Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Two witches meet once more.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Tinnok on June 17th, 2014, 2:02 am

Try Me, Witch
50th of Summer, 514 A.V.

There was something eternally soothing about water. It seemed no surprise to Tinnok that such an element had been her first when the skill of Reimancy had been awakened in her, why it was a serene pond with not a single ripple in it as imagery that helped her meditate from day to day.

It was the reason why, despite the many dangers the scenery around the Kandukta Basin held, she still felt serene as long scaled legs slowly strode into the comparatively cool water, a Winged Leech resting on one shoulder, long tongue resting upon her shoulder, wings vibrating slowly. Now the fish and creatures of the basin seemed magnetized to her, fish nibbling on her skin gently, a massive snapping turtle taking up a spot to nap on a large rock beside her. She walked into the water until it cupped her breasts, hands hovering just below the surface as fish, turtles, and insects coalesced around her. She heard and saw the news on the basin today, Myrians fishing on the far side, a single Dhani swimming warily to the east. Despite the wariness of the creatures of the basin, there was a peaceful quality to the whole place as well. This was just another day in the life of the creatures of the jungle, who cared little for the affairs of sentient beings. They would come and go and the jungle would be forever, and this filled the witch with peace, of which she seemed to have little of these days.

Tsuya was in Zinrah. Tinnok hated taking the girl out of the city, making her way around the Myrian blockade was hard enough for her to do alone, never mind bringing a young child along with her. It would be necessary on her return to the Tear of the Clouds, however, they needed to return the ruins of old beyond them, to ensure her work from the 30th was well and done, and though Tinnok would prefer sparing the girl any horrors they might find there, if she was to be a Witch someday, it would be better for her to come with her. The good thing Tsuya was more than fascinated both by the Dhani of Zinrah and the caverns that inhabited it. Salamanders, bats, and insects of the cavern flocked to her in droves. Depsite her not being marked by Caiyha, the inherent gifts the Goddess seemed to have given her were potent enough in their own right, and at the very least, Tinnok wasn’t worried about the girl being lonely in her absence.

And allowed the half breed witch time to think about how drastically her life had changed in the past year. She had gone from a devote follower of Myri to a twice marked Witch living in the very bowels of Zinrah. If someone had told her this would have happened to her a bit over a year ago, she probably would have challenged them to a fight, slapped them, or laughed in their face. Glowing yellow eyes closed. If that nameless undead woman had her will…the jungle would be alive with hate, though she knew not the woman’s plans nor her true intent. After seeing the cult of the Returned…that horrifying woman who had floated up in a viscous cloud and goaded the witch, however, she knew all she cared to of Uldr and the things he made of his servants. How could one serve a being so twisted by hate?

But something Tsenrika had said struck Tinnok then, he had said she had had no choice. But if she truly had been forced into that God’s service, why not end one’s life? Seek repentance from Dira and re-enter the cycle, born again into the world? The witch shook her head, knowing the reality could not be so simple.

But what was simple was the fact the undead thing was manipulating Aka, just as Mamoru had. The Reimancer was powerful, skilled, intelligent to a point, yet it seemed she was easily manipulated by those with ideas, plots and plans. She knew not where that devious Dhani had gone, but if his presence was no longer in Zinrah, winding Aka around his finger, so much the better, it was only that she was around a different one, and one Tinnok suspected, was far more insidious.

Lids fluttered and opened as the half breed felt something considerably larger than a fish bump against the palm of her right hand. Yellow eyes flickered to see a massive crocodile, nose tip pushing her hand out of the water, staring at her with a gaze the same shade of yellow, mirroring her own with reptilian accuracy. Her fingers ran over the bumpy scaled nostrils of the great beast, taking a step further into the water and passing a hand beneath the creature’s belly, nails scratching the softer sections of flesh there, much to the massive reptile’s delight. She heard a rumble in its throat, and as she scratched her mind connected with its feeling an idea of the pure power the muscles in its tail and jaw held, and how it utilized them to snap up small deer, birds, and even the occasional predatory cat. Today the male croc was lazing around, full from a small freshwater dolphin, absorbing Syna’s light and gaining energy from her warmth to fuel its cold blood.

Tinnok smiled, listening to the crocodile, her mind finally stilling from her roiling thoughts, but her moment of peace shifted when the hairs on the back of her neck prickled and she felt a roiling in her gut that now…now she knew all too well.

“I not think I see so soon, dead thing with no name.” But Tinnok did not turn away from her crocodile, even though some of the wildlife in the waters scattered, perhaps also disliking Evalin’s aura.

Word Count945

c
Last edited by Tinnok on July 28th, 2014, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on June 17th, 2014, 2:48 am

Time... time was the bane of all that lived and existed. It was the great pillar upon which the world revolved. The harbinger of death and the bringer of life. It's power was great, its power was absolute. It would erode flesh from bone, crumble walls built by man and lend new height to a forest that once was but saplings. Perilous, daunting... It was something Evalin never concerned herself with, until now. Time had become her enemy once more. Time was a force that worked against her, struck out against her plots and schemes. Time stood as a barrier to her that the nuit HAD to overcome. A terrible thing, so awful in its greatness that the nuit inadvertently began to hate it. Still, however, there was a sense of... excitement. For one who did not eat, did not sleep and did not breath, the concept of time meant little at all. It was just the passing of day into night, winter into spring. It was a cycle that would continue over and over again. In a word, it was dull and Evalin had been so far removed from it until several days before. Now, the Immortal Witch felt time weighing upon her, a crushing weight that threatened her with failure and broken dreams. It was an obstacle where none had been before. It gave everything she did, everything she wished to accomplish a new sense of urgency. It gave the nuit LIFE for now, for the first time in so very long, there was the smallest chance that she might not succeed.

A thrill my dear Tsenrika, what a thrill it is. Evalin said as she pressed through the dense foliage, heading toward the Basin to capture 'specimens' for a bit of her own endeavors, How I had forgotten this feeling when time stopped moving for me. It gives new meaning to ever action... It is intoxicating.

Also is it unwise to forget the urgency which the tasks now have been assigned. A kill joy as always, but Evalin could only laugh, Certainly that might be so, but when you risk nothing then no joy do you find in the act at all.

Evalin had tried her best to avoid the blockade on her way to this place, however, there had been a Myrian scout who simply would not have turned and forgotten her presence. Thus a little blood was shed, surely Myri was happy to have her plaything returned to her, and Evalin made quick strides to this place before more came to bear down upon her. THAT particular sense of urgency, however, was slackened somewhat as she neared the clearing that would lead her down to the waters. There was something else here, someone in the water that Evalin could see. Curiosity bloomed in the nuit's chest as she leaned against the trunk of one large towering plant, eyes squinting as she tried to make out the figure.

It is the halfbreed, Tinnok. The familiar said, floating over the woman's shoulder so that he could gather a better vantage point, Surrounded is she by... the wild.

Evalin blinked, stepping back from the tree, Is that... so... The wilds of this jungle were dangerous to all. Myrians, Dhani, none would dare to venture so carelessly into the greenage and surely none would seem so calm when surrounded by so many of the animals that dwelled here. Yet there she was, Tinnok, the halfbreed that defied all explanation. That made curiosity flitter across the scalp of the undead as she represented something so foreign to her. All around her life blossomed and congregated, filling the space of existence where Evalin would only place desolation and hatred. It was like this woman was an opposite, placed before her as a mockery of who she was and what she represented.

Equal surprise arose from the nuit as the woman so easily, almost nonchalantly called from the shadows a creature born to bring death and despair. Something had changed within this girl... and it made Evalin's lips turn downward in a frown. Yet still, Evailn would step out from the foliage, pulling her hood farther over her face so that only her eyes looked out. She wore her usual jet black robes, and in her had was her staff as normally she would carry. Now, however, there were a few new items which the Immortal Witch so proudly presented as a form of identification of her own status. Upon her back was a deep midnight blue cloak. It had an odd metallic sheet to it, but it moved like cloth and unless it was touched its magical nature was not so easily discerned. Around Evalin's neck she also wore the twin scarves, Crusher and Snapper, golems with wooden heads shaped like snakes. They were still and unmoving, but with a touch both lifted their heads, gem eyes turning toward Tinnok as if to inspect her curiously, swaying slightly left and right as Evalin came to a stop, leaning on her staff.

"Neither did I think that we would meet quite yet... It seems there are many surprises in the jungles this day." Evalin eyed the crocodile with distaste, staying clear of the water's edge and making no move to come any closer. It was then that Evalin saw the intricate tattoo on Tinnok's shoulder blade. It was beautiful the nuit had to admit, but before she could dismiss it she saw that it seemed to MOVE, if only a bit. It could have been a trick of the light, yet the nuit had long since learned not to doubt what her eyes showed her. There was great and powerful magic at work here, and deep in her soul Evalin desired to know how it worked.

Tsenrika floated to hover over Evalin's left shoulder, and the Immortal absently reached up to stroke his smooth surface, her eyes never leaving Tinnok, "Never would i have guessed you were so... connected with the nature of this place. Tell me child, something is different of you..." Her eyes narrowed slightly, "Do you still walk the fools path...?"

Words1022
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Tinnok on June 19th, 2014, 2:25 pm

She felt the unease creep more directly into her body, and felt this reaction double and be sent back at her through the crocodile who she was still linked to with her hand upon its stomach. She slid her hand from the water, brushing its nose and sending thoughts of its departure. There were plenty of safe places to sun itself that would be far away from this creature of the undead. A moment of stubbornness flitted between witch and reptile, the crocodile instilled with a sense that it should stay in case something went wrong, but Tinnok smiled softly, urging the reptile.

She was sure that if Evalin wanted to kill her she could, probably with little remorse, but she was almost as sure that this would not occur, for Evalin had discovered Tinnok’s little power…in part. But what could a being that was dead and surrounded by hate understand of her phylonura mark? And if she couldn’t quite understand it yet, wouldn’t this drive her to know more?

With a flicker of water and ripples that beat softly against the sandy shoreline the large crocodile turned itself around and dove beneath the water, off in search of a good place to sun itself. The large snapping turtle remained in place, eyes closed, strange beak like mouth partially open, Tinnok scooping up the winged leech upon her shoulder with a finger and sending it on its way as well. Then, and only then did she turn around to assess Evalin. As she had seen Tinnok’s shoulder blade where a water river climbed up her shoulder to her neck, now she could see Tinnok’s right arm was entirely covered in a similar, yet changing tattoo as well. The water slid into the semblance of a strangler fig from beneath whose roots lay a dark cavern inhabited by bats and insects and moss. Though three different areas were represented, each seamlessly formed into the next, and reached from around her wrist all the way to her neck.

Yellow eyes flickered over Evalin and Tsenrika, recognizing the blue orb immediately this time, and assessing the woman’s garb, far too much clothing for the stifling heat of Falyndar, yet she looked positively fine with her strange scarf and cloak, blood red eyes staring out at her. Just as Evalin sensed something different about her, so too did Tinnok sense an alteration in Evalin’s aura as well. With her garb, and perhaps something else, her presence seemed even more unsettling than she had just remembered. She wondered if this was because of a change with the undead being, or because of her expanded phylonura mark…

“I am done with fool errand, yes.” She said simply. “And I have found peace.” She spoke carefully, not wanting to give too much away. Keeping this woman amused and interested was her only chance to survive, to grow in strength so that someday she needn’t speak with her any longer, and cease playing these little games. “I met your kind in jungle.” She started, her eyes closing for a moment to remember the feeling of the land, drained of life, the unsettling nature of multiple twisted things that had once been Myrians.

“You God, Uuhldeer. I see his servants. I think wrongly that you just wish hate. I saw death, rot, un…life.” Her head had been downcast but her chin rose. “Is that what you bring, undead thing? Do you bring hate that lead to the rot of the jungle? That is what I see, and if that is what you aim, as child of Caiyha, I will be enemy until I join Semele and Dira.”

Word Count608

c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on June 20th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Evalin's eyes watched the croc as it swam away, leaning heavily on her staff as she absently petted Snapper's head with her free hand. It was so strange, the command she held over the beasts. Was this because of her connection with the Goddess of nature? If so then... perhaps she was more like Evalin than the nuit originally thought. The Immortal could have quickly lost herself in the musings then, such were her thoughts so preoccupying at the moment. Alas, however, it was not to be for Tinnok brought the nuit back to the time at hand with a single word. Uldr... Evalin's eyes immediately snapped back to Tinnok, her full attention given to the woman now as the hand that petted Snapper stilled its movements.

She knows of Uldr... Tsenrika floated to Evalin's other shoulder, But to what extent does her knowledge reach?

The more that Tinnok spoke the more that Evalin's heart darkened, Who... who did she meet...? It twisted Evalin's mind for this could ruin everything. Who was so foolish to endanger her plots when they were so close to fruition? But more importantly, where were these 'servants' of uldr and why had she not sensed them before? Evalin had not even been aware of others besides her and her minions within the Jungle. But if there were more...

"I see..." Despite the thundering hatred and confused thoughts that flooded the nuit's soul, her voice was calm. Straightening Evalin lowered her hand and came closer to the water's edge, her eyes never leaving Tinnok as she did, "It seems that you, just as all of the Mortals in this world, fall back upon the paranoia and quick judgments that caused the fall of your ancestors. Truly I thought you were different halfbreed, for surely you know not to assume when you know but part of the story." Eva would pause a good distance from the water's edge however, despite her confident strides and bold words. There she would grip her staff with both hands, leaning it against her shoulder as she stared down at Tinnok, "Care I not for your jungle, for my hatred be focused upon something else. Something far bigger, something of such great Evil that I shall see it ripped from the fabric of the world and scattered as ash upon the wind... but neither do I care if this jungle of yours be a casualty of what is to come. Be it your job to keep it safe then so be it, but should you make an enemy of me know that it was not be intent that it be so." Evalin chuckled, "And to claim to be an enemy of mine till Dira come to claim you is foolish, for in the end you shall die and that righteousness you carry to justify the actions you might take will surely, with time, fade to become the very hatred you have sworn you should never succumb to. Such is the weakness of the flesh, your resolve cannot withstand the wear of the centuries."

Pushing her hair back Evalin would reveal not the face of the Myrian that Tinnok might expect. Instead the face was different. Pale skin and long black hair, straight as it fell past the nuit's shoulders. The structure of the bones and facial features were similar, but overall the body and face that Evalin wore was different than what it had been when Tinnok had last seen her. It could be a new body entirely, but there were not many slaves even in Zinrah that looked as Evalin did. Looking to the side Evalin extended her hand and Tsenrika floated over her palm, "So then tell me... Who was it that you met, and where are these 'followers' of Uldr now...? I would very much like to hear more of your adventure." She said this conversationally, not even looking at Tinnok as she did.

It is a shame... Evalin thought to herself.

It cannot be helped. She will endanger the plans. There is only one course to take now...

If only she had remained out of these affairs. She held so much potential. But a tool is only useful when it can be used, and when one becomes a liability...

Break it beyond recognition and then scatter the remains so that nothing is left.

The Halfbreed will need to die my Dear Tsenrika... Ah well, perhaps we can find another tool to play the roles intended for this one.

Words750
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Tinnok on June 25th, 2014, 3:35 am

Idiot, idiot, idiot. The mild insult pounded against the inside of her skull as she saw the barest of reactions from Evalin when she said her God’s name. This creature was one of death and grace, she either didn’t feel emotions because of her age, or was very good at hiding them for the same reason, perhaps a bit of both. So when she saw the twitch, she knew she had done something wrong. If she had power…power of any kind to back up her own words she would not feel like such…like such an insect before this creature whose power she couldn’t fathom.

As Evalin stepped forward, Tinnok took equal steps back away from her, deeper into the water, which despite its clarity, was murky and indistinct the deeper it became. She felt something coil around her legs, an affection to which any other would probably merit their death or intense fear, but which felt like a comforting caress to the Witch, who was starting to feel a bit alone before the Nuit and her blue floating companion.

She focused in on Evalin, cocking her head to the side. Big words again, she couldn’t process them fully, but this conversation was taking a turn.

Evil? What evil was she banishing? “I ‘assume’ nothing.” The phrase was sharp, mostly because of the correct grammar that was accidentally utilized in it. “I see how you take life. I see how those that serve Uhl deer, not you, take it as well, in different way. You throw life away, but need life to continue un-life. It is…” She waved her hand, water up to her neck.

“This jungle older than you ever hope to be, was here long before you fell into Uhl deer, will be here long after you fail or success what your plan is.” Yellow eyes were taken aback, but Evalin couldn’t see Tinnok confused turn of her lips, as they became partially submerged at her revealing the pale face and dark hair coupled with those unsettling eyes.

She came forward, just enough so her lips were above the water. “They dead, but not like you. Understand?” She smiled softly.

When the anaconda had first brushed against her, instantly latching onto her unease, Tinnok had contemplated threatening the undead female. The serpent would have slithered onto shore, maybe been able to drag her into the water before she had noticed. But the inevitable would have occurred, the anaconda would die, and suddenly Tinnok would be the one wasting life. Don’t run. Not yet. Every instinct in her body told her to flee.

“Can you speak of this evil. What is that you do that will help with it?” She had never considered up until that moment that what this being was doing…to her was ‘right.’ She just assumed it was all to satisfy some craving, much akin to the hungry stares she had gotten from Evalin’s girlish form when they had first met. She had even mentioned tasting her. Other than that, it all seemed to revolve around hate, and what better place was there to be when one fed off of hate then amidst the Myrian blockade around Zinrah. She imagined the emotion was palpable in the very air sometimes when she was on duty outside of the city. Once, and then again helping Evalin get her new body Tinnok’s life had been spared by some divine providence, yet there was something increasingly cold in the undead female’s eye now that did not imply this was going to happen a third time for the Witch.

“If you kill me now, remove the weak mortal thing from way, tell me what is plan, tell me truth. You lie to Aka, lie to everyone around to live in death, what is truth?” The dark serpent coiled around her legs in preparation, Tinnok’s heart racing in her chest. Never had she felt such fear, such strange overwhelming fear and wrongness. Only the abomination of a Dhani that had gone on murdering rampantly through the wilds had instilled a similar thing. Was that what Evalin was beneath her cold pale flesh? A monster? She clearly had more reason and calculating logic, but perhaps that was simply the machines that powered the beast inside of her, and what would happen to this jungle when it was unleashed?

Word Count724

c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on July 7th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Evalin raised an eyebrow as she ran a finger along the edge of one of the engravings on her staff, She seems rather defensive.

Perhaps you have offended her?

Evalin shrugged, amused now by the flow of words the mortal directed toward her. The nuit could not explain it, but some part of her liked the child. She had spirit, strength and passion, things which in many was wasted for they had nothing to protect, nothing to believe in. Maybe, in part, Evailn felt that Tinnok and she were the same. Of course not in who and what they were, but in their dedication to what they believed.

Do not become attached to this one as well. I care not to repeat our intervention.

Worry not my dear Tsenrika. Never would I dare. Looking up and around Evalin could not help but feel a sense of foreboading from the jungle around her. Like hundreds of eyes were upon her, looking down with blood and death in their eyes. It was this more than her amusement that paused Evalin before she struck down the Halfbreed where she stood. There was just a feeling, that if she did then the jungle itself might retaliate.

The nuit's eyes narrowed as her gaze shifted around and finally back to Tinnok, Come to your other form Tsenrika... I would have you stand at my side for a time.

As you wish. The blue orb floated back a couple of steps behind the nuit, his form shimmering to be replaced by a perfect replica of Evalin, though even as this form solidified it began to shift to become the mirrored eyes man Tinnok might remember.

Evalin had remained silent until Tinnok was completely finished, absently tapping a finger on her staff as she switched from gazing at Tinnok to looking at the Jungle and water around her. When she was finished Tsenrika stood once more at Evalin's side, nearly touching but half a step behind her, looking down on Tinnok as well.

"The truth... You do not know what you ask." Evalin said simply, but she looked sideways at Tsenrika and then back, "But very well. I lie to the little Mistress because she is a pawn. I care nothing for her, as I assume you already know." She tilted her head back to look down her nose at Tinnok, "I care not for you halfbreed. I have not the luxury to care for others, to be bound in any way to anything or anyone. Everyone must be a tool, for none can do what it is I have to do."

Looking up Evalin extended a hand to wave at the world around her, "Look child, can you see it?" Evalin looked down at Tinnok once more, "The chains. The chains that bind everyone, entwine and circle the necks of every mortal creature in this world. Chains the color of blood that reach high into the sky and deep into the earth, binding the wills of all creatures to the inevitable." She fell silent for a tick then, her hand encircling her own neck, "I see these chains, and they circle even my own neck to make me a slave no better than anyone else... except I have severed the ties that once bound me. So while I carry the chains, I alone hold them in my own power and volition."

Long nails scratched over the nuit's pale skin as she once more returned both hands to grip her staff, leaning forward to glower at the Halfbreed, "The greatest evil in this world, that is what I fight against. An evil that is written off as nothing more than fantasy or fable, but I have seen it. Fate... Fate that accursed tyrant that rules the lives of all, binding them all to a destiny not of their choosing, dictating the will of others in such subtle ways that they even believe that the choice they make is theirs."

Evalin tapped a finger under her left eye, still staring at Tinnok, "So many have to believe that Fate cannot be defied, that Fate cannot be fought but it is a lie. Fated was I to die long long ago, brought into this world to live a half life of suffering where every day I gagged on my own blood while a father slowly withered in grief before mine eyes. Cruel Fate placed the Man cloaked in Shadows in my path and tempted a foolish, stupid girl into succumbing to the temptations of undeath, and so she was manipulated to commit an act so terrible it shattered what little humanity she had left, leaving but a husk behind." As she spoke Evalin's eyes grew wild, the ageless anger and hate burning like fire in her soul and filling her voice with such passion that it felt fit to burst from her chest, "Fate that lead this wretched pathetic soul to wander through the World that hated and rejected her for making one last, desperate attempt to live a life she was denied. Fate that said that despite her good intentions all would despise her for what she was! That wherever she went she was hated and feared and marked for death. So she ran, city to city region to region year to year until the God of her people offered her power to fight back against the cruelties, and once more the naivety of the child, who truly was no more than a child so pathetic was her mental capacity, accepted the deal with the God that fed on hatred. Thus she was cursed, and became a monster forced by hungers she could not control, and still the hatred around her only grew until she was accepted no where at all. Love was denied her, life was a cruel joke, and now she could not even die."

Evalin practically burned with the emotions that spilled from her. Never has she actually spoken the truth, to anyone, and like a damn it all came raging forward. The truth of what she was, what she thought of herself, "You ask for the Truth... Then know it you shall. The Evil I shall destroy is none other than the thing called Fate that would force a dying child to become a monster that lived by dying again and again. Who would force chains around her neck, enslaving her to a God she hates more than anyone else. That would would polute and spoil every possible hope of happiness with the cruel reality that it will never be, and that in the end she will die alone, scattered to the wind and there shall be no tears. Only cries of joy for the monster is dead."

She straightened then, the cold mask beginning to slide once more into place, "For the sake of this world I shall see this goal accomplished. I will destroy the chains that bind mortals to the will of Fate, to the will of the Gods that use them as tools and pawns. For freedom I fight, and for freedom for all of mizahar shall I become hated and despised. But matter it not... For in the end, the world shall be free. My own existence matters not at all."

Evalin looked to the side, raising a hand which Tsenrika took, his eyes on her now staring intently, "The truth, Tinnok, is that you are very small to me, to this world. Your forest is nothing compared to the scale of which I walk. Your Goddess is no one compared to the one whom my eyes follow. The truth you wish for?" Evalin looked at Tinnok once more, her smile coming back once more, "The truth is that I shall kill Fate himself. I will cleave his hands from his wrists so that they might not be used to manipulate the lives of the world. I will scatter his ashes to the winds, and though the World shall hate me it will be freed from a force that controls them and makes them slaves in flesh. For the world, I will kill a God, and to that end my task in this Jungle shall soon be completed."

Evalin tapped her staff on the ground and closed her eyes, "Truth is a terrible thing, for truly none in this world know what the Truth of their existence is at all."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Tinnok on July 16th, 2014, 7:35 pm

Part of the half breed had not believed the ploy would work. It wasn't so much a ploy either, merely an attempt to pull at the ego she knew this powerful being possessed. For how could one not have Ego, pride, when they possessed so much power? Power that Tinnok had never truly witnessed any being save Caiyha herself exude. When Evalin began to speak, it was like she had opened a door into the undead being's heart and soul, if those two things even existed within her form. She felt her anger and emotion like the heat from her mother's forge, wash over her. If this was the hate she possessed it was no wonder she had gained so much power from Uldr. She still could not fathom how this God worked, how Evalin herself worked, but some part of it did make sense in her mind, and a sadness sunk into her gut to think for a moment that in all the suffering and torture she had endured, it was only a paltry summation compared to what she must have gone through and would still go through if she lived for an eternity.

She felt the Anaconda wind itself around her, its worry, fear, and anger palpable against her skin. It wanted to take her away now, it did not understand the purpose of listening to the wrong creature's words and mumblings. It could sense how off it was, and desired to be anywhere, anywhere but here. Tinnok urged it to stay, just a bit longer. She could not die today, but she would not deprive Evalin her chance to tell her story, for it might be the only time she ever would, to anyone save that strange cold man that stood before her, who was truly nothing like any being of this earth, and perhaps did not belong with her at all.

When Evalin was finished, a strange hush fell over the jungle. This was probably in part that the Desolate One's aura pushed away the living with legs and limbs to do so, but it seemed as if even the jungle itself was in awe of such an emotional display.

At first Tinnok was silent, it almost seemed a crime to try to speak in her stuttering pathetic grasp of the common tongue after such a grand tirade, but she couldn't stand there, couldn't remain quiet, lest the thoughts of this being focus back once again on her inevitable demise. She stepped forward in the water, so her head was above the water, exposing a long neck, her wet hair and shining scales enhancing her serpentine appearance. On her lips was a sad smile, perhaps sympathetic, but it was truly hard to tell, and Tinnok herself was unsure how to translate the emotions she was feeling. "I am small." She admitted. "Below Caiyha, I am no more than an ant who crawl upon ground. I will die, rot, join the earth. I will fade, any who may remember, they die as well, and will be gone." She looked up into the sky, her smile broadening. "Until then I will serve my Mother, and maybe that make me a slave, like all others, but these chain...I put on myself, they never cut into skin, they light as air, and these, these free me from life lived pretending I Dhani, or Myrian, which I am both, and not either."

She looked at Evalin, that uneasiness pulling at her again, warring with her comfort afforded to her by her Gnosis, making the Anaconda roil around her again nervously. "May be you kill a God, but I think then, if you do, that it be Fate still, and you will find new chains in place of one's now. Different...not better." Her shoulders rolled in a shrug. "You can no blame Fate for the choice you made, and no Fate can take choice away."

A hand ran through her hair, but beneath the water her legs tensed, the Anaconda winding its coilis around her torso, subtle ripples flowing through the water. "I sorry, for being an object you want kill, and want thank you for telling truth, there is something live in you, and that is good, even if all else is dead."

And that was all she risked saying. One goodbye and her magic, or strange armaments, or that emotionless being at her side might realize what was happening, as clever as they were, they probably already did. With a coiling, pulsating pull the Anaconda moved through the water, Tinnok's head disappearing beneath the dark waters. She coils slid by her, but her arms fastened around the massive midsection of the massive snake, holding on as it fled for its very life from the strange undead creature that was an offense to land merely by its presence. Tinnok held her breath, knowing she couldn't keep it up for long, the fear coiled in her gut unfurling all at once, dreading a potential chase from the immortal thing. If she lived past this day...there were things she must accomplish, training that must be done to reach some level of equilibrium. She had said in their last encounter she had hoped not to meet Evalin again...now some part of her knew that their similar, yet opposite beings must somehow be intertwined, and the idea of never seeing her again, seemed more like a faint and pathetic hope than actualy reality.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Evalin on July 23rd, 2014, 8:44 pm

Evalin let the halfbreed talk, her face a neutral mask when she opened her eyes to start at the woman. There was a quick tick of anger that flurried in her chest at her words, but more than that there was... respect? Surely not, for the halfbreed was less than most mortals. A cur with petty breading and little significance at all to this world. But she held such nerve that she could speak as she did to the Immortal Witch. She was either a fool, or far too confident in her abilities.

The movement in the water made Evalin's eyes flicker down, and that feeling that there were hundreds of eyes upon her grew once more. Looking around the jungle was alive, all eyes directed toward the pair, and there was this feeling that should anything happen all of the Jungle Wilds would fall upon her. A dark emotion, cold as ice spiked her empty heart. Something that brought a slight crease in her brow as she looked back at Tinnok. Immortals did not fear. Evalin did not fear. Thus, it could not have been fear at all...

As the snake breached teh surface of the water Tsenrika was already stepping forward, res beginning to flow from his hands but the nuit raised her own hand in an almost absent sign, signaling him to stop. The woman was then whisked away, her head flowing beneath the water and Evalin grinned, truly amused and entertained by the display. It was a bold statement, to claim that something was still living in her cold dead soul... Of course it could never be true.

She is a lose end. Tsenrika began, but Evalin shook her head, She is a pawn. One that has grown far more intriguing and useful. She believes I still have some life within these bones? Evalin chuckled and focused on the djed in her throat and lungs, Then we shall have to show her how wrong she is. Show her how right my quest is. Show her how insignificant she shall always be.

Sucking in a deep breath Evalin let loose her voice, amplified several fold by her magics so that maybe, just maybe, Tinnok would hear, "Run you far, run you fast. Stay you far from the nest, for the Judgement soon comes upon those who would chain the Immortal Witch."

With that Evalin turned her back on the water, making her way into the jungle once more.

"You warned her. Why?" Tsenrika came to her left shoulder, just a step behind. Evalin did not bother looking back, "If she is as I believe she is, the warning shall do just the opposite of its intent. We shall meet her again... this I have now assured."

"Still plan you to take her life?"

Perhaps..." Evalin shrugged, "Or perhaps she will come to see as I do the truth of the world. If she does... then I may take her with me as well."

"Or if she should stand in my way, so shall I utterly destroy her." Evalin added almost absently with a wave.

"As my Master says."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Tinnok on July 31st, 2014, 1:26 pm

She aided the Anaconda as best she could, paddling awkwardly with one hand while clinging to the great beast, a single thought punctuating their connection and making the anaconda surface when her lungs simply couldn't take the oxygen deprivation any longer. Her eyes flickered back to the shore, where she could see the distant forms of Evalin and her servant. That was when she heard the shout, the cry ringing in her ears. Another shiver of fear crawled down her spine. What did the woman want from her? She wanted to kill her, but if she truly had, Tinnok knew she could have. To be a play thing of another creature was something she simply couldn't bear.

It's all a game to her, because you are as she says, an insect. But if she didn't pursue, chose to give you a cryptic warning, it means you're still of use...somehow

That wasn't comforting, not in the least. She remembered the way Mamoru had toyed with her, using bits of his hypnotism and his seductive charm. She had fallen into a trap of a deal with him, of her own foolish volition, and sometimes still she woke up with a dread in her gut fearing he would be staring at her with his sickly pale features, eyes boring into her soul, sly grin on his features.

Evalin needed no persuasive magic, however, she had all the power in the world to sway those beneath her, and some sort of magnetism that worked on those lesser than her, making them do everything she said. A fish leapt to her right, and she heard the panicked croaking of frogs, calling as if to see if she was alright. If she wanted to she could have attacked the witch, perhaps even overwhelmed her...maybe. Would that serve Caiyha? Would throwing away the lives of those she was sworn to protect, or had she made the correct choice in fleeing. Her mark shifted in invisble breezes, silent eddies swirling up her shoulder. She should rely on her own strength...even as she thought of this, one arm clinging to the anaconda that made a more languid pace through the waters, she pulled up a surge of djed from her core. A soft sigh escaped her throat, but her enjoyment was quickly overwhelmed witha single minded focus. She ran the current of magical energy down her gnosis marked arm, filling it up lining it beneath the skin, pushing it into her finger tips and cutting off the current at the top of her shoulder. She closed her eyes, deciding instead to simply feel the transformation through her Djed. She knew instinctively how to form her claws, and so too did she know how to expand and make her scales bigger, thicker, like an actual serpents. She began with her nails, feeling them curve and thicken, and moved along her line of djed, first up her fingers picturing the countless Dhani scales, shining in the light, twisting and coiling, always perfectly seamed together. She twisted her wrist pushing and pulling along her strands of djed, feeling her skin change, a thickness that wasn't normally there. It took a chime in all, not as fast as she would have liked, yet a stark improvement from even a single season ago.

Golden eyes opened and a small gasp escaped her throat as she looked upon her Gnosis marked arm. She hadn't bother with a pigment change, that seemed a bit uneccessary. It left her with dun colored scales upon her fingers and the underside of her arm, but where her Gnosis mark was it broke the lifelike images into a beautiful rainbow mosaic of scales archaeically displaying each of her biomes. She shot a quick spurt of djed into her left hand, forming claws there as well and scraped them experimentally upon her scales, first lightly, then harder. Not a scratch to be seen. She released the djed in her left hand, but decided to maintain her right scaled arm as long as she could manage. She had always been adverse to magic, but that needed to change if she ever hoped to face off against the undead witch, and she had no doubt that one day...it would certainly come to that.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Try Me, Witch (Evalin)

Postby Voodoo on August 3rd, 2014, 6:51 am

Tinnok
Experience :
    Observation: Maxed
    Planning: +1
    Morphing: +1
    Socialization: +4
    Investigation: +1

Lore :
    Debating Tsenrika's Message: Prophecy or Warning?
    An Oath to Protect the Jungle from Evalin
    Evalin's Great Evil: Fate
    Playing to Evalin's Pride
    Evalin: Out to Rid the World of Fate's Chains
    Fated to Meet Evalin Again

Evalin
Experience :
    Observation: +4
    Rhetoric: +1
    Philospphy: +2
    Socialization: +4

Lore :
    Time: A Natural High
    Tinnok: A Second Marked Witch
    Protect the Plans at all Costs
    Pledge: To Kill Fate
    Tinnok: A Witch the Jungle Protects
    Fated to Meet Tinnok Again

All Involved Characters
Comments :
As always, your threads captivate me. The play between Tinnok and Evalin is interesting, and I look forward to seeing what happens down the road between the two, their gods, and Fate itself. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, please PM me.

Voodoo
I'm known for ma graveside manner...

Words: 73986
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1) Power Fork (1)