Closed Falling apart at the seams, it seems... (Tinnok)

Evalin finds the results of her confrontation with Tsenrika to carry a heavier toll than she expected.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

Falling apart at the seams, it seems... (Tinnok)

Postby Evalin on June 9th, 2014, 5:39 pm

"Ah the fools errand..." Evalin nodded, "Certainly you will die, it is inevitable. How you choose to die, however, that is still within your grasp." She let Tsenrika lift her from the ground, half carrying her to the new body and positioning her on her knees so that she lay over the body, nearly nose to nose.

"Caiyha... Curious then that you would serve one of the few deities I do not despise. She remains in her own domain and does not mettle in the lives of the people of this world. She knows her place." Her body convulsed, and from her lips spewed a white liquid that pored into the open mouth of the corpse.

Tsenrika stood as the transference began, still wearing Evalin's face in the replicate form. He looked at Gresshal, "Protect her body until the ritual is complete." and then he turned his eyes on Tinnok. He came over and crouched in front of her, looking into her eyes with the same red iris' as Evalin's, "You are free to leave, but speak not of anything you have seen here. My Master finds amusement in you, which is rare. I do not wish to kill you." He looked back toward Evalin. The white ichor had stopped flowing, and now the old rotting body had fallen to the side, yet she still did not move.

"Certain am I that we shall meet once more. Keep these secrets from all, even the foolish little Mistress Aka, and all shall be made clear." He looked back at Tinnok, "Can you do this?"

Words263
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tinnok on June 12th, 2014, 1:48 am

Tinnok's eyes narrowed. A Witch new the inevitable cycle of death more than most, was more eager to embrace it. Strange that the immortal creature that had spurned death in favor of this horrifying display would see fit to tell her she would die. Tinnok made no noise of response, however, only watched, that same uneasiness shifting under her skin, telling her this all horribly wrong, gnosis mark aching like a fresh bruise. Should I have killed her? Was this a test from Caiyha and I have failed? But I cannot serve Caiyha if I am dead, and this creature…she would kill me as I am now...

She was surprised to get the creature that mimicked Evalin’s attention. He had referred to her throughout this journey as if she was not there, only speaking to Katherine. Perhaps ‘he’ was too strong a word, though by his previous form, not this one that mimicked Katherine’s perhaps ‘it’ preferred a male figure. Or maybe the Witch did…Tinnok paused a moment, looking up at Tsenrika. She supposed this warning and allowance to leave unscathed was almost a compliment. ‘Amusing’ she was…amusing. It almost made her want to smirk, but what was occurring in the cave was too horrific for such an expression.

Tinnok looked the thing with Katherine’s body in the eyes. “If it alright, I stay watch. I no tell, promise.” She closed a fist and put it over her heart, her grasp of common making her feel like a toddler telling a parent that she could keep a secret. She had to watch now, she couldn’t turn away. Her eyes darted past Tsenrika to stare at the white creamy ichor slowly pooling into the young Myrian’s body. Was that the true form of this undead being? She had not blood, or body, simply a viscous liquid. Was that what contained her mind, her body…her…did she have a soul? Questions flooded Tinnok’s mind, one’s she couldn’t even articulate to the being if she had the chance to ask them.

Like what had made her do this? Instead she decided to go for a question that could be answered, though she wasn’t sure if it would be. “What are you?” She said glancing up at the familiar. She had seen its form change 3 times, four if you counted the strange union of the floating blue orb with Katherine’s body. Would it answer her cryptically as well? Or not at all?

Word Count408

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on June 12th, 2014, 8:56 pm

The question actually surprised Tsenrika, and the Familiar simply looked at Tinnok for a tick or two, considering how he should answer, or if he should at all. At length, however, he did respond in his usual cold and expressionless way, "What I am... Were it some years before the answer would have been simple." He paused, standing slowly to look back at Evalin's unmoving body. Gresshal was already rolling the old vessel off from on top of Evalin's new form, tossing the rotting corpse to the side with an absent motion and let it crumple into a pile against the wall.

"I am a being called from another world to serve my Master, to ease her loneliness in an existence she did not choose, to perform a task she will never be thanked for. I am her eyes when she cannot see. I am her hands when she cannot act. I am her voice when she cannot speak. I am her servant, I am her confident." He looked down at Tinnok, "Friend, companion, warrior or lover. I am whatever she needs me to be, and I live only to stand at her side. We are as one. She is the heart of my heart, the soul of my soul. Together we fight, and together we die. Never shall I allow her to be alone in this world again."

Words229
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on June 12th, 2014, 10:57 pm

The half breed noticed the creature’s surprise. She took and stored away a small glimmer of pride at getting that much out of the thing, which she knew was nowhere near human. There was that pause, that pause in speaking that suggested it was considering not answering her, but then, miraculously, the words began to flow and Tinnok’s eyebrows rose as she translated the common as best she could.

The answer was not as straightforward as she would have liked, yet contained more information than she could have hoped: A being from another world. The half breed had to let that sink into her mind for a moment and gestate into a full-fledged understanding. She wondered if the place it came from was cold in mind and body as this creature seemed to be. She supposed if the world was like that it only made sense that he…it would be too. And the substance Katherine and it had made together was certainly cold, though Tinnok suspected all the strange substance had melted already in Falyndar’s heat.

She focused hard on the next words. They were like a riddle, a story the creature and Katherine knew by heart, but which Tinnok had to figure out without any knowledge whatsoever. At first the word slave came to mind, but even with the emotionless tone the being held there was almost a reverence to the articulation of its words. It had called Katherine ‘Master’, perhaps that is how it was, yet if it was a companion, she relied on it in some way too, it was not a single path leading one way. The first comparison her mind could summon was a Kelvic bond. She of course, had never experienced one, but there were many Kelvic in Taloba. She had heard that these things bound two souls together inexorably, perhaps whatever the thing spoke of between he and Katherine was a bit more one sided, but some tenor of similarity rung there.

The half breed only nodded when Tsenrika finished, eyes surveying the thing with Katherine’s form in a different light. “Do you have name?” She said slowly. Everything had a name, it had to be called something, and her mind was tired of that something being ‘it.’

Yellow eyes flashed to see the Dhani dumping the useless rotting corpse that had once been Katherine’s home to the side, her feet slowly moving forward to stare at the motionless body. The body she had helped them obtain. The young Myrian had high features, a well sculpted face and shining hair, skin immaculate. If she was this young and patrolling around the blockade it had meant she had been a skilled fighter too, probably on her way to high places within the Taloban military. Tinnok made herself stare at that body. She had helped take such things away from her. Her family would mourn the loss of one so young, sing of her deeds and send her spirit to Dira, even though it was probably already in her grasp.

And Katherine would live on. Tanned eyelids shut for a moment. She didn’t want to wallow in it, simply drive the point home, to herself. It was only a moment, then eyelashes fluttered and eyes were back on the body. It was already done, her chance to follow the Dhani’s pleas lost. This was the dark strange way of the world, and she had taken part in it. But never again.

Word Count576

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on June 13th, 2014, 4:16 pm

"My name... Is Tsenrika." The Familiar said coming closer, looking down at Evalin's body, "Though, as my Master might say, names are meaningless for they can be whatever we wish them to be."

"Once more you speak necessarily in my absence my dear Tsenrika." The eyes of the corpse open suddenly, and where once the eyes had been green now they were red, as red as freshly spilled blood. Evalin looked up at Tinnok with those unfeeling and empty points, "A name is a deception. It is a mask one uses to hide one's true self." Evalin smiled as she slowly sat up, tilting her head back as she closed her eyes, "Ahhh new muscles. New limbs, new eyes, new..." one hand absently stroked the underside of one breast, and the nuit chuckled, "New appendages that require alterations."

"Be wary now while you still adjust to this body." Tsenrika said. Now, in place of the replica there was the floating blue orb, the Familiar's natural state. Tsenrika floated down and around Evalin's head, "Care I not to have you break a limb and have need to acquire a new vessel so soon."

"Worry you far too much my dear Tsenrika. How many times have I done this? Far too many to be concerned that I might make such foolish mistakes." She laughed and stood to her new feet, brushing off the dirt and rocks that clung to her skin. Setting her hands then on her lips Evalin inspected her body, moving her limbs one at a time, testing their action, shifting her weight to the balls of her feet and she laughed, "A wonderful vessel is this indeed. The Myrians, surely they are some of the finest stock I have ever acquired. Perhaps I should take a few with me when I leave this place for the future." Finally she looked at Tinnok, "Still you linger here. Wonder I why that is... Have you questions that flurry through your mind even now? Is it curiosity that binds you? Or do you fear me." She smiled again, showing her teeth. Evalin always felt more energetic after she changed to a new body. It was like being born again, gaining a new life at the cost of someone else's, "Tell me child, do you know my name? Or do you still think I am that which Aka has proclaimed me to be?"

Words400
Last edited by Evalin on June 16th, 2014, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on June 14th, 2014, 1:46 am

Tinnok glanced at the strange being not of this world. A strange name for a strange being. And then he proceeded to tell her about the nature of name’s which like much of what came out of Katherine and Tsenrika’s mouths always held a strange bit of truth to them. Tinnok’s own name had never changed, but her title, her clan name had evaporated where once she had carried it like a weapon in its own right. Was this akin to what they meant? She had pretended to be a member of the Tempered Steel, when she was really truly a stranger in their midst, always grasping for a sense of belonging she did not have. She supposed the undead witch would be happy to induct Tinnok into her fold if she so wished, but that was not a life…or lack of one that Tinnok would ever care to tread upon.

Then Katherine was rising, assessing her form, Tinnok’s yellow eyes staring into those disgusting blood red explosions that replaced once green eyes, a rare commodity for a Myrian to have, gone for all of time. Her Gnosis mark prickled anew, and she closed her eyes. Every part of her body wanted her away from this thing, it was unnatural and every sense told her so. Even though she had just taken this new form, the half breed felt as if she could already smell the decay of the corpse she was now inhabiting. She forced herself not to bristle at the woman’s comment about keeping a few Myrians for use as hosts. It was a twisted sort of compliment she supposed, but one that only deepened her revulsion.

“Both.” Tinnok said in way of answer to Evalin. She would be lying if there wasn’t some level of fear that had slid into her being at seeing the powerful display of Tsenrika and her together as one potent being, but her curiosity, that had all but been sated, and it was growing increasingly difficult to find those natural urges that Evalin’s Gnosis marks emanated upon those living beings around her.

“If name no matter, I no ask you for it. I not know what are, only that you...” She trailed off. Are an abomination? Stand for the opposite of everything I believe in? “…are hated.” She finished. She did not ‘hate’ this creature. She could hate her, if she threatened the jungle she watched over, if she did in fact enslave Myrians to save as hosts for her next bodies, keeping the people that raised her like cattle. All she could summon now was revulsion, confusion. She wanted to speak to Evalin more…but also she did not want to speak to the woman ever again, see her ever again, feel that prickling across her skin and in her gut that came with being around her. “You…live in hate.” She said slowly. “Snake hate you, living hate you.” She paused thoughtfully. “You right, we in common, but…” Her lips were dry, and she swallowed slowly. “I not live…or die to live in hate.” She stared. “Mayhap that make me weak…’amusing,’ but to cheat Dira is what seem weak to me.” Her eyes assessed the woman carefully. Maybe she thought true strength was opposing the cycle of life, defying the Gods themselves, for Tinnok this came in knowing you were mortal, living in tandem with this fact and pursuing the life you had to the fullest extent.

“Mayhap we meet ‘gain as Tsenrika say. I hope not. I think it not be so nice as this day.” She gave a nod to each of the three beings in turn, last to Evalin to which she gave almost a half bow. Then half limping, Tinnok left the cave, striding out into the jungle. Her eyes blinked rapidly at the change in lighting, staring up into the thick green canopy, whole body shaking.

Oh Caiyha…what had she done?

Word Count654

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on June 14th, 2014, 6:20 am

Evalin did not interrupt the little monologue the halfbreed began, though while the woman spoke Evalin continued to examine her body. touching skin here, pulling on hair there, only half listening though from time to time she would find those golden eyes with her own red iris. The nuit did not offer a response as the girl picked apart Evalin's existence. After all, she wasn't wrong. Evalin could find no real fault in her thoughts, but neither did that mean the nuit would be swayed to the contrary of her own beliefs. So, with a shrug Evalin offered a wave to Tinnok's departing back, "Rest assured child, we shall meet again. Hatred will consume everything and everyone. Then, you will know my name."

Gresshal kept his back to Tinnok as she left, his beliefs apparently confirmed. Myrians, even half myrians, could never be trusted.

"You allow her to leave so easily?" The Familiar floated around Evalin's shoulder, and the nuit reached up to gently stroke his cold surface, "Yes. Though she knows it now, she has a place in the things to come."

"She will oppose you." The Familiar pressed coldly.

Evalin smiled, "Indeed, I hope that is so. She acts as though she is so distant from the workings of this place. That she holds no care for either Dhani or Myrians. Wish I to test this. Let us see how strong her faith truly is my dear, dear Tsenrika."

"As my master says..."

OOCOK I think that does it! I will leave this till tomorrow just in case you want to add anything, and if you haven't posted by then I will post it for grading :)

Words245
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Voodoo on June 21st, 2014, 4:15 pm

Evalin
Experience :
    Observation: +5
    Socialization: +5
    Rhetoric: +3
    Investigation: +2
    Familiary: +2
    Reimancy: +2
    Planning: +1

Lore :
    Tinnok: A Debt Now Paid
    Mortals: Finite and Whimsical
    Humble: Asking for Tinnok's Help
    Myrian Ingenuity: Zinrah Blockade
    Lies: Necessary to Hide a Weakness
    Tinnok: Two Worlds, No Family
    Cowards: Heros and Villains of Tomorrow
    Released Form: Power Beyond Imagining
    Tsenrika: Evalin's Eyes, Ears, and Hands
    Myrians: Prime Nuit Vessels
    Tinnok: An Amusing Woman

Loot :
    A New Body to Use

Overgiving: Evalin will feel mentally and physically exhausted. Any physical issues such as frostbite would have been shed with the old body. Evalin should avoid magic for a few days to recover or suffer harsher consequences of overgiving.

Tinnok
Experience :
    Socialization: +5
    Planning: +2
    Rhetoric: +2
    Investigation: +2
    Longbow: +2
    Dagger: +1
    Dual Wield: +1
    Reimancy: +1

Lore :
    Evalin: Snake Slaver
    Evalin: Just an Animated Corpse
    Language: Learning 'Vessel' in Common
    Icy-Eyed Men: Secretly Floating Orbs
    Myrians: Just Another Race to Kill
    Personal Mysteries are Necessary
    Evalin and Tsenrika: An Invisible Link
    Pity: Sympathizing for a Dhani Slave
    Evalin: A Woman Built by Hate
    Tsenrika: A Being from Another World

Loot :
    Left Arm Injury - Completely healed in 1-2 weeks

Left Thigh Injury - Puncture wound that will require intense cleaning and bandaging to prevent infection. Healing will require 3-4 weeks.

Comment :
    Tinnok: With some help I decided to give you reimancy points for killing the man by forcing Res down his throat. It was mentioned to me that res would probably dissipate prior to choking as it does not last long outside of the body. Just a thought for future reference.

All Involved Characters
Comments :
Ladies: This thread was absolutely riveting to read. Evalin, your released form was so much fun to watch and imagine as you used it in this thread. I learned a lot of about magic and grading it with this thread from both of you. Tinnok, you make me love your half-breed even more with each passing thread. I felt her indifference to her parent races, and then it's like I know there something underneath there. I cannot wait to see what the two of you do. Keep up the amazing work and I look forward to grading your threads in the future.

As always, questions or comments, please PM me.

Voodoo
I'm known for ma graveside manner...

Words: 73986
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous