Quest SRQ: Danger from the Deep (Syliras+Zeltiva)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

SRQ: Danger from the Deep (Syliras+Zeltiva)

Postby Markus Andres on March 13th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Salvation had arrived.

More ships. Knights. Mages. Ballistas. More of everything. But that was not what Markus noticed first, it was that the rain had ceased. The storm had passed. Markus was soaked to the bones, but as the sun hit him, he felt not the cold. Felt only strength flow through his veins. He would hack away at the tentacle with abandon. Felt the strength rejuvinate him as he slashed at the wicked creature. Losing himself to the battle.

Shouts of victory reached him and his own voice joined in on the chorus. As the tentacles cleared the ship and Markus was knocked back towards the ballistas. Land against a knocked over crate or barrel full of ammunition for the catapult. Sitting there as the battle ceased. The magnitude of destruction washed over him. Victory had been theirs, but it had been hard won. Knights lay about, dead or dying. More had been thrown into the sea, unknown to the young knight then, Imass amongst them. He forced himself back on his feet. Wet clothes clinging to him like a second layer of skin. Looking to the sky, clear sky. He knew his prayers had been heard.

”We are forever in your debt, great Lord Yahal the holy one. Thank you for bestowing your divine blessings and keeping the faithful safe. We owe our lives to your merciful act of greatness, my blade and shield will forever be in your service.” Markus spoke in utter gratitude. Looking to the skies, he knew not where the god be, but he was around and Markus felt safer. Even with that beast lurking underneath. He would have elaborated on his prayer of gratitude, but now was not the time. There were wounded men to help and he had to find Imass and seek new orders. With half a mind he turned to the crew manning the balistas.

”Well done, men. But it is too early to rest now. Keep an eye out for survivors in the water.” Markus strode away, in search of Imass. They needed to organize the relief effort for those injured. Only then did Markus realize with horror.

He had heard no orders from Imass. The knight would have been standing tall and spewing orders to the right and left. Which could only mean one thing. He was not amongst them anymore. The strength was still present and it kept him from breaking down then. There was work to be done. Men to organize. He noticed the Konti lady working on injured knights. She did not let the situation knock her out. Markus could grieve later.

Enough! Stop this dilly dally and take command. He took a deep breath in, ozone still lingering in the air and salt returning.

”Well fought Sers and Seras! Knights and sailors! Victory is ours and it will be celebrated! But our struggles are not over yet! You people, check our rowboats, get them in the water if they're intact and get our survivors out of the water.- Gather the injured by the main mast where the Konti lady is working! Healers and medics, gather around there as well! Mages, rest up. You have earned your rest! For the rest of you, get to work, you can rest when you get old!” He tried to put as much of his authority into his voice and, sub consciously to emulate Imass as he spoke. Eventually someone had to come from another ship who outranked him and could take control. Had to be someone higher ranked than him around who would grow a pair and take command.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on March 14th, 2014, 7:15 am

The fight against the horrific had seemed to carry on for bells. But in the final chapter of their struggle everything seemed to pass by in a flash. The Mageknights and Miro himself grew further exhausted as they fought for the lives of their shipmates, and finally seemed to be winning victory. Their magic turned to defense and the swords of the ship to attack. By the time it was over, the Reimancer could hardly stand. Though he was lucky, for the toll was great.

If it were not for the Syliran Knights, none would have survived. Alone there was no way the wizard could have survived, and for that he was grateful. His Familiar had remained silent through the ordeal to allow his master focus, but no longer feared disrupting his thoughts. A Fyrdenese like Ender had always thought of Mizahar as an escape from a world filled with horror. This creature was far worse than anything shy of living on the Lightface of his homeworldf.

Markus gave the order for the wizards to take it easy, and so Miro did. He laid down on the drenched deck with his limbs sprawled about. The Irylid on his wrist found this the perfect time to speak to him via telepathy. "It seems to be over, and we are alive, in one piece. I don't know what comes next, but it can't be worse than what we just went through. You guided us through this, and you will do so again and see our quest ends in success."

With all the excitement at a close, the wizard barely clung to consciousness. He could feel the exhaustion in his body and mind begin to overtake him, and his eyes closed. He heard what his Familiar had to say, and the cheers all across the sea. They brought a smile to Miro's face as he lay there. And though he was weak, he still felt he had something left to do. He spoke in a proud and haggard voice to the Mageknights around him. "Never have I seen such excellently coordinated casting. I owe my life to each of you men. It has been an honor to fight alongside you all."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on May 7th, 2014, 4:11 pm

Ball
Unarmed +4
Endurance +5

Lores :
  • Facing the Lagool
  • Lore of Self: Fighting through the Chaos
  • Lore of Self: Never cowed by the enemies size
  • Naval Combat: Circular Formations in battle
  • Lagool: Guardian of Sahova

Marcus
Leadership +5
Tactics +5
Bastard Sword +3
Observation +2

Lores :
  • Combat: Keeping a Level Head Despite the Odds
  • Leadership: Inspiring Courage in the Face of Danger
  • Leadership: Keeping your Men on Task
  • Facing the Lagool
  • Tactics: Aiming at Weak Spots
  • Lore of Self: Mastering oneself in the chaos

Miro
Leadership +5
Tactics +5
Observation +4

Lores :
  • Lagool: Weak against Lightning
  • Leadership: Coordinating Reimancers
  • Lore of Self: Keeping Courage through the crucible

The Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
Wow! This was a LOOONG time in coming, and I apologize for that! You all deserved every point you got, and if I have missed any skills or lores that you want PLEASE PM me and I will quickly add it as well. This was a harrowing quest, full of so much danger and excitement that it is a wonder you survived at all. But you did, and now your characters are better for it.

I awarded you based on this thread, however, if you are wondering about any Syliras specific rewards promised by Accolade those will have to be worked out with the current DS Radiant. I talked with him once before about this and I believe he was prepared to honor what was offered. I know it has been a long time now, so most of the rewards would kinda be out of place, but I am sure we can work something out. At the very least you all have earned prestige among those on board this ship, and this may affect your status in Syliras and Zeltiva in the future. It opens up a lot of possible plot opportunities to explore! I will do everything I can to ensure you all get everything you deserve out of this quest. Once more do not hesitate to PM me :)

Nira'lia! If you come back just shoot me a PM and I will add your grade :). Great job everyone!

Sincerely yours,
Mirage
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Languish on October 14th, 2016, 1:47 am

Uh oh! Something's not right!

Imass, I was following your request for a regrade here, but it looks like you haven't been active for over 6 months. If you should return, please update your ledger for Winter 515 AV and then I will get your grades.

Thanks.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous