Completed [Sanity Center] Help Wanted

Kuvarakh puts up a notice for assistance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Sanity Center] Help Wanted (open)

Postby Kuvarakh on July 9th, 2014, 1:56 am

Kuvarakh looked at Rana in complete sincerity. "Yes, that is exactly what I mean. The house has somehow been imbued with sentience. It has self-awareness and feelings. I have a connection to it now, through some sort of magic I truly don't understand fully. It basically "invited" me into its...circle. Not to sound conceited, but I can understand its choice. We are both potentially immortal, but existing on a purely mortal plane. We have both known love and loss, trust and betrayal, great excitement, and stifling boredom. In a word, we "understand" each other, perhaps better than we understand most...people."

Rana looked rapt in wonder, and Kuvarakh tried to downplay any thought she may have had toward him as some sort of master wizard. "Please understand though, I don't know when or how this particular discipline began. The house has to offer you a sliver of itself, which you then slip right into your own flesh." He made a face that matched her own. "Yes it is painful. But the real point is that I have no real ability to do actual "magic" with this introduction. I simply have come to be acquainted with the incredible personality, that IS the mansion itself."

She looked as though a number of questions were waiting to be put forth, and he really wanted to talk about the Underground more than this, so he tried to diminish her interest for now. "This does not allow me "conjure" up houses out of thin air, or to do alterations to anyone else' home. It really only lets me get to know the house and let it get to know me. IT is the one that can make changes and create new rooms, expand, contract and such. All I really do is give it a friend to talk to. I don't doubt it has quite a bit of history behind its doors. It basically is a kindred spirit to me, and we can keep each other from going mad with loneliness."

He did not mention the fact that as his friendship grew, he would be able to inject this awareness into other buildings, and be much more likely to persuade the mansion into giving up slivers of itself to give this ability to others. He could imagine a waiting line of people trying to "pal around" with him, in hopes of being able to win this skill from him. And while he was not opposed to giving this gift to others whose character merited it, he didn't want acquaintances trying to play the "friend" card, as a means of pressuring him into it. In time, he would see if anyone earned the mansion's trust, in addition to his own. This would be the greater determining factor.

In the meantime, he agreed that Rana should be welcome to see the mansion for herself some time. And that her glass working skill would probably be a tremendous benefit to establishing a rapport with the grand old structure. "Perhaps I OUGHT to have you fix my window," he winked, "as a means of seeing if I should recommend you." He went over to the cracked pane. "I'm really not sure what sort of cost I should anticipate. By the way, did you know I learned to make glass flexible long ago? If that is something that would be useful to you, maybe we can help each other. It's done with alchemy, so I don't mean that I can teach you to do it, but if you need something altered that way, I can do it for you."

But again, he wished primarily to nail down this mission into The Underground. "If you want to take the pane of glass with you, or take some measurements, feel free. As for going to The Underground, I will send a courier for you when I can arrange to connect you with this Mr. Ekans. First, I need to talk to someone about a description of the location where the girl is most likely being held. It will probably be several days or more. I'd like to give you more time to decide, but I need to know if I need to keep looking for someone else that knows The Underground. I hope you understand."

He went and consulted a book, placing it back below the counter when he was done a few moments later. "I can give you a few days though. And rest assured, your decision regarding The Underground will not affect your welcome at the mansion, OR my willingness to let you fix my window." he winked again and grinned.
Last edited by Kuvarakh on July 13th, 2014, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ranayel Silverleaf on July 11th, 2014, 3:39 pm

The Silverleaf woman's face lit up at the thought of magical houses-holy shyke, that's completely amazing!-though she managed to get a hold of herself before squealing. A sentient house was incredibly intriguing to her.

She listened intently to his descriptions of this house magic, though she'd refrain from cutting in. There were so many things she wanted to ask Kuvarakh about this, but he didn't seem to want to talk about it much at the moment. Reminding herself that she'd come here to do work for Kuvarakh, the Silverleaf woman shook her head, red curls flouncing as she did so. Her thoughts went back to glassworking and the Underground, then to the cost of a new window like the cracked one in Wanda's Alchemmia Alchae.

"I would absolutely love to help you with your window-it's been a while since I had a commission. Um. There are two things I can do. I can either make an entirely new pane of glass, which would cost about 20 GM per square foot of glass, or I could take the window with me and seal the crack by working small amounts of hot glass into the crack of the window. That would cost less, but the crack would still be visible. Whichever way you choose to go, I charge a fee of 10 GM per day of work on the project. A new pane of glass would be a several-day affair, but sealing the crack would probably only take me one day."

After explaining her prices to Kuvarakh, Rana paced over to the glass window in question. She had nothing on her person to measure the pane with, but she could definitely examine it. The crack didn't seem to be too large and would be easily repaired if that was the route he chose to go, but she'd welcome the money that a several-day project would bring in. In the end, it would be entirely up to Kuvarakh.

The Silverleaf woman turned back to face Kuvarakh then with a genuine smile on her face. "As for the Underground-I'm in, one hundred percent. You seem like a good man, solid hands or not, and you're honest about the risks of the job. That's something I can appreciate." Her mind had been made up ever since he'd asked her, though she wasn't sure if she'd made her intentions clear to Kuvarakh before that moment. If she'd been vague in any way up to this point, then her decision was obvious now.

Nothing like a bit of adventure, huh?

Thoughts. - "Common." - "Nari." - "Isurian."
Ranayel Silverleaf
Player

Words: 11917
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2014, 12:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Kuvarakh on July 13th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Kuvarakh eyed the window in question appraisingly. He guessed it was about six square feet. This would cost him a basic charge of one hundred twenty gold mizas, plus the service fee of thirty to forty more. He really didn't need the full-fledged job. A simple crack-repair would have been fine. But as he'd said, with the tone of a joke, he wanted to see what the girl was capable of.

Every bit of help he could get at the mansion would be a boon, not only to them, but to him as well. It was the same reason he had the other girl...Aslin...no, AISLYN...making sketches. He wanted to see what she could do. Their work would be a better recommendation for them than his verbal support. But in the reverse, if they did poor work, his credibility with the house would be undermined more severely than theirs for having recommended them.

He told Rana to wait and went in the back, returning with a small canvas pouch. The clink of mizas as the bag struck the counter was unmistakable. "There are three hundred mizas here. Your estimate suggests that the new pane will be one hundred, fifty or sixty. With the remainder, I was hoping you could craft some sort of decorative piece, as a gift for Wanda. I want to convince her that I forgot her name day this year. I can never surprise her. She's so meticulous with her scheduling and inventory, she always knows what I'm up to. Maybe a little animal. You see, we can transmute something to glass here, if we need to. But she knows I wouldn't do that to a living creature, so she'll know it was not something I cranked out here in the shop."

He grinned and winked. "It seems to be important to you women to know that a gift cost more than just a bell of effort during a man's free time, and no money, regardless of how well it turns out." he cringed in jest, as if he thought Rana might hit him for the mild insult. Then got serious again. "There's plenty of time. If I know that I've got her gift covered, I can more convincingly play the part of having forgotten. I expect you and Mr. Ekans will be back from The Underground before Wanda's gift will need to be finished. I have a courier I will send when that mission is ready."

He shook her hand. If she needed the cracked pane as a size template, he would remove all the lock pins, spring slats, shims and felt padding to allow the pane to be pulled free. This had been a productive day, as far as initiating plans for several successes went. If all went well, he would rescue Nyxie's friend, get a new body, discover a new crafter for the mansion, get the window fixed AND get a gift made for Wanda.

If all went well...

OOC-continues here.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Darkalin Pinewood on July 13th, 2014, 5:51 pm

From his place on the wall, Darkalin could easily see the crowd by the sanity center. What is going on there? A party? A murder? A Religious Meeting? He had to find out. So, he climbed down the wall, jumping the last few feet.

Running through alleyways was Tedious, so Darkalin started scaling walls, jumping from roof to roof. He now had to find out what was happening. So many people, and not very many are even entering the center. Maybe something big, like a war, a hunt for monsters, or a nobles coming?

He was greatly disappointed to find out, that these were simply people looking for jobs. He jingled his Miza bag. Could use a bit more money. Maybe getting a job will be fun. That had sealed it. He looked at a board, one full of papers, and chalk, all as unorganized as the city itself. Odd jobs..... Kuvarahk.... Wanda's Alchemmia Alchae.... Hazy air.... Steeply sloped roofs.... Got it.

And with that, he went up onto the roof of the nearest building, and set out to find the Alchemmia Alchae.
"This is Common"
This is thoughts.
"This is Symenos"
This is Writing
Darkalin Pinewood
Player

Words: 17152
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2014, 12:20 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on July 17th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Riddled with Rewards!

Kuvarakh
Socialization +5 XP
Observation +3 XP
Interrogation +1 XP
Rhetoric +3
Negotiation +5 XP

Lores :
  • Phobius: Pale Inarta
  • Phobius: Eager, Nervous, Desperate and Confident
  • Maya: A Girl In Need of Work
  • Rey: Viper Dhani
  • Rana: An Excitable Resident
  • Rana: Has Knowledge of the Underground
  • Rana: Has Glassworking Skills
  • Negotiation: Sealing The Deal
  • Negotiation: Gobs of Jobs!

Phobius
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +3 XP

Lores :
  • Location(??): The Sanity Center
  • Location(??): Alchemmia Alchae
  • Ionu: Doesn’t Always Fiddle With Just Locations
  • Kuvarakh: Alchemist of Alvadas
  • Kuvarakh’s Proposition: To Be A Messenger

Aislyn
Observation +2 XP
Writing +1 XP
Socialization +3 XP

Lores :
  • Illusionism: The Maya Disguise
  • Ionu: Toys With The Arrangement of Alvadas
  • Location(??): Alchemia Alchae
  • Kuvarakh: He Is A Nuit
  • Nuit: Race of Undead Body Hoppers
  • Kuvarakh’s Proposition: The Hands of an Artist
  • Glyphing Pattern: Nuit Transference Glyphs
  • Wanda: Proprietor of Alchemmia Alchae

Yisanareysin
Observation +2 XP
Auristics +1 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Negotiation +1 XP

Lores :
  • Kuvarakh: Smells Like Death
  • Kuvarakh: Has No Aversion To Dhani
  • Location(??): Alchemia Alchae
  • Kuvarakh’s Proposition: A New Body Is What I Need

Ranayel
Socialization +3 XP
Observation +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Negotiation +1 XP

Lores :
  • Kuvarakh: He Is A Nuit
  • Kuvarakh: Has Special House Magic
  • Location(??): Alchemmia Alchae
  • Negotiation: Haggling Over Price
  • Kuvarakh’s Proposition: Sprucing Up The Place
  • Kuvarakh’s Proposition: An Underground Guide
  • Kuvarakh’s Proposition: Glass Gift

Darkalin
Running +1 XP
Observation +1 XP

Lores :

Comments :
Wow! What a fascinating thread. Once again (as seems to be the pattern with you Alvad crazies) I was so absorbed in what I was reading that I nearly forgot to tally lores and EXP. Anywho, a few notes:

• Kuvarakh: -350 Gold Mizas
  • Phobius: +15 Gold Mizas (Awarded only 15 because it was specified in the thread)
  • Aislyn: You now have a sketch of Nuit Transference Glyphs!
  • Ranayel: +300 Gold Mizas
  • Darkalin: While I did not withhold your grade, in the future make certain that you are not posting to threads who’s plots have been concluded. Yes, this thread was labeled as “Open” but Kuvarakh had concluded it. You posted to this after it had been submitted for grading. Please be a bit more attentive. Thank you.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to the contents of this grade please do not hesitate to approach me at your earliest convenience. Please don't forget to edit/delete your request in the Request Thread.

Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous