Sun And Rain Envelop Us All (Ligeia, open?)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Orion on September 27th, 2010, 8:03 pm

68th Day of The Season of Fall, 510 AV.

This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.

The colours of heaven itself were shining down onto the scholar city of Zeltiva, it was just as beautiful as the last time Orion had set his dusky eyes onto the ancient buildings. The first memories he had as he took his first steps deeper into the city were of Phipreas, and the strong words that crowned his recital, after all, it is not every day one gets a chance of being taught what real poetry is. Many parts of the poem were now long gone from the mind of the absent Ethaefal, yet many feelings kept poking at his soul forcing him to look a bit better at every single passenger that was taking a stroll through the same streets as him. The thick clouds were almost gone now, but the bothersome rain was still falling, every drop crashing down onto the ever changing ground that was the very foundation of a new world. His thoughts were just about to trail off into the dark abyss that his memories created for him when an unexpected ray of sunshine grazed his surreal face, and another and another....

Syna would not let him falter and get depressed, cause gods take care of their followers after all, or so it would seem. Smile became present on the face of the one basking in the Sun and the rain, as his silent prayer was cast back through those very skies that stood against his eyes every time he would look up. "Guess i do pray after all... breaking one of my own rules for something so simple... i must be losing my mind again" as those words flew out of him, not pointed to anyone or anything in particular, they quickly banished and melted into the noisy racket that was coming from the crowds going in all directions around him. A rainbow started spreading it`s divine arch over the once gloomy sky, finally showing all of the mortals their place in the world. All lines that divide Ukalas from Mizahar were long gone now and invisible to an eye, except this one... this one truly conquered all of the others. Orion`s mind drifted into a lonely state as he looked around for someone he could actually talk to. "Easier said than done" he thought as all that surrounded him now were people in fast paced motion, either escaping what was left of the rain or hurrying to their jobs, duties and classes. Maybe that was it after all, maybe he should just needed to go to the library, find a good book, and read his day away.... Oh and maybe he could find a good Vantha name somewhere in the books, as he was tired of explaining to random people why his lesser night form carries the name Orion.

He was already at the door of the University when he quickly changed his mind and started moving away from the door, sitting onto nearby stairs. The rain was now gone, ground was still wet, as he could sense what was probably a puddle under him as he sat down, but he did not care. The rainbow was gone, and so were the clouds... everything that made the past moments magnificent was now gone... except for her... except for Syna. Looking up and facing her, he truly thought she was the queen of all the worlds, even the ones that go beyond his own comprehension. "Leth was truly a lucky guy, god or whatever, maybe both would be the best expression" this thought amused Orion as he kept looking into the distance, still gripping onto his hope, that sometime in the near future someone interesting will come and make this a day worth remembering.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Ligeia on September 28th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Image Image Image

Ligeia was adjusting well to life in Zeltiva, more quickly than she would have thought. After only a few weeks she had a well established routine and a few friendly acquaintances. She was happier here than she had been in a long time. Even this morning when she had woken to see dark clouds splashed outside her window – like a swath of grey paint darkening a canvas, Geia’s spirit was yet to be dampened. This place, it was so full of knowledge. Who would have thought there could be so much to learn? Especially about one’s own subconscious. Not she.

As time slipped into the past, Ligeia went about her daily tasks. Under the weather's influence she completed them as swiftly as possible. Not out of fear for getting caught in the rain but rather to prolong her chance of marveling the oncoming downpour from some sort of vantage. It wasn't often that she'd seen the heavens split open and cry salty tears. With luck Ligeia's chores were completed in time for her to witness the climax of the storm, warm and dry from one of the taller buildings: and she was truly awed.

Once the rain started to fizzle out Ligeia came to the realization she had nothing left to do. Free time was a foreign concept to the desert-dweller, but not all together unwanted. She walked aimlessly in the light drizzle, her eyes focused on the young rainbow that momentarily garnished the sky. It was the second one she had ever seen. Eventually, amid all her wanderings the rain stopped altogether and Ligeia found herself in front of the University.

There was someone sitting on the stairs, and Ligeia, always one to enjoy a conversation, found herself perching neatly beside him. "Beautiful storm, was it not?" She asked, her nectar-hued eyes drifting skyward to search for any evidence of the disappeared rainbow.
Ligeia
Lie/gee/ah

Words: 2240
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2010, 2:40 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Orion on September 28th, 2010, 10:18 pm

This broken path I've chosen, I walk it alone.
Though I feel forgotten, you've carved my name in stone.
In these desperate times, this I plead:
when all else fails, remember me.

It wasn`t even a full moment, at least not a long one before his idleness was answered in a form of a most beautiful creature. Was she human? She had some traits of a regular one... but she was different, Orion was not sure even he understood what was going through his mind at the present time but something finally made him realize why is she different. Of course she was a Benshira... but how did he know that, and why does he know they live in the desert, and why does the very thought of the desert make him sad? So many questions struggled for dominion over his trembling mind as he started blinking a bit faster before turning his head towards the stranger. She was still there, it was not all smoke and mirrors.. not all his imagination after all. What did she ask him again? He started sorting out his mind so he could answer it.. the question he just got... and there it was.. such a simple one, and yet he had so much trouble coming to his senses, what`s worse, it was not the woman`s astonishing beauty that made him get lost for a moment. It was quite shameful but the weird memories had played one on him... just this once.

"The Storm was somewhat beautiful... yes" he took a deep breath before continuing to speak: "For a Benshira, you surely are a long way from home..." the rest of the thought simply trailed off as it was not meant to be a question in the first place. Her beauty was stunning... no question about it, but why wasn`t he his usual absent self? His words seemed somewhat absent, but he could peel his eyes off the girl, not even for a mere moment, until he finally looked away, as he suggested to his own brain that it was impolite to stare. He decided rather quickly concerning his cloudy mind, it was time to just banish all those stupid thoughts of the past... it is present where we all live after all. Glancing at her a bit curious he oppened his mouth only slightly to let a couple of soft and silent words break the silence that was starting to lay thick around them: "Care to spare a name?" as chimes passed, his interest for the stranger grew, something about her seemed so familiar, yet he could not pick it out, he most certainly did not meet any Benshira people prior today.. at least not in this life.

Whatever he had done in a past life, he must have been either blessed or cursed by the gods for it. This banishment, damnation.. it brought many pain and misery to him.. but somehow, just somehow all of it ended in many happy thoughts. He could no longer feel bad about losing Loriniel, or about the mysterious disappearance of Khiara, even Taith, a friend who was long gone, not even he was lost, not to Orion`s heart anyway. He had become a hollow shell of his former self, but he enjoyed it, now why was such a stupid thought acting up at a moment like this. Orion blanked out his mind and sat his elbows down on his knees, his hands locking into each other in front of his mouth, his eyes shifting for the skies, he was relaxed. At least as much as that term was known to him.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook