Lives of Old, Forsaken (Redd)

Venser Rush packs up his things and leaves Tarsin's for good.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Lives of Old, Forsaken (Redd)

Postby Venser Rush on November 5th, 2014, 10:30 pm

18th of Fall, 514

I'm done with this veritable prison...

Venser Rush cast his gaze about his room in Tarsin's Boarding House, still destroyed from his outburst ten days prior. He could not forget the time he had spent here. Ages imprisoned here by the fact that his legs did not function. Nearly a season wasted away in the bowels of a mediocre home as Venser Rush wasted away. His physical therapy had helped with his muscle tone, but he had lost quite a bit of weight. However, in the past ten days he had begun to tone his body once again, eating as much as he could in order to return to the body he had possessed before Miro had stolen it away from him. Nightmarish was what the situation was, a hell born in the wooden confines of an inn's room.

But, it was to be discarded now. Venser had not yet sought out his accommodations, but he had already stowed all of his belongings, carefully stowing his legacies in the bag that contained his toolkit, keeping his remaining possessions in his other rucksack. All that he had in the world, which was in truth not very much, was packed away. Prepared to leave, Venser Rush quickly made his way out of Tarsin's Boarding House. Venser Rush quickly paced along the framework of the docks before crossing forward and to a bridge that he had made a habit of dwelling upon.

Despite the water that flowed beneath the bridge, the place was one that provided Venser with a measure of relief. Not quite peace, for peace was lost to Venser, but space from the worries of his heart, though in the midst of his relief it lingered. It built within his thoughts, where Karn was able to sense them and laugh into Venser's mind.

Pitiful. What a disturbing child you are, Venser. You believe that your chains have been lifted, yet your mind keeps them in place. You wish to advance, yet your past continues to burden you. Pathetic.

The Rush twin pursed his lips, ignoring his Familiar until the Kirt continued to attack him in his mind,

Silence, Kirt. You speak of lingering in the past yet I hear the very same in your mind, as well. Here in Mizahar, you are weak. Pathetic in body as you claim for me to be in mind. You wish to grow once again, yet you rely on ME for such growth. You are nothing more or less than a parasite made of ore and rock, clinging to your past ferociousness.

The Kirt would, if it could, narrow its eyes. Rather, it constricted Venser's wrist. The Kirt had taken a sealed form upon Venser's wrist as a shining silver bracelet, riddled with impurities of obsidian and stone. Beautiful to behold and rather discrete as it was, the pressure began to build and Venser did his utmost to take the pain. When he showed no signs of it, Karn relented and fell silent, allowing Venser, for now, the peace of mind to look upon the waters of Lake Ravok.

However, it was not to last. Venser Rush rose from his hunched position over the railing of the bridge. Casting his gaze back towards the docks, Venser considered his direction for a moment before deciding that he was best served going to a tavern to let off some steam. The Silver Sliver was the closest, and thus he made his way towards it, intent on leaving the world behind in a flurry of hazy vision and drunken pleasures.

Count: 592

Last edited by Venser Rush on November 6th, 2014, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Words: 350153
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous Lives, Forsaken (Redd)

Postby Redd on November 5th, 2014, 11:20 pm

Redd had for the most part, rested. She had slept, occasionally waking up and forgetting that she had lost an eye by the hands of Venser. When that had happened, a hand would lift, only for her nails to catch along the bandages there which would trigger her mind to remember the event all over again. Sometimes, the young wolf would get up to pace, even though moving would send pain along her right side. Bruises still patterned the left side of her face, her throat also still bearing its bruise and sometimes more times than not, she avoided people altogether. However, upon this day, she felt rested enough to get up and walk the streets of Ravok, which proved to be a harder task than before, considering that she was now half blind. Determination spurred her on though, as the information that Karn had supplied suggested that Venser would be moving. Moving where? She had no idea, but if she could just follow him from this day on, in order to find out just exactly where he was going, then maybe he would lead her to possible locations that she could sniff out later when she was feeling much better. So, she had pulled on her black cloak and decided to linger outside of Tarsin’s in hopes that she may get the chance to follow him if he left the boarding house.

The young wolf had been leaning against a building opposite to Tarsin’s the hood of the cloak pulled tightly over her face, as she didn’t want people to stare. However, that didn’t mean that getting there had been without its troubles. She was continuously bumping in to people, so she had stuck to the sides of buildings like glue. Now she was just leaning against a wall, with her back to it and her gaze drawn downwards so then to not bring too much attention to herself. She had also made sure to tuck her left hand into her cloak, so then her slave mark would not be showing. As the morning wore on, she was beginning to think that he wouldn’t leave the boarding house what-so-ever and was about to leave when her hazel hue spotted the familiar figure loaded up with a rucksack and a bag. Was he leaving Tarsin’s today? She silently questioned and was mildly surprised about her luck. If he was leaving Tarsin’s today, then that would mean that she could follow him to the new location that he was moving to.

Excitement welled within the woman and she turned to follow him, quite forgetting that she had lost her right eye and proceeded to bump into someone. This person gave her a shove back, and the wolf would have growled if she wasn’t supposed to be following someone quietly. So instead, she settled on glaring back at the man that had shoved her back a couple of steps, before she slowly followed after the blonde haired man, attempting to keep her footsteps light. Although, Redd doubted that the man would be able to even hear her footsteps in such a public place, for there were many footsteps and he was only human. A human that can use magic, she reminded herself as she angled her head slightly to the right so then she could see a little more on her right side. She also focused heavily upon her hearing so then she could hear the footsteps around her, mostly listening to those that where on her right so then to not bump into them. Redd was almost confused when he had stopped upon a bridge and she thought back over Karn’s words, why did he like looking into water when he feared it so? She silently questioned and lightly bit down upon her bottom lip. He was on the move again and she drew the cloak around her closer, as she too followed the man, still occasionally bumping in to people when she let her focus upon her hearing drift off.

Word Count672
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Venser Rush on November 6th, 2014, 1:48 am

The Rush twin reconsidered. His bags, picked up and placed upon his back, were quite heavy and eyes were upon him as he trudged forward and across the bridges in an attempt to find his way. However, there was no way around it. Either he would need to return to Tarsin's, or he would need to find his way to the offices of the NHC. He was more than certain to earn housing there, but rooms were small, just like Tarsin's. The place was even more crowded than the inn, as well. It provided little by means for secrecy, and though Venser Rush was against the idea of it all, perhaps it was best to stay there. He, after all, had nowhere else.

But, that was for a later time. The Silver Sliver Tavern was a place that the Rush twin, particularly with his bags and the space they would occupy, would not be welcome. It was a place that he had been in fights in before, and the extra drawing attention to himself would be quite unwelcome. Especially if someone took to looking at the Legacies that were in his bags. They were not things to be seen by the common citizen. Venser's identity as a mage was quite left to the will of Rhysol, a being Venser did not entirely trust, though he had begun to learn that the protector of Ravok was his own, as well. Shaking his head, Venser sighed and made his way to the Malt House, instead, knowing that Verin and Grayson would be much more discrete with his possessions.

It was a simple thing to enter the tavern, the Rush twin making his way to the bar before he noted that his brother was not present this evening. Part of him wondered why, but perhaps the elder Rush twin was on assignment with the Black Sun, for from what he had garnered, Verin had become involved with the ruling body of Ravok. It was for this reason that Venser had begun to go to the Temple and participate in worship, so as to loosen any residual suspicion upon his brother and make his way easier. It had always been Verin's dream to join the Black Sun.

Venser's dream... was quite different.

Someday I will acquire knowledge that can bridge the barrier between life and death. I will learn to overcome the limitations of Zapatl and bring rise to a strength that is greater. Legacies are a start and a power of fascination, but surely there is a greater strength...

It was impossible for one to believe that life and death were final, transient destination. Venser had heard of the Nuit and personally knew an undead mage of tremendous power. Both were incomplete life forms, devoid of the pleasures and sensations of the living. Yet they were ageless. They did not die. Venser worried of such a fate, tampering with the powers that be. Yet, he held himself back from expressing or thinking heavily upon that reality.

You wish to bridge the barriers between life and death? What a lofty dream. However, you will fail. They have all failed. Failure is your ultimate fate, boy. But I will show you power.

Power.

It was the apex of a transient existence. Power allowed one to separate themselves from the dregs of society, useless and trudging weakly through existence. As Venser looked up for a moment, noting Grayson looking over the Rush twin as he said,

"Is there something you need, Venser?"

"Yes, there is, in fact. Would you mind holding my possessions for me? Just for now? I'll order a whiskey with that, too, but I need to keep these in tow until I can take residence at the NHC."

"A whiskey. And yeah, that should be alright. Your brother should be coming in later, so I'll tell 'im to shout at ye if you forget your shit."

"Great, thank you."

The Rush twin had not yet noticed the woman who had been following him, instead too preoccupied with his living situation. However, he had heard scuffles and collisions behind him as he had walked. However, it was irrelevant to Venser and thus he took no notice of it. It was someone else's problem.

Count: 709
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Redd on November 6th, 2014, 3:16 am

One step, two step. Pause, pretend to be walking a different direction. This were the thoughts going through her mind as she trailed after Venser while she tried to keep her presence a secret from him. The fact that she kept running into people, was slightly annoying. In fact, it irked her because she kept slipping up. Occasionally she would get distracted and as she turned her gaze to view the distraction, she would then run into someone else. It was mostly because her eyesight as no longer on her direction and she no longer had a right eye. Not only that but once she got distracted, she stopped trying to listen to people approaching her. It was difficult to be focused on two senses at once, seeing as she was only used to having to focus on one set of senses unless she was hunting. Now she would have to focus on both set of senses full time, there was no lazy option. It required a lot of effort on her part and the adjustment was hard as it was alone, but once she threw in tailing someone, the task got a lot hard for her. For she had to focus on not only her own senses but the other person’s senses as well. In this case, Venser’s.

A frustrated sigh fell upon her lips then as her one hazel eye watched as Venser seemed to change direction. Where on earth is he going? Was he suddenly aware that someone was following him? This questions came unbidden to her mind, before she shook her head, Venser striked her as a person that would face the person, not change directions if he knew that someone was following him. However, the man did have magic and he could do his magic thing, so maybe he wanted to lead her into a trap of some kind. Redd had to admit, he was smart, but she wasn’t going to admire him, no she would rather not admire the man that took her eye. She wanted to kill him, which was the full purpose of this activity. To tail him, find out where he was moving to, get better at hunting and killing, get faster at it. Then once she was fully healed and she felt sure of herself, she would hunt him down and kill him. Those thoughts were the only thoughts that kept her going, which kept her pushing onwards; otherwise she might have fallen down a completely different path, although just as dark. A frown creased her forehead then as she then watched him walk into the Malt House.

The young wolf stopped in front of The Malt House for a moment, her one-eyed gaze flickering over the sign. With a simple shrug of her shoulders, she pushed through the door and into the establishment. She didn’t wait by the door once she was inside, no, she pressed her right hand against the wall and moved along it so then to not run into any of the patrons within. Mostly the woman avoided coming to places such as this, for the many different smells could certainly over-whelm a wolf. However, she paid no attention to the surrounding scents and listened intently to the people within the establishment, seeing if she could seek out the sound of Venser’s voice. Slowly, once she was far enough from the door, she turned to press her back against the wall, lifting her arms to cross over her chest. This brought a wince from her as her ribs complained about this position, but she ignored it for now. The woman hoped that no one would pay her any serious attention while she sought out the one that she had been tailing. Finally she heard the sound of his voice, but she couldn’t tell as to what he was saying for the rest of the noise within the Malt House was enough to drown him out.

Word Count659
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Venser Rush on November 6th, 2014, 4:15 am

There was a time for Venser to be reflective and inwardly directed. However, today was not that day. The Rush twin had no intention of living inside of his mind, seeking to rid himself of the memories of helplessness that ravaged his psyche. So many days confined within his room. The worsening of his condition. The failures that riddled his physical therapy. Though ultimately there was success, the success was met with distate. And such a taste filled his mouth. It flooded it with a sourness that he could not stop. And so, he sought to dull it. The Rush twin toasted Grayson before pressing the rim of the glass to his lips, tipping his head back. Quickly, VEnser tossed back the glass of whiskey, a smooth burn riddling his throat.

It was enjoyable, however, it was also painful. Venser did not enjoy drinking nearly as much as his brother did. It was rather bitter at times, strong at others. Two drinks would send Venser's head in a spinning flurry of grogginess. However, part of him wanted the grogginess. However, Karn did not. The Familiar clenched again around Venser's wrist before he projected into the Rush twin's thoughts.

What are you doing? You think that by seeking this distraction, that you will overcome? How foolish. This... intoxicant will do nothing for you. In fact, it is distracting you. Look around, boy. I have seen what you have not.

The Rush twin arched his eyebrows as the Familiar spoke into his thoughts, curiosity obvious upon his features, causing Grayson to look at the boy quite strangely,

"What're you lookin' at, kid?"

"Errr, I apologize, Grayson. I was reading the labels on the bottles of whiskey."

"From so far?"

A grin materialized upon Venser's lips as he nodded,

"I have excellent vision."

The lie carried from Venser's lips, the smile perhaps making the lie more believable for Grayson dropped the issue. Either that, or the bartender simply didn't care. It was most likely the latter, but Venser was in the process of turning around before he was cut off by Karn,

Not so quickly, boy. You might scare our little guest away. The Kelvic, Redd... It seems that she has followed you. What will you do?

Why should I do anything at all? She means nothing to me.

You ripped out her eye and she means nothing to you? Ha! You might be more heartless than I am, Venser. No, you idiot, I am implying that perhaps she has her own agenda.

The Familiar was careful to deceive Venser as he had deceived Grayson, intent on not thinking about his own plans while subtly manipulating Venser to participate in them. It was a game that the Familiar so thoroughly enjoyed.

I suggest you leave. See if she follows you out...

You're right. Fine, I'll see myself out.

The Rush twin quickly drained his whiskey before placing the payment inside of the cup. He stood up and looked to Grayson,

"I'll head over there now. I'll be back for another whiskey later. Have it ready for me."

The Rush twin winked at Grayson before making his way outside of the establishment. Turning a corner, he made his way into the alleyway between the Malt House and its adjacent building, his walk deliberately slow once he made his way out of the Malt House.

This is your idea, so I will ask that you tell me when the Kelvic is nearby.

Oh, I'll let you know when Redd is nearby. That's her name, by the way. Hoe does it feel, Rush? That a 'weak' frog could pull the name out of the Kelvic while you failed so gloriously?

Shut up, Karn. Just tell me when she's following me. I'll take it from there.

Count: 629
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Redd on November 6th, 2014, 5:03 am

Noise after noise filled her head as she sifted through the many sounds trying to push out some while chasing the one that she wanted. Venser didn’t seem to talk much, not that it really mattered, for she wasn’t tailing him to find out information… Yet. She was tailing him to see where he was going, although sometimes that was a mission on its own. Redd sifted and sought, hearing his voice every now and then but not the words he said. She was tempted to look up in order to identify the source, by she didn’t want to risk anyone seeing her face, not that it mattered really. The young wolf had already seen how some people looked at her, mostly because she had looked up once or twice when she had accidentally bumped into someone. Her remaining hazel hues noted the different expressions, shock, pity, disgust and even some of them had become horrified with what they saw. She was a new type of beast now, one that bore fading bruises and had a missing eye. It was just simply luck for her that she had already been re-arranging her mentality that she had finally decided to not give a damn about the human perception.

Master Miro had not asked her to care about the human mind, he hadn’t told her that she should take into consideration the human wants or their opinions about her. After the attack from Venser, she couldn’t even begin to care about what they wanted or how they thought about her. Redd had begun to learn to embrace the beast within, to accept it and the moment that she had, she had felt a lot lighter. The pain that she felt, had become a lot less painful and she felt free in her own mind. Once she had embraced the beast, she didn’t have so many worries, her cares had become less and the only thing she did care about was revenge. Of course, she cared about her Master; it was her job to care about him, but she also cared about the loss of her right eye. Her arms slowly unfolded as she lifted her right hand to gently placed over the bandages that covered the right eye socket. Wolves rarely forgot those that had wronged them and in a sense she had always been more wolf than man, so it only made sense that she did not forget about the loss of her right eye and who took it.

It was then however, that she caught sight of a particular Rush, standing up and turning towards the door. Her hand dropped from her face as she silently watched him leave through the door. She waited for a moment, not giving chase just yet, for she wanted some distance in between them. Redd then straightened her form and made her way to the door, only bumping into one patron. She barely turned to acknowledge the enraged patron before she left the establishment via the same door that Venser himself had exited through. Once out upon the street, a soft growl fell onto her lips as she realized that he must have taken a sudden turn somewhere, for he was no longer in sight. Slowly, the wolf drew in a deep breath, taking in the many scents that occupied the vicinity. She sifted through them and caught Venser’s scent. She turned her head one way and then the way, her steps slow as she began to follow his scent that was much more recent than the one from when he had come into the Malt House. A wolf could tell the difference from fresh scents to older scents, because a fresher scent was much more richer than an older one. Finally, she turned down into the alleyway and a question popped into her head, why would he go down here? Then realization dawned on her, it was a trap.

Word Count656
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Venser Rush on November 6th, 2014, 6:11 am

She's here.

The Rush twin had taken several steps in, about thirty meters into the alley way. The Familiar had, as promised, alerted Venser to the Kelvic's entrance into the alley. A smirk cast upon Venser's lips as he listened for her footsteps, hearing them echo. Her realization, though Venser would not realize it, came just as Venser Rush had begun to pull at the fabric of his djed. A breath filled his lungs as he pivoted on the spot. Venser sough to implement the Flux, siphoning djed from the musculature of his right arm and upper back, the entire right side of his body slumping slightly. However, it was irrelevant. The Rush twin's body retained his balance as he pivoted, his movements quick and precise as he implemented the Flux into his calves. The ease of movement with the strength of muscles was magnificent, pleasure from unleashing the magic welling in his thoughts as he stepped forward.

Perhaps Redd, for Karn had told Venser her name, seemed to dawn on some sort of comprehension as he turned, the Rush twin bolting forward. Arms did not pump as he lunged forward, his left arm raising with the intention of catching her. Reaching out, Venser intended to catch the Kelvic by the cloak that she wore near the collar. If he was on target, Venser's fingers would close upon the material of the cloak, the Rush twin pulling at his djed for a second time, the djed from his calves pulling back up and returning it to his place. He doubted he needed it anymore with the extent of the woman's injuries. He would pull upon her cloak, intent on pulling the Kelvic towards him.

Venser's hand would, if all went as he wished, pull the Kelvic close to him, a grin cast upon his features as he deliberately pressed his chest to hers and stepped forward.

"Are you following me, Kelvic? How odd... It very much seems like you like putting yourself into this situation. Anyway,"

The Rush twin would then push the Kelvic forward with force, intent on sending her against the wall,

"Why are you following me? If you answer, perhaps I will let you go. If you don't..."

The Rush twin did not smile this time, his lips pulled into a grimace as he raised his hand to his left eye, mimicking the motion of pulling it out before a chuckle sounded from his lips. Venser so enjoyed power over a person. This Kelvic deserved her fate, defying her status as a slave and instead seeing herself as something greater. Venser knew not the extent of her relationship with Miro, but obviously the undead had not properly trained her. Or perhaps Miro, as he had demanded of Venser, merely wanted her loyalty. It seemed that the undead was not one for measuring to societal standards. Perhaps that was true in this case, as well.

Tell me why you pursue me, now."

Count: 494
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Redd on November 6th, 2014, 7:10 am

Redd didn’t know why she hadn’t seen it coming, or why she didn’t realize that the alleyway was a good spot for him to launch a trap and capture her in his grasp. A dark alleyway was a good spot to capture and confront someone, it was dark and away from the prying eye, she should have suspected such a move before she even entered the alley. Instead, she had been more worried about a trap in the open with the many seeing eyes. The realization had come too late and she only managed to take one step back, before he lunged forwards using that quick speed he had. His fingers grasped her cloak just as she had been about to turn and run back the way she had come. She felt the material at the collar bunched in those fingers of his and then, he pulled her closer to her, her ribs protesting these movements as she found herself forced to face the blonde man. Her hazel hue peered up at the male as he stepped closer to press his chest to hers; it made her silently glad that the hood of the cloak was still shadowing her facial features. For surprise had flickered over her face, before she pushed it to the side listening intently to his spoken words.

She honestly wondered as to what kind of situation that he thought that she liked putting herself into, it wasn’t the same situation as before, for he seemed to be a lot calmer than before. She then felt his hand go to her waist before he pushed her back into the wall behind her, a small cry parting her lips as her ribs sent stabbing pains through her form. Her nostrils flared for a moment as she took a deep breath to quell the pain, her left arm lifting to wrap around her form with the palm pressed gently over the location of her broken ribs that were located on her right side. With these movements, the hood of her cloak did fall off of her head and her brindled red tresses spilled around her shoulders and she looked up into the man’s blue eyes. Well, blue eye considering she no longer had that wide field of vision. However she watched as he threatened to remove the last remaining eye she had if she didn’t tell him why she had been following him. Yes, you would enjoy that wouldn’t you. She bitterly thought as she pressed her lips together, holding back a growl that threatened to work its way to them.

The young wolf was tempted to simply ignore him, to lunge at him and attempt to bite him. Instead though, she reminded herself that now was not the best time to fight, especially wounded as she was. Redd wanted to have her revenge, which meant having the upper hand and she most definitely did not have the upper hand in this situation. So it meant that she may just have to throw him off, for she wasn’t about to say that she was going to kill him. The kelvic angled her head slightly to her right so then her gaze could peer up at him. Slowly, she inhaled, calming herself as she wanted nothing more than to run, run and fight another day. However, she remained and instead, simply replied to the man in a mocking tone of voice. ”Maybe, I just missed your charming personality.” At this, a smile curved her lips as she took a step towards him, ”Maybe, I missed your rough embrace and how excited you become when you inflict pain upon my body.” She dared one more step towards him, before she paused, ”Or maybe, I was just in the neighborhood and wanted to say hi…” Another pause came forth, before she dared to say his name, ”Venser Rush.”

Word Count646
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Venser Rush on November 6th, 2014, 8:27 am

The Rush twin listened very intently to Redd as she spoke, eyebrow arched as her words hinted at a playfulness that the Rush twin's aggressively corrupted mind had not taken into account before. The hints of a smile tugged upon his lips at her first sentence. The second produced a smirk. By the last, the woman close enough for him to touch yet again, came with a laugh that brought a grin upon Venser's lips. The laughter did not subside, adrenaline still coursing through the Rush twin's body as a result of the Flux. He reveled in the sensation and laughed all the more, uncommon mirth present in both his mind and body. The Familiar was utterly baffled, and remained silent, calculating as it neglected to share its thoughts with Venser.

If Venser cared, perhaps he'd question it. However, he was glad for the Kirt's silence. Rather, Venser stepped forward so that Redd was immediately in front of him again, the blonde lifting her chin to the side slightly. Then, if able, Venser Rush would press his lips to the Kelvic's. He held the kiss for several moments, his right hand raised to press to her jaw at her right side before he pulled away, the smirk still cast upon his features. Karn, baffled before was now completely at a loss.

For what Venser defined as dominance of a situation was entirely different than Karn's. Karn's sought to control the mind through manipulation, using words both insulting and flattering in order to bring others to acquiesce that his reasoning was correct. Venser's was control of the situation. Adaption and reception of what transpired about him was his strength. He did not thrive on pushing others to believe as he did, for he didn't care. Venser desired to obtain what he desired and cared little for how and to what end it was obtained.

When the Rush twin was finally able to see into Redd's eye again, his grin was tantamount, the blonde reveling in his control as he said,

"Wanted to see me, eh? That's believable,"

Sarcasm dripped upon his words, however, he immediately moved forward, not feeling the need to press her for an answer to a question he already knew the answer to,

"Well, you got the rough embrace again, didn't you? I could always cause you some more pain, too. I certainly didn't expect for you to try stalking me. I'd have expected a dagger in my throat before seeing you in a bar."

The Rush twin shrugged before he decided to ask again. He already knew her name but to say it without having known it already was strange. It would lead to Redd's own questions and he'd rather not have to kill her and deal with the cleaning of a mess and hassle of hiding the body. After all, this was Miro's slave.

"Well, in any case. What is your name, slave? I'd rather become aware now than have to coax it out of you, hopefully more successfully than the last time I tried."

There was the smirk that continued to play upon Venser's lips. There was a laugh that escaped his lips next. And again, a step forward. Venser Rush pressed his body to Redd's again, his eyes moving to the bandaged right side. Curiosity was prevalent upon his features. Venser wanted to analyze the wound beneath the bandages, and perhaps he would if Redd showed signs of continued resistance against him. Venser Rush was not to be denied by a Kelvic.

And there was no need to take such drastic measures. The wolfband was useful in its own way, but far, far too severe. He'd use it in battle, for it would ensure his victory, but it was not required within the city of Ravok. It occurred to him to use Auristics, but he felt that for the moment, it was not necessary.

All in its due time.

All in due time? Since when have YOU been patient?

There is much that you've yet to learn about me, Karn. For if I was not patient, then I would have killed myself listening to your mindless rabble for half a season.

Count: 697
Last edited by Venser Rush on November 6th, 2014, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Redd on November 6th, 2014, 9:34 am

The situation it seemed, quickly spiraled out of her hands and confusion swept over her as the man before her just seemed to laugh. Then, almost as if a switch had been flicked inside of the man's head, he stepped forwards, angled her chin skywards and kissed her. She had only ever been kissed once before and that was because she had kissed them first. This was something that she hadn’t been aware would be the result of her words. A hand soon pressed to the right side of her face and although she was pretty sure that this kiss was all just him, she knew that she was enjoying this far too much and she had applied just a little pressure back onto his own lip. If only just a little, as her one eye slid closed. As he pulled back, confusion was mounting fast. What the petch just happened? She growled at herself as she tried to catch up to the situation at hand. While pain riddled her body, confusion scrambled her mind and she tried desperately to catch up to the situation as something deep within herself stirred. Slowly, her hazel hue opened to peered up at Venser, the grin clear upon his lips. He had seized control, yanked the carpet straight out from underneath her feet.

You idiot! She told herself as she listened to him speak. She was going to exact her revenge upon him, she will kill him and she couldn’t let these events happen too often. It was the only thing keeping her going and she needed to keep that in the fore-front of her mind. He was the enemy and she couldn’t let herself get caught up in the way that he… She felt him press his form up against her own and surprise flittered across her features before she noted him take notice of the bandages that covered her face. It seemed that he really did like seeing her injured and on some note, a very far away one where she hoped to bury it, she enjoyed it just that little bit. For it distracted her, it made her feel alive, like she wasn’t just a kept wolf. Yes, pain made her feel just that little bit alive, it made her feel like she present and awake. Keep your head in the game, she scolded herself, she had distracted him from her real purpose of trying to find out where he was moving to. However he was making her feel things that she was sure that she didn’t want to, especially considering she wanted to kill him.

The young wolf blinked then as she realized that he had asked for her name and she was inclined to give it to him, considering she knew his. ”It’s uh…” She took a step back away from him, so then she could think with a clear mind. Without that stimulus of pain and pleasure mixing in. ”Redd, my name is Redd.” She finally said, her tone more firm now that she had taken a step back. She felt as if she was gaining control once more of her thoughts and she pressed her palm against her right side more firmly, sending jolts of pain back through her body. She shook her head then as she took another step back, forgetting about the wall behind her and her back made contact with it. Shyke, she thought to herself. She would have to hope that Venser didn’t decide to follow her along for she was only just getting herself back under control. ”So… Now that I have done my neighbourly duty of saying hi… I should leave now.” Yes, a firm retreat was in order, she had to get her head back in the game so then she could plot his demise.

Word Count636
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes