Traversing the Town and Telling Tales (Dead)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Traversing the Town and Telling Tales (Ora, Nero)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 9th, 2010, 6:42 am

Ora found herself laughing, swimming hard, but giving the air-breather a chance at catching her, otherwise there was no fun. It didn't take long for the young woman to realize that Nero didn't need a handicap, he was quite capable without assistance. The fun seemed to almost halt when Nero's pant leg was caught and his lungs experienced water, the young woman was worried, but Nero had insisted a break was all that he would need.

The Konti casually followed him, floating her way towards shore. Once she was close she moved herself upright and held onto several rocks which Nero was sitting next to. Ora listened to his question which caused Ora to pause awhile, unsure of what to tell him. "Well... Some women fish and gather things... Others have little underwater gardens," Ora paused, his question was directed not only to her culture, but also to her. "Not all Konti enjoy and spend as much time in the water as I do. Although," Her eyes moved to look over her shoulder at the water. "I use to spend a great deal of time in the water, and when I'm at the depths, on the floor, I..." She paused and bit her lip, she hadn't even said it and it already felt out of place. "Well, I dance." Her eye glanced at Nero for a moment before looking away fair quickly.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 9th, 2010, 7:06 am

Nero took a moment to imagine what the scene would look like, but saved it for later. If needed, she could describe it much better than he could. Regardless, he simply smiled at her with his warm and reassuring smile, hoping to coax her coy face towards him again. "That sounds Amazing. I've seen some pretty talented Dancers, but none of them could do so underwater. That must be lovely to behold." He chuckled, his word having come true yet again, "As I said, you never cease to surprise me Ora." He could not fathom how to really 'dance' on the sea floor, but he quickly concluded that given a Human body, he could not keep the weight to do so easily, let alone the air necessary. It seemed an amazing feat indeed, and a marvelous sight in itself. "So, is that what you do when you spend ten to fifteen minutes at a time under there?" He chuckled, realizing that he most likely had interrupted her routine with his simple presence, and did not wish to press the matter further. She had most likely done that her first time there as well, hidden at the bottom of the lake. "Do all Konti dance underwater? Or is this a specific talent of yours, Ora?" He slightly emphasized the "yours" in his line, slightly alluding to his earlier statements/apologies, and letting his curiosity pique over this interesting hobby. It was one that had to be seen to believed. But, he did not wish to intrude on her cherished past-times, and didn't push for a showing. Besides...

He was in no hurry.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 9th, 2010, 7:09 pm

A happy smile shown up at Nero as he spoke. "I am not sure how it looks when I do it, but it is my favorite place to practice." The Konti's gaze moved to the rocks she was holding onto, her fingers picking at moss that was growing. "Usually when I'm under for a long while it is that, or just swimming, exploring." The young woman thought back to the previous day, while she was submerged, it was mostly dancing with some exploring.

"I cannot answer that for certain, but I am not aware of any other women who dance underwater irrelevant to what dance." She paused a moment before continuing, removing a chunk of moss from her finger. "There are a few dances that are to be done underwater, dances for Laviku." Ora nodded slightly. "So, I suppose that I am not the only one with such a... 'Talent'." Ora did not see what she did as a talent, just a habit, if anything.

When it came to talents, that would be what she was trained in the most, a talent she seemed to be born with, fortune telling. At a young age she showed promise in palmistry as well as reading tea leaves, and her training began fairly quickly. She enjoyed it, but her true passion was with her dancing, while her skills remained in fortune telling. "What is your talent, Nero?" Ora frowned down at the rock, she had mindlessly picked it a bald spot.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 10th, 2010, 6:06 am

Nero thought back on the question, a peculiar interest in the word 'Talent.' It took his mind a few moments to formulate an answer, as he reworded a few parts. He spoke with his usual playful grace, and a slight chuckle in his voice. "Well, I'm not sure if you'd call it a Talent, but besides my Nature-studies, I am a practitioner of a Martial Art passed down from an old friend of mine, from my days in Cyphrus. I find it a very soothing and spiritual release for my mind and body. It's almost like Dancing, except with more emphasis on swift movements, and tactical achievement. There's a heavy emphasis on spiritual unity as well, and I've found myself sitting hours upon hours atop the same boulder, my mind relaxing under the setting sun. I'm not sure it qualifies as a Talent, but that is an integral part of my being." He smiled, satisfied at his answer, and his explicit exclusion of the actual Fighting that he did. He wished to keep that part of him away from her, the vicious Demon-persona that strategically fought with the ferocity of a savage beast. He would do whatever necessary to prevent that meeting, until it was inevitable. "Regardless, I'm sure there aren't many, if any, Konti that can match your elegance in Dance Ora." He smiled towards her as he continued, his arms letting his entire body sink into the water once more, as he effortlessly treaded his weight. "After all, With enough passion and dedication, one could be the pinnacle of any field or hobby."

He smirked as he dipped his head under for a moment, his hands roughly running through his short hair. He pushed himself off of the rock border and started swimming briskly from end to end, his body unwinding in the soft and cool waters. It was peaceful, and it was necessary. Nero tended to make things 'complicated,' on a regular basis, and more so with Ora's case. There was something in him that would push him to commit awkward, and even out-right Wrong actions. Yet he still felt them worth doing. It was an odd puzzle that he would have to work out, but not now. Now was simply time to relax.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 10th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Ora found the thought of martial arts an interesting one. Most Konti women learn some form of defense (And offense of course), frequently they would learn a martial art or suvai. Ora had chosen Suvai, the young Konti saw it as elegant and found the weapons to be highly appealing. "I would call that a talent," The woman smiled as she spoke, her fingers relaxing, attempting to avoid creating any more bald spots on the rock. "It takes a great deal of patience and practice, correct?" She pushed off from the rock, sinking a fair amount while the threaded water.

Ora disagreed entirely with Nero, there were other Konti dancers whose abilities far exceeded hers and whose elegance was also drastically better. The woman laughed quietly to the man as she shook her head. "There are far more skilled woman than I when it comes to dance. I do wish to better myself, to be on their level." A sigh left her as he slipped into the water.

Her violet eyes watched him from just under the surface, she grew tired of treading water, wishing to just be in the water. He swam back in forth swiftly, almost effortlessly. Ora decided to leave him to his own desires for the time being while she swam to the bottom of the lake, her hands touching slimy rocks and weeds. She clung to the floor by holding onto small native lake water plants and a rock. She was wedged, slightly uncomfortably, next to the rock in order to remain at the bottom. Ora continued to watch Nero swim back and forth like an obedient dog fetching a stick, she found it hard to see that as relaxing.

After a good ten minutes of resting at the bottom of the lake, Ora kicked off of the rock, and jetting herself to the surface. Her head poked out from the water, her eyes landing on the shore as she surfaced. She felt lonely down at the depths of the lake, there was plenty of living things down there, but she missed Nero's conversation, even if it was awkward from time to time. "Nero?" Ora asked the shore quietly, her eyes moving about to locate her companion.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 11th, 2010, 2:38 am

Nero had simply chuckled as she retreated under the still surface of the lake, her final words being of proclaimed inferiority. He was certain there were more skilled women among the Konti, but, although his knowledge was Very limited concerning their society, there seemed to be a subtle dedication in Ora's eyes that persuaded him otherwise. Nevertheless, he swam himself over to an edge of the water, content to allow her some time to herself. However, once he started thinking about her, his mind would not allow him to stop. He found himself dulled without her company, and after a few minutes of her submergence, he planned a bit of "excitement." Oh boy, did Nero love having Fun. He could only hope Ora had enough room in her cracking shell to live a little, and be more, Relaxed, as it would be.

Once Ora popped her head up, he smirked, and put his plan into action. He had set himself up against a small bank against the lake, his body almost floating as it lay parallel to the surface. His head was barely above the water, his nostrils rising ever so lightly to bring in deep puffs of air. He subtly dipped under as he torpedoed himself towards his companion, already imagining the look on her face. As he got closer and closer, his heart began to beat like a thunderous applause, He was a wildcat, about to pounce on an unsuspecting prey. Nero always enjoyed a good joke, and the more surprise that entailed, generally the better the joke. He broke his streamlined posture right as he got within a couple feet of her, his body curving to become straight, as in a standing position. His smirk grew as he put his might into a powerful stroke upward, his legs thrusting down to propel him slightly above the water's surface. A slight splash was made as Nero popped up above the lake's still water, it's skin pierced by a familiar intruder. As he broke the surface, Nero had gently wrapped his arms around Ora, right above her waist, and with a slight chuckle in his casually playful voice, he whispered into her ear.

"Boo."
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 11th, 2010, 3:27 am

Ora had to restrain herself from flailing at the sudden ‘game’. While Nero would call it a game, Ora felt like she was being attacked, but only for a moment, her nerves quickly settling. It was fairly obvious that Ora was not the most touchy of people and the sudden full-on contact was quite surprising. The young woman was sensitive to touch in more ways than the average individual; it wasn’t unheard of Konti’s gift being used unwillingly because of touch. While Ora had seen parts of Nero’s Chavi, she had not seen all of it, nor did she wish to, as it was a rude thing, or so the Konti thought.

She wiggled and escaped his grasp, moving a few feet from him. “Where were you?” She asked with a small smile, swimming towards shore slowly. Her eyes lingered on his face for a moment, bouncing between his brown eyes and the grassy shore. “I still am not use to so much… Touching.” Ora said quietly, her eyes avoiding his as she spoke. Ora motioned to the elder tree while she swam to shore, pulling herself out of the water, grabbing her cloak while she walked, covering herself with it. Should I tell him? Her thoughts paused a moment as she looked up at Nero. No, he doesn’t need to know. “I am getting tired,” She admitted, leaning against the old tree.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nero Czan on August 11th, 2010, 7:06 am

Nero chuckled as he swam alongside her, his usual smirk gleaming across his face. He had his fun, and now it was time to let her relax, without the anxiety of contact. He glanced at her as he answered her question, his voice carrying a playful tone. "Didn't you know? I can become invisible sometimes. It's a neat little trick I have. A 'Talent,' if you will." He smirked towards her as he popped out of the water, his chest glimmering in the sun as the water gently started to fall. He followed his companion to the tree, where he found a nice seat in a parting of the leafy shade. He bent his knees and rested his arms on them as he gazed upon the lake, his body on the edge of the Tree's magnificent shadow. It was a beautiful sight, and even with their intrusion, there would be no change. Life would continue as it had been for years, decades, perhaps even centuries. Little could change the massive bodies that Nature controlled, and he was pleased with the fact. He smiled up at Ora as she spoke, her wet hair dripping down onto her cloak.

"Just sit back and relax then. Perhaps we can just chat." He guessed that some of her fatigue was his doing, simply from frightening her so much with his playful touch. His mind sighed for him, and made a note to keep the touching under control for a while. He chuckled as he continued his train of thought. "I apologize... Again, for the touching. It's just a habit of mine. I get that people with powers such as yourself may be a little hesitant to get 'involved.' I'll keep it under control as best as I can." He smirked as he let himself fall against the grass, his eyes gazing upon the bright sky above him. He could only hold that promise for so long, but he would do so until the very last moment. He wasn't exactly sure about Ora's powers, concerning any aspect, but he did know that they were a touchy issue, and as much a part of her as her Dancing or his Martial Arts. Another thing to watch for. Regardless, he was looking forward to a nice day, after such an 'interesting' start. Although, Nero's future has never been very predictable...
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on August 13th, 2010, 3:13 am

Ora did relax, she leaned against the tree, her face pointed towards the sky as she took a deep inhale of breath through her nose. The air was warm, almost too warm, but she was wet and cold, so the heat was welcomed. The young woman smiled and shook her head against the tree, her face rolling from facing one direction to another. "No need to, Nero, you were raised in an entirely different culture, I cannot fault you for your actions, they are what you have become accustomed to," Her eyes opened and gave Nero a sideways glance. "I would prefer you be yourself than try to be someone you are not," She laughed slightly. "But try to touch a little less if that is possible." Her eyes closed again as her knees pulled up to her chest, her arms wrapping around them, hugging her legs closer to her body.

"Tell me about your friend," Ora's voice broke the silence that had begun to settle. "The one from your childhood." Violet eyes were open again, intently watching Nero as he laid on the grass, a smirk across his face. The Konti supposed this was a normal appearance for him, though his shirtless state was unsettling, a sight she was not use to and probably would not be for some time. "If you do not wish to speak of him, then there is no need to." Ora added, her typical phrasing to avoid discomfort to her friend.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Traversing the Town and Telling Tales (Dead)

Postby Leviathan on September 28th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Thread Award!

Ora
Exp +2 Interrogation, +3 Swimming, +1 Storytelling
Lore 'Dealing with Hangovers... Your Own', Watery Games

Nero
Exp +3 Flirting, +1 Philosophy, +2 Swimming, +1 Storytelling
Lore Taking Care of Hangover-Victims, Watery Games

Additional Comments Sorry it took so long to get this graded. Been busy. As always, feel free to PM me any concerns, questions, or comments you may have and I'd be happy to figure out the problem/situation with you. Good work and keep up the writing!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous