[Reven's Scrapbook] Lost In Paradise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Reven Heath on March 29th, 2014, 9:50 pm

Hello all!

Welcome to my scrapbook. I've been meaning to make one of these for a while now but I couldn't think of what I wanted to put in here. So finally, after much thought, I decided to start it up and see where it takes me. For the most part, you can expect to see songs and lots of quotes (I'm a real sucker for them!). Feel free to post anything if you'd like as well, I don't mind at all. Most of all, I hope you enjoy my little rants, my music, and my self expression.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Who Am I?

Postby Reven Heath on March 29th, 2014, 11:44 pm

To start off, let me give you a brief introduction of who I am.

My name is Nicole. As most of you may know, I'm not that old but I'm not that young either. Once you get to know me, I'm a major goof ball and enjoy making others laugh, even if it's at my expense (though sometimes it really sucks). My scrapbook is beach themed because it's the only place I consider my paradise, no matter the season. But I prefer the beach more in the summer time. Heat + Sexy men with shirts = No shirts and wonderful torsos...

Seriously! Look... at... this!...

Channing Tatum just cause... But anyway, it a great place for me and I figured designing my scrap book around it would be nice. I'm an artistic person, or at least I'd like to consider myself as such. Theater is my life, acting is my dream, and cutting through the obstacles to get there is the passion that drives me. I love art and drawing, writing and singing, playing music and designing just about... well anything. Like any typical young adult, I also like to party. In a good way!

By entertaining people! I was apart of a band but unfortunately, college dragged us away from each other so now it's just myself and Mr. Guitar. Aside from playing music, I've helped launch a charity off the ground which focuses on taking young actors/actresses to New York for a period of time to shadow professionals. As of right now, the foundation is going pretty well and hopefully we'll be making our trip out there next year for a kind of "test week."

This year has been a rough one for me. It's hard at such a young age to figure out what you want to do with your life, but sometimes that not the case. Sometimes it's not about figuring it out and more of, how do you get there? That thought had put me into a rut and so, I enslaved myself to a 40+ hour job as a Customer Service Agent, took myself out of school, and became a drone to society. Needless to say, I felt less like a human and more like a robot as the days went on. Clearly, I'm not that kind of person and being in an unhappy situation changed me after a time. Even the company itself tried to screw me over several times with my paychecks and finally decided not to work with my school schedule anymore when I started to go back again. So I up and quit.

And, to be honest, it was the best feeling in the world.

So I'm happily back with my old job and working on developing a portfolio while investing in my college's theater program. Life's good. :)

And summer's just around the corner! Woot!

Well, there you go, random stuff about me. Now to end with some inspirational stuff. Enjoy ♥

“Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” - Joshua J. Marine

"Reach for the Moon and if you miss, at least you'll fall among the stars." - Unknown

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.” - Unknown

“Life has three rules: Paradox, Humor, and Change. Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste your time trying to figure it out. Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure. Change: Know that nothing ever stays the same.” - Dan Millman
Last edited by Reven Heath on April 23rd, 2014, 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Reven Heath on March 29th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Some Music We Made...

Music Box Melody

There's a box with a name and on the inside, a song
and its tune, it tells you everything that's wrong.
It repeats and repeats till it's coils turn to rust,
on the inside, the springs tighten till they wanna bust.
And it sings.
And it sings its melody to nobody.
And it bleeds.
And it bleeds its tears through the melody.

There's a canvas with a painting that seems to cry inside.
Its colors show the pain that it always tried to hide.
Till they melt, till they fade, till the colors are no more.
Exposing what life was like in the blankness of before.
And it sees.
And it sees life blank and a bore when colors are no more.
And it needs.
And it needs its colors to live happily.

Life, like a bird, it flies.
We live and we die.
There's no room for strife,
just take my advice.
We need to be loved
with a smiled and a hug.
We can fix our broken springs
and color our blank paintings.
And we'll be loved.
We'll be loved.

Black Luster Heart

I'm still waiting for that day to come, I think I've been waiting all along.
So baby, don't leave me in the dark. You think we could part
this way?
You have a black luster heart..
And all this time I should have known that you'd betray me.
Betray me?
How come I didn't see the light of your words in your eyes?

Times all gone now, open doors decay. I feel my soul's black and empty.
No love's been shared-- What, with these masked eyes, the feelings that hide --
who would care?
I have a black luster heart.
And all this time I should have said that you betrayed me.
Betrayed me.
Now I know why the light was never in your eyes.

This spark of life, this new found hope;
A purpose maybe? Just help me cope.
Please just pull me from this darkness.
The gleam of light I dearly miss but it
seems like I will never find it.

I'm still waiting for that day to come. I think I've been waiting all along.
So baby, don't leave me in the dark. This black luster heart, I dearly hate.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Seductive Dancing

Postby Reven Heath on March 30th, 2014, 6:38 pm

I never thought I'd find myself in a pole dancing class, ever. But that's where I was last night and boy, was it fun!

So I'm all about trying new things, at least once. Last night was one of my friend's birthdays and to celebrate, she wanted us to go with her to a pole dancing class. Let me tell you, I was against the idea at first. Who wants to dance around in freakin' pumps, wiggling their ass at someone? But hey, I figured since it was paid for already, it wouldn't hurt to try it. The lesson started at 9:30 pm and ended around midnight. During that time, I could not believe how much of a work out we got just from twirling around on metal bars. I mean, holy crap!

Apparently you burn a lot of calories doing exercises like that since most of the time when you're up on the bar, you're just using your arm strength (maybe 95 % of the time) and some abdominal work. Surprisingly, by the time the class was over, all 6 of us were sweating our butts off.

I enjoyed it though, not only for the work out but also for the nice confidence boost it gave me. Well, the night was young and obviously, that wasn't the only thing we did but that's a story for another time...

Anyway, I recommend anyone who is slightly interested in pole dancing or some form of burlesque, seductive dancing, whatever, to give it a try at least once. It really was a lot of fun, they stick you in a room where the atmosphere is very relaxed and open and the instructors are nice. There was even a guy instructor there but I think he was pitching for the other team. Plus the music was great! Them beats!

Give this one a listen. Her voice is great!

Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The End

Postby Reven Heath on April 11th, 2014, 4:19 pm

“When the end comes rushing up at you, and everything that you thought was real starts to fall away, you consider the meaning of the life that you lived and you realize that the only thing that means a damn thing at the end is what you loved. And you think of who you love and you let it take you home.” - Being Human

Spoilers Alert!!! I've warned you!

I have to say I'm so sad Being Human US version is over! Granted, it wasn't too well known and the show was a bit more on the dramatic side for my tastes but, to be honest, I loved the emotional drama it gave. I've watched this show take off from its pilot all the way till the series finale and, even though the show was actually getting canceled, I'm glad they at least gave the audience something to end the show with.

I never liked the actor they picked to play Aidan. For some reason, every time he talked, I couldn't get over the shape of his mouth, jaw, and cheeks. Plus, he acted more like a baby then a brute, serial killer. I mean, come on! You're suppose to be lethal! What are you doing crying in the freaking corner?! Ugh! Now Josh, on the other hand, I loved that man. Both the actor and the character. I'm a huge fan of Sam Huntington and most of the interviews and TV shows I've watch, even the ones he guest stars in, he always appears very nice and formal. At least, I think so, heheh.

Sally and Nora. Hmm. I have to say the writers kind of launched Sally off into something... strange. Through the series, this character went from being a ghost, to being a reaper, to being reaped, to becoming human, then a zombie, then she was a ghost again, then she was some cross between a ghost witch... Ghost witch. With powers. Really..? I have to say that the only character the writers didn't really work as much with was Nora. She was, of course, tied into everything going on, but as far as character development goes for her, I think she was the only "normal" character.

Regardless of my own opinions about the show, I liked it. I loved the sad, depressing moments, the motivational messages, the music (eh, mostly), and the humor. I also like the concept of the show when it first began, about two seemingly inhuman, supernatural beings coming together to try to live a normal, every day life. The show had its moments, good ones and bad ones. Overall, I'm okay with the ending.

And I'll miss the show..! :((

"We're all hiding something, aren't we? From the moment we wake, look in that mirror, all we do is spin our little lies. Suck in that gut, color that hair, twist off that wedding ring. Any why not? What's the penalty? What are the consequences, really? "I'm only human," you say, and all is forgiven. But what if some cruel twist of fate makes you something else, something other? Who forgives you then? Every human spends a night or two on the dark side and regrets it. But what if you only exist on the dark side? We just want the same things that you do: a chance at life, at love. We're not so different in that way. And so we try and sometimes fail. But when you're something other, a monster, the consequences are worse. Much worse. You wake up from your nightmares. We don't." - Aidan, Being Human

Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Future Is A Bit Brighter

Postby Reven Heath on April 11th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Growing up all my life, I've always been told that you can do anything, be anything, if you work hard enough and try your best. Growing up has shown me that thought is hardly ever true, in most cases. It's odd when the day comes that you realize your parents are less of a super hero to you and more human than you'd like to admit, that they too were told the same things and were let down. Most likely. That they told you the same thing in hopes that you would actually doing something with those words because they hold so much power. The promise of a better future... Realizing this made me sad, because there is so much that you have to sacrifice to be "happy" and in the end, sometimes, you're not always happy. You're just living. Responsibilities pile up, bills need to get paid, dinner need to be done, kids need to be taken care of, a day to day routine is made that turns you into a robot and soon, you forget what your dreams were. Or you're already too invest in commitments, or you're too old, or at least think you are.

Everyone has their own lives and the way they live them. They have their own opinions and happiness that they strive for so in no way do I say these things assuming that this is what everyone thinks. This is what I've come across in my short life and it makes me sad. I don't want to be that way.

For the past 3 years, I've struggled with an illness that tore my life apart. All I've wanted to do with my life was throw myself into education, drown myself in it, into art and theater, animation and game development, story development and writing. I love it all and I love art. Like most of America, my parents make a comfortable living but not enough to support my brother and I. So when it came to school, we had to figure it out for ourselves. Now, it's great having supportive parents but when those parents don't try to help you further your education or assist you in any kind of way to make your future better, it's hard not to be a little upset with them. So I tried to get my hands on some scholarships but I didn't collect enough to cover tuition for my dream school. Then it was student loans, but of course, you need co signers for those and my parents refused to sign anything involving a substantial amount of money. I'm not naive, I understand why. Going to college is A LOT of money! The amount of debt you'll be in after graduation is... unbelievable! But to be able to survive in today's world, a degree is needed and sometimes, it doesn't even matter what it is!

Needless to say, I wanted to go to a fine arts college but the tuition for any of them is at least around 100,000 dollar for a BFA. I remember walking into the house one day after work and looking my mom in the eyes and telling her that I couldn't do anything else. I had to go to that school. It was my calling. I still firmly believe that.

Then the arguments ensued and that was that. No degree in fine arts. They would help me if I wanted to be a Nurse, or a Doctor... Really? So there it went, down the toilet, and I gave up. No I went with the last option of the last options and made the decision to pursue a degree in English and Education. It was depressing. I'm thousands of dollar in debt already and I'm working for a degree that's just convenient. It wouldn't make me happy and I knew that but like everyone else in my life, I sucked it up and went with it.

WORST DECISION! Let me tell you, don't ever, EVER waste money on a degree for something that you're going to hate!

Recently, I spoke with my grandmother who is... doing okay for herself... and told her about my troubles. It wasn't easy laying it all out and to say I was crying was an understatement. I wasn't expecting the conversation to go like it did but...

I'm going to art school.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Reven Heath on April 23rd, 2014, 4:28 am

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately, this will be my last post for a while. I want to first start off by saying that I am very grateful for the opportunity to meet with you all, whether it was in chat or through threading. My time here was very brief but even as short as it was, the community here is unlike any that I've come across. You guys make it special and even as boring as those job threads might be, you guys tell great stories.

Recently, my life finally started moving in the direction I've wanted it to go. Another woman and I have been working on a foundation for young actors, like an internship program, and we finally got sponsorship. We'll be leaving for a flight to New York in June which means we'll only have one month to crack down on the details of our program before putting it in place in New York. Not only has this opportunity presented itself but my grandparents are able to assist me in paying for a degree in animation which is well over 100K. So I've been building up my portfolio and focusing on animations through photoshop and, of course, the long process of digital painting... Ugh. With all of this, I'm still trying to go to school now and work so it leaves very little time for the forum.

I wish I could leave on a better note and I wish I could prepare my partners better than this. Collaborating with you all has been such an adventure and it is something I will miss a lot. I hope you guys have a great year, and a great life.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on April 28th, 2014, 1:55 pm

Can't say I'm not sad to see you go, but it sounds like you're getting a really great opportunity here. Good luck in New York, and Mizahar will be right here if you have time again someday in the future :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)