was but a small gesture in which Ray could even hope to repay her companion for the hundreds of years of service. She hadn’t yet been killed by the witch, and so she took that as a positive sign.

A small smile crept about her features as Evalin accepted the gifts. Eva’s words were met with a contemplative silence, and when Eva turned to leave and muttered her last words Ray’s smile widened a bit. It was exactly the response she had expected, so characteristic, but that in itself was comforting. Rayage remembered the time when she instructed Eva that their existence was akin the stars, more accurately the dark void between them. Darkness swallows everything and through the consumption of light is able to survive. This was the philosophy that a much younger Rayage had instilled in this girl, but was it correct? Was it her place to pluck someone from the flow of time and give them a second chance? Was it within her right, within her power to attempt to mold someone else’s fate? Evalin was a product of her desire, her lust, her sin and the darkness from that girl radiated clearly.

A ripple of shadow within shadow, a darkness giving birth to more, silently multiplying and growing, a disease on humanity is what she created.

”Evangeline,” Rayage called out the witches mortal name, ”Please” her voice got softer, ”do not forget where you came from or who you are. Don’t get lost in your own darkness like I was for so many years.” The eldest wizard was preparing herself to lecture the ‘youth’, but then stopped and looked down, ”May you go with the knowledge that I will never abandon you.” Eva was, for all intents and purposes, a part of Rayages vision of a family. Even still, in the state that she is, Ray couldn’t bring herself to hate what she created.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Evalin on April 12th, 2014, 3:21 am

When she heard her name, that old name that once was cast off, the Immortal stopped, her hand on the door. She looked slowly back over her shoulder then, the golems turning their heads toward Ray as well. Her eyes were awash with thoughts and musings, emotions unreadable as she slowly smiled.

"Indeed I shall never forget. I shall never forget he that cloaked the world around me in darkness and tore down the walls of my innocence in fire and blood. I shall never allow the darkness to consume me, for as my Master before me I am the darkness." She chuckled, closing her eyes as she looked back to the door, "I am she who shall see this world burn, and from the ashes a new land shall emerge. A land far greater, a land far kinder, a land of justice the likes of which we have never seen." Evalin opened the door then, stepping out and turning to look back at Rayage, "Never shall you abandon me... but what a fool you are. Call me not by that name any longer I do not recognize it. That name belongs to no one. " Her smile faded, the mask falling and in those eyes one emotion stood out clear. Hatred. Full and bright, roaring inside a body far too small to contain it, "Evangeline is dead."

Evalin slammed the door and turned, leaving behind a relic of the past and sentiments that meant nothing to her. She did not look back, just as she swore she never would.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Rayage on April 12th, 2014, 3:59 am

The door slammed and Rayage was left in silence. It reminded her how lonely she really was, and taking a seat on her bed she looked up at the ceiling above her, the wooden planks that make it up. Her hands rested on either side of her, supporting her weight, ”Evangelin is dead” she repeated Eva’s words. Yes, Rayage had made sure of that many years ago. An emotion built up inside of her, something that she hadn’t felt in quite a long time. It was a deep overwhelming sadness. No, not even sorrow… This emotion was deeper than that, more resentful, something suppressed over the many years of her unlife.

She shook her head and closed her eyes, ”Evangelin is dead,” she repeated.

”Evangelin is dead.” again it was said like a mantra.

”Evangelin is dead!” it was said in more firm voice.

”Evangelin is dead!” Rayage cried out, shooting up from her spot on the bed and turned to look at it, ”Evangelin is dead.” yes, this emotion… ”Evangelin is dead.” she told herself, yelling the phrase as her hands gripped the unclaimed cloak and threw it as hard as her nuit body would allow. The cloak did not fly far and that left the nuit unsatisfied and resentful of the weight. She had grown so weak, and Evangelin is dead.

The emotion built further and Rayage grabbed the sheets on her bed and curled them up in her hands trying to fling them too off the bed. ”Evangelin is dead” she told herself… That hatred in Evalins eyes. She thought about it, could see it so clearly in her mind, ”Evangelin is dead.” and so was her dream of the girl being a happy part of her family.

Punching the bed with her hands, the soft impact in the hay did not satisfy her. Why was she so weak? Her own image was crumbling before her. She was weak and couldn’t effect the world like she wanted to. Staring at the cloak and sheets on the floor a thought crossed her mind and she held out her hand in front of her. Palm down she grinned and tugged on her soul, mentally willing the power into motion. Yes, this emotion she was feeling was regret. She targeted it, and with the identification she could attempt to understand it.

The bonds of emotion was present even within the seven hundred and sixty year old wizard. Try as she might she could no longer deny herself this pleasure of release. Slowly a deep red substance dripped from her hands, falling in the air, only to be held, suspended by the wizards rudimentary control a couple feet from the floor. The liquid turned into a gaseous substance and swirled its way up towards the wizard forming a small sphere in front of her face, ”Evangelin is dead…” there was an emptiness in this statement, a detachment, a self-defeated tone.

The nuit looked at what she done, at the red res in the air and shook her head, dropping her arm. What was she thinking? The wizard was scared by her own thoughts and actions and broke her connection with the res, letting it dissipate. Order returned to her state of mind and she made her way to the window, scanning the crowd for the nuit-child, ”Evalin…” she whispered, ”be safe.” The hate in the youths eyes would haunt Ray.
x

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

The First Day- Nyka

Postby Balderdash on June 21st, 2014, 2:34 am

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Rayage :
Skill XP Awarded
Rhetoric 2

Lores: The Petch Is This Nyka Place?, Evalin Will Always Be An Apprentice, Keeping The Tongue Sharp, You Can't Hate Your Progeny, Creating A Monster, Cloaks Are Bad For Throwing, Wishing

Items and Consequences: A mid-life crisis?

Evalin :
Skill XP Awarded
Rhetoric 2
Hyperbole 5

Lores: Rayage Is So Disgustingly Pretty, Accesories Are Insufficient Compensation, Two Hundred Years Of Condescension, I Hate You Nuit Dad (Mom?), Slamming The Door On Rayage

Items and Consequences: +2 Magic Scarves, +1 Steel Cloak

Well. That cut off abruptly. A pity. :( Eva better get her apologizing skills ready! Eventually!

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)