Completed From Greytide to Tempest [Part II]

Kel kills off his enemies one by one in the cover of darkness

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

From Greytide to Tempest [Part II]

Postby Kel Tempest on May 11th, 2014, 12:58 am

Day 3 of Winter in the Year 513 AV
Off the Coast Somewhere in the Suvan Sea

Continued...

Dawn was just under the horizon when the ropes finally snapped under the pressure of the captive’s struggles and the gnawing of the otter’s sharp teeth. Kel’s legs were shaking from the strain of keeping the otter propped up on his leg. Jenkins had fallen off a few times when exhaustion overwhelmed the man’s lower body and collapsed under the weight of the animal. But he grit his teeth, revenge burning hotly in his chest, giving him the strength to push through the pain, allowing him to prop it back up for his tavan to sit on.

Kel collapsed onto his face and lay there, feeling ecstasy flowing through his legs from the blessed relief. The former captive remained unmoving, allowing his limbs to regain some amount of strength. But he knew he had limited time before his assailants’ regained consciousness when Syna awoke. His body would have to recover later.

He pushed himself upright shakily and glanced at his tavan gratefully. He stroked the top of the small mammal’s head for a moment showing his thanks and Jenkins pushed his face against the extended hand contently. Kel motioned for the sea otter to remain where he was and slowly crouched, picking up the discarded rope and coiling it as he scanned the ground carefully in the semi darkness, not wanting to step on anything that would give his presence away. Stealth was not something he was skilled in but he knew enough to know that stepping on a stick wouldn’t be helpful. His acrobatic grace gave him some level of ability to move quietly but he knew it wouldn’t be enough if he was careless.

Kel stared balefully at the four bodies that lay sprawled out across the dirt floor one dead and the other three passed out from alcohol consumption, dark thoughts churning through his mind. They attempted to steal his ship, attacked him, tied him up and mocked him. They deserved to be punished. The question was how.

Blue eyes glowed dimly in the bushes, staring hard at the sleeping forms. His fingers clenched with vengeance as his sapphire orbs burrowed deep into the sleeping form of the man who backhanded the Svefra across the face. He didn’t want to just kill them. He wanted to make an example out of them. Not that anyone would ever see it. It was the thought that counted.

Kel slowly pushed past the branches, wincing as they creaked and rustled. He paused, watching to see if the noise woke anyone up. The passed out men remained unmoving, seemingly undisturbed. The Svefra moved into the small clearing towards the closest man as quietly as he could and gently set the rope down beside the prone figure. Kel stared down at him, watching him snore peacefully, reeking of boozes and filth. He was mildly surprised they didn’t die of alcohol poisoning from the amount they consumed previously. But it worked in his favor so he didn’t complain.

The Svefra slowly stepped over the motionless body so that he had one leg on each side. He gradually lowered himself so that he straddled the man’s chest. Before the sleeping man had time to wake up and discover what the weight was, Kel wrapped his hands around the man’s throat and squeezed, an evil glint swirling in his eyes.

It took a few ticks for the semi drunken man to be forcibly dragged back into consciousness, his body jerking him awake as his oxygen was cut off. He began to struggle weakly, not sure what was happening in his current intoxicated state. But suddenly, it was as if his mind finally registered what was happening and he began to panic, fighting harder, hands clawing at his attackers grip. The man’s eyes widen in fear and recognition, gurgling quietly as his lungs depleted of air, unable to draw more. A dark grin crept across Kel’s face as he locked eyes with his enemy. He wanted the man to know who was choking him.

The thief’s fight to escape grew weaker and weaker until his struggles finally stopped. Kel instantly released his grip, not wanting to kill the man, not yet anyways. He just wanted to knock him unconscious for a while. He had other plans for him. Kel bent down, ear hovering just over the man’s mouth, hoping he was still breathing. Gentle puffs of air caressed his ear and the Svefra leaned up, leering gleefully. He quickly snatched up the rope and bound the man’s hands tightly before grabbing the other end and tying the man’s feet together. He pulled the captive’s feet and hands backwards, tying the lose rope together so that he was hogtied securely.

As quietly as he could, Kel began hauling the body back towards the forest edge. He grit his teeth as the body dragged along the ground, making a painful amount of noise that he was sure would wake up the entire forest. His eyes darted up nervously towards the remaining two captors. One began to shift in his sleep and Kel quickly towed the unconscious body into the bushes, foliage rustling loudly in his wake. The Svefra quickly ripped a strip of cloth from his pant leg and gagged the man so he wouldn’t make any noise when he woke.

Kel ducked back into the bushes and crept forward, heart pounding as adrenaline coursed through his veins, face flushed with excitement and nerves as he stared into the clearing, the possibility of being caught filling him with anticipation and exhilaration. At any moment the ruse could be up and his plan could be ruined. On the other hand, it would be a success. The unknown was what sent a thrill of excitement through him. He lived for moments like this, life hanging in the balance.

One of the men sat up, blinking blurrily. He yawned and then grabbed his head, groaning slightly, most likely due to a splitting headache. He staggered to his feet, not bothering to look around but headed towards the forest edge opposite of Kel to urinate. The Svefra stared at him as he disappeared from view and before slipping back into the clearing.

Everything was falling into place.

Legend

Fratava

Common
Last edited by Kel Tempest on May 24th, 2014, 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 11th, 2014, 3:08 am

Kel swiftly crossed the clearing, being careful not to trip or make any noise. He snatched up his discarded kukri beside the last remaining sleeping member of the crew. He hesitated, jaw locking in irritation as he saw the passed out man’s hand resting on the Svefra’s trident. He shook his head, shaking off the outrage in silence, leaving the trident where it was for now. It wasn’t worth waking the man up for yet. He moved past, disappearing back into the foliage behind the drunk. He would deal with the other man later.

The Svefra hefted the curved blade in his hand, feeling the familiar weight of his smaller weapon, yet having little skill in wielding it. It normally rested securely against his lower back, underneath his sash for anything that required its sharp edge. He preferred to rely on his trident for most combat situations but for close quarters, he felt safer to have something handy.

Kel crept through the woods, fingers wrapped tightly around the hilt, eyes scouring the forest floor for anything that could betray his presence. He wasn’t completely successful, branches rustling as he passed, small sticks crackling underfoot. He grit his teeth and kept pressing forward, gently placing each foot down in front of the other in hopes that the man in front of him was too distracted with fighting the forest around him to hear the disturbances behind him. Kel paused a moment to reoriented himself, trying to get a lock on the man ahead of him. He heard the man crashing through the bushes ahead and grinned savagely.

The barebacked Svefra crouched as he slowed his approach, finally spotting the figure in the dim light. It was growing noticeably lighter, more time having passed than the escaped captive had originally realized. The still drunk crew member braced himself against a tree groggily, the sound of a stream of liquid splashing against the trunk. As quietly as he could, Kel snuck up behind the man.

A loud crack alerted the man to the presence of his stalker as a twig snapped underfoot.

Kel cursed and lunged forward, just as the man looked over his shoulder, confusion twisting his expression. The savage sea dweller wrapped his free hand around the man’s mouth, muffling his cry and swiftly placed the curved blade against his throat.

Even in his still drunken state, the man knew better than to struggle when the steel was placed over his exposed jugular. Kel let the fear build as he held the man’s life in his hands. He could feel the drunk’s heart pounding crazily in his chest and the Svefra grinned darkly. He enjoyed the power he held over the man. Finally, he spoke, hissing in the man’s ear.

“Yeh’ tried stealin’ me ship. Yeh’ don’t steal a Svefra’s ship, mate; tis’ bad manners.”

He pressed the kukri deeper into the man’s throat causing him to shake violently in fear as a thin line of red sprouted around the edges of the sharp metal.

“Yehr’ mate hit me over teh’ head, knockin’ me out. Teh’ other one backhanded me while I t’was tied. I just be wantin’ yeh’ to know, both of ‘em will suffer.”

Kel allowed his words to sink in, venom dripping off his tongue as he spoke softly, each word punctuated with fury. The Svefra could feel the sweat soaking through the man’s shirt in dread as he stood shaking. The knife wielding Svefra could almost see the wheels churning in the man’s mind, thoughts bounce back and forth between trying his luck and escaping or remaining where he was.

Kel didn’t give him the chance to decide.

“I'ma be nice teh' yeh since yehr' teh' exception. Yeh’ didn’t do anythin’ other than attack wit’ yeh’ crew so I won't make yeh' suffer. How's that be soundin'?”

He chuckled quietly as the man nodded vigorously. Kel pulled the kukri away from the man’s exposed neck causing the man to shudder visibly, almost sobbing in relief.

But before the man had a chance to respond, Kel swiftly jerked the curved blade across the man’s throat. The man’s body arched in shock and let out a muffled gasp as the knife sliced through his neck, severing the jugular. Blood gushed from the jagged wound and Kel released the man from his grip. The dying man desperately clawed at his throat, trying to stem the blood flow from escaping. He slowly toppling forward against the tree.

Kel reached down and shoved the man onto his back, propping him up against the tree. The sea dweller stood, staring down at him with a face that could have been carved from stone, watching as the man gasped for air, his lifeblood draining from his body. The Svefra bent down so he was able to hiss mockingly into his ear.

“Yeh’ still have teh’ learn from yehr’ mistake. Never steal a Svefra’s ship, mate.”

The light slowly faded from the drunk’s eyes, leaving them staring blankly into the tree tops. Kel wiped his blade against the man’s shirt, cleaning the blood off the weapon before shoving it under his sash, against his lower back.

He turned back towards the direction of the clearing.

Two dead, one captured.

Kel’s lips pulled back into a snarl, revealing bared teeth. A few people still needed to be taught a lesson about Svefra courtesy.

Legend

Fratava

Common
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 15th, 2014, 9:51 am

Syna was slowly edging over the horizon, the atmosphere around the jungle growing brighter as dawn approached. The barebacked Svefra crouched, moving as silently as he could through the forest. He held the kukri in one hand and used the other to gently push aside leaves and branches as he tiptoed back towards the thieves’ camp.

Only one man remained. A vicious grin pulled at the corners of Kel’s mouth as a dark glint clouded his Laviku blessed eyes, recalling the sting of the man’s backhanded across his face when he was tied to a tree, unarmed and defenseless. Payback would be cruel and extensive.

Time seemed to drag on as he hurried as quickly as he could through the brush while attempting to be silent, wanting to reach the clearing before the last man awoke and saw his companions missing. The Svefra needed to get a hold of his trident before then. Finally, he breached the wall of shrubbery and stumbled out into the clearing.

He froze as he looked towards the spot where the last remaining crew member had previously been sleeping.

He was gone.

Kel’s heart jumped into his throat, heart pounding in his chest as he looked frantically around the open glade for the missing person. All he saw were discarded bottles, rumpled sleeping mats, a dead body from the previous day and the smoldering remains of the fire pit. There was no sign of life anywhere. He was just worried that the ship thief would escape his just punishment and Kel wouldn’t be able to exact his revenge on him. The Svefra hesitated near the edge of the woods, unsure what to do next.

The sound of rustling branches was the only warning he had as the last surviving man charged out from the bushes next to him where he sat waiting, tackling the Svefra to the ground.

Kel was knocked off his feet before he had time to react. He crashed to the ground, the weight of the enraged man pinning the Svefra to the dirt as they struggled for dominance. The larger man went for the sea dweller’s neck, hoping to end the fight as quickly as possible. His fingers wrapped around Kel’s throat and squeezed. Kel choked as his air way was cut off and oxygen stopped flowing into his lungs.

He attempted to pry the man’s fingers off his wind pipe but was surprised at how strong his opponent was. Black dots began to appear in the heavily tattooed figure’s vision as he snarled at the leering face above him. He needed to change his tactics or pretty soon his revenge would never been fulfilled.

Kel desperately cast his hand about in search of something to attack his foe with. His knuckles cracked into a fist sized rock and he quickly snatched it up, feeling his muscles weaken. The Svefra grunted as he lifted it off the ground and smashed it against the man’s head. The man attempting to choke Kel out yelled in pain as the rock connected with his skull and released his death grip on his opponent’s throat. Kel gasped for air, coughing violently as he tried to force oxygen back into his deprived lungs but managed to shove his attacker off of himself.

The Svefra dropped the now useless stone and scrambled over to his trident. He snatched it up from the ground and twirled it in a circle before facing off with the man, crouched in his combat stance. The man lay unmoving for a moment, dazed from the blow to the head before staggering upright, shaking off the strike. He held his hands out in front of him, slightly unsteady, to balance himself as he regained his senses before gingerly touching the side of his head where he was struck. He snapped his fingers in front of his ear before glaring at the trident wielder. Kel chuckled.

“Got a bit of ringin’ in yehr’ ear, mate?”

Finally, the man was able to pull free his sword and face the armed Svefra. The man’s scraggily face was covered in dirt, seeming to rarely have been washed and his clothes crumpled from their long night of drinking. He seemed to have consumed less alcohol than the rest of the thieves or at least held it better since he stood confidently. Long greasy, brown hair hung tied behind his head in a pony tail, brown eyes glaring out from under shaggy eyebrows at the Svefra. He circled the sea dweller and spat on the ground by his feet.

“What’d you do with my friends? And how did you escape?” His voice, barked angrily, hoarse from the alcohol consumption. “If you killed them you are going to pay…”

Kel cocked an eyebrow up at him mockingly.

“Yeh’ think I’ma pay? Yeh’ tried stealin’ me ship, attacked me, tied me up and threatened teh’ kill me. What’ja think was gonna happen, mate? ‘N as fer’ yeh’ mates…well, you’ll see…I promise yeh’ that. But I'll tell yeh' what. Yeh' beat me in'na fight and I'll be tellin' yeh' where they be, free of charge. But if I win...”

The former Greytide winked. As the last words left his tongue, he struck. The Svefra lunged through the air; both hands firmly wrapped around the shaft of his weapon and shoved the trident forward. The thief stumbled back in surprise at the sudden attack and hastily brought up his sword, deflecting the prongs away from his body.

He quickly retaliated, blade slicing through the air. Kel tumbled backwards to avoid the sword, landing on his arse. He used the momentum to continue the roll, planting his trident and hands against the dirt, shoving upwards and landing back on his feet. He couldn’t stop the grin that stretched across his face at his successful evasive maneuver. He hadn’t planned on doing it until it had already happened. But he was pleased with the results: he wasn’t dead. His opponent seemed equally surprised but Kel didn’t want the man to know it wasn’t planned. Maybe it was time to weave in some doubt and a little fear.

“Yehr’ out of yehr’ element, mate. I’m Svefra, t’was born fer’ this. Been trainin’ teh’ fight me entire life. Give up now and it t’will hurt less I promise yeh’ that.”

Kel smirked at the man, sapphire eyes dancing mirthlessly. He could see uncertainty lurking in his adversary’s eyes, not sure if he should believe the Svefra or not. While he spoke, Kel secretly searched among the dirt with his barefoot for something to distract his opponent with. Finally he wrapped his toes around one of the thieves’ tin cup. Before the man could decide what to make of the Svefra’s statement, Kel kicked the cup up at him.

The man’s eyes widen in surprise as the unknown object popped up into the air in front of him and instinctively swatted at it with his sword. Kel leaped into action as the foes’ chest was exposed, spinning his trident around and slamming the butt of his weapon into the man’s sternum. He heard the air leave the thief’s lungs in a loud whoosh, doubling him over in pain and shock.

A few different scenarios flashed through the Svefra’s mind in he played out a few different ways to take out his opponent in his moment of vulnerability. But Kel shook them away. That would be too easy. He wanted to make the man pay. He was going to feel every bit of pain.

The black haired warrior spun his trident around again and jabbed the prongs lightly into the breathless man’s exposed thigh, just hard enough to draw blood but not enough to keep him from fighting properly. Kel grinned playfully as he stepped back and waited for the man to get his breath back.

“C’mon mate, I wanted teh’ fight, not teh’ friendly spat. Show me what’cha got. Don'tcha be holdin' out on me now...”

Legend

Fratava

Common
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 20th, 2014, 2:55 am

Surprise and pain registered in the man’s face as the trident blades punctured the top layer of his skin. His free hand instinctively jerked down to cover the wound on his leg, as if that would somehow make the pain leave. He removed his hand and looked down at it, a streak of blood decorating his fingers. Anger twisted his features as he glared at Kel.

“You’re gonna pay for that you little shyke.”

Snarl on his lips, the man charged Kel, sword held high. It sliced through the air, metal flashing dimly in the low light. Kel quickly brought up his trident to deflect the weapon away from himself but his opponent feinted, swiftly changing directions and swinging down at Kel’s legs.

Surprise crossed the Svefra’s face as he was thrown off, only given mere ticks to react. Muscles tightened as they instinctively coiled in his legs, knees bent and Kel jumped. He snapped his legs up, knees pulled them to his waist. He could almost feel the wind tickle his feet as the sword’s edge just barely missed driving home into his calf.

His opponent was in the process of bringing his sword back around after the attack into a defensive position as Kel landed softly back into the grassy clearing, unharmed. Still taken off guard but not wanting to loss the chance to take advantage of the man’s lack of defense, Kel’s attack was a little more than unorthodox.

Not completely balanced after landing, Kel stepped forward; foot planted and jabbed the portion of the trident’s pole that rested in between his hands awkwardly into the man’s face. There wasn’t enough power behind the blow to really hurt the kidnapper but it was enough to surprise and throw him off.

The weapon smacked him in the chin and his eyes widened in surprise and pain. Kel quickly followed through, lifting his knee and jamming it into the man’s exposed side. The last remaining man from the group grunted in pain and jerked to the side trying to soften the blow.

Suddenly Kel felt something sharp bite into the side of his calf as he retracted his leg from the attack. He jumped backwards, wincing as he put pressure on his injured leg. He looked down and saw his pant leg sliced open and looked up at the man’s sword, seeing the edge smeared with a small amount of blood.

In the chaos of the attack, the man’s sword jerked up as he was kicked, nicking the Svefra’s leg in the process. Kel could feel a warm trickle of blood slowly well up from the laceration, the torn skin stinging. He cocked one eyebrow up at his opponent.

“Aye, now that be what I’m talkin’ ‘bout mate. Let’s be seein’ more of that, eh?”

Legend

Fratava

Common
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 23rd, 2014, 1:37 am

The two circled one another warily, each surprising the other by the other’s competency with their ability to fight. Kel could feel his blood racing through his veins, the pounding of his heart as adrenaline and excitement coursed through his body. This was what he was born for, bred for. He had been training his body and mind to hit hard and move quickly in combat for years. It was finally paying off.

A thought struck the Svefra as he felt the kukri rub against his naked back. He quickly released one hand from his trident and snatched the hilt of the weapon from behind his back, throwing it as hard as he could at his opponent. The blade wobbled through the air haphazardly, end over end sending his opponent in a mad dive to avoid the flying knife.

Kel smirked as the thief landed in the dirt with an oompf, watching as he hastily scrambling back to his feet and glared at the Svefra, having dodged the thrown weapon. The man opened his mouth to make a snide comment but was cut off as Kel swung his trident with both hands at the man’s head like a club.

Once again the man’s eyes widened in surprise and he stumbled backwards to avoid the bladed club. Having successfully distracted him, Kel charged the retreating figure and slammed into him, trident shaft held out in front of him like a shield. The man brought his hands up to deflect the pole but wasn’t able to push it away since he was still off balance from stumbling backwards. It was all he could do to keep from falling over under the assault.

The man stumbled backwards, barely able to keep his feet underneath him as Kel shoved back with all his strength, sending the two staggering across the glade. The two crashed into the base of a tree, the Svefra pinning the man to the trunk, the opponent’s sword hand pinned by the wrist, blade mere inches away from Kel’s face yet unable to reach it.

The trident pole crossed the man’s neck, his free hand wrapped around the leather wrapped pole, trying to wrestle it free from the seafarer to keep it from choking him. Kel shoved the weapon forward, trying to cut off the man’s airway, blue eyes locked with brown. Fire blazed in the Laviku’s blues fueled by hostility and revenge, face twisted into a snarl, his upside down reflection looking back at him from the man’s eyes.

The two stood there, both trying to overpower the other, one trying to live, the other to kill. Suddenly the man slammed his head into Kel’s, catching him off guard. The Svefra’s head exploded in pain, stars flashing wildly in his vision, his head snapping backwards. The pressure from his attempt to pin the man let up slightly, giving the thief the opportunity to shove Kel backwards. The man’s foot came up and snapped around catching Kel in the side, landing a solid blow to his torso.

The combined force knocked the dazed Svefra to the ground.

Legend

Fratava

Common
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 23rd, 2014, 3:13 am

Pain racked the Svefra’s head, disorientation and confusion muddling his brain for a few ticks, eyes fluttering open and close as he tried to focus them. Clouds, leaves and branches all blended together above him as he slowly realized he was lying on the ground looking up at the sky and tree tops.

But in one moment, everything flood back and Kel barely had time to swing his loosely gripped trident around before the man’s sword flashed in the air. He watched it descend through the air above him and shoved his trident up towards it, butt of the weapon shoved into the ground. The sword blade slashed down but got snagged in between two of the trident’s prongs, lodging it in place from the force of both weapons colliding.

The attacker stared for a tick in confusion, trying to process what happened, before growling in frustration and wrestling with his blade to free it. Kel wrapped his other hand around his weapon and held on for dear life, refusing to release his trident and have his own weapon lost. The Svefra stopped pulling for a tick and the lack of resistance caused the man to stumble back a step. In that moment Kel jerked his weapon back and twisted simultaneously. The combined physics twisted the weapon free from the man’s hand leaving him weaponless.

Kel bunched his knees to his chest and quickly rolled back so the full weight of his body was on his shoulders. The instant his momentum peeked, the nimble Svefra thrust his chest and stomach into the air, arching his back and kicking out his legs, popping his body up into the air. He snapped his legs down and caught his body, rolling his spine up until he was standing in a straight line.

He cocked one eyebrow up at his opponent after his display of acrobatics and quickly swung his trident down towards the ground. The hilt of the sword hit a rock and popped free from its confines, sliding out from the trident prongs.

Kel snaked his foot under the flat of the sword and kicked it up and away from the two into the bushes. He spun the trident in his hand, the leather wrapped pole pressing against the back of his arm, prongs extended towards the ground.

The weaponless man gaped at Kel, his hands now empty. A hint of fear crept into his eyes as he slowly edged backwards. The Svefra grinned evilly at the increasingly nervous man and began taking a step towards him. And then another. And then another. The fear continued to grow until finally he broke. The man turned tail and ran.

A feeling of elation filled Kel and he burst out into giddy laughter, he was once again the predator. He hefted the trident into the air, changing his grip so that it was held horizontally to the ground. His thoughts flashed back to when he threw his trident at the tree earlier the previous day and knocked the fruit off. He remembered how he held the trident and adjusted his grip so that the weapon was balanced in his hand. He shifted his stance, one leg in front of the other, body preparing itself.

Kel took a deep breath and gauged the distance between himself and his fleeing opponent. He cocked his arm backwards; trident pointed in the air and threw as hard as he could. The pronged weapon launched through the air, blades rotating in tight circles as it passed through the glade.

Like an over sized arrow, the weapon flew through the air and dropped, gravity taking a hold of it. It nearly missed its target as it landed. But one prong managed to knick the man’s heel, drawing blood. He cried out in pain as the razor sharp steel sliced through flesh and bone. He managed to jerk his foot free of the jagged point, half running half limping away.

Like a wild beast, Kel snarled with savage delight and took off in pursuit of his fleeting victim.

The Svefra wasn’t done with his prey yet.

Legend

Fratava

Common
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 23rd, 2014, 6:17 am

Exhaustion had set in and Kel could feel his body demanding rest. But adrenaline and anger fueled him, pushing him to overcome his wants and focus on his needs.

Needs such as revenge.

Laviku blue eyes were alight with an animalistic fury, face twisted into something that wasn’t quite human. He sprinted through the woods, ignoring the trident as he passed it, arms pumping at his sides, legs digging into the ground, propelling him forward, charging after his fleeting prey. He could almost smell the fear from the man running for his life. Blood splattered the leaves along the floor, marring the green foliage all around with its red, sticky liquid. Kel couldn’t see his opponent but he could hear him just ahead through the thick forest.

Although the man was wounded, the Svefra couldn’t seem to catch up to him. Kel swatted at the leaves and branches that tried to hold him down, the bushes clawing at his face and chest as he sprinted past. Suddenly he broke out from the forest into another clearing. This one was smaller and narrower than the previous one they had been in. It seemed to split into two different paths. One led up in a slight incline lined with tall trees, the other one continuing on flat ground with less foliage than before.

Kel just barely glimpsed his foe shoving through the bushes across the clearing before disappearing into the forest again. In a split second, the Svefra made up his mind. He charged across the glade, veering off to the side and taking the higher path. Instantly he began to breathe harder, lungs straining, sweat coating his brow as he was forced to exert himself even harder to continue running as fast as he could uphill. Kel kept to the edge of the path, keeping a keen eye out for his opponent down below. A few ticks past and suddenly he saw him fifteen feet beneath him but only a short ways ahead, pale and terrified and running as fast as he could with his injury.

Kel sprinted as fast as he could, ready to pass out but refusing to listen to his body. He finally managed to pass the man down below and was now in front of him. A crazy plan formulated in the Svefra’s mind as he spotted a thick vine growing up out of the ground up ahead. It stretched out across the path below, attached to a tree on the other side of the lower trail where his fleeing opponent would pass under.

Without a moment’s hesitation, Kel threw himself off the narrow path into the open air, snatching at the vine as gravity took a hold of him. The vine was ripped out of the ground as the seafarer’s weight pulled it free and he plummeted through the air swinging on the vine. A shout of exhilaration tinged with fear was ripped out of his lips as he swung uncontrollably towards the ground.

“AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAA!!!!!!”

Wind slapped Kel in the face as he held onto the plant with both hands for dear life, body whipping through the air, held suspended solely by the taunt vine. The ground zoomed forward to meet him just as the fleeing man sprinted by.

Kel crashed into the man with break neck speed sending them both flying through the air. Having withstood so much pressure the vine snapped under the Svefra’s weight and he tumbled violently to the ground. The two rolled off the trail back into the shrubbery for half a dozen feet, snapping branches and plowing over rocks before coming to a stop.

Pain racked the Svefra’s body as he lay there stunned, staring up at the sky once again. Moans, not his own, reached his ears and he painfully twisted his head in the direction they came from. The thief stood propped up against a tree a few feet away from the Svefra. His eyes were as wide as saucers, mouth gaping open in shock.

Kel furrowed his brow, not understanding what he was seeing. He grunted in pain, slowly pushing himself to his feet. His body ached all over from his tumble into the forest from above, He tested each limb, and nothing seemed to be broken. Satisfied that he was all in one piece, he looked up to a gruesome sight.

The fleeing man stood impaled through the chest by a jagged branch. It must have punctured a lung because blood sprayed from his mouth as he coughed. He gripped the branch between both hands, a look of shock and confusion across his face. Kel stood still in surprise, not expecting his enemies’ sudden state.

Kel crossed the forest floor so he was only a few feet away from his opponent and stared at him. He scratched his jaw with on hand, a slow sigh escaping his lips.

“Well this tis' awkward…”

The man coughed again, blood dribbling out from his lips as he wheezed.

“Help me…”

Kel nodded slowly in understanding, the savage light slowly fading in his eyes. The chase was over and he felt the wildness start to subside. Instead, it was replaced by irritation; irritation because the kill that had rightfully been his had been stripped away from him. The Svefra purposely propped his elbow on the branch that protruded from the man’s chest, shifting it. The man groaned in agony as the splintered wood dug deeper into his internal organs.

“So lemme’ get this straight…Yeh’ want me…teh’ one yeh’ were planning to kill after stealin’ me ship…to help yeh’ out…tis’ petched up, mate.”

Kel shook his head in amusement, a dark light still smoldering in his eyes, undermining his mirth. He stood there for a moment, pretending to think over the man’s plea before giving him a twisted smile.

“Alright, mate. I’ll help yeh’ out. I’ma-“

Letting his words hang their, Kel wrapped his hand around the branch to brace himself and lifted his foot before swiftly slammed his heel into the man’s kneecap, putting all his weight behind it. The ligament and bone snapped with a sickening pop as it was forced backwards beyond what it could withstand, the man’s screams echoing throughout the coast. Tears sprung into the man’s eyes as he sobbed in agony, pain racking his body.

“…make sure yeh’ die nice ‘n slow.” As the last syllable slid off his tongue he raised his foot again and slammed it back down on the other knee cap, efficiently breaking it. The bone snapped, bone protruding from an awkward angle out of his other leg. Unable to keep himself standing, the only thing keeping the man upright was the branch jutting out of his chest.

Kel grabbed the man’s face roughly and jerked it up towards him so they were staring into each other’s eyes. The man’s eyes were bloodshot, tears and snot running down his face, his body shaking violently.

“Yehr’ gonna die now. The branch will slowly cut yeh’ in half as yeh’ put yehr’ weight on it. Had someone not broken both yehr’ knee caps, yeh’ could slow teh’ process but well….yeh’ know…”

Kel shrugged sadly and shoved his face away. He stepped back and eyed his handy work. It was only a matter of time until the man died. With no way to support his own weight, the branch would slowly tear through the muscles, blood vessels and tissue, unless it got wedged between his collar bones. Either way he would soon bleed out or his lungs would fill with blood and he would suffocate.

Kel turned and began walking back the way he came. He looked back over his shoulder one last time.

“I told yeh’ I’d make yeh’ suffer…’n suffer yeh’ will…”

Legend

Fratava

Common
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 24th, 2014, 8:53 am

It took him longer than he would have liked to find his way out of the forest and back to the initial clearing he started in. The Svefra stood just outside of it, looking in. It was just him and the forest. Syna had crested the horizon, her dainty fingers stretching out across the morning sky, light filtering through the tree tops. Birds began to awake, their songs filling his ears.

Having completed the task at hand, he allowed himself a moment to relax. The Svefra slowly walked across the clearing towards the deceased men's possessions that were scattered about by their sleeping rolls, seeing if there was anything he wanted. He rummaged among a few of their bags and pulled out a few hefty pouches. Peeking inside, a grin stretched across his face. Mizas gleamed back at him. Satisfied with its weight, to see how many coins filled the pouches he found, he tucked them in his sash.

But then he remembered something.

Kel quickly moved across the clearing and disappeared within the forest. A few chimes later, the Svefra struggled, hauling a still unconscious man out from the foliage. His hands and feet still remained hogtied, his body dragging heedlessly in the dirt. Finally reaching the edge of the clearing, Kel released the arms and legs that were tied together, letting them thump to the ground. He cracked his back, feeling his entire body ready to give out.

But he wasn’t done yet.

Before the man awoke, Kel quickly untied his hands and coiled the remaining feet of rope in one hand and looked up at the tree he stood beside. He turned so he was facing the large organic form and found a handhold a little ways above his head. Planting a foot in a crevice, Kel jumped, pulling his other foot off the ground and digging it into the bark holding himself a few feet off the ground.

The Svefra glanced around above him and spotted a tree branch about ten feet off the ground. He slowly made his way up the tree, still holding the coil of rope, letting out one coil at a time as he climbed. It took him almost ten minutes to climb his way to the top but finally he made it.

Having made it to a fork in the tree, Kel braced himself as he began edging his way away from the main trunk and out on a branch. Hugging the limb between his legs and arms, the sea dweller slowly edged his way along until he was above five feet from the tree trunk.

Kel looped the rope over the branch and looked down at the man. Seeing that he was still unconscious, Kel quickly grabbed the end of the rope after tossing the excess over the branch and tied a slip knot. He pushed himself so that he was in a sitting position and then threw one leg over the limb so that both legs were next to one another. He wrapped the rope around both of his hands, gripping it between his fingers.

“Ho boy….hope this works…”

And without stopping to rethink his plan, Kel jumped.

He dropped from the branch; ground rushing up to meet him. Suddenly the slack in the rope was used up and Kel’s weight jerked the still tied feet into the air, body not far behind, rope burning his hands painfully. Mentally timing it, the Svefra suddenly lashed out his legs and wrapped them around the unconscious man as it propelled upwards, stopping the two of them.

They hung there suspended; Kel could feel his shoulders and arms burning with the strain to hold himself up. Before he was forced to let go and fall the extra five feet to the ground, Kel slowly rotated himself around the body, wrapping his end of the rope around his opponent’s. The slip knot portion was held in Kel’s fist and he quickly looped it around the man’s ankle.

Unwinding the rope from around his hands, Kel let go.

The Svefra quickly dropped to the ground and he bent his knees, throwing himself forward as he landed to absorb the fall. He tucked his head in his chest and curving his back, rolling across the grass and popping back up on his feet. His continued momentum sent him staggering forward a few steps but managed to catch himself before face planting on the ground.

Kel turned back around and checked out his handiwork. The man dangled upside down by his feet, hands almost touching the ground. As the blood rushed to his head, he slowly began to wake up from the pressure building in his head.

“W-whaa…?”

His words were slurred and disoriented as he slowly came back from his stupor, both from being choked unconscious and the heavy amount of alcohol he had consumed. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly before blinking rapidly, trying to clear his pounding head to no avail. It took him a few moments but understanding slowly dawned on him that he was dangling upside down.

Upon realizing what was happening, he began flailing about, desperately trying to escape. He flexed his stomach, grunting, as he strained to reach the rope twisting painfully around his legs and foot but was forced to go limp again as he failed to reach the rope.

He began looking around, his world upside, slowly rotating. Kel’s grinning face finally came into view and the man began struggling even more.

“You petching son of a-“

Kel shook his head sadly as the man’s face flushed even redder with rage and stepped closer. He pranced around the man’s clawing hands and chuckled cutting him off.

“Now now, don’t yeh’ be angry, be a good sport…”

Kel balled both fists and slammed one after the other into the man’s ribs before dancing backwards, hands held loosely in front of him. The Svefra smirked as the man grunted under the blows and spun in a little circle.

“Yeh’ve been out fer’ quite some time, mate. Let's have some fun, eh?”

Legend

Fratava

Common
Last edited by Kel Tempest on May 24th, 2014, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kel Tempest on May 24th, 2014, 10:06 am

Kel pranced closer again, all of it seeming to be a game to him. Grabbing his fist with his other hand and spinning in a circle to gain momentum, Kel slammed his elbow straight into the upside down man’s stomach. Kel chuckled to himself, leaving the man hanging where he was. The last remaining crew member wheezed and gasped for air, pain racking his body.

Meanwhile the Svefra sauntered over to where he last remembered throwing his kukri, scouting the tall grass for the tale tells signs of glinting metal. Finally, after a few chimes of searching, Kel found it.

“Cut me down right now or you’re going to be in a world of hurt…”

Laughter burst out of Kel’s mouth as he heard the outrageous threats coming from the helpless man’s lips while he stepped back towards the man. He stopped moving when he was about ten feet away from him, running a finger on the edge of the large blade. The Svefra grinned at the man who was trying to crane his neck to see what the Svefra was doing as he helplessly spun in circles.

Kel gripped the hilt and hefted it in one hand, getting a feel for the heavy metal blade. He lifted it over his head, cocking his arm back so the curved blade was parallel with his back. He lifted his opposite hand and pointed it at the man, slowly mimicked throwing the kukri with the other hand, bringing the weapon over his head and straightening his arm out, point of the knife pointing at the hanging man.

“Wha-what are you…are you going to…no please…don’t…please…”

Fear stretched across the man’s face as he realized what was about to happen, his begging and whining starting to grate in the Svefra’s ears. Taking a few more practice swings, Kel planted his feet, one foot in front of the other, extended his free hand out in front of him and cocked his arm back, hilt firmly held in his other hand. A dark grin stretched across his face resembling a snarl more than a smile. Kel threw the blade as hard as he could, releasing the hilt as soon as his arm fully extended.

The blade spun end over end through the air. The man screamed in horror as he watched it fly towards him. It missed him by inches, slamming into the trunk of the tree behind him with a dull thud.

“Y-y-you almost KILLED me!!”

Kel recoiled in mock hurt, laying a hand against his chest, gasping in surprise.

“No! I would never!” The Svefra approached him, passing him by and placing one hand against the trunk of the tree, the other wrapping around the hilt, slowly wiggling it back and forth until it was free. He turned and walked past him again, flicking the wider portion of the blade out as he passed, nicking the man’s side cruelly. Kel spun as he passed and crouched down so they were eye to eye. Kel’s cheerful demeanor disappeared and he stared hard at the man, a fire burning dangerously in his eyes.

“Yehr’ right. I missed. Lemme’ try again.” Kel ignored the pleas of mercy that came from that man’s mouth and he patted him roughly on the face, his happy demeanor sliding back over his face as he distanced himself from the last surviving crew member. Satisfied with the distance, the Svefra stopped and twirled to face the tied figure. He spun the hilt between his fingers, watching the sun reflect off the metal’s surface. After a few moments he seemed to snap out of his reveries as the man’s continued pleas dragged him back.

“Aye, don’t yeh’ worry mate, I’ll make sure teh’ gettcha’ this time.”

Taking the same stance as he had before, Kel leveled the kukri at the dangling man, looking down his arm, aiming carefully. He pulled his arm back and exhaled. In an explosion of motion, Kel threw the blade forward, flicking his wrist as his arm extended and released, knife spinning almost lazily through the air.

Kel didn’t even have time to blink before the blade slammed into the man’s stomach, jerking him backwards and sending him spinning crazily on the rope. A scream of agony exploded into the clearing causing the Svefra to wince as the noise reached his ears. The man’s hands instantly reached up to his stomach, fingers clawing at the blade that was wedged to the hilt in his abdomen, wide blade ripped through his back. His fingers quickly grew slick with blood, his eyes filled with pain, cries turning to gasps as his lungs depleted of oxygen.

The Svefra whooped with excitement as he jumped up, throwing his fist into the air victoriously. He ran over to the man, a crazed look of excitement in his face.

“Ha, HA! Did yeh’ see that?! T’was dead on, mate! Gott’cha right inna’ center! It tis’ amazing that shot was!”

Kel laughed again, dancing happily, finishing his celebration by spinning in a circle and extending one hand out and down towards the ground and the other up into the air a tada! clearly stamped on his expectant face. He looked at the dying man, not seeing the same look of victory on the opposing man’s face and the Svefra’s expression quickly turned into a scowled.

“Aww, c’mon mate, tis’ just a flesh wound…Be a good friend and celebrate wit’ me!”

The man didn’t answer but tried pulling the large, curved blade free, groaning in agony as the weapon shifted against his organs and flesh. Blood slowly ran down the length of his torso and dripped onto the ground. Kel crouched down beside the man and rested his elbows on his knees, tapping his face with one finger absentmindedly.

“Hmm, yeshhhhh. Gut wounds seem teh’ be teh’ worst. Tis’ a slow death in my experience.” Kel looked away briefly and shrugged as if saying, ‘what can you do?’. Suddenly he perked up.

“Oh! Silly me, almost forgot. If yeh’ look around all close like, yeh’ll notice yeh seem teh’ be missin’ all yehr’ buddies.”

Kel flicked his nose playfully.

“Now don’tcha worry about them. They all died while yeh’ were takin’ a nap. Well, ‘cept for the one I killed yesterday on teh’ beach when I caught’cha all tryin’ to steal me casinor. I think he probably got off teh’ easiest wouldn’tcha say?”

Kel chuckled quietly to himself.

“So, brings me to teh’ close of our meetin’. What lesson did’ja learn here, eh?”

Kel tilted his head to the side as he cocked an eyebrow, a ghost of an arrogant smile hovering over his features as he waited for the man’s response. The last remaining thief seemed to be about to speak but instead used the last of his energy to spit at the Svefra. Saliva and snot shot up and hit Kel in the arm, slowly dribbling down to his knee. Kel looked down at it slowly, watching it drip and sighed.

Without saying a word, Kel stood and made his way to the edge of the clearing. He spotted what he was looking for and snatched up his trident. Twirling it in both hands, end over end; he strode back towards the tied man. He let the shaft of the weapon slide through his fingers until he held the end with both hands as if he were holding a club. The Svefra lowered the trident head so it was near his feet and straightened his arms as if playing a game of sport. Kel shook his head sadly.

“Wrong answer, mate.”

And with that, Kel brought the trident back over his shoulder and swung as hard as he could at the man’s head, forever silencing those who would dare try and steal from a Svefra.

Legend

Fratava

Common
Last edited by Kel Tempest on May 27th, 2014, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kel Tempest

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vice on May 27th, 2014, 5:28 pm

Kel Tempest :
Skills
  • +2 Stealth
  • +1 Observation
  • +3 Weapon: Trident
  • +3 Acrobatics
  • +3 Intimidation
  • +2 Unarmed Combat
  • +3 Weapon: Kukri
  • +2 Planning
  • +2 Endurance
  • +1 Brawling
  • +1 Weapon: Rock
  • +1 Running

Lores
  • Vengeance, A Shield Against Pain
  • It's the Thought That Counts.
  • Stealth: Watch out for the Twigs!
  • A Killing Stroke, Mercy Be Damned
  • Taking Pleasure in Revenge
  • Planning: The Cruel and Extensive Payback
  • Revenge, an Utter Necessity
  • Vengeance is Sweet...
  • Maximizing Pain, Forcing a Slow, Painful Death
  • Pleas of Mercy, Ignored in Favour of Torment

Comments: Kel's just a scary dude...

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send me a PM, and we'll discuss my reasoning behind why the grade given was received. Please make sure to edit any posts in the grading queue to 'graded' and update your CS as soon as possible. Enjoy! ^.^
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes