PM to join [The Orchards] Pleasure riding

Riding just outside of the Orchards, Sari Windrain

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Orchards] Pleasure riding

Postby Xira Hezmek on April 21st, 2014, 12:56 am

17th of Spring, 514 AV

Snow trotted along Kabrin road smoothly and easily. The afternoon was Xira's to do as he pleased so away he rode. Since he came to Riverfall the courier had given little attention to his horse. Snow had greeted him and seemed eager to go. With help from Aweston the two saddled her up and Xira struggled to get onto his horse. At some point he would be able to ride his horse with no problem, but today was not that day.

Windhorses were incredibly fast. So fast that they say that they ride like the wind and are so smooth that they feel as if their hooves do not even touch the ground. Xira could attest to that. Snow loved to race and Xira loved to let her. She galloped along the road with the sea of grass visible in the distance. Xira was not confident he could survive in the plains. The grass rose high and hid terrifying monsters, or so the rumors and stories said.

He gave her her head and she took the chance to run. The road fled from them, the entire world melted away as she sped along. He would not go far, he feared too much for the safety of his horse and his own well being. But for that brief moment, he let Snow thunder down the road, setting off clouds of small birds in their wake. They ran and ran, leaving behind the city and the orchards behind.

He would not go far, just out to see some of the scenery. The man had been cooped up in the Sanctuary or the city and had yet to actually see some of the wilderness. The more he thought about it, the more he realized, this was the homeland of his mentor. This place, so different from Xira's own home, created a man who he admired so much.... and it was largely featureless. The wandering city of Endrykas was near and an influx of the people were in town to trade. He could not imagine how they survived on the featureless place, but survive they did.

He lightly tugged on the reins to slow Snow down. Snow had been well trained by the Windmounts in Syliras and this was good for a novice rider such as himself. She responded instantly by slowing her gait to a trot to cool off from the run, he looked back to the city, now a fair ways away. He did not wish to get attacked by a monster or bandits so he turned around and started back the way they came. Snow seemed eager to run longer, but Xira felt she needed her rest. Best not to wear out the horse this far from the safety of the town.

As they trotted along he saw the tips of the grass in the distance shake and rustle. Xira's heart lept to his throat and he was about to urge Snow forward when the source emerged from the tall grass.
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Sari Windrain on April 21st, 2014, 5:11 pm

ignorethis
17th of Spring, 514 AV

The moving city of Endrykas was close to Riverfall and so many of the Drykas Clans were sending people to trade and explore. Sari was one of the individuals who was taking this chance to see Riverfall and maybe even seek out a permanent place among the many diverse people who called this place home. She had actually come into town in the early hours of the fifteenth, along with many of the others, but she had decided to race around in the grasses earlier. There was nothing like racing faster than the wind through the Sea of Grass on a Drykas Strider. It wasn't exactly safe though, so Sari was staying close to the edge of the grasses where the road to Riverfall met with the tall green blades.

After racing through the grass and letting her Strider get out the pent up energy from sitting in a stable the last day and a half Sari began leading Poppy back towards the road. The buckskin mare happily walked as her tail swished behind her and her rider leaned forward to give the horse's mane a good scratch as they neared where the grass stopped. Sari squeezed her legs just enough to urge Poppy to move a little faster and before long they emerged from the grass and onto the road.

As Sari and Poppy appeared from behind the grass they both seemed a little startled upon seeing someone else right there. Poppy backed up a bit and neighed, but did not rear up. Sari, on the other hand, sat straight up and looked at the other rider and horse, eyeing them both wearily for a moment. After staring at the man atop the white horse for a while Sari finally cleared her throat and spoke.
"You aren't a Slaver, are you?" She asked as her hand not on the Yvas moved to hover over a long pole with cloth wrapped around it that was slung across her back. She had never been in danger of being captured and sold into slavery, but she figured why chance it now? She was not even sure the policy Riverfall had on slaves. She assumed they allowed it, from what she'd heard of the Akalak's breeding habits. That and the fact she knew some Drykas people would bring captured slaves in to sell when they were close to the city.

---
"Pavi"
"Common"
ignore this
Sari Windrain
Player

Words: 4707
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2014, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Xira Hezmek on April 29th, 2014, 12:11 am

Snow by this time had picked up on the courier's anxiety. Her ears swiveled around, searching for the source and her muscles tensed. She seemed ready to bolt. Xira put his hands to her neck and tightened his grip on the reins. He was certainly not expecting a drykas girl to pop out of the tall grass. Perhaps he should have though, they were said to roam the sea of grass. He relaxed, just a bit, and waited for any more. This close to the city they were unlikely to raid those on the roads, but it was a definite possibility.

He lightly squeezed his caves against snow's flanks and she started forward. She was nervous, even to a novice like him this was painfully obvious. She shot forward at first but slowed down as they came up to the other horse, opting to give the other horse a wide berth. "No M'lady." He said as the horse and her rider came up to the other pair, "Allow me to introduce myself, I am Xira Hezmek and I am a courier. I do hope that you yourself have no intention of enslaving me. Such things would prove terribly inconvenient to me, not to mention a fair bit of rude." He bowed in his seat to the young lady.

He guessed that she was a drykas woman. The courier did not know of any other humans that came besides the traders. The traders were easily marked in a crowd, but this one did not have the look of a trader. So he had to assume his guess was accurate. She was a pretty thing, long brown hair set in complex braids that complimented brown eyes flecked with green. Xira pursed his lips a bit, bitter memories of his drykas mentor on his tongue. She reminded him of the man.

They rode up to and then he and snow then passed her and started towards Riverfall. He fully expected her to follow him, but there was the chance that she wouldn't. "I take it you are enjoying the sights and pleasures of Riverfall and the surrounding sea of grass?" He inquired curiously, not bothering to turn his head. He had come out to be alone, but perhaps now he had someone to talk to.
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Konrad Venger on March 6th, 2016, 10:16 pm

Nice job, guys! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Xira

XP:
Riding - 2
Rhetoric - 1

Lore:
Snow: Gotta Let Her Run
Endrykas: The Wandering City
Drykas: Bad Memories

Sari

XP:
Riding - 1

Lore:
Poppy: Enjoys A Good Scratch

Click Me! :
Well, shame this didn't go anywhere further, you both had the makings of a good story. Still, I think one of you is still around so I hope to see more of you. And Xira, try to avoid language like "He gave her her". I know it's TECHNICALLY grammatically correct, but aesthetically it can be a bit of a muddle.

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4