Closed Making Friends.

How does a squirrel make friends anyway?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Making Friends.

Postby Archailist on April 8th, 2014, 7:42 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

The squirrel-turned-rat struggled in place, but he couldn't drag the clay back into his body fast enough. The monk was getting ready to strike - as easily as one might step on a spider. Funny; if they missed his head, he'd be fine. But then again, if they hit him and found no blood.. well, he might be in even more trouble for that. Surely, though - if he showed that he could talk, they'd see that he wasn't some common rodent? Or, in fact, a rodent at all.

His plan was perfect - utterly fool-proof. Except for the fool that just happened to interrupt him, before he'd managed a word, to claim.. not only that he wasn't a squirrel. But she had the sheer nerve, the arrogance to dare claim that he was an invention! An object! A possession that she had made?! It was outrageous. And in his fits of barely-contained anger, the clay that made up the Pycons mass rapidly reformed itself to its 'baser' origin, of a squirrel. He didn't have the concentration to keep it in the state. Now, he was just a very, very petched-off squirrel. At least the monks didn't seem to have noticed - the small crowd was now almost totally fixated on this new interruption.

"What're you petching talkin' 'bout, you daft girl, look at it! That's a petchin' squirrel if I ever see one!" He wasn't any more, but the monk still gestured widely to the small form on the floor - her face pulled into one of those stereotypical Nykan scowls. "If you wanna' make affront to all's natural 'n' true, be my guest - don't let'em on the streets no longer!" It was around this point in the conversation, though, when everything went silent. Or at least, all of the monks did. Because now the squirrel was talking. And it wasn't some high, squeaky voice like the voice parents put on for their children when reading some fairytale. It was borderline baritone, and quite loud - mainly because he was shouting quite loud.

"Get your petching hands off me!" He snapped at the projected hand, even if he couldn't actually do much damage to it, before spinning around to the crowd. "And I ain't no rat, and I ain't no rodent! I'm a Pycon! 'Been traveling through Nyka, but I shaln't again if I get beaten to a pulp, just because I went out for an evening stroll!" The crowd had to make a bit of an opening when, all of a sudden, he launched himself straight for the monk that still had the rather large, heavy stick poised over his head, and sunk straight between his ankles. He didn't have time for this - all he'd wanted was a little bit of entertainment - now he'd probably managed to annoy half of Nyka and draw some very unwanted attention to himself. A very quick, nimble run through the crowds as they struggled to make room for the small clay blur whizzing at full speed between them, and he was down the street and around the corner. Sometimes, making use of all four paws made good of a speedy escape route. And, hopefully, he could put all of this horrible ordeal behind him.

That voider, though. Oh yes, he remembered that face. If he saw her again, he was going to do something fierce. How dare she? How dare she claim him as if he was something to claim?!
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Making Friends.

Postby Sekai on April 10th, 2014, 3:44 am

Sekai flinched, as the monk spoke. She broke her rule of not attracting attention to herself, so of course she was going to get into trouble. And what for? A clay squirrel that might only be a hope of animation? She knew she was going to get backlashes for protecting the animated clay. What she wasn't expecting was backlash from the animation itself! And it spoke about how it was a Pycon too! She always though that Pycons were just a type of animation, but from the was this...Pycon spoke, it might actually be a race on its own!

Just lovely. Perhaps she should also get a job that requires her to climb into an active volcano or the like, considering she attempted to assist some...thing, and got dissatisfaction as a response. She also drew her projected hand back, slowly attaching it back to herself, even as the now very, very angry squirrel ran off. By the time she finished, the squirrel was gone, and no leads hinting at where it could have ran off too.

Sighing, Sekai gave a small bow to the monk, apologizing profusely, before running off towards the nearest alleyway, where she promptly leaned back against the side. She looked over her shoulder, to make sure none of the residents of Nyka decided to follow her, before continuing to move, this time heading back towards the Safehaven Hostel.

Within her mind, she made her decision. She had to leave this city, while she could. Her luck seemed so horrendous, and within a city like this, that could be fatal. Perhaps she should travel to a safer city, maybe Syliras, with those knights patrolling the area. And on that mental note, she entered the Celestial Quarter.

Looking around, she sighed once more. She should really apologize to that animated cla-er, Pycon squirrel. But perhaps she should do that some other time. With that, she walked into the Hostel, to obtain a good nights sleep.

OOCProbably my last post for the thread. You can post and send it in for grading, or just PM me and I'll send it in. Thanks for threading, and hope to do so again~!
Sekai
Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Words: 48382
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Making Friends.

Postby Archailist on April 11th, 2014, 7:39 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

After racing down the streets, turning around a corner and hiding away in the shadows, he made a quick check to make sure that nobody was following him - be it a weirdo voider trying to claim him, or an angry mob of Nykans with their large sticks and big feet. Thankfully, neither - only a handful of monks wandered around the streets, and even they didn't seem very interested in.. well, anything. It was always difficult to read past that odd scowl that they all held - was it something to do with the Nykans only, something genetic?

Well, at least he knew now that if he did want to change.. well, he could sort-of manage it. It'd need more training.. more concentration to keep the same form held for significant amounts of time. Time to overcome the awkward feel of the bodies.. they felt like he'd lost what was essentially 'him', if only for a short time. But he could live with that. He could be a rat.. a squirrel.. a mouse.. who knew what? Of course, he had to keep them small.. no good would come out of trying to change into a tiger if everyone knew that tigers weren't normally 5" tall. But, from a distance, in the shadows.. well, who knew?

For now, though. It was time to head back to the Hostel. Before someone else mistook him for a common rodent and decided to make squirrel pancakes. No matter, though. A quick climb up the nearest stall - assuming the shape of the bark to help a rapid climb to the top of the wooden counter - and a leap across to the stone roof adjacent, and he was off in a full sprint. Who knew, he might even be able to make it around the city today without being caught out by one of the monks on patrol duty. If he kept close to the shadows and hung low when the times were right. And perhaps, one day, he'd be able to move like a passing shadow through these very stone streets..
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Making Friends.

Postby Balderdash on June 18th, 2014, 2:42 am

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

You! :
Skill XP Awarded
Acrobatics 2
Observation 1
Disguise 1

Lores: Can Knights Compare To The Discipline Religion Brings?, Having Fun At Others' Expense, Voiders Aren't Common Like Bakers, Clever Disguise: Rat, Near Death Experience: Old Sandal, B****es Better Show Respect to the 'Con, Gonna Be A Sly Customer Some Day!

Items and Consequences: Nil

Quick, dirty, excessively monk-heavy... What's not to like? :P

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous