Closed The Meeting of A Vantha and a Sverfa

Adney and Palla meet

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

The Meeting of A Vantha and a Sverfa

Postby Palla Frostfawn on June 8th, 2014, 11:44 pm

Adney seemed to be a positive person, telling Palla that he was confident she could teach him. He seemed a bit frustrated, though, by Palla's lack of belief that was true. Palla was a bundle of contradictions. Not having faith in her abilities, yet being so trusting of others around her. Nervous, yet one to make risky decisions.

Adney laughed when Palla greeted herself, then apoligized for not giving his name. "I-It's okay. I'm sure we can learn all that in due time." Palla imagined herself teaching him Vani, and the work it would take. I think that teaching him to write won't be hard, but the verbal part of Vani will be difficult. I need to tackle my stammering problem first. Vani is so pretty, such a lyrical language that I doubt I'll be able to do it justice anymore. I shouldn't have let myself grow so out of the practice of speaking Vani. Palla wasn't as nervous anymore, and she had grown to love Riverfall more than she had imagined. Still, Palla had a bit of social anxiety and stammered mostly by force of habit.

'You'll be able to swim in no time.' Palla doubted that, but didn't say anything contradictory. She swam to Adney, doggy paddling, concentrating as hard as she could. He wouldn't let me drown, would he? She started to sink halfway there, but pushed herself up from under rhe water, spat it out, and continued swimming until she reached Adney, strggling to tread the water and stay afloat.
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Words: 117768
Joined roleplay: November 30th, 2013, 3:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Adney Tempest on June 9th, 2014, 4:52 am

"I-It's okay. I'm sure we can learn all that in due time." Adney smiled at Palla. "True very true." Adney looked out at the sun and then looked at Palla. "So Tell me a little bit about yourself Palla. Do you have any hobbies? Do you work? Do you have any pets?" Adney was interested to know about Palla. He even faced her and crossed his legs to get comfortable. Adney rubbed his chin while he was thinking. "There is something about Palla that just wants me to know more about her." Adney began to look away and enjoy the sunlight shining on his face. He looked at Palla with a smile. "Haven't you ever just stopped what you were doing and just enjoyed the sunlight or even stopped to just enjoy the sounds of nature. I don't know why but I enjoy hearing the waves come and go, or even the birds chirping. I don't know why but I was always the type of person to just enjoy life."

Palla began to swim to Adney she tried to doggy paddle towards him. Adney can see that Palla was determined to get to him. He smiled with his arms still stretched out. "There you go Palla. You got this you are almost there." When she got halfway there to Adney she began to sink. Adney started to come to help but stopped when he saw that she pushed herself back up and continue to swim towards him. Adney clapped with happiness. "There you go Palla you got this don't let that water take over you." Palla swam and finally got to Adney. Adney filled with excitement, grabbed her and brought her in for a hug. "There you go good job Palla." Adney looked at her and smiled "Alright now what do you want to do, do you want to call it quits and try again some other time or do you want to keep going?" Adney slowly began to bring him and Palla closer to shore.
- Adney Tempest
Last edited by Adney Tempest on June 11th, 2014, 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adney Tempest
Player

Words: 36821
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 8:11 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Palla Frostfawn on June 9th, 2014, 5:05 pm

Palla began to answer Adney's questions. "W-Well, my main hobby is my work. I run a store that sells carvings. I-I also like to run, which brings me to the next question. I-I have two dogs, Midnight and Purity, which I run with. I'd get offended if anyone called them my pets. They're just...animals which I take care of. I don't own them, they're like family." Palla added "I'm not the greatest runner, though."

"W-What about you, Adney?" Palla asked. "What do you like to do? D-Do you have any...animals? Palla said, choosing her words carefully. I wonder if he has the same views on animals as me...

"Y-Yeah, I agree. Nature is beautiful, and I love how everything seems to work in harmony, e-even if it's not necessarily true. The waves crashing down upon the beach, the c-clouds floating in the sky, the birds chirping. It's all so pretty." Palla said

Adney's hug took her by surprise, but Palla soon recovered and hugged him back until the embrace was broken. "T-Thank you." Palla stammered. "W-Why don't we try again another day?" Palla asked as she was brought closer to shore. When They reached the shore, Palla went back to the port and picked up her fishing kit and her bowl of worms. She sat on the dock, dangling her feet off the edge and absentmindedly humming. If Adney followed her, Palla would ask him if he wanted to see her shop.

If he said yes, Palla would lead him to her shop, the simple building that she had grown to love. She would show him around, pointing out the carvings. She had organized all of her carvings earlier, in the spring, and now everything had a place. There were the squirrels, the birds, the plate sets, and a multitude of other things. Palla would unroll her tool roll and the other items in her kit and show him her stores of wood and her clay. When she finished showing him her shop, she would ask "Would you like to meet again? We can go to a park, maybe, and you can meet my dogs."
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Adney Tempest on June 9th, 2014, 7:54 pm

"W-Well, my main hobby is my work. I run a store that sells carvings. I-I also like to run, which brings me to the next question. I-I have two dogs, Midnight and Purity, which I run with. I'd get offended if anyone called them my pets. They're just...animals which I take care of. I don't own them, they're like family." Palla added "I'm not the greatest runner, though." Adney smiled but as the conversation kept going Adney felt embarrassed. "Yeah I am really sorry if I offended you in anyway." Adney looked back out at the sun. "W-What about you, Adney?" Palla asked. "What do you like to do? D-Do you have any...animals?" Adney looked back at Palla and Smiled "Haha well I like to swim, I love to cook I can make some real mean jerky. I even enjoy sailing but I am not the best at it though. And the answer to your next question is no I don't have any animals at least not yet. Us Svefra we have these animals known as Tavan which are our companions. These Tavans are marine animals such as whales, otters, penguins or sharks." Adney went back to fiddling his thumbs. "But I agree with you I wouldn't say pet either I would say companion or friend rather then pet." Adney smiled and looked at his feet that were dangling on the edge of the dock. "Y-Yeah, I agree. Nature is beautiful, and I love how everything seems to work in harmony, e-even if it's not necessarily true. The waves crashing down upon the beach, the c-clouds floating in the sky, the birds chirping. It's all so pretty." Adney laughed "Yes finally someone who understands me. I was like this as a little kid and I was made fun for it. I always found myself different from the other kids I mean I had some friends but they didn't understand me."

Adney was really happy when Palla hugged him back. "T-Thank you." Adney smiled. "You are welcome." Adney chuckled while bringing her back to shore. "W-Why don't we try again another day?" Adney rubbed his hands together with excitement. "Yes that would be fine." Adney watched Palla as she got on shore to pick up her fishing kit and bowl of worms. Palla sat back down with her feet dangling and she was humming. Adney smiled and listened to her humming. Palla asked Adney if he wanted to see her shop. Adney was shocked but was happy. He jumped on the dock and was ready to go. Palla led Adney to the shop. It was a simple building Adney noticed. They went inside and Palla began to show Adney around. Adney was shocked to see the different carvings. There were Squirrels, birds and plate sets. Adney was amazed. "Wow these are beautiful." Palla even showed Adney her wood and clay that she would use to carve. Adney was just impressed at everything that she worked on. After Palla was done showing Adney around she asked "Would you like to meet again? We can go to a park, maybe, and you can meet my dogs." Adney smiled but was in deep thought. "I don't know what a park is but I guess I will find out once we meet again." Adney nodded and smiled. "I would love that. The park sounds good and I can't wait to meet your dogs."
- Adney Tempest
Last edited by Adney Tempest on June 11th, 2014, 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adney Tempest
Player

Words: 36821
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 8:11 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Palla Frostfawn on June 10th, 2014, 12:17 am

"We seem to have the same views on animals then. No, you didn't offend me, your question wasn't worded in an offensive way. You didn't specifically call them pets, just asked if I had any, and I doubt you meant to offend anyways." Tavan? The Frostfawn may specialize in animal husbandry, but I don't think I've seen them have many aquatic animals. Maybe I should just stop relating the Sverfa to the Vantha, all in all, they seem different.

He likes... Cooking? Maybe he can teach me, and I'll teach him carving in return. I'm not a good teacher, though. I'll have to gain skill in teaching before I can teach Adney anything. I'd probably just tell him to carve, I'm not good at explaining how to do things.

"T-Thank you, but my carvings are pale in comparison to some of the others I've seen." Palla replied, all the while making up a carving for Adney in her mind. [i] What should I make him? A ship? I can't exactly carve the ocean...

"A-A park is um... I think you got a map when you arrived? W-We can meet at Lapis Park, and you can see for yourself what it is. Anyways, bye, Adney!"

OOCThis is very short, but was just to wrap things up
[/center]
Palla Frostfawn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ragdoll on June 30th, 2014, 5:14 pm

You've Been Graded!

Palla :
Skills
Skill Points
Socialization 5
Observation 3
Swimming 3
Fishing 2

Lores

• Race: Svefra
  • Adney: Svefra
  • Adney: Fisherman
  • Adney's Hobbies
  • Figure of Speech: Hold your Horses
  • Swimming: Staying Afloat
  • Want: Acquire Swimming Clothes
  • Want: Overcome Stutter
  • Want: Carve Something for Adney
  • Trusting Adney

Bonus Loot

Thanks to Adney's teachings, Palla now knows a bit of Fratava, which takes her up to Poor level.

Comments

I really think Palla needs a hug, but now I feel better for her. It was nice getting to know her more. c:

Adney :
Skills
Skill Points
Socialization 5
Observation 3
Teaching 4
Swimming 4
Fishing 2

Lores

• Palla: Vantha of the Frostfawn Hold
  • Palla: Color-Changing Eyes...Whoa...
  • Palla: A Bit Shy
  • Palla: Has Two Dogs and a Carving Shop
  • What Palla's Eye Colors Mean
  • Want: Get to Know Palla More
  • Want: See Palla
  • Fishing: Patience is a Virtue
  • Teaching Someone to Float

Bonus Loot

Because of Palla's teachings, he now knows a few words of Vani, bringing him up to Poor level.

Comments

Adney's such a sweet guy-a nice break from the rest of the Tempest men. Can't wait to see you thread more.

Don't forget to edit your grading request! Though I try my hardest to award you what you deserve, I may occasionally mess things up! If there's something you'd like to discuss about your grade, then please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll be happy to work things out with you.
Riverfall - Behind the Waterfall - Mod Request Thread - Codex - OOC
Because of RL issues and a lack of energy that I can devote to Mizahar, I've decided to step down as an AS. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but it's truly been fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can come back some day.
Ragdoll
To err is human; to forgive is feline.

Words: 53704
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2014, 2:19 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous