Closed Two teacher meeting [Bonezy]

The two teachers at the Iron Fist School meet for the first time. They have to discuss what should happen with Xi temporarily gone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Two teacher meeting [Bonezy]

Postby Revy Hiroe on September 14th, 2013, 10:14 am

Hmm, padded armor could prove to be useful enough. It wouldn't be exactly what she wanted, but if needed..... she could visit those bloody monks of the northern district to ask if they had some metal armor... or have it forged. "I guess padded armor could work for now. In the end I want to have at least one post with steel armor. We've gotta teach the students where to hit armored opponents as well. If they are fighting barehanded, they have to know where to hit. I don't want them to break their hands.", she explained. "About the weapons, they have to reflect the actual weight of the weapon and balance of it. In my opinion it's the best way to teach, but that's me. I never trained with training weapons when I was learning."

The woman thought about how they should go about to getting a new teacher. First of all, it had to be someone familiar with his or her weapon. They couldn't have a novice, nor someone who just got the hang of it, teach. They'd have to be at least an expert with their weapon of choice. "About the extra teacher... I don't care what Xi says, if they prove to be an asset to the school, they can come. I'll take responsibility if needed. He wants this school to thrive, so we have to be able to teach lots of different fighting styles. That includes ranged combat, dagger combat and the like. I'm training myself to be able to wield my greatsword and glaive a lot better. If I can teach students those later on, it'll only be better for the school."

She thought about it and then decided to ask: "Are you trying to learn a few different weapons? As a fighter, it's always handy to be flexible in your weapon choice. I don't know your preferences, but... being stuck to only two or three types of fighting wouldn't be good you know."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on December 19th, 2013, 10:04 pm

Bones nodded in response to what the woman said, not disagreeing in her logic. Most was pretty straightforward, and the same reasoning behind what he had said, if from a slightly different tact.

"Did any of usss here who teach learn wiss training weaponsss? I ssink we all learned by blood and sssteel and in life or deass battlesss. I sssuppossse sssuch handsss on learning doesss tend to make one a better fighter, but at sse cossst of being more dangerousss ssan what we do here... Many a weaker fighter did not make it sshrough ssossse sssame trialsss ssat forged usss into sse fightersss we are now. Realissstic training isss one ssing, but I doubt all are asss ssstrong asss we."

Bones nodded again as the woman went on, telling of her idea for the school, and how they should go about expanding.

"If ssey have sse needed ssskill to teach, ssey ssshould be allowed to, regardlessss of all elssse. I can train mossst combat wissout a weapon, ssough I am at different ssskillsss wiss different ssstylesss of fighting. I alssso am good wiss sse gladiusss, ssso I sssuppossse I could teach ssshort bladesss of sseir variety, in a pinch. For longer onesss I sssuppossse ssat fallsss to you."

"I would like to learn better how to ussse a dagger, I plan to eggs-spand a bit into doing ssso when I have time. And if I learn ssat, perhapsss I will try my hand at anosser weapon."

Bones paused for a moment, and then rubbed his hands, recalling one thing, from the last time he had sparred with Ximal.

"Alssso, I would like sssome fighting glovesss, for training myssself and ossers in bocks-ing. At least two pairsss. What are ssey called? Glovesss of sse bocks-ing? Xxee ssshowed me of it a bit, and I would like to learn more. And once I learn, I can teach ossersss."

speech :
"Did any of us here who teach learn with training weapons? I think we all learned by blood and steel and in life or death battles. I suppose such hands on learning does tend to make one a better fighter, but at the cost of being more dangerous than what we do here... Many a weaker fighter did not make it through those same trials that forged us into the fighters we are now. Realistic training is one thing, but I doubt all are as strong as we."

"If they have the needed skill to teach, they should be allowed to, regardless of all else. I can train most combat without a weapon, though I am at different skills with different styles of fighting. I also am good with the gladius, so I suppose I could teach short blades of their variety, in a pinch. For longer ones I suppose that falls to you."

"I would like to learn better how to use a dagger, I plan to expand a bit into doing so when I have time. And if I learn that, perhaps I will try my hand at another weapon."

"Also, I would like some fighting gloves, for training myself and others in boxing. At least two pairs. What are they called? Gloves of the boxing? Ximal showed me of it a bit, and I would like to learn more. And once I learn, I can teach others."
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Balderdash on June 10th, 2014, 12:17 am

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Revy :
Skill XP Awarded
Armored Movement 1
Weapon: Glaive 1
Socialization 5

Lores: Sword Nut? No!, Armor Is Annoying, Broody Bones Teaches Too, Seriously, **** Men; Ximal Hires The Worst People Ever, Bones Just Might Be A Dhani, Ximal Didn't Mention Expansion, Better Equipment And Crossbows Are The Way To Success, Bones Wants More Flexibility,

Items and Consequences: Nil.

Bones :
Skill XP Awarded
Subterfuge 1
Socialization 5

Lores: Being Dhani Means Being Down Low...Ni?.., B**** Better Show Some Respect, Ximal Wants A Bigger Building, Ximal Got Himself Missing, Going Into The Aperture Is Stupid, Padding Is Smart, Daggers And Shortblades And Boxing Gloves!

Items and Consequences: Nil

Lotsa back n' forth, lotsa planning, lotsa lores...

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Previous