The Big Bad Scrapbook[Roscoe/Skarra]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

The Big Bad Scrapbook[Roscoe/Jazra]

Postby Hirem on June 5th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Roscoe wrote:
You see what I mean? Our characters are doomed to death by boring if we separate them from the source- or worse yet, don't give them one. Our characters all need a source, be that some far off goal, or some event that defines them.

Brilliant read, Roscoe, and it works as an effective guide to Character Motivation 101. You should link new players to this when you can, I think it's a very enlightening lecture.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Roscoe on June 6th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Aw shucks, Hirem. Thanks. :) I appreciate the encouragement.

In other news, I have spent the last few days resting from writing Roscoe, since I kind of went super hard for about 10 days when I made him and then started posting. In that time I also started work and went to the store once, which was a truly wondrous experience. I live in an itsy bitsy town called Aliceville which consists of like 3,000 people(which is actually massive for this county- we have a town of 30). We have 2 restaurants- a fast food place which, after working there for one day, I will never eat at again, and an overpriced diner. So basically this means I eat food that I cook, and occasionally food other people cook. For me, this means that I live in a constant state of imagining the craziest things I could possibly cook up and eat. I went to the store today and picked up ingredients to do a few different things, all of which I'm confident could kill me. Here's a preview:

The Luther Burger

Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Words: 85779
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Roscoe on June 7th, 2014, 2:23 am

Just ran across this gem. It's pretty old and the character is inactive but it hits on some great points. A little basic in places but nonetheless this is an excellent primer on basic techniques in writing that many could benefit from.
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Roscoe on June 17th, 2014, 1:03 am

Another GREAT link for everybody to check out. This was written by the wonderful Mizaharess Alea Davenport, and is a brief treatment on writers block, muse, and how to get over it and start writing. These are all the things I have historically turned to when I need to write but for some reason or another can't really get into it. Highly, highly recommend.
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Roscoe on July 12th, 2014, 4:04 am

Some wonderful boxcodes from my good friend Trickster! Made as a birthday present unexpectedly because she's the bomb:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi tempus dictum vulputate. Nunc quis lectus sagittis, rhoncus sem non, condimentum flavored snow eros. Curabitur consequat, justo vitae tincidunt aliquam, orci tellus lobortis lorem, ut tristique dolor elit ut purus. Proin donut molestie eros sapien, quis congue velit posuere eget. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Ut neque mi, pellentesque sed enim vel, lobortis hendrerit nibh. Integer bibendum elit ac laoreet.

Etiam enim neque, gravida sit amet augue ac, tempus sollicitudin sem. Suspendisse at quam justo. Nullam laoreet placerat tristique. Duis tempus tellus sit potato salad amet velit fringilla, et iaculis magna consequat. Duis eu auctor leo. Nullam cotton candy eget adipiscing dui. Mauris ut luctus nibh. Cras orci magna, tomato cursus quis nunc id, vulputate tincidunt arcu. Pellentesque banana auctor elit sed risus molestie, id faucibus nunc volutpat. Morbi sagittis dui eu mi malesuada, eu tempor velit blandit. Aenean vestibulum purus eu hamburger lorem consequat cursus.

|

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi tempus dictum vulputate. Nunc quis lectus sagittis, rhoncus sem non, condimentum flavored snow eros. Curabitur consequat, justo vitae tincidunt aliquam, orci tellus lobortis lorem, ut tristique dolor elit ut purus. Proin donut molestie eros sapien, quis congue velit posuere eget. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Ut neque mi, pellentesque sed enim vel, lobortis hendrerit nibh. Integer bibendum elit ac laoreet.

Etiam enim neque, gravida sit amet augue ac, tempus sollicitudin sem. Suspendisse at quam justo. Nullam laoreet placerat tristique. Duis tempus tellus sit potato salad amet velit fringilla, et iaculis magna consequat. Duis eu auctor leo. Nullam cotton candy eget adipiscing dui. Mauris ut luctus nibh. Cras orci magna, tomato cursus quis nunc id, vulputate tincidunt arcu. Pellentesque banana auctor elit sed risus molestie, id faucibus nunc volutpat. Morbi sagittis dui eu mi malesuada, eu tempor velit blandit. Aenean vestibulum purus eu hamburger lorem consequat cursus.

|

|
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Roscoe on July 19th, 2014, 4:38 am

Miracle Farms Youtube Video

Great video on permaculture farming, which I am planning on getting into down the road. Makes me long for it to see the abundance it provides.
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Roscoe on July 19th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Did the Myers Briggs test since apparently it's a Miza-fad at the moment. I've taken the test a couple times a year since I was about 16 years old, just cause I find it interesting to note minor changes. With one or two exceptions, I have always been an INFJ, which I would say is a pretty fair assessment. I'd never thought to do this with a character though, so Ros went ahead and took the test himself. I had expected him to be ENTP off the top of my head, but he ended up being an ENTJ. So that was interesting.

The difference lies in the last letter. P is perceiving, while J is judging. Practically, the difference that this amounts to is whether or not you deal with things internally or externally. An ENTP will tend to sort things out inwardly and be, as their portrait page describes, 'idea people'. Whereas an ENTJ will tend to be good with in-the-moment decisions and will generally be more charismatic and geared toward leadership. The two are described with epithets- ENTP is 'The Visionary' and ENTJ is 'The Executive'. Honestly I think I can see both in Ros to varying degrees. I would contend however that my perception of him has shifted since his creation. At the outset my focus on him was more built around his unique mentality and morality, which likely influenced me toward seeing him as a visionary. Whereas now that I am actually on the ground plotting and getting into trouble with him, I see that, although he is shaped by his code, he defines himself with his actions- which, I guess kind of ironically, is exactly how he would want things to be. Roscoe is a man who has done a lot of soul searching and for the moment is set in how he feels about the world. He's been through a lot since he left Sunberth and has been thrown into the frying pan in Kenash, so we are seeing him move from a season of life where he was dealing with his hurt and recovering from it, to a season where action is required of him, and where he will be truly tested and forged into the man he is to become.

- My myers briggs musings
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Skarra on July 20th, 2014, 11:13 am

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, officially introducing my newest PC(pending approval, of course).....

Ssiresstimonskarra The Iyvess, or Skarra for short! :D
Skarra
Ssscouring the ocean depthsss

Words: 2710
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2014, 3:28 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Roscoe on July 21st, 2014, 11:12 pm

Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Roscoe on July 27th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Just thinking about this, so figured I'd throw it down here.

My Top 5 Movies, in no particular order:

Sucker Punch
Reservoir Dogs
Hero
Pans Labyrinth
Gangs of New York

My Top 3 favorite sci-fi universes:

Chronicles of Riddick
Firefly
Dune

My Top 5 (Non-Mizaharian)Fiction Characters, in order:

5. Joseph Dredd (From Dredd or Judge Dredd)
4. Walter Kovacs/Rorschach (From Watchmen)
3. Boyd Crowder (From Justified)
2. Col. Hans Landa (From Inglorious Basterds)
1. The Bride (From Kill Bill)

That's all I've got for now, I think.
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal