Reimancy Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Reimancy Questions

Postby Leon Merkin on April 25th, 2014, 3:33 am

Hello, I was wondering about the personal magic Reimancy.

1. Can reimancy change a exsisting element in the world, then control the product? For example, a expert or competent wizard would transmute fire to throw it into a pool of water to make steam then create res to attract the steam.

2. can reimancy only attract "pure" elements? So you can only attract water from a lake or pool, and not from something like soup or any other water based items.

3. Can res be pairtally transmuted? For example, A wizard would transmute some of res he created and use the rest to attracted another element?

Leon Merkin
Player

Words: 1816
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2014, 8:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Reimancy Questions

Postby Soshakuakamamushi on April 25th, 2014, 3:43 am

Hello, Leon! :D I shall answer them to the best of my abilities.

1. Yes, you can transmute existing elements to another element provided the reimancer have expertise in BOTH elements. In fact, you can directly transform the water into fire (or other element) by coating it with your res. :)

2. Yep, you can only attract the water, without any added stuff such as carrot, meat, etc.

3. Yep! The Reimancy lore should explain everything.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | "arumenic" | thoughts

Important Note: Aka is currently pregnant (with eggs, being a Dhani) at the moment and as such, her belly is slightly bulging and she moves noticeably slower than usual.
Soshakuakamamushi
Inferno Viper Queen

Words: 654684
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reimancy Questions

Postby Evalin on April 25th, 2014, 3:46 am

Most of these questions are actually answered in the lore itself after a little bit of digging :)

1) You can control any element you have the lore to control it with. Fire Reimancers can control fire, Water can control water, and if you want to control steam (magically created or otherwise) you need a special lore for that as well :)

2) Yes you can only attract pure elements. Fire, Water, Air, Earth. No blood, soup, etc.

3) A simple yes. The lore gives a specific example where you only transform the outer layer of res and use the inner layer to offer more control over the spell until you completely release it.

Hope this helps :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Reimancy Questions

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 25th, 2014, 3:53 am

Hello! I'll see if I can't take a crack at answering your questions.

1. I'm not sure of exactly what you are asking, but if you are wonder if one can control steam probably not. At least not without possessing the lore for creating it as a possible Para-Element. So a regular reimancer without the lore for creating and controlling the Para-Element of steam would be unable to control said element, if that makes sense. So it might be possible, but only with some experimentation with said necessary elements.

2. You can indeed only attract those elements or para-elements you command, you would not then attract the soup I think. Then again, it is possible to use attraction to attract the moisture from a persons body, so I suppose it would depend on how diluted it is. If that makes sense.

3. Yep! Most experienced reimancers transmute their res in layers to maintain maximum control of their spells. Like creating a ball of res, making an outer layer and an inner one, the transmuting the outer to fire and keeping the inner as res to control the spell better. You also don't have to commit all the res you generate to just one spell. This one is also answered in the lore. :)

Hope that help.

EDIT: And ninja posted twice lol.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes