PM to join Shelter (Alaia)

Two very different women meet for the first time in an unlikely place.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Edith on July 12th, 2014, 2:31 am

Edith starts when the tiny Konti yells at her for pricking her finger. Her scaled cheeks flush with anger and she bristles with indignation. Leaving the human to blink at her uncomprehendingly. What just happened?

“You should never purposefully hurt yourself no matter how small.”

Edith forces her face into unbreakable neutrality, but inside she is laughing. Not unkindly, but with a kind of shock that this tiny woman is getting so worked up about something so small. It's absurd in her world, where she messes with the fundamentals of her body as an enthusiastic amateur. But she understands where she's coming from. A woman groomed for healing would see personal harm in a very different light.

Edith tries to rearrange her face into something resembling contrite so as not to offend her. "You're right, I'm sorry. I was just intrigued with your gift."

Still frowning, Alaia none the less ignites her gift. And from the woman's palm glows a soft golden light that pulses with a foreign energy. Edith watches with wide eyes and an open mouth as she passes that hand over her, leaving a trail of warmth that seems to radiate from under Edith's skin. The tiny puncture knits itself together with no sensation, leaving unbroken skin behind. She wipes the blood on her pants and holds the finger up to her face, amazed.

"Oh my gods, you can actually do it."

Alaia sits back and glares at her with a reprimand sparking in her eyes. “Healing is my life … I don’t like seeing people hurt even if it's just because they were curious.”

Edith nods, looking at the Konti in a new light. "You're right, I apologize."

When Alaia unexpectedly reaches forward to pat her arm Edith stiffens as an impulse, unused to such a familial gesture. But she softens under the Konti's touch and smiles at her knees with pleasure. She's so sweet. It would be very hard to dislike her.

“You’re different then I thought when I first came in.”

"Well, you thought I was a cave dwelling monster. It could only go up from there", she laughs, charmed. "And my magic is self-taught. From books mostly. But I was inducted into Reimancy by paying a traveling Reimancer with- ah, favours", she finishes lamely. She can imagine the Konti inducting herself into magic. But maybe something less visually extreme than the ones she practises. Something defensive, maybe? She would have to look up the types of magic again.

"But tell me more about that healing power you have", she says, leaning forward. "That must be dead useful- no pun intended... Does it use dijed? Does it tire you? And can you heal old injuries with it? Like a limp? Or... scars?"

Just then the Konati climbs to her feet and brushes off the sand. Edith looks up, startled. "What? You can't be leaving now, its still-"

Her exclamation deflates on her tongue as the woman strips off the cloak in front of her. Her lacy dress beneath is still soaked, but she must be warming up. And so is Edith, frankly. She looks up at the ceiling as if she's never seen one before.

"For gods sake Alaia, put that back on. I can see straight through your dress."
Edith
Moulder of flesh and clay

Words: 38748
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2014, 12:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Shelter (Alaia)

Postby Caelum on October 16th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Thread Award

Edith

Skills
Interrogation +3
Investigation +1
Meditation +1
Morphing +3
Observation +3
Persuasion +4
Socialization +3

Lores
Morphing: Color Shift
Alaia: Healer
Konti Gift: Origin
Appearance of Rak’keli’s Gnosis

Alaia

Skills

Interrogation +3
Observation +4
Persuasion +2
Running +1
Socialization +3

Lores
Observed: Morphing
Edith: Potter
Edith: Morpher

Notes

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. My PM box is always open. Also, don’t forget to edit your post in the grade request thread to reflect completion.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous