And Miles to Go Before I Sleep (Tazi)

Tazi and Tinnok meet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Tinnok on July 18th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Tinnok nodded and followed Tazi's lead. She realized the healer was surprisingly quiet, and clealry took stock of the land in a similar manner Tinnok did. When you were on the search for plants and herbs your eyes had to be everywhere, high and low, not simply focused on some singular path to get you through the wilderness. When Tazi stopped to show her the moss Tinnok nodded eagerly. "I often use moss on wounds, then wrap a shirt or bandages around it, though I try to clean them with water first, so no dirt gets in the wound when I do this, they are very good at sopping up blood."

Something about the phrase, the familiarity suggested a life lived with constant injuries, but Tinnok did not seem to notice this, instead she repeated the other information as she had about the Vyfox. "Moss takes on properties of the things it is put in, like salves and balms."

At Tazi's next comment, Tinnok's eyebrows rose curiously. It seemed the Myrian healer was more forward than she had first imagined. At her hasty apology Tinnok simply waved her hand. She had had ruder inquiries from people she had liked far less before. "My father was Dhani, I do not think Dhani females can bear half breeds, but this is only what I have heard. And no I cannot turn into a snake, though I sometimes think that would be nice." Truly that ability would probably have had her executed at a far younger age, but it seemed unfair that she had the eyes and scales of a Dhani, but none of their inherent transformative abilities. Then again, very little about Tinnok's upbringing and life had ever been...fair.

There was something a bit odd about the half breed, for a moment serious, but then as soon as the healer mentioned the firecracker flowers she lit up like one of the children she had described. She surged ahead of Tazi now, her feet nimbly leaping from root to root and disappeaing silently behind a large clump of ferns, the only evidence of her presence the slight waving of the leaves. There was nothing the abomination enjoyed more than trying to move as silently as she could through the jungle now, and she tip toed carefully, not in anyway to evade Tazi, but just as another part of the little game hunting for the firecracker flowers would provide.

She found two groupings quite easily, but neither had any of their namesake blossoms, and a part of Tinnok's irrational mind got a bit upset at the children, or whatever entities had absconded with the flowers. It was a lesson she had learned early on to only take a little of a plant or shrub. They would recover and re-grow of course, but it still seemed a shame.

Though these plants were naked of blooms, they still gave off the sweet honey like scent from the vines, and Tinnok continued onward, nose sniffing, trying to catch another whiff of this scent to carry her onward, peeking behind her to check that she hadn't lost Tazi.

It took a few more bells before Tinnok found a bloom relatively untouched, the large brightly hued bulbous sections ready to be plucked or fall to the ground and go to seed. She waited patiently, toes curled around the roots of a tree, crouched down and waiting for the next lesson from her new friend, enjoying the mild and sweet scent of the plant.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tazi on August 3rd, 2014, 5:18 pm

It made sense really, for Tinnok to continually repeat the things that Tazi spoke of. In all honesty, she probably was going to have some difficulty remembering how to do some of the things that Tinnok showed her from earlier. She had never been adept at fighting, much to everyone’s dismay. Drawn from her thoughts as her question was answered, Tazi focused. I guess it made sense really, that the Dhani did not give birth to half-breeds. Did that mean that males were more hated than female Dhani because of what they were capable of doing to the Myrian women? Her skin crawled at the thought. All she knew about the jungle Dhani was that they were vicious, carnivorous, and had the strength of a many Myrians in their mixed form. Constrictors they were called. To squeeze the life out of you just before they ate you.

It was then that the air seemed to change. Suddenly, Tinnok was a different person. Child-like, youthful, naïve. Tinnok was all of these things, and Tazi began to wonder if the half-breed had ever felt this alive in her younger years. Always judged, asked to fight half of herself, never good enough in her family’s eyes – did she ever get to have a little bit of fun. Before she could question this sudden change, Tinnok was off. Tazi stumbled to follow the dancing woman, who was so at one with the jungle. She made it look easy. In the first few ticks, she had already lost sight of Tinnok and was obligated to follow the waving leaves of ferns.

Following the half-breed was difficult, especially since Tazi was trying to mimic her movements. Clumsy did not even describe Tazi’s efforts, but at least she was trying. She hopped from one root to another, slipping and sliding until she had to place one foot down on the ground to catch her balance. Even though she knew what medicinal uses moss was good for, she did not realize that it was so slippery. Leaping from one root to a moss covered stone turned out to be a seriously bad idea and Tazi ended up on her rump. The difference between the two was astounding. Tinnok was a jungle shadow, quiet and easy to miss. Tazi was a gigantic Tskanna that had no idea how to use her feet.

Although she leapt from root to root every once in a while, Tazi ended up settling for jogging through the jungle. Even though Tinnok was polite and made sure to keep her in sight, Tazi had to keep her face down on the ground, looking for disturbance. The waving leaves of light plants were the biggest give-away, but every once in a while, there was a displaced rock that had slide under Tinnok’s weight as she bounced around. If she ever had to hunt the half-breed, Tazi probably would have thrown her hands up and given up before the hunt even started.

Bells passed before Tinnok was successful at finding one of the plants with flowers. Tazi entered the clearing, panting heavily. This was definitely more exercise than she normally got. She kind of liked it. The feel of dirt beneath her feet, the warmth of developing bruises from her excursions, and the company of a new friend invigorated her. Placing her palms on her knees, Tazi took a moment to catch her breath. ”Shyke Tinnok. You are a jungle dancer.”

Once she had caught her breath, Tazi plucked one of the bulbs off the plant, giving it a testing squeeze. It was ripe, the pressure in it noticeable. Without warning, she threw the bulb at the root Tinnok was sitting on. Just as it give a POP, a whirl of laughter left Tazi’s lips. Sure, she used this in medicine, but it was far more fun to use them as toys. The soft aroma suddenly exploded into a heavy honey scent, filling the small area. With a smile, Tazi sucked in the smell, relaxing into it. ”They are called Parrot Beaks or Firecracker Flowers. Children like to use them in pranks around the city. I use them to sweeten the smell of my salves and potions. It makes it easier for the sick and injured to take their medicine. I’ve heard that scouts will use it to scare prey into a specific direction to spring a trap too.”

----
Common - Myrian
Tazi
of the Scattered Bones

Words: 123604
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2014, 4:16 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on August 26th, 2014, 4:09 pm

It was moments such as these that the world sang to her. Every step on a new tree gave her a piece of a new story, the slow methodical feeling that each limb, similar, but unique to every tree. The jungle was also more complex than that as well, every tree generally had three or more lifeforms on it, bromeliads, moss, vines. One step often pulled up multiple layers of sounds and feelings that drifted through the plants as they tried to absorb all the nutrients they needed. It added a completely internal thrum that only the Witch could hear even as the blanket of insects, birds, and frogs surrounded them. Despite the wonder of it that Tinnok never grew tired of, it was a bit wearing on the mind, and so she was content to finger one of the brightly colored flower bulbs waiting for Tazi.

At the compliments Tinnok blushed slightly. It was very rarely that any of her positive traits were brought to light. "There are many that are much more graceful than I, but I try to practice when I can."

She stood rather awkwardly after that, unsure of whether to return a compliment or simply let Tazi continue her lesson. In the end she opted for silence, listening as the woman outlined the plants uses, which to Tinnok, did not seem that grand at all. Scent seemed the least of a plant's uses, but when she mentioned the popping sound working to distract animals, she perked up a bit. Never had she considered that a single plant could help in her hunts. She plucked 5 of the bulbs and slid them into a side pocket of her pack. Perhaps she could use them after bathing as well to create a slightly nicer smell, maybe she could attract more insects and perhaps even an elusive hummingbird to her then if nothing else. It was rare she got to see the tiny fast moving birds.

"Parrot beack, or firecracker flower, good for adding a pleasant scent to balms or using as a noise distraction." She glanced around for a moment, getting her bearings.

"Okay, I think we are close to the spot, follow me. And feel free to stop me if you see any other useful plants. To think I look and listen to them every day but don't truly know their secrets." She smiled at Tazi then lunged off the earth onto a root, curling her toes over the rough bark, she sniffed the air, the lovely honey scent filling her nostrils than ran up along a root a few feet up the trunk and lunged off of it to land on another several feet away. After this initial bout of showing off, however, Tinnok paused and turned back to Tazi. "It looks much harder than it is, but it is like any other skill, just like monkeys learn how to leap from tree to tree, at first its okay to watch where you go at all times, for if you slip and fall it sort of...well eliminates the silence you can gain from this form of travel." She shurgged "I fell down a lot when I started though, that moss is slippery, and its especially hard when its raining." She grinned at this and showed off her left elbow which had several lighter patches of skin that had scarred from her exploits.

With that she began to walk again, but this time much more slowly, to allow Tazi to follow if she wished, also keeping an eye out for more plants that the woman might give her some more useful information on.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Tinnok on February 7th, 2015, 4:17 pm

It only took a little while longer for Tinnok to find the spot she was looking for. The foliage grew thicker next to the water source she led Tazi too, and for a moment the half breed disappeared within the foliage. A loud splash could be heard, and the healer would find what had been a tranquil glistening pool with several small waterfalls feeding into it when she emerged through the thick brush.

In the center Tinnok waded comfortably, legs kicking lightly back and forth, head hovering above the water, turning herself around and around. A cacophony of birds and insects surrounded them, and until the daylight began to fade, the two enjoyed a leisurely afternoon surrounded by the flora and fauna of the jungle.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Una Tanta on March 22nd, 2015, 11:20 pm

Tinnok :
Experience:
    Teaching +3
    Brawling +1
    Herbalism +3
    Stealth +1
    Deduction +1
    Weapon: Spear +3
    Acrobatics +2
    Socializing +5

Lores:
    Tempered Steel: Becoming One With Your Weapon
    Spear: Hand Position
    Tazi: Scattered Bones Clan
    Scattered Bones: Myri’s War and Destruction
    Tazi: Sister is a Warrior
    Tazi: Father was a Healer
    Tazi: Mother is a Warrior
    Konti Are Pale
    Konti Are All Female
    Vyfox: Grow in Cool Area
    Vyfox: Coagulant
    Medicine: Sticks are Splints, Leaves are Bandages
    Herbalism: Identifying Vyfox
    Moss: Takes on Salves Properties
    Firecracker Flowers: Distracting
    Herbalism: Moss Collects Liquids
    Herbalism: Identifying Firecracker Flowers

Other:
Injury: 2 fingers have nicks. Sore for 3-4 days.

First thread I have gotten to read about Tinnok socializing and whatnot, is a nice side of her to see!

Tazi :
If you ever return to Mizahar feel free to PM me for your grade. :)

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous