The Dromus Compendium.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

The Dromus Compendium.

Postby Venser Rush on June 21st, 2014, 4:55 am

Dromus.

A strange word. It was mentioned in passing in a dream that I had last night. And I decided that rather than ignoring it, the nonsensical word that it was, that I would use it.

Strange and undefined, the word clung to my thoughts in the dream and beyond. It has no meaning. Undefined in both Common and Nader-canoch. If it is a word in any other language, I can't be entirely sure, for I've never had the opportunity to learn, though I would like to.

In any case, this is the beginning of the notes that will encompass the magical knowledge of Venser Rush.

The Dromus Compendium. It will chronicle the journey through the various magical disciplines. And it will begin today. With Thadeus Lazarin. The art of Auristics.

3rd of Spring, 514

Auras are the representation of a subject's djed.

An Aurist can identify auras and, as their skill in the magic increases, garner more information about it.

Drawing understanding from an Aura requires focus on the part of the Aurist, more information drawn from it as focus increases.

The Aurist can perceive information as a result of contingency upon the five senses, as well as deciphering information at an instinctive level.

Auras can decipher the nature of magic pressed into the physical body. Spells cast... Can Artifacts be identified as well? The information is unclear, but future analysis from both first and third person perspective will be had, and notes will be added as an addendum to this analysis.

Important Note: An Aurist can read into the emotions and possibly even the intention of a sentient aura... How can this application be used to further Zapatl? Can corpses be investigated using Auristics to learn stories without actually having learned? How rapidly and potently does this knowledge expand?

Overgiving from Auristics is mental rather than physical.

To look into the Aura of a God is to gamble with one's life.

Upon further consideration...

My first class with Thadeus Lazarin was extremely enlightening.

Auristics does far more than I had originally believed. It most certainly can be used to identify magical items. To artifacts that are already intimately connected with me, such as the jawbone and die artifacts I have created, it can very easily allow a wizard to identify the effects of said items. Powerful magic, though the cost is immediate tiredness and a difficulty concentrating afterwards.

Upon secondary inspection, it can also be used in order to draw impressions from those around the user. By invoking the use of auristics to listen to the heartbeat, in addition to drawing faint understanding of one's emotions, a person can logically configure what the subject is feeling. One can easily see the use of such knowledge in any given scenario, but primarily, it seems that, once the process becomes faster and more fluid... it can be applied to combat.

Of course, interrogation is easily and by far the most effective way to utilize this. I hope to have the chance. I will discuss the possibility with Thadeus Lazarin at some juncture.

Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Words: 350153
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)