Quest SRQ: Danger from the Deep (Syliras+Zeltiva)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

SRQ: Danger from the Deep (Syliras+Zeltiva)

Postby Miro on November 20th, 2012, 5:35 am

Miro was amazed at the response and strength of the Mage Knights. His brothers truly were powerful. There was absolutely no way he could fear anything, not like this. His family was in sync, a boat with a beating heart. It was possible that their craft would be withstood, but there was no way the cause would be lost. A great inspiration grew in his heart, the fantasy of serving as a hero among his brother, the potential to be amazing like the Syliran Knights expected from him. He had come so far already, there was no telling what to expect.

All ten men stood ready to serve him, each capable in the ways of reimancy. Three wizards, led by a confident mage, starting to make boulders. They would serve well to do some serious damage if launched successfully. A mass of five went to man the sails, casting out their res and grabbing hold of the winds. Teamwork would serve them well here. Even if they were not as skilled as some of the other knights, their numbers would increase the amount of res and morale, and the ship would be quite nimble.

Two well seasoned looking knights came to Miro's side, then stepped onward and assessed the situation. Imass had rallied the rest of the knights to defend the ship already. It was something he could forget about, just keep an eye on his brothers in case they might need his arm. Two other Mage Knights stepped aside once the others were in line. They had a determined look about them, ready to serve on the offensive.

It was a perfect division, earth and lightning for offense on the creature, and wind to carry the ship onward while being protected. With the rest of his brother able to take full advantage of the ship’s weapons, the mage’s plight would not be in vain. They boosted the ship's capability well beyond average means with their magic. It was their duty to see that their mission be carried out, but Miro felt a determination that told him he should attempt to save as many as possible.

The wizard dug deep, reeling into his emotions to pull out as much will as he could muster. He had to keep a level mind, but he would do it with as much courage and zeal as Imass, a man who knew what it meant to give everything his all. He had to catch up with him, to walk on par with him, to surpass him. Everything he did here had to be perfect, there was no way around it. Nothing would take his brothers away from him.

Miro began to flow his djed from his arms, severing his soul alongside the other four that consisted of the lightning mages. The light blue liquid poured from his hands, surrounding him on the ground in a circle. The squire looked to his left, then his right, the clouds they formed were quite impressive. Both surpassing the amount that he himself produced. The other two knights that stood beside him cast out their liquid res between them, a steady stream that flowed from their hands. A darker green color from the one on his left, and an amber tone from the one on his right.

"Work hard brothers, we can take this beast. Us wizards are the most vital asset we have for defense right now, so let's do our best. For our brothers!" Miro threw his fist in the air, pumping out twice the amount now from his raised hand. The liquid sprayed out like a fountain, falling carefully in place along with the rest pooled in the circle around him. It was growing large, it formed a radius around him that was growing tall. The front and back of the ship were covered in wicked looking storm clouds that crackled and burst with zealous anticipation. The product of the gold and silver masters, their minds sharp and focused.

The two knights behind standing behind held up their fists as well, the wild emotion fueling their casting. Between them, their amount rivaled Miro's. They called out in recognition to his call, their voices blurred and cancelled out each other. "For our brothers." Together they would create the most impressive reimancy spell any had witnessed thus far. The Syliran Knights were ready for battle. Nothing would keep them from the Isle of the Undead.

Then a sudden calm washed over the seas. Was it some sort of trick? The water falling calmed to just a refreshing rain. It was no time to hesitate though, they needed to get to shore. "Cast hard on the sails wind reima..." But before he could finish his command, the boat was rocked hard by the waters below. Back and forth they swayed, each person fighting to keep their footing against it. And just as quickly as it started, the waters came to a still once more. The squire opened his mouth to finish the command when a monstrous tentacle broke high into the air.

What an impossible sight to behold. A mountain of an appendage had sprung up, but it was not alone, yet another tentacle had appeared on the opposite side. A cascade of water was flung at the crew obscuring much of the view. Miro cast his res into the air in a thick liquid blanket that he willed to block out the drops and allowed them to roll of the side of the ship and back into the sea. A tentacle came crashing through, tearing apart the thin layer of res, scattering it in all directions. The massive beast grabbed a hold of the boat, taking a grip on the mast.

The wizard reached a hand out, scrambling to pull his res back to him. He managed to regain control, gathering it in a ball in the air before him. Imass commanded the ballistas to fire. Yes, one struck true, lodging itself deep in the beast's hide. He could only grin in excitement, seeing the perfect opportunity to do some damage and kill the beast. "There's our mark boys, that metal rod there. It has pierced the beast's hide, guide our lightning deep into its body. Will it hard, we can't hold back!"

First to act were the gold and silver reimancers. They followed the every movement of the boat, responding quickly with the movement of their res. Green and amber followed their example and brought their spells into the air before them and casting it forward. A loud call was shouted as both gold and silver's clouds res began to swirl around the bolt and produce blue flashes from all directions.

Green and amber quickly followed suit, directing their liquid res to cycle around and stream in a torrent of sparks and flashes. Miro followed in last, casting liquid his res directly at its target in three waves. When each wave made contact, he transmuted it to a flash of lightning, willing it to flow through the pole and down into the tentacle. The spell ended with a blinding flash and deafening boom, but was cut short. Before he could finish, the tentacle retreated and fell back under the water. Only two of the three waves had been cast, and it looked as if the other knights were cut short too.

Though it was cut short and only took moments from the time of the first transmutation to the last, the spell had a stunning impact. White lights that obscured the squire's vision left him nearly blind, and he could only hear but a dull ringing. Slightly rattled, he clasped a hand to his face and tried to shake it all away. His hearing came back just in time for the creature's upset moan. It was not the sound of a dying creature, and when it had seemed they had kept the ship safe, another tentacle had taken its place. Only this time it was much worse..

The creature had wrapped itself around the deck, squeezing with great force to try and sink the ship. It was going to be a much more difficult task to handle another tentacle without the balista loaded. But the wizard was sure of one thing now that caused him to change his mind entirely. This was not a battle that could be won. They could only flee, only fight off the attacker long enough to slip by intact. Sacrifices could need to be made. The ship, the djed of the crew, even lives could be lost for the cause. "Do not be discouraged! Mages, take focus on the mast. The beast's tentacle will be fell by us once more, and then we make a sprint for shore!"

But no, there was more to it than that. They had a way through the hide before. The reimancers would have to be ready for another hard push. "Invest heavily in res, for we are in need of a second wind! There is no way we will come up short in our time of need. But our duty is not to slay this creature, so let us free ourselves from it and sail onward to Sahova!" Miro fought to get a grip on the rushing adrenaline and high tension. He too would pull deep, and this time be ready to assist all fields.

The Mage Knights would only focus on attacking just enough to break free, then all would force their efforts on evading the beast. Even their ability to assist other ships seemed minimal given the risk. In Sahova were the Nuits, the countless lifetimes devoted to studying magic. Fate drew them there. Some unholy sea monster would not keep them, it was time to act, and this time they would be rid of the creature. Failure was not an option, not when the stakes were so high.

Miro clasped his hands together for a moment, bringing out res as he separated them. A long thick solid spear of blue res was formed. It was shaped to have a long sharp point that gradually came to a sharp end. This would be his tool to pierce the monster. He focused for a moment on his right arm, causing thick blue smoky res to pour from it and surround the spear. The wizard cocked back his arm and closed his eyes. As he focused, he felt his mind link to his pathways.

In a very steady stream he redirected the energy from the pathways in his left arm, drawing it to his right. Gradually he felt his right arm strengthening, gaining an ease of movement, as if only the smallest whim would propel it. With the solid res in hand, he took aim at the tentacle gripping the mast. Miro took a forceful step and launched his arm forward to throw the res hard. His mind was wrapped around the spell being sent, a precision that would guide it true.

While his will guided the quick traveling projectile on its path, the gaseous res surrounding his spear broke through the hailing winds, attracting them to follow in its wake. With the wind on his side, it would move completely unhindered. Just before striking, Miro transmuted the res to rock, willing it to sink deep into the creature's hide. The sharp edge dug itself far into the creature, though the force of the throw caused it to snap in half. They had their target, though it would be much harder to strike.

"Knights, slash hard to break its hold on the ship. Now, lightning reimancers, aim for my spear. We may not be able to defeat this creature, but we will be free of it. When it looses its grip, all who are able will put their efforts into forcing wind to the sail." The knights in unison grunted back, ready for battle. Each of the Mage Knights held a fierce determination in their eyes, as if they were ready to give everything. Miro began to flow his djed to his hands and create res to supplement the leftovers from the last attack. This time it would really feel the pain.

The gold and silver masters had prepared for another assault already. They sent forth another res cloud, even greater in size than the one used before. The mass sparked angrily as it swept in near its mark. The stormy cloud of gold and silver boomed with quick flashes of white light and an intense crackling while it struck the spear over and over from random directions. The ship began to cry out from the stress put on it due to the tentacle’s grip. It applied a massive crushing pressure, too much for any vessel to hold out against for long. Wood stressed to its limit began to make a cracking noise, as if it were to snap. They had to move quickly. "Now, all together, let’s strike it."

The green and amber reimancers performed brilliantly yet again, following the wake of gold and silver. They produced a pool of res that easily overwhelmed the amount being controlled by Miro, but even so, he would have to preserve some of his. They followed in his steps, all three turning their res into a solid spear, each of its own color. In tandem the launched their assault against the creature. The squire let out a vigorous yell as his arm and will sent the spell sailing to its target. When it soared near he initiated the transmutation, willing the awkwardly aimed bolt to strike and travel into the spear.

Though things would not be so easy. The tentacle jostled around and caused the spear to sway, but Miro’s will kept his aim true. The spell, while arriving from a strange angle, soared close enough to reach its mark. It would only be visible in the several quick flashes, the streams of lightning that jumped from the evaporating res and into the earthen spear. Not all of the energy could be guided so successfully however, causing sparks and bolts to drift away from the spear and graze the tentacle. All three attacks arrived in a similar fashion, followed by the the last of the masters’ res being transmuted.

Miro panted heavily, his mind weighed with the burden of guiding an entire force. It was never him to direct a groups casting, only the simplicity involved in transmuting one’s own soul to magic. It was a tight shift to leadership, but he knew they were following in the route of success. As long as the creature would rescind the assault on the mast they would not fail. But if it were that yet another tentacle would arise, faith would be their last bet. It would be likely that a sacrifice would need to be made, one to give their soul, the price of being a hero.

The wizard called his res up, waiting for what would come next. He silently cursed the creature in his head, only able to hope it would allow them to pass. ”Let’s be free of these damned tentacles. Zulrav’s gusts will be our salvation.” Though the creature had been successfully hit by the Mage Knights, it was only half of the trial. Imass would have to rally the other knights to rid them of the last tentacle attempting to cleave the ship in two. Then something startled the squire’s thoughts. Words, but from, oh, it was Ender, his familiar companion.

”Be strong Miro. I have had doubts in you, disagreed with every choice made this far too, but now there is nothing that can be done but for me to have faith in your ridiculous claims. All of the speeches on your capabilities, how I should trust you, now is the time to redeem your words. Either you prove me wrong and we live or see that I was right all along and kill us. Really, you have already won. Yesterday I would have never considered putting my faith in such a reckless fool.”

Miro held a broad confident smile on his face. He was ready for the next step. He had done a lot, but there was more that demanded his attention. When the Mage Knights were finished being directed, he would be free to break away and take up arms alongside Imass. They were far from being reckless, but perhaps the summon had a point. ”Sometimes being a fool is the only way. I will do what is right, even if I don’t know all of the facts. Look at the way they have defended us, just the same as I would you, as if our lives depended on it. Have faith in me, in us.” The proud squire hesitated his words and gathered himself up to show the icy conviction in his heart. ”Trust me, Ender, we will never give up.”
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Imass on November 29th, 2012, 7:57 pm

An eerie calm consumed the waters for several tantalizing moments and suddenly the sea monster was upon them. There was no more time to think. No time to talk. It was now time for the men and women to face destiny in the face. It was time to take up swords and fight.

“FIRE!” Imass scream as the ballista’s where loosened. The whole entire sky flashed white as a bolt of lightning smashed into a raise tentacle. The ship rocked again.

The Akalak Knight now stared as another tentacle began to wrap itself around the ship. Markus Andres barked orders, but these words fell silent to Ser Imass. Anxiety and fear grasped his heart and pulled in into his stomach. Miro was rallying the mages to start attacking the tentacle as well, but this all seemed like a daze to Imass. The warrior could barely move right now, he could barely act. Fear was consuming his heart.

Clenching his sword even harder than before, Ser Imass watched as the others charged the tentacle before him. They were all fighting for their life and so should Imass. He didn’t want to be considered a craven in his last minutes of life.

Tears streamed from his eyes as he charged through the rocking boat, “DEATH!!”

Using all his strength, the Knight began to hack at the tentacle. He used all his energy and left nothing behind. His mind wasn’t working another more either; all he had left been instinct and emotion. Over and over he swung the blade, connecting with the super thick hide of the Lagool. This did very little he saw. No matter how many times he hacked, he produced no clear effect. Glancing to his right and left, Ser Imass noticed that many of the fighters were not have much luck either, until he noticed his squire Ball flaying wildly on the end of the tentacle. Ball had successfully pierced the beast. That’s when Imass knew what to do.

Using the point of his sword, he shoved it into the tentacle in front of him. Leaning into the sword, he used his hips and legs to push. After a few moments he felt his weapon pierce the sea monster and sink into the flesh like quick sand.

Ser Imass began to frantically saw with his sword. The boat lurched again. Death was near now. Imass now found himself screaming at the top of his lungs, “My opponent may not fear me, but he will respect me! And if he does not, I will make him respect me with all that I have to give!” His eyes streaming with angry tears as he tried to saw the tentacle. It seemed like everything in his life had culminated into this single moment. This single point in his life consumed his mind, “None will say that I haven't given all I got to give and none will take my glory and honor! NONE CAN TAKE OUR HONOR!!”

Ser Imass continued fighting no matter what would happen. If the ship broke down he would swim into the jaws of the beast and do everything in his power to kill it,“HISTORY WILL REMEMBER ME! NO ONE CAN DENY ME! NO ONE WILL DEFY ME! NO ONE WILL TELL ME WHO OR WHAT I AM OR WHAT I CANNOT BE! HUZZAH!

Ser Imass left everything on the line. No one would say that he died without courage.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Mirage on December 19th, 2012, 9:11 pm

The harsh orders from Markus set alight a fire within the men at the Ballista as the set about reloading the next shot, preparing for the next barrage as the rest of the knights rushed forward to hack at the creatures tentacles. Following the lead of the Konti Healer they began to group themselves into groups of 3-4, aiming their weapons to strike at a single point on the creature in hopes to piece the thick hide. Two knights moved to stand on either side of Nira'lia. The one on her left, a young man with red hair and kind eyes, offered a smile as she began to strike the point closes to where Nira was attacking. All across the tentacle the knights set to work, slowly they began to make headway, thin gashes beginning to appear along the tentacle as the weapons struck home and began to pierce deeper into the Lagool's hide.

The charge of res filled the air as the mage knights rushed to follow the orders of their unofficial commander Miro. At each command the trailed mage knights would cry, "For Sylira!" and echo his motions, spinning their res into action as the fought to control the elements to ward off this monstrous attacker. Droplets of water from the sky and sea collected like a dome over the ship, sliding to fall back into the rolling waves as the reimancers fought to keep their forces dry and battle ready. Those mages who controlled the earth shattered the boulders they created, sharpening them into dozens of spears just as Miro had done. With strong motions they sent them flying, sailing into any bit of exposed hide that the creature revealed so that its skin was peppered with the soon to be lightning rods.

The final strike sent forth by Miro and the two most powerful mage knights landed strong, coursing through the creature and racing down the tentacle which visibly spasmed. Those who were attacking the tentacle on the mast might feel a bit of discharge from it as well, though it would only send a small pain and tingling sensations up their arms, causing their hair to stand on end. The waters shook as the creature roared, the first sign that anything had truly affected it. The tentacle unwrapped itself form the mast, pulling itself back into the water but not before another bolt of lighting strike hit the rod, causing another spasm to rack its body as it sunk beneath the waves. The knight at the mast shouted loud to Miro, "You have done it! Its weakness is our lighting strikes! Quick now we must prepare for the next strike!"

The earth reimancers redoubled their creation of the rods, creating piles of them that could later be launched into the creatures hide. The wind reimancers moved to stand close to the middle of the ship, preparing their magics to fill the sails so that the ship could break free at the first opportunity. The tentacle that still wrapped the ship tightened further, but the knights along its length did not lose heart, in fact shouts of defiance echoed across the deck, joining with Imass' own cries as the knights and ship hands alike fought to survive this nightmare.

Imass' sword pieced deep, sinking into flesh as if it were hot butter. His grunts and sounds of struggle caused many to turn and look, and with one final tug his sword came free, creating a large cash in the tentacle as his body was spattered with the greenish blood of the lagool. Cries from his fellow knights rose into the air as the raised their swords as if victorious, but a few words from Imass would quickly send them back to their work, each taking the approach that Imass had to hack at the tentacle. Two knights leaped to stand upon the tentacle where Imass was working. One raised his sword high, stabbing his sword deep into the creatures flesh and jumping down on the other side, using his weight to pull his sword through the creatures tough hide as he began sawing on the other side. The creature's tentacle was thick, as tall as Imass was and twice as wide, but with three knights working together in one spot the size of the gash slowly grew. The man on top of the tentacle still hacked and slashed at the middle of the tentacle, trying to cut deep to the deck of the ship through the blood meat.

All across the deck the knights were working in similar pairs, each working to cut fully through the tentacle, yet the work was slow. Deep gashes began to appear all along its length as the knights worked, and the tentacle visibly loosened as its life blood spilled across the deck.

From the waters a fresh tentacle appeared arching high over the deck. Bending low its dozens of tentacletes reached forward, grasping at knights and deckhands alike that crossed its path, tossing them overboard and squeezing others until their eyes burst and their bodies were crushed. It swept across the deck, knocking several down and crushing them, while others were simply scattered as it tried to be rid of the pests that attacked its other tentacle.

Lights began to appear in the stormy knight, lights from lanterns that burned in the crows next of the ships that had broke free from the formation to aid their falling brothers. Three ships circled the beast, their own ballistas readying to fire as they got into position around the beast. Suddenly the creature was encircled, and thus its attention, and tentacles, were divided between the 4 ships. Help had arrived, but could the knights hold the creature at bay long enough for the reinforcements to be effective?

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ball on December 20th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Ball dropped as the first arc of lightening magic smacked into the tentacle of the creature below. The burst of electricity that he felt was enough to remind him that it wasn't smart to stay attached to the beast. Dropping back to the ship's deck the poor Pycon sort of landed with a sickening thud and remained in that position for some time before he managed to pull himself back together and stare up at the beast's tentacle.

Watching as it writhed in agonizing pain Ball knew he was low enough to withstand the attacks that others had to duck below or dive out of the way from. Ball waited until it was well past him before he bounced his way into the air again, clearing a rounded side of the tentacle and landing once more on the top of it, taking his own life into his hand he chewed and gnawed into the thing once again, spitting up more of that nasty black tar pitch that he had ate earlier, it was upsetting his stomach and it was time to come up. The wounds that other have created were the perfect places to deposit the remaining pitch and that is exactly what he did.

With one last final heave the spherical pycon squire regurgitated the remaining pitch he had ingested into the large wound that was made by a knight and then left it alone. Taking refuge behind his liege lord and other knights.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on January 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm

"Great job, men, keep it up! Make it bleed!"

The smell of ozone thick in the air as the powerful bursts of lightning from the master mages reacted with the air. It was a welcome change from the stingy salty air. Markus noted with some satisfaction that the men had gotten their act together and were performing better. He looked to the men and women fighting the tentacle across the ship. Noting in the midst of the death and gore that even the Konti woman Imass had press ganged into joining the knights had joined the fray in full force. The many knights looking so small and insignificant next to the massive tentacle, but they were inflicting hundred upon hundreds of wounds on the creature. The tenacity and bravery of the knights was the stuff of legends. It was only a matter of time before they had cut the tentacle off entirely. Time to change target. Perhaps they could save the mast still.

"Aim the bal-"

His mouth would not continue moving. He was stunned to see another tentacle appear from beneath the waves. How many petching tentacles did that ungodly beast have! He watched in horror as it swept across the deck, killing many of his friends and comrades. He cursed beneath his breath. "Petching beast." He turned to the men at the ballistas again this time his fury was not aimed at the crew, but at the beast instead.

"Aim everything at the third tentacle! Make it suffer!" He yelled to the men at the ballistas. For a brief moment he had hoped the thing would cut it losses and get out of there. But now it seemed they were in for the long haul. Markus turned to the catapult. They could not wait any longer. But as he turned he saw the lanterns of the other ships. A huge sense of relief fell over him. They were no longer fighting alone. Things looked a little brighter now.

"FIGHT ON KNIGHTS! Reinforcements are here!" He yelled. Give the men and women hope that they might survive this encounter. His gaze returned to the catapult. It was time they used it. "Fire the catapult at the tentacle grabbing the mast! And for Wysar's sake, do not hit our own ship!" Markus ordered before he unsheathed the bastard and held it tightly in both hands. In his mind it was clear. The gods had blessed them with arrival of the other ships. But it would take more to save the ship. They had to dislodge the petching tentacles. This ship was still in danger of being dragged beneath the waves. He hoped the gods would bless them once more.

”Lord Yahal, The Holy One and Lord of the Pure, please grant us the strength to slay this unholy beast from the depths! Please guide my sword so I may destroy this creature before it destroys the faithful.” His words were loud, his voice firm. Lord Yahal was a just god. A knightly god. He would not forsake them. He raised his sword into the sky as the spoke the last words. Markus would run at the third tentacle. There was no plans for finesse or hard earned techniques. It was about one thing, and one thing only. Pure strength. He would chop down with all his might. Hopefully tear through the tough hide and get to work on the squishier muscles and tendons inside.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Nira'lia on January 14th, 2013, 4:32 pm

A slight euphoria washed over the Konti as she realized they were actually making progress. The creature’s skin was thick and strong, but it was not infallible. And when the attacks were kept focused, gashes and cuts started to appear. The progress was not quick, but it was there. Aside from that, the mage knights were also making advances—they had discovered its weakness!

They could survive this.

Then another massive tentacle emerged. It swept over the deck, leaving a trail of destruction. Nira’lia shrieked and ducked for cover, and all around her she could hear the screams and the crushing bones. She found herself by a corner, cowering beneath her arms, her suvai clutched tightly in her hand. When she finally lifted her eyes, she could see nothing but distress.

The Konti felt anguish as she looked across the deck. Her mind seemed to be going haywire, screaming at her to help them. The blood, the dead bodies, they were all difficult and weighed heavily in her mind. Rak’keli’s voice was strong and burning in her ears, reminding her of the oath she had made.

“Rak’keli… help them…” she whispered.

She knew she wouldn’t be able to continue attacking the tentacles. Nira’lia tucked the suvai by her side and rushed to the nearest Knight who had been knocked down by the tentacle. He was clutching his leg and howling in pain. A piece of debris was jutting out of his thigh.

Examining the wound, she could see how deep it was. If it were pulled out, blood was gush out—and that was dangerous. Nira’lia was focused on him when someone called out to her.

“Healer! Healer, over here!”

A man who had approached her was pointing towards an unmoving companion. Again, the memory of Rak’keli’s voice burned in her mind.

“I need you to scan the injured and come back to me!” the Konti said to the man. “Focus on the ones who need immediate attention!”

It was difficult to focus amidst the turmoil, but she fought to keep her mind from panicking. Nira’lia could hear the orders that the catapults be fired towards the tentacle. As she tended to the man who had a piece of wood in his thigh, she saw that the other ships were starting to circle around them. What was going to happen next?

Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Imass on February 1st, 2013, 12:11 am

Lightening flashed in the sky and thunder rolled immediately afterwards. The sound was deadening and the flash of white blinding. Imass saw stars and he got light-headed, but this did not stop him. Frantically sawing with his blade, the Knight was able to cut through the tentacle in green glory. The Lagool's vile blood soaked the knight in a green spray of carnage.

The Knight let out a battle cry of triumph to the men around him. Despite being covered in the ooze, his golden eyes shown with even more passion that before. The battle fever had over taken him and he showed everyone his honor. Raising his sword in the air he cried to the heavens once again, "HIYAAAAAAHH!!!"

Another tentacle flopped on the deck and tried to crush the ship under it's massive weight. This time the tentacle was as tall as Imass and almost double the weight. Raising his elbow up to be horizontal to his ear, the Knight let out a blood filled battle cry. The fury of battle was upon him and there was nothing else to be said, "SYLIR WILLS IT!" With that everyone began to attack the tentacle. Two knights jumped on the massive appendage and began to stab, still others hacks and smashed.

Ser Markus Andres' voice rang in Imass head, but he instinctively understood the orders were not specifically for him. Thus, Imass began to saw once more. As he broke skin a spray of green mist began to shower him in the face, but he did not stop. He did not loose balance when the ship swayed, he only pushed harder. With his brothers to the right and the left, nothing would stop them. Nothing would deny the Knight's Syliran!

Soon the deck was covered in the life's blood of the tentacle and the ground was slippery. Ser Andres word's suddenly returned to Ser Imass and the Akalak lodged his sword free and flung his body away from the tentacle as the catapult and/or ballistas where fired. Sliding across the deck, the Knight tried to avoid any glancing blows from the projectiles.

Then there was confusion. Standing up a new tentacle replaced the old one and this time thousands of little tentacles emerged from the big one. The Knight was still in the heat of battle and did not comprehend the hellish nightmare that was unfolding before him.

"No one will deny me!" Stepping forward into a strike, the Knight brought his sword down. Aiming the strong of his blade at one of the smaller tentacles, he would cut, not merely hack. Pushing his hips forward, the Knight brought all his power behind the strike. In the process, he dropped his guard however this was negligible since the Lagool had no guard itself.

After his cut, the Knight pivoted around and threw another cut on another small tentacle, "No one will defy me!"

Imass threw cut after cut until he had broken his sword, finished off his enemy, or died trying, "KNIGHTS, MAKE THIS BEAST RESPECT US!!"

Assuming the assault of the latest tentacle was beaten off, the Knight would run to the edge of the ship and grab onto a rope to balance himself on the rail. The madness of battle was upon him and the fight had taken the breath out of his lungs, but regardless he would say his piece. Point his green tinted broadsword at the water Imass would yell out his challenge.

"Have you no Honor you vile beast?! You fight us plainly in the open and have every advantage, yet you do not show your face! You are a coward and so are the gods who made you! Come forward and look me in the eyes!!!"

The Knight was mad and wanted to stand toe to toe with the Lagool regardless of the consequences, "You may well devour me, but you will respect me before this is over!!! Come out and face me beast!!!"

oocSorry it took so long and I am sorry if the quality isn't too great, but im sick and this seems to be the only time I have to sit at a computer hahahah thanks imass
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on March 21st, 2013, 8:58 am

Miro and the Mage Knights could not fight this creature forever. No matter how much damage was dealt, there was always another tentacle. They were alone, abandoned by the other ships. Zeltiva was full of the bravest sailors and the most nourished minds in Sylira, and he had hoped for more assistance from the seaworthy men and wizards well studied. Their lone ship was no match for the creature itself, but managed to survive on the Djed of the wizards. After exhausting much of their Res another tentacle was killed, but another appeared.

Overgiving was nasty, nasty business. Even the well disciplined knights would begin to succumb to sweet whispers and find their control slipping away if they continued to fight. Casting dangerous elements like lightning, things could go bad quickly. It only took one weak link to wipe the entire crew out. Before they could prepare another attack the new tentacle made a pass across the deck that hit hard. Several unlucky knights were taken, so helpless against the overwhelming foe. Their blood mixed with that of the creatures on the deck, it was sickening. They could not afford to lose any more knights.

Three of the men under his command were taken from him, along with a handful of others he did not have reign over. Two of his lesser casters and the lead earth Reimancer. Their loss only diminished the forces Djed. The ship began to ready an attack on the creature, and in the distance the lights of ships could be seen. Miro began to pour Res from his arms and focus on a strategy. ”Mage Knights, we need more Res. But keep an eye on your brothers, watch for overgiving.” Winning meant nothing if they would fail to complete their mission in Sahova.

Their reinforcements arrived, taking the attention of the creature and damaging it. It was just what they needed, an opening for their escape. Miro called out to his men. ”All capable of wind Reimancy, line formation behind the sails. Gold and Silver, only cast on the creature if it attempts to attack our ship again. Any unable to fulfil either role, report to me immediately.” And on his word all men marched into place, four men behind the sails, the three masters behind them and one who fit neither criteria.

”Miro, Sir, I am the only one. I am only capable of water and earth, Sir. What will you have me do?” Miro could tell the young man was disappointed. He was the odd man out, but this was not a bad thing. ”Good, you will tend to the wounded, so make haste. Clean open wounds with water, brace broken bones with earth. Follow the orders of our healers. But most importantly, watch the others for overgiving.” The Mage Knight saluted, then went on to serve his purpose.

”All Mage Knights, follow my lead and cast at the sails.” The Reimancer gathered the mass of Res he had created and willed it into a gas. As he spread it in the air above him, the others followed his example. As a strong wind picked up, he attracted it to his Res and guided it towards the sails. The gust crashed against the sail and the substance blew off the sides of it in all directions. His Res was quickly pulled back a distance from the sail to hover once again. He watched carefully for the next strong wind to blow through and guided it to slam against the sail once more.

The most seasoned wizards were first to follow along. The masters who would defend them first guided wind and flowed their Res at the sail in tandem. Soon after the remaining knights picked up on the technique and followed along. The less talented knights combining their Res to match the stronger casters. ”Wind Reimancers, take us away from this creature so we might arrive at Sahova. Cast your Res to the sky and pull Zulrav’s fury down to the sail over and over! Do not stop until the creature is out of sight”

”We must hope that the other ships hold it in place so that it does not follow us. If we are lucky, they will not die until we are safe. Do not cast too much when all of these other souls can be used. It is their duty to cast away all of their Djed, not mine. I am no knight.” Of course his partner had a point, but Miro shared their duty, and held responsibility for all of their lives. ”I can’t give up now, my men need my guidance. I lead the magical wind guiding our sails and our defense. Only together can we can defend our ship and out maneuver this beast.” Ender could understand the importance of the sacrifice each of them made to protect one another.

Miro concentrated hard on his body and soul. Together the Mage Knights were successfully creating a powerful guided wind to boost their ship onward. As long as the three master Reimancers were able to lead the gusts, they would have a constant powerful wind. But if a tentacle were to come at them, they would suddenly slow due to their Res being spent on striking it with lightning. The loss of the masters wind would cripple their enhanced speed, and all knew how little they had left to give. Having to replace the Djed could be dangerous. Anything more and they would be risking crossing that line. Already some of the lesser casters would be experiencing sweet whispers and euphoria to cast more. They only needed to escape its clutches and reach the island without taking too much.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Mirage on March 13th, 2014, 5:06 pm

The ballista fired straight and true, piercing the tentacle while the rest flew harmlessly over the reinforcement ships. The mageknights took advantage of this as the had before, all who wielded the power of lightning rushed toward the railing of the ship, swirling the res about them as they sent of a crackle of lighting to strike the rod which protruded from the beasts appendage. The water bubbled and rolled in agitation as the creature struggled, yet it did not let go of the mast.

The air around the ship suddenly felt heavy... The prayers of the faithful could be heard clear as day, as though the storm were not there at all. Calls for aid, for help rung out, and almost as if in answer the fall of rain eased. A warmth would fill the bodies of those who fought, bringing with it a sudden and powerful surge of strength and power. Wounds would lose some of their pain, bleeding slowed as injuries were eased enough to be pushed to the back of the minds of those on deck. The knights all responded to this sudden surge in power with a shout for victory, calls to push forward, to strike flew about the deck. The knights that hacked at the redoubled their efforts, and with one final swing Imass' sword would pierce the hide of the creature and cleave the tentacle clean through. Another roar, and should anyone be near the side of the ship they would see a large body beginning to rise to the surface of the rolling waves, one large yellow eye looking up to the deck of the ship that claimed one of its tentacles. The tentacles from the arm that swept the deck suddenly struck out, slamming into the group that had caused its severe injury and sending them all, including Imass, overboard.

The tentacle that wrapped the ship then began to slide in two directions, falling back to the ocean with a great crash of waves as the ship was suddenly freed from the monster's grip. The other ship were now advancing on the tentacles around their own ships, copying the strategy of the attacked ship. The reimancers surged forward then, reinvigorated and power overflowing like never before. Air whipped out, filling the sails and pushing the deck forward just as the lightning strikes began once more, surging through the tentacle until, at last, it released the ship and they all could free themselves and sail from the monster's grasp. The other four ships, fresh and new, were firing upon the creature's main body. Reimanciers used air and water to deflect tentacles as the sailed toward them. Those that managed to wrap the ships were immediately set upon by the knights, all striking to pierce the flesh as lightning sung through the air in a crackling fury.

The beast was being fended off, and the supernatural strength that flooded the knightly band of warriors drove them all to push their potentials to the limits. It took but a few more chimes, and a well placed Balista to the face, before the Lagool finally sunk below the waters once more, and with a resounding cheer the tentacles fell beneath the waves with it. Overhead the clouds began to clear, and a full moon could be seen shining down in a field of stars as the ships once more set out on their course toward the Island of the undead.

The mage knights collapsed in exhaustion, knights let fall their swords and the wounded moved or were carried to healers to be seen to. That surge of strength was now beginning to fade, but the warm remained, bringing with it a sense of hope, and of protection. The sailors cheered for their protectors, the knights wearily moved to rest, all the while knowing that they had not yet even reached the shores of their hardest struggle yet.

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ball on March 13th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Ball shuddered as he was still ‘one’ with the fiendish beast of the sea. His liege lord’s final attack cleaved the tentacle in two, that alone caused Ball some relief as the part he was attached to ceased to writhe and flail about. Oh shyke… Ball was released from his towering height to the wooden deck below, it came rather quickly and almost immediately, his body bouncing hard before coming to a rather flattened state of form.

The pycon grumbled in pain as he slide with the rocking motion, realizing in his semi-cohesive mindset that the ship was surging forward, the lagool creature was dead (or at the very least defeated), and the shore was coming closer.

Oh grateful land!
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes