Closed Small Things, Big Rewards (Timothy)

A child and a ghost...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Small Things, Big Rewards (Timothy)

Postby Shalita Farlay on June 30th, 2014, 11:59 am

Shalita's deep blue gaze watched as the boy seemed to freeze at her words, before his hands turned into fists beside his form. The boy's voice was different as he turned back towards her, cold just like she was, she guessed. If she was human, they probably would have sent a chill flowing down her spine. Although now? Now she didn't have a spine, she was spineless in a physical sense, she could move through walls and float above the rooftops. Instead, she liked to float through the streets to enjoy the human activity around her, even though it made her some what jealous or gave her a pang of loneliness and a want for the human life that she had lost. She watched as he picked up the flower, but as he rose, it was his next words that pierced through her at an emotional level. "But you can't 'elp me. You're dead. You can't do a ting."

"I cahn't walk with you Miss. I dun wont too," She heard him whisper. "D'you know how I got 'ere? On a ship, tsjained to strangurs. One night, there was a storm. Watur came in, and I cahn't move." The boy came closer to her and slowly, her form began to drift a foot off of the ground once again. "People are a-screaming, te ship goes this way then that. "Free offus drowned." This boy's life was sad really, to be on a ship where people who you might have gotten close to, only to watch them as they drowned. She wanted nothing more then to reach out, to bring the boy into her arms and comfort him, like a mother would have done

However, the boy wasn't finished as he wiped at the tears on his cheek with the sleeve of his shirt. "You frightun me because you're cold and dead, and... You shouldn't be 'ere. You can't love, you can't marry, you can't do any'ting anymore and you cahn't help me." The words stung and they drove deep like a sword wound... Like a child ripping its way out from its mother's womb. Slowly, her form began to drift backwards away from the boy, as she felt the inflicted verbal hurt that had been flung at her from just a boy. A boy had said those words to her and she couldn't help but feel... Less human and more like a ghost, a ghost of what was once a human being.

She shouldn't be here? Should she just be dead? Not exist at all? While it was true that she could no longer marry, that the option had been ripped out of her hands as she was locked in a room for months, only to carry a child that she would literally die for, it didn't mean that those words didn't hurt. Her form flickered for a moment as her appearance began to change from that of her human appearance to her ghostly appearance as hurt crossed her features. Her black mane paled until it was nothing but a shade of white, her deep blue eyes, paled as well until they were an ice blue colour. Her sundress paled to a colour of white and billowed out from her form as the colour red, stained the front of her dress. It started from her mid section and the stain moved downwards, spreading out along the dress until it reached the hem, where it now covered her bare feet. "I guess... I guess I should leave then." She whispered as she turned to leave. It was obvious that the boy no longer wanted her company, if at all.

OOCOh sure ya did! xD

Image Image Image
...Death Is An Icy Path ...
Active Threads: 2/10
Shalita Farlay
Javeya..

Words: 51093
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 3:20 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Timothy Mered on June 30th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Date here

"No, don't leave! I..." He reached out towards her, his hand slicing through the air where hers would've been. It wasn't so much her ghostly appearance that unsettled him as it was the course of their conversation. From blossoming flowers to stories of death, they'd unknowingly captured much of life in mere chimes.

"I didunt mean it like that! Please stay!"

Now, he was the one who pleaded. He'd never sought to commit the white lady hurt, or chase her away, he just didn't want to hear her talk about death. It made him feel sad and hollow on the inside, as if his spirit had become as fleeting and icy as her. As he stood close to her, he began to feel more miserable still. There was something about her that instilled great sadness and melancholy into his heart, no matter how hard he tried to fight it. "We can play a game, but I dun have any dies," he offered feebly.

"And we cahn't play now. I have to clean up." Chewing his lip, he glanced up at her, eyes begging for forgiveness.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Shalita Farlay on July 1st, 2014, 2:41 pm

"No, don't leave! I..." It was then that she caught sight of a hand that had passed through her own, her ice blue gaze glanced down at her right hand, lifting it so then she could view it. It was like, she was just a group of mist to every one. That was, until she decided that she wanted to interact with the world and then they could touch her, but she was cold to their touch. She wiggled her fingers in front of her face for a moment, they felt attached to her. It was then that she fully comprehended the boy's words, he didn't want her to leave? She thought that he did, seeing as she scared him so much. "I didunt mean it like that! Please stay!" He wanted her to stay? He didn't mean it like what?

Slowly she turned around to view the boy, after his last words, she wasn't exactly sure why he wanted the ghost to stay, in fact, she found it some-what strange. She couldn't help him, it was his words that she remembered as her hand drifted back down to her side once more as she angled her head. She couldn't quite place this boy's behaviour, it was all over the place if she had to be honest and she couldn't quite pin it. Was he lonely? Lonely enough to accept the company of a ghost? "We can play a game, but I dun have any dies. And we cahn't play now. I have to clean up." Shalita noticed him as he chewed upon his lip, those big eyes of his looked like they were begging, but why?

Her form floated back down, so then it appeared as if she was standing upon the stone street once more. Those eyes got through to the woman, for when she was alive, her mother had taught her that the eyes were the windows to the soul. The eyes of the boy, looked like they had seen some things that a boy should never have seen and they just lacked the innocence that she felt that all children should have. The smiles and the laughter, the care-free look that their eyes usually held within them. This boy's eyes looked too much like that of an adult, one filled with burden and sorrow. Finally a smile settled upon her ghostly lips as a nod of her head was given. "Sure, we can play a game. I can wait until you have cleaned up, for I have all the time in the world." Or until however long ghosts lived till. Maybe she should make use of all the time that she had, maybe learn a new skill, or read a really big book about something.

Image Image Image
...Death Is An Icy Path ...
Active Threads: 2/10
Shalita Farlay
Javeya..

Words: 51093
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 3:20 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Timothy Mered on July 8th, 2014, 1:12 am

50th of Summer 514AV

As she stood there, eyes boring into him, he felt hopelessly dreadful. All her dread and sorrow filled up his form, even when he crossed his arms to try and shield himself against the invisible tendrils that snapped around his heart and threatened to tear it out.

Her mere presence made him waver, and he still couldn't decide whether he liked her or not. She had a nice smile and they would've gotten along famously had she been alive. But the freezing cold that surrounded her chilled him to the bone and made him wish, again, that she wasn't there.

Snap! He'd all but forgotten that he was supposed to be inside by now. Slave or not, Matilla treated him like a child at times. Often to his displeasure but to his benefit also. For if he would be awake until deep in the night, as he'd often wished, then not even the world's loudest rooster could wake him.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I ain't got all the time in te world." He lowered his head, "and I dun know that many games either."

Looking back up he flashed a smile at her and said, "I have te go now Miss." he inclined his head ever so slightly before whispering, "we'll play a game once I've escaped. Promise."

Though he felt bad for leaving her, for he thought she was quite lonely, he was sure they would meet again some day. He could feel it in his bones. Perhaps she would have managed to become less of a ghost and perhaps then he could make up his mind about her.

Once more he glanced over his shoulder, giving her a smile, finger pointing at the flower, before he slammed the shop's door shut behind him.

oocSorry for the late reply! I actually tried many different replies but none ever felt quite right. This one doesn't feel quite right either. I shouldn't have backpedaled on his earlier outburst. This is a little middle of the road kind of thing I suppose...I propose we put this up for grading now and built further on their relationship in another thread where I might be less restricted.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Vice on July 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Shalita Farlay :
Skills
  • +3 Materialization

Lores
  • Lore: Timothy Mered
  • Reminded of Death
  • The Purple Plant: Flower or Weed?
  • Colour of Death
  • Feeling Exlucded, Abadoned...
  • Timothy: Mark on his Face
  • Conversation makes me feel alive
  • Timothy: Has a Master
  • Offering to Haunt
  • Timothy: A Tragic Backstory
  • A Pang of Sadness

Timothy Mered :
Skills
  • +5 Socialization
  • +4 Observation
  • +1 Rhetoric

Lores
  • Defensive of Jed's Bed and Boxes
  • A Strange Premonition
  • Meeting a Ghost
  • Lore: Shalita Farlay
  • Shalita: Can't feel heat
  • Shalita: Can't touch without great effort
  • Shalita: Like a Plucked Flower
  • Jed: My Problem: Not yours!
  • Insulting the Dead
  • Slurring Speech

Comments: Not much XP to award besides Social and Observation for Timmy. Enjoy your Materialization points, Shalita.

And lores! Take all the lores! :P

It was a fun thread to read.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please send me a PM, and we'll discuss my reasoning behind why the grade given was received. Please make sure to edit any posts in the grading queue to 'graded' and update your CS as soon as possible. Enjoy! ^.^
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Previous