Closed The Andres'

Our hero and a fish encounters the dreaded Andres'

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Andres'

Postby Markus Andres on August 6th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Others had failed. But Markus had seen miracles before first hand. Seen Yahal turn death into victory. Seen an arrow fly an impossible distance and take down a target. Seen strikes that should have killed someone fumble at the last moment and saved a knight from certain death. Markus had seen much and he had seen S'Essy work the miracles of her goddess before. Felt the warmth upon his own flesh as skin was pulled together and wounds closed up. The comfortable warmth. Soon Caroline would feel it as well and all the nonsense of her lying in bed being sick would be over. S'Essy moved to her. Markus gave her space to work her miracles. There was doubt in her, Markus could see it. Knew her well enough that her doubt was detrimental to her ability to heal Caroline. She had once told him that she had to believe that she could do it. The way she spoke as she promised she would try. Words. Barely sentences. Words uttered and repeated. Did not invoke confidence in the sergeant. She doubted herself. Markus felt a tingle of doubt himself before he firmly rejected the notion. As the healer prayed in a tongue Markus didn't not know, Markus prayed in a mind she could not read. They went to the same goddess, he assumed.

Caroline seemed to shift a little when, to her, the stranger put her hands on her chest. But Markus could see there came no relief over her. Nothing that would indicate that the divine powers that S'Essy was channelling into her did anything to alleviate the suffering. Markus didn't realize he had been holding his breath. Only found out when his lungs started burning ever so slightly that he exhaled. Nothing changed. It didn't get better. Markus felt like a child watching someone eat his candy right before him. Back in those days he'd thrown a tantrum in hopes of attention to the injustice. Markus nodded firmly in response to the apology. The apology to Caroline, however, was met with a wet raspy chuckle.

"It is okay dear. You're not the first to fail." The voice was weak, but sympathetic. Her eyes turned to Markus with the same old kindness and familiar affection of the youth.

The other two stood in the doorway, Michelle undoubtedly went to silence the wailing child with little success, he judged from the near constant high pitched sound coming from the floor below. The older woman, the one Markus had not yet gotten a name on did as S'Essy demanded. Simon on the other hand looked like he'd rather jump from the small balcony by the window than run an errand for a filthy Konti. Balcony was a stretch of the meaning of the word but it had served faithfully for many years. Simon looked closer to exploding than Markus had seen before. He was more torn by this than he had anticipated. But the two were much closer in age than Markus had been to Caroline. He marched into the room directly for S'Essy and Markus was quick to step in to stop him from doing anything that would make the drop from the balcony involuntary. Reason and fear defeated the fury in his eyes and he wisely refrained from being physical. With a raised hand though and scrawny and bony finger raised at Markus' lover. A physical act Markus did not enjoy seeing. Especially not in front of his sick sister.

"You bastard! Remove those petching hands from my sister. She doesn't need any of you quacks!"

"Simon. Relax. Calm down." Markus' relaxed voice surprised him. The ice in his stomach kept him cool. Also made the following threat all the more effective. "And if you raise your finger at S'Essy again like that, she will have to use her powers to reset it when I am done with you. Are we clear?" Markus turned to his sister who looked decidedly uncomfortable with her two brothers at each others throats.

"You boys done pissing your territory?" The mocking tone in her voice was enough to make Markus and Simon lose their bluster. Both turned to her and her focus returned to S'Essy. "Thank you for trying, dear." Markus had never known her strength of character. She seemed so calm about it all as Markus stood there almost a wreck and barely scrapping by and keeping up appearances before Simon. Didn't want that shyke see him breaking down. "Mmm, they don't give any answers. Only apologies. I would also like a glass of water. Simon, would you go get some?" He went out and in came the older woman Markus had assumed was William's wife with the cloth that S'Essy had asked for. To Markus' surprise she closed the door and looked severely at Markus. Who in turn looked confused. So many things he had to react to. Simon being a colossal racist douche bag, Caroline being so oddly calm about the illness that wrecked her body, illness out of S'Essy's ability to heal, which meant it was severe. Finally, this woman, who looked at him like he might be able to save her day.

"Wha-?"

"I don't suppose you have met your sister in law, Markus. Anne, William's wife. Or widow, depending on what happened to William. It is good you came, though sooner than expected." Markus looked even more confused. "What is it?"

"I don't understand. You were expecting me? Why?"

There was a shared look of confusion between the human ladies.

"You didn't get the letter? Then why are you here?"

"I got a letter from William. About father dying and that's it." Another shared look of confusion but this time there was an implication and a hint of something more sinister.

"Wouldn't be the first time a letter has gone missing on route. We should have sent a follow up earlier. A tenday later perhaps. William has gone missing. As has their daughter Johanne who was pregnant at the time and my own daughter, Helen is also missing. We have tried everything to find them. But nothing has come up. We fear they're either dead or enslaved somewhere. Kenash or Sunberth, we don't know." Markus felt as if someone had hit him in the sternum with a sledgehammer. He stumbled back and found the room spinning as he placed a hand upon the table pushed against the wall. William either dead or in chains, his two nieces likewise taken. Caroline sick beyond the aid of healers. There was a rasping cough from Caroline. It was too much for Markus who smacked open the door to the very small balcony and he gasped in fresh air as he looked at the quickly darkening sky as Syna descended behind the mountains that sheltered the city. There was a cry for him inside, a raspy one and a stronger one from Anne. He ignored them and sucked in fresh air trying to comprehend everything. He had known it would be tough to meet with his family again. But he had not expected everything to have become one giant clusterpetch in his father's absence. What with the rest of his family. One unaccounted for, himself, Simon, Caroline. That still left a little over a wing of siblings. He heard one had moved to Ravok, that traitorous shyke. Still left five Andres' who were not here.

Markus took another deep breath as his large hands grasped the railing. Fingers growing bone white as he clenched it tightly. The cool metal felt good. Nice and soothing. Soon he would have to turn back to his family and face the truth. The truth that made his guts tear itself apart in anger. Someone had either killed or enslaved his family. Petching swine.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby S'Essy on August 7th, 2014, 7:52 am

She failed, but that was beyond her ability. Markus only gave a nod. Caroline however was one of the kindest from the family, she gave a chuckle and said it was okay. She was weak and the sympathy in her voice. S'Essy should be sympathetic, Carol was the one who was sick. The Konti gave a weak smile back. It was never that hard when she had to do it back then, in Riverfall. There was a lot case like that. But then why did she feel she would cry now? No she had to stay strong. She have seen a lot like this... she kept saying, but it just made it harder and harder.

The others were at the doorway. She looked back at back. For her surprise without comment, without any face gestures, the older woman did as she said. Went down for the cold water and cloth as she asked for. Though there was Simon, that little bastard. S'Essy looked back with the same face expression as he did. Though it didn't turn out right. He was getting real close to her, which made the healer step back. It was scary... she felt like he would stab her or something. For her luck Markus stepped between them. Though his hand was raised still. Saying insults. Okay there was a limit which she could hold back.

"Simon. FINE! I accept that you hate my kind, you little land-dweller. But for Caroline's sake, CALM DOWN!" Even she was shocked that she had the guts do that. But again, there was a limit and she won't accept this.. not when she was acting as a healer. If it helped for the patient to stop moving and talking and arguing, she would shout. Although she really hated that but it was necessary. S'Essy remembered what she said to Simon right now and also calmed down, gave a big sigh and sat down next to her bed.

Placed her face on her palm. Giving another sigh, she was just waiting for the water and cloth and tried to ignore what's going on, while Caroline handled them. Her face turned to her though when she thanked her. Made it easy for her to calm down even more. A grateful patient always brought up her day... though this time she wasn't healed and she couldn't do anything about it. And just like her they just apologized. So they didn't reckon what she had. "Do you feel pain anywhere? Is it hard to breath? " She tried to ask questions like if other healers didn't. But she didn't know.. she wanted to help her so much.

The older woman brought her the things she has asked for. S'Essy gave a slight nod, as she grabbed the cloth. She folded it, and put it into the water. She pulled it out and squeezed the water out of it, so it was only wet. Gently placed on Caroline's forehead to cool her down as much as possibly. "This might help a little. Easier to bear the fever that way. If you feel we need to change it because it's hot again, just tell us." She told her

Her eyes widened a bit, when she introduced the older woman to them. Widow or not? It seemed there was another letter, which wasn't about a family inviting. But she explained everything. Some were kidnapped, either in Sunberth or Kenash. S'Essy's heart skipped a beat. Though she was just shocked Markus had other reactions. It was his family, he went out to the balcony. She remained in her seat next to Caroline. Was thinking? What to do? This just got worse. "Could you excuse me for a moment?" she said without even look at her and headed toward the balcony.

There was Markus. S'Essy was just standing there, her lips were closed and said nothing. It was unnecessary, like she felt unnecessary just to stand there but she couldn't do much else.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby Markus Andres on August 8th, 2014, 2:25 am

Markus felt a knuckle move under his pressure upon the railing. He softened his grip slightly and felt a rumble from somewhere deep. He was pissed off. Lividly so. There was a destructive urge inside of him growing. Felt the need to break something. A feeling he had not had since he had heard about Fallon. When he had unleashed that destructive urge, on the other hand... He still remembered the mangled men after Kreig and he had enforced justice. He felt that same rage and the fact that he would have to travel to either Kenash or Sunberth to get the same release of his wrath didn't help much either. Only deepened his desire to wrap his hands around their necks. He threw a glance over his shoulder and saw S'Essy there. Silent. Part of him was irrationally angry at her for not being able to heal his sister. An irrationality that was crushed under the affection for the woman. He couldn't be angry at her for failing where many other healers had failed. He bared his teeth and stared out at the city once again. So many petching things that went up in fire. He had imagined some hard times, not that everything had gone to Hai in half a year. He still didn't know what had happened to the other half of his siblings. But if they had only mentioned William and his nieces, most likely they were okay. At least that didn't pile upon him. He hated that the silver lining in this case was that they hadn't been mentioned. Markus sighed heavily.

"Just petching great. Looks like we will be staying in this place longer than I thought. At least your bum will be pleased to hear that." He spoke in his Syliran accent. It was meant as a humorous quip, but there was no mirth in his voice. Markus felt tired all of a sudden. Much rather spend the evening with S'Essy than with his family. Find a quiet spot. A bottle of fine wine and some good food. Candlelight. Leth reflected in Laviku. Romantic nonsense. As he looked at the city sprawled before him, to think he had once considered this home. He had been here when the plague had wrecked the city. Wonder came through him as he contemplated that thought. Perhaps the explained the unmentioned siblings. Died years ago in a plague. Another heavy sigh as he tried to focus his thoughts on smaller bits before the larger picture put him in a fit of rage that would leave Caroline's room a mess and Simon's face unrecognisable. Gods he wanted to smack that douche in the face for the way he treated S'Essy. Markus reached out with an arm and opened himself up for S'Essy to stand by him. Under his protective wing. Show Simon that they were more than friends and more importantly, that Markus considered her far more important than his family and their opinion. He wanted her by his side, feel the gentle press of her body against his side. The warmth of the creamy white skin. Though she had probably never seen him so livid before. He hoped he didn't scare her with the unkind emerald eyes glowered at the city.

"You know you're irresistibly cute when you get angry." There was a flicker of softness as he pressed his lips to her cheek. Hardness returned as he heard Simon and Caroline discuss inside. Anne chimed in once in a while. Markus' glanced at them and saw a raised hand their direction. Markus closed the door to give them an illusion of privacy. "What should I do, S'Essy? I am not thinking clear right now. I feel the urge to slam my fist against the first piece of shyke I see." Markus knew the moment he stepped back inside again he would be a hurricane of fury again and he knew it would be days before he would be calm again. If not ten-days. He needed the clarity S'Essy could provide him as he saw red. Needed her by his side. But, he would not demand it. "I am sorry. For dragging you into all this mess, if you don't want to... I will understand. But I hope you in turn will understand if I am short tempered for the next many days." He looked to her mid-sentence and kept his gaze on the beautiful woman. His lover. Felt strangle apologizing for something he had yet to do, but anger and irrationality was on the menu for Markus for the next many days.

"Tell me when you're ready to go back inside." He said softly. Ready to go back inside. Though he'd rather spend the evening outside. Anything to avoid the rage that came once the details became known to him. Futile rage. Nothing he could do about it tonight. He was too tired to begin an investigation. Too foreign to the city he was born in.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby S'Essy on August 8th, 2014, 9:20 am

She crossed her arms, as she leaned onto the door frame. She was ignoring what was inside. None of her business. Markus looked back at her over her shoulder. Not those gentle eyes were looking at her. It was rather hardened, there was anger in it. She let him down, she couldn't heal his sister. But it was beyond her power and he had to understand that. His gaze went back on the city. S'Essy still didn't move, couldn't move. She had to also tried to understand what was just happening around them all at once. This was just all awkward. Worse than she had imagined in her head.

There was a little change in his accent. Again speaking the way he used to her. Though it wasn't meant for a joke, it didn't quite work out. Neither for her or for him as she heard. "Se-.. Markus.." She was worried about him. This was a big emotional shock. Eyes widened a bit when he opened one of his arm, gesturing her to join. She looked back. Simon and Caroline were still talking. Did she really care what they thought? No she didn't. She stepped forward to him, leaning against him, as his arm was around her. She was just staring at the sea for a bit. Calming herself down even more. His lips brushed her cheek, she was surprised that he so openly expressed it in front of them. He cared. He cared for her. It brought a little smile on her face and felt silly for getting so angry at Simon. But she was fine now, she could ignore him. "One of my charms."

She could hear their discussion also, but she just didn't pay attention to it. Her gaze was on Laviku's sea. For her relief Markus closed the door for them, a little privacy if what not. He asked for advice, for answer something she didn't know either. Her smile's brightness weakened. "I don't blame you, this is just horrible. Knowing you, I would probably call you mad or check if you are ill if you wouldn't react that way." She was speaking honestly. She knew Markus' temper and passion. She gave a big sigh. "Can't we get help around the city? Maybe someone can lend a hand. I don't know about Sunberth but Kenash is in the Cyphrus, far from here. We need to get information. Maybe your family isn't the only victim." She was pondering, but even she didn't know the answer. "Although the real answer for your question is to rest." This was just exhausting both physically and mentally.

She turned to him when he apologized. Her arms wrapped around his waist. "When I said my Call involves you, I meant it. And even without it, I won't quit. I'll help wherever I can, I try my best." She looked at the closed door for a moment. No she didn't care, as she placed a quick kiss on his lips. "We can. Just promise me we go soon. This is unhealthy for both of us."
Last edited by S'Essy on August 9th, 2014, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby Markus Andres on August 8th, 2014, 2:15 pm

The press of S'Essy against his side and the warmth of her body against his arm. It was a comfortable feeling as she gave him her advice. To rest first and as if prompted by her he made a small yawn as he nodded at her assessment. It was good to hear she would forgive him for the next many days. And had forgiven him for the horrible situation they had been placed in - he had placed them in, rather. He felt her arms around his waist he looked down at those indigo eyes. The soothing words from her lips, the promise that she would be by his side. Be his support. Her lips pressed to his and Markus wanted to pursue. Forget about the world about him and lose himself in her touch. But she spoke again, denied him that possibility.

"They can wait." He responded as he pressed his lips to hers. Kissing her thoroughly. Arms crossed hers and went to her lower back. He was glad she was here. He had been lucky that she had come from Riverfall, that her call her brought her back to him. He had not realized that before then. She had been a good travelling companion, but now she was a pillar of support and advice. Markus broke the kiss and spend some ticks keeping his gaze on her. There was a louder yell from inside, Simon being a douche again no doubt. "Let us go back inside. Caroline probably needs rest as well." There was a deep pain in his voice. He moved and opened the door and faces turned to look at the two.

"Tell me what happened." There was fury under the voice. But the time out had helped calm him somewhat and kept his voice under control. "If I am to help, I will need to know everything. Who you suspect, who they dealt with... Everything. If they are out there, I promise I will find them and bring them back. I swear on my honour as a knight." His eyes went between the three as he spoke. Finally resting on Simon, waiting for him to make a derisive comment about the worth of a knight.

"Thank you Markus." Caroline said softly as tears streamed down.

"Don't thank me yet."

"William was trying to save the family. He tried a venture to Sunberth with a cargo of... stuff... when the ship returned, a saique I believe, they were tight lipped about everything. Said they all fell overboard during a storm..." There was a wet cough and Markus flinched and shuddered. He hated sickness. Without realizing it he had taken a step back. "Fear not, they've all said it is not contagious. At least the other's haven't caught it. - But they sail in a saique and some of the crew is still on land. The ship sailed to Sunberth long ago."

"I told them they couldn't trust them..." Simon chimed in and Markus promptly ignored him.

"Where do they hang out? Anyone you know by name?" Markus voice was curious as well as very dark as he looked at his sister. She undoubtedly knew what Markus would do if he got his hands on any of the crew members.

"Sadly no. If so, we would have gotten the wave guard involved. They don't seem too fond of slavery either." Markus felt the calm erode and he took a deep breath and squeezed S'Essy's shoulder. "All we know is they sail in a saique."

Markus tried to remember his ship terminology. If he remembered correctly it was a smaller vessel. Not anywhere near the size of the colossal vessels Zeltiva was capable of producing. It was a regular ship in that extent. Many of them in existence. He... They would have their work cut out for them trying to narrow it down to a single of those ships. But once he got his hands on someone from the crew they would squeal soon enough and spill everything they knew. Tell the truth. Before Markus gave them a Zeltivan cell to rot in. Markus thought about it for a little longer. If they were still alive, they would be in Sunberth it seemed. Kenash was too far away to travel overland in the time passed. Sunberth. Markus sighed heavily. It was only speculation, he needed proof before he went to that lawless place.

"What did the wave guard say?"

"Those scum believed the mer- pirate! Didn't want to investigate it at all." Simon chimed in angrily. "Dismiss us every time I come and try to bring it up with them. Good luck, mr knight, you'll need it." Markus sent a dark glance in the direction of Simon, gods he hated him. Always had. But he did raise a point. If the wave guard is not interested, I will have to find a different way to find the sailor. Petching scum. Petch this shyke. The sergeant thought as he bared his teeth and turned to Simon. "Are you suspecting corruption or do they believe the sailor?" Simon looked thoughtful for a moment and then shrugged. "It could be either or both." Markus nodded and turned to Caroline.

"Anything else? How old are my nieces? William is around forty, right?"

"They're both in their twenties. But Johanne is pregnant. Been so since late Fall." Pregnant? Johanne was petching pregnant as well? Markus shook his head in disbelief and felt the wrath well up in him and he squeezed S'Essy's shoulder a little harder than he intended.

"I see."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby S'Essy on August 9th, 2014, 6:43 pm

No he didn't want to go back either, but they had to. But just for a little time, they needed to calm down, to think about themselves. She gave into her fully with the kiss. Pulling her body closer to his, feeling his warmth. Just for a moment forget the world around her, enjoy the taste of his lips and enjoy his touch. He broke the kiss and their eyes met again. Then the loud yell of Simon could be heard. Maybe he saw them? It would just satisfy her. But she tried to shake these thoughts out of her head. She nodded. "I guess you are right."

They marched back into the room. She ignored the looks and was focusing on Caroline. Markus was asking what happened. Where to start. His voice full of anger. Promising he would find his family. "And I'll try to do my best, they will come home alright." Offered her help as a Rak'keli marked one though the family wasn't fond of healers. But she had to and she wanted to. This was a big burden for Markus alone.

She was also listening to the story. So it all started with Sunberth. Probably they would be there and not in Kenash. Would be too far away. It was close to Riverfall. Markus' reaction distracted her. She didn't move when Caroline coughed. She was used to such things, it seemed Markus was scared. Before she could say anything, her sister calmed him down. And she continued.

No names, no information where they would hang out. She felt a little squeeze on her shoulder when she said that. This was more complicated than it seemed already. Where to start the search, they could get still the guards' help. If nothing else they could help them find more information about the slavers. But she wrong. Her head turned to Simon. Her face showed no emotion at all for him. What he said was worrying her. Even the answer for Markus' question.

But the biggest shock when it turned out Johanne is pregnant. A life within her. Since Fall, her stomach just felt hard. Her face twitched when Markus squeezed her shoulder harder again. "Please Markus, you can do it if you feel so, just a bit careful!" She was thinking. Fall was a long time ago. "Wait! How long does a human's pregnancy take?" She knew it was a year for her race. If her face could become paler. "She might have a baby this season!?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby Markus Andres on August 11th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Markus eased up on S'Essy's shoulder when she chimed up and he looked a little sheepishly as she reprimanded him in her sweet tone of voice. At least she had not yelled up and gotten furious with him. But she asked a question Markus had not even considered yet, when was the baby due. He didn't know the answer to her question either. Something told him it was three seasons, but he wasn't entirely sure about that either. Luckily Caroline entered the conversation again.

"Three seasons. I remember my morning sickness with Helen, I was bedridden for almost half a season... But yes... Johanne is soon due."

Markus felt sick himself. About the whole blasted situation. Slavery was one despicable thing, but enslaving a pregnant woman as well? Markus hardly believed someone could sink lower in his opinion, but they had managed to do so splendidly. His free hand clenched into a fist. Eyes closed as he took a deep careful breath to force himself to relax before he sucker punched Simon in the face for the haughty arrogant way he looked at Markus and S'Essy. He knew the man had his heart in the right place... occasionally at least.. as kids he had been a bastard, but he had had his moments where he had not been a complete and utter jackass.

"We sent a letter to Richard in Kenash and told him to keep a look out for them, but if you didn't get the letter in time, no doubt they haven't gotten the letter yet either." Simon said. Markus could find no flaws in his logic and now, at least, he knew that Richard was alive - though what he was doing in Kenash was beyond Markus. That anyone would willingly live in a slave city was simply incomprehensible.

"Richard is my older brother, third oldest, after Simon and William." Markus clarified to the outsider that was S'Essy. Perhaps when they got back to their rooms Markus should tell her more about his family. If he wasn't too tired and anxious to say such things. Markus saw Caroline almost drifted off before she caught herself. "Right. Well. I will let you get back to rest, Caroline. But know I will do my very best to find your daughter. And your husband and daughter, Anne." Markus said again with a firm angered nod to the two human women in the room. "We will also be going. I'll check in again tomorrow." Markus said as he went for the door. Let S'Essy say he goodbyes when Markus realized something. "What did you do with father? Buried him? Burned him?"

Caroline and Simon shared a look of concern before Simon turned to Markus.

"We burned his body and spread the ashes over the harbour. You know how he loved the sea." Markus nodded soberly, he had no clue his father had loved the sea. He knew next to nothing about his old man. Which made him wonder all the more why he felt so saddened by his passing. Markus nodded again and went for the door. "Take care of our sister, Simon. We'll find our own way out." Markus said as he left the room and went down the stairs outside again. Not realizing he had held his breath before he emerged from the door and was clear of his ancestral home. The place he had grown up in the early years of his life. A place which now contained death and sickness. Racisme and slavery. Markus shuddered at the thought.

"I..." He started as he heard someone behind him, who he assumed was S'Essy. "I didn't expect it to be so bad."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby S'Essy on August 11th, 2014, 5:41 pm

She felt another stab in her stomach. Three season, so the baby was either born or will be born. She was tired of this already. She didn't know how to act or what to say. She didn't have to, she wasn't part of the family. Though it was frustrating as she knew she had to help. They required her help. She looked away from them, trying to not search any eye contact.

It seemed somebody already took actions. In Kenash, though she really doubted they would be there. And it seemed the letter didn't find them either. Explained where was another of his sibling and explained his status. He was alive, or they could assume so. S'Essy looked back up at them when Markus explained, his third oldest brother. She just nodded and said nothing.

Finally for her relief they were about to go. Caroline needed much rest. From the sickness that the healers couldn't cure. The single thought of that just bothered her more and more. "I'll be there as well." Finally she spoke again. "And I'll pray to Rak'keli for you!" Nothing else she could do anyway. She nodded towards the two women. "Have a good night." Then there was Simon. Her face showed no emotions and before she could say anything Markus asked another question.

Of course the whole reason they came here. His father. Burned and spread into the sea. She remembered Markus mentioned that some of his siblings loved the sea. Her father seemed to feel the same way, something she admired. "He will be in good place there." She patted Markus' shoulder. Then her gaze went back at Simon. No she couldn't leave without a word. "Well it was pleasure to meet you Simon, really. Hope I will get love letters from you, land-dweller. Have a good night you too." With that all of her frustration about the racist brother has gone. She was following Markus down and out of the house.

Out at the city again. She stepped in front of Markus as he spoke to her. She looked up at him. "We didn't, but the gods certainly did." No wonder her Call was that strong by that time. "Markus... Do you want to cry?" She continued before he would get confused even more. "I'm serious, I'm not kidding I...I.. ugh." She was tired and couldn't speak Common properly. She placed her forehead on her hand for a moment and looked back into his emerald green eyes. "I know you are frustrated and angry and this is one of the strangest question but.. Markus just let it out now, and I ask you to do so as your healer. We can go back, and if you want I won't even be in the room. I won't tell anyone."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby Markus Andres on August 12th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Markus was quite tired from the long journey. But he felt too angry to go sleep right away. Felt the desire to punch something until he collapsed from overexertion. There were several problems with that, first that he had no clue as to where he would find an acceptable outlet for his anger. Either a fighting pit or whatever this city sported in that department. Secondly, S'Essy would chew him out if he went and did something like that, undoubtedly. Her response to him however took him by surprise. The way she moved in front of him and stood there. He looked back. Still reeling from the meeting with his family. Emotions he did not want to confront or allow to exist. Beyond the anger there were many useless emotions he was trying to sort through. Discipline kept the anger in check, shaped it into something useful, gave him purpose. The other feelings. Shame. Confusion. Fear. Sparked memories of days in the past. Days with his family. Before the exile. Seeing his family dismantled and bickering about what action to take. Ended up taking no action but pass on the problem to Markus. The outsider in his own family. It irritated him. She spoke, offered her support. Or rather. Privacy to avoid showing the world what she suspected he felt. Large powerful arms reached out and pulled his lover close. Embraced her closely. Her familiar scent struck him and there were more emotions polluting his clarity. Markus hid his face in the bend of her neck. Could feel her scales brush against his cheek.

"I don't want to be alone tonight." He admitted as he let S'Essy peek beyond the tough knight he had built up. He hated feeling so bare as he did in this moment. He could be soft and tender, but he didn't want to, it felt wrong. Felt like the world could see through him and point out all the flaws he hated seeing in himself. He didn't want to cry. He didn't need to cry. "Will you spend the night with me?" He whispered, arms released the healer and allowed her to breathe as emerald searched for her indigo eyes. He shifted his balance, waited for an answer. Searched for empathy in his lovers eyes. Looked for acceptance and warmth despite his weakness. The cracking exterior that left him raw.
Last edited by Markus Andres on August 13th, 2014, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

The Andres'

Postby S'Essy on August 13th, 2014, 7:23 am

She wasn't even sure what kind of emotions he could have. She knew hers well. Tired, frustrated, shocked, confused... She didn't know how to react well to this. And if they were her own family what would she feel? Because she was sure she would feel differently than Markus even if not that much so. She would have anger for sure too. And when she looked at his eyes, she saw that. The most dominant feeling in him. She didn't want him to keep those inside of him to rot there. But he didn't want to cry or he didn't seem he would do so. His arms wrapped around her right, and she could feel his cheek on her neck. Like she was hiding from the world around him. Her arms were also around him, pulling him closer while with one hand she was caressing his neck.

He spoke, he didn't want to be alone. This sentence alone cut deep in her. Pulling him even closer to her. She didn't say anything yet. And she didn't have to wait long till he whispered the question into her ear, releasing her. Though she didn't let him. Her arms still wrapped around him. "I will, and the next and the next and even the next." Then her arms shifted around his body, releasing him finally. With her right hand she grabbed his left hand. "Let's just go, we have to rest."
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext