[Ricky] The Fisherman's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Ricky Maze on July 13th, 2014, 6:21 am

OOC Note

Ricky's journal entries are going to appear here and the thread of course will serve as a hub for any letters he would receive. Therefore any who may wish to send him a letter or note may do so here, with the pre-made template present below or a template of their own they wish to use. Please do note that the information one might find in this book has to be read and learned IC as well!

Code: Select all
[style=width:600px; padding:0px; border:3px solid white; background-color: white; margin:auto;][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=34958[/img][indent][color=black][size=200]Letters for The Guardian[/size]
[size=150]Insert TimeStamp Here[/size]
Address: Maze Residence, Old Quarter
To: (Recipient here)

Your message body goes here.

[/color][/indent][/style]
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on August 1st, 2014, 10:58 pm

Summer 45th 514 AV

First entry I'll be writing in here I guess, I'll admit I was never one who thought recording thoughts and events was necessary. But given the fact there'll be a lot of changes come the return home, I'm sure I can figure out what all should be written down in this empty book of mine. We left Syliras a while back and already the road looks longer without ever ending, but I know that deep down we'll be home in no time.

I'm ready to be back home. Back in Zeltiva where the sound of the sea and the feel of the breeze never fails to surround you, I miss being there patrolling the streets but more importantly... I miss everyone we left behind. Our son Martin, Gale, Pulren, Ariann... everybody really. I wonder every night what exactly they have been doing, how they have been since we left on this journey. Mainly because I should be there right now, I should be there to watch them and protect them. Though... I suppose that too is gonna change a bit, maybe they won't need me to keep them safe after all.

In truth I'm hopeful that nothing has changed but deep down inside I know, I know for fact that to hope for such a thing is foolish. Even so I can't say I'm not excited to see what is new in town, and since I'm completely recovered I intend to work hard to help provide my family with the normal life they deserve.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on October 17th, 2014, 2:35 am

Autumn 2nd 514 AV

You know, I sorta forgot I bought this before we left Syliras. Guess its just me needing to make a habit of writing more really, then again I've been busy enough keeping the household fed and doing the runs around the city. Patrols have been pretty quiet since I came back, nothing to crazy has happened so far. Half the time I'm expecting mages or some other crazy lunatics to jump out and start an uproar, given the fact Zeltiva's had a pretty hectic year already. Not as bad as last year I'd wager but then again it all depends, come to think of it a whole year has nearly passed since Martin's been born. Two hundred and eighty-two days if I counted right, believe it or not it took a while to actually recount that and make sure the number was correct.

Still he's already almost a year old. I think that and can't believe any of it, pretty soon he'll be walking like a champ, and then we'll have to work extra hard to make sure he doesn't get into anything he shouldn't. What never ceases to amaze me is how curious he is with everything, whether it comes to putting it in his mouth or playing with it he literally wants to grab everything he can. Pa never told me to expect that, then again he never got around to telling me anything. I honestly wish I could remember all the things I did as a child now, half the time I wonder if Martin will even remember the things he's experienced now. I mean sure the days I spent as a kid are clear as day, but when I think back to around Martin's general age, all I get is a white blank haze or something.

Doesn't really help me now much anyway, all I can do is watch and raise the boy as he grows. The other day I thought I heard him trying to say something, though its just nonsense that he manages to say. Still I can't wait to hear him actually talk, though he's not said his first "real" word yet I'll bet its gonna happen any day soon. Telion's been enthusiastic about it as well, knowing that Martin will be a year old. Granted she's been feeling a bit ill recently, she's done her best to avoid showing it around us. Though I dunno what's gotten her sick, I can only hope the weather this season isn't the cause. Last thing I need to do is get sick along with the rest of the family, seeing as how they depend on me to provide for them.

Tonight though I'm going out, gonna try to see if I can't win a few bets. Though I haven't really done many bar brawls, I'm hopeful that I can make a bit of extra coin at the Kelp Bar tonight.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on October 17th, 2014, 2:50 am

Autumn 5th 514 AV

So today I learned that my little brother, who I've yet to write about in here, happened to be in the Infirmary without my knowing until I received word from a courier. Believe it or not he's got some supernatural guardian or something watching over him, if his story about what happened turned out to be true after all. Before I go on with this though I might as well add, my father- well, our father- was a sailor that raised me here in Zeltiva. While I know good and well what my father tried to represent, I've recently come to question who he was seeing as how he's managed to take several secrets to the grave with him. One of them being my so called siblings, which I never knew existed until I came across the first one in Syliras. When we met I was in disbelief at first seeing as how it could've been a fabrication, but once I read the letter he wrote her and looked closely at the drawing of him... I knew.

Then after we returned to Zeltiva I managed to meet my brother, both he and my sister are younger than me, so I suspect he wound up... well yeah... it had to have happened on his trips he made when the crew he sailed with needed an extra hand. Anyways Jadlin's story seemed pretty valid, although his circumstances were far different compared to Lissa's own mother. Anyhow with the fact I've had siblings cropping up I've come to wonder what all Pa kept hidden, and if he intended to tell me in some other way since he practically died without uttering a single word beforehand. Maybe he never had the chance, or maybe I never gave him one. I dunno! All I know is that I'm pretty much in the dark about this whole mess, and today I just so happened to learn a very interesting thing.

Jadlin told me about a lover he had who just so happened to be the woman who decided to snatch my coin pouch the other night, believe it or not I wasn't as surprised as I should've been when I saw her. Given my standard rate of luck I should've seen it coming really, but the worst part is that I can't really tell if she's someone I'm willing to have around. Sure Jadlin loves her and, Goddess forbid, he managed to tell her that with a bit of help... but I seriously can't help but question her motives. Although I myself am taking this protection over my family a bit too far sometimes... I just worry too much I guess, rather than assuming she's bad news I really should sit with her, have a talk and see if we can't settle things on more friendlier terms than the last time.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 20th, 2015, 4:04 am

Spring 1, 515 AV

Well its finally started believe it or not, another year with another day to start it off. Today actually felt good to be honest, though I've started to think about Pa's last keepsake here recently. Honestly I didn't consider reading it until just now, so far the beginning just introduces Burten as who he was. I think, maybe, that he wanted me to learn who he was from the beginning, and that for whatever reasons he may have withheld such details, he would fully explain himself and fill in the blanks soon enough. I don't know what to expect honestly but I don't feel right about it, then again I'm probably just being stubborn with it like my wife says.

By the way, congrats to me now. Telion's expecting again and this time she told me as soon as she felt sure, hearing it really surprised the shyke out of me for sure. Hopefully with things going well, that will be our second child brought into the world. I can't believe I lost this damned journal all winter honestly, Telion actually reminded me that it'd been put away in the desk not too long ago. I actually got this thing to record Martin's progress as he grows older, for instance today he managed to call me "Da" sometime after I got home. Things like that are what I wanted to record, perhaps I should start doing more though instead. I know I want to be able to tell stories to my children later on, so I might as well start by doing that among other things. I really don't expect any others to find and read this anyways, not unless they have a key to the drawer that I'm gonna use. Got lots to figure out now that winters passed, and I'm hopeful something else might come up, after a bit more digging into Pa's old journal is done.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on May 20th, 2015, 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Spring 2 515 AV

(Placeholder for now)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Spring 4 515 AV

(Placeholder for now)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 20th, 2015, 4:05 am

Spring 6 515 AV

(Placeholder for now)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 20th, 2015, 4:05 am

Spring 16 515 AV

(Placeholder for now)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 20th, 2015, 4:06 am

Spring 18 515 AV

(Placeholder for now)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next