Closed Qiao’s Quest

Rayage gets a quest from Qiao, one that drastically changes her plans.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on March 14th, 2014, 9:31 am

The nuit listened to the whole exchange, both of Miro and then the intervention of the familiar. Vick wasn’t coming, but the truth around the issue remained hazed. Rayage was quiet even after Miros final interjection in an attempt to change the subject. The fact that Miro would lie to her was alarming, but it came from a good place, a childish place. Miro was no kid, but he still acted like it sometimes. The other wizard respected her so much that he didn’t want to disappoint her with his failure most likely because of his blatant and rude actions.

Throughout the exchange between boy and familiar the wizard had been passively listening. Instead of having full concentration on the conversation between them she was more focused on the aura of the younger wizard. It rippled and shifted and changed, the faces twisting to a grimace before settling down. A sense of embarrassment washed over Rayage as she further connected with the aura, the color turning to a pink over the face of the wizard she was examining. The aura color, in spite of Miro’s lack of ability to blush, made him look so.

Even with his more grown up look Miro looked and felt like a kid in that instant. His face along with his aura showed it all. He had been caught in his own lie, but it wasn’t the lie that mattered. Rayage could forgive the little white lie as it was obvious the wizard was ashamed of it. Miro felt defeated by the truth. Now she needed to weigh her options. If she yelled at Miro when he was so very vulnerable it would only make him close up to her. If she supported him then it would only encourage his behavior of bending the truth. If Miro wanted to manipulate her, then he needs to best make sure his own familiar wont bust him. Then again, what was the ice creature motives for ‘telling the truth’?

All these questions she needed to consider. Blinking once she backed out of her casting. Her skill in auristics was not the best, and so she could hope not to get any more information from them this way. She needed to analyze what she saw and felt to make the course of action for them all. The entire situation was sticky and smelt funny. It was something that she didn’t like, especially from Miro. She had more confidence in him than that. The familiar wouldn’t betray Miro for nothing, and so the creature aimed to manipulate the situation as well.

”Miro,” the nuit began taking a step towards the wizard, ”look at me.” it sounded like an order, and with that a cold, undead hand would fall upon Miro’s shoulder, ”It’s ok.” she affirmed whether or not the mage would look at her.

Taking a moment to gather her words and thoughts, ”You don’t have to lie to me” another hand fell upon the unoccupied shoulder, ”We are a team, remember? If I cant trust you, then who can I trust?” The words coming from the undead alchemist sounded so foreign, it amazed her that she was even saying them.

”You are special, unique, a magical prodigy. You don’t need to lie to get your way. Why did you even tell such a story? What matters is that Master Vick will not be coming. I don’t care about the why or how.” She saw within him a lost and young boy. Although she told herself that she wouldn’t think of Miro as a child anymore, it was hard not to. The way he acted and behaved, a grown up child with massive destructive power… A scary thought indeed. She would rather imagine him as a grown man, but even now that picture is dissipating.

”Besides, it might be better this way.” She said letting go of Miro turning from him, keeping some of her deeper thoughts to herself. She didn’t need Miro overreacting to her overreaction which was why she decided not to chastise the young wizard. An upset Miro could endanger her life, ”We have much to prepare for. Forus is a capable wizard and can be quite dangerous in combat. Our supplies will be gathered in time, but what we cant lose is the chance to hone our magical abilities. Ive told you Miro that I don’t want to rely on your magical abilities alone, and so I want to be a stronger personal wizard. In the days to come, would you further instruct me in your magic?”
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Miro on March 21st, 2014, 12:00 pm

The Reimancer had been caught, but lying for the sake of lying never got old. Even when caught, there was nothing preventing one from a continuing to lie. Betrayed by his own Familiar. But was Rayage more perceptive than Miro was deceptive? And would Ender continue to work against him? There was nothing that could be done to sway the Irylid into being disciplined and obedient. The Hypnotist's scrolls only made the creature more rebellious and violent. It made no sense to the Chained One.

"Well..." the undead said, unsure how to talk his way out. "I understand what you mean to do Rayage. But you are not understanding at all. Vick conveniently seems to be spoiled by Sahova with a project just as we are to leave. He is one of the only wizards I have ever met who is more childish and crazy than I am. But, to his credit, he is smart. If he is staying, there is a reason. Ender is a liar, albeit a good one. But like I said before, we don't need Vick, he still needs to be trained in personal magic more. Here he has the option to practice his craft here with all the resources he could ever need, so there is little reason for him to leave."

Now Ender would be discredited, but only if Rayage believed what Miro had to say. The wizard gave a chuckled at the Nuit. He then turned to Ender and placed his hand on the creature. "Return to your sealed form." The undead used telepathy to keep his voice silent while he prepared his voice for Hypnotism. He would cast an emotional response of trust on Rayage with reassuring words. "Like you said, we are a team. You have magical talents that I do not, and they can accomplish a lot. Not to mention your connections around here. And I am strong enough to see that you can get things done."

Miro gripped the Irylid and began to squeeze. He could feel pressure on his own body from it, but continued to do so despite the discomfort. "Rayage, it amuses me how you think. You are my Reimancy initiate now, I will not stop training you in magic. And I'll expect that when I need help understanding something you will do your professor thing. But do not think I would act so childish as to put your task at risk." It felt so nice to be so perfect, the Chained One thought to himself. To lie and manipulate was to dominate and to always have your way.

Ender still would not return to his sealed form, but did not speak. In his sealed form he would not have the choice however, only use of telepathy. If the Familiar would continue to resist, his master would be forced to use Hypnotism to obtain obedience. Though he was not even sure he could do much with the untrained discipline. He focused his Djed through his touch and the grip and concentrated on a feeling of torment and hatred. He began to channel emotions of obedience and despondence and a suggestion, "Remain in sealed form."

Finally the creature returned to the shape of an icy bracelet upon Miro's wrist. The wizard nearly heaved a sigh, but instead decided he was done dealing with anything more today. He would return to the Training Grounds and meditate on magical theories. Rayage would be free to visit him later. In fact, the Reimancer would they continue practice together. "Rayage, I am going back to the Grounds now, unless you need anything more from me now? Though I will insist you come visit me after a dozen or so bells have passed. No later than a day, if you are serious about continuing magical training." Miro waited for a reaction and prepared to walk away and find solitude as soon as Rayage finished speaking.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Rayage on April 6th, 2014, 7:17 am

Rayage took iin the information given to her by Miro. The wizard always knew what to say, always had some sort of come back to nearly any situation, there was never a time where Miro would falter or allow himself to appear vulnerable. The nuit smiled. A manipulator, leading by example, Rayage loved it, and ate up every word. Not quite contradicting what she had just said, but passively and objectively stepped back wondering which was truth and which was lie. It was proven already that Miro had no problems with telling a lie, especially if it would keep up his image, but then again, why would his own familiar speak out against him? It was a house of cards, carefully balanced… The best lies have hints of truth.

There was truth to everything here, and logic. It made it harder to discern between fact and fiction. For now, the wizard decided it best to play along and nod, agreeing with Miros every word, but watchful. She would wait for any discrepancies in act, any moment of weakness, changing of story, or gap in the armor that the wizard so artfully created. It was, after all, best not to show ones hand before the game is set. They were both playing the game, this dangerous game of trust, and playing this game with a wizard is likely to end up in death. Though for the both of them the benefits outweighed the consequences. When wizards can cooperate, many unimaginably great things could be accomplished.

A weary sense of trust was reestablished with Miros words, as he was innocent until proven guilty, even in a lie. Ray knew she was lying to herself, but it was best to put this behind her so she could look forward to the future.

When Miro started walking away, Ray was quick to follow behind eager to continue her training in Reimancy. Her fire would blaze a new path in this world, build a road for others to follow. When it is time to step out of the shadows, she will be ready, her power undeniable, and Miro would be sure to get her there. Miro was the key to everything. Miro plays a very important role in this plot she is planning. Though she needed Miro to trust her completely, and to get that trust, she needed to give trust of her own. Everybody has their own reasons for doing something, Miros reason for lying to her had to be good. The wizard again lied to herself, making her believe in the ‘trust’ which the two had established.
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Qiao’s Quest

Postby Mirage on May 17th, 2014, 11:32 pm

Rayage
Rhetoric +2
Auristics +1
Persuasion +1

Lores :
  • Forus: Stole from Sahova
  • Forus Quest: Drag him back to Sahova
  • Ender: At least the Familiar speaks truth

Miro
Persuasion +1
Rhetoric +2
Hypnotism +1
Familiary +2

Lores :
  • Forus: Stole from Sahova
  • Forus Quest: Drag him back to Sahova
  • Ender: May act to his own ends

Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
Awesome! It's definitely a long time in coming but here is your grade! Sorry there really was not much there in the way of skills or lores as far as I could see. If I have missed something, however , please feel free to PM me and let me know :). Happy Writing!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous