Closed I Don't Believe In Coincidences [Pulren Marsh]

A coincidence maybe?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

I Don't Believe In Coincidences [Pulren Marsh]

Postby Sherashadiss on October 31st, 2014, 1:38 am

Day 49, Autumn, 514 AV
~23rd Bell, The Pig’s Foot Tavern

The mug of ale sat before her upon the wooden table, a table that happened to be located in the back corner of The Pig’s Foot Tavern. Next to her drink, was her booted feet that were crossed at the ankles and had been propped up beside her drink as she leaned back into her chair. The woman was dressed as she normally was, a black pair of pants, her black hooded coat, her white shirt and finally, upon her hands were a pair of black gloves. The hood of her cloak however, had been pushed back, mostly because she had realized that her client was not coming. Whether it was because they had met an unfortunate end, she did not know. However, her head was angled backwards, so her grey hair patterned with black, seemed to hang in the air, however short it was. Her crimson gaze was simply closed, mostly because she did not wished to be disturbed. For she was enjoying her drink at a slow pace, so then she wouldn’t end up as one of the blundering idiots along the streets that were commonly found out and about at this time of night.

Slowly, she lifted her arms to cross over her chest, however, the fingers of one hand had slipped into her coat so then they lightly rested upon the hollow pommel of the dagger that she carried everywhere with her. One could never be too careful when they were alone and pale looking as she. They might think that she was some kind of weak target, although to some she probably was, considering that her sub-race was known to be the weaker of the Dhani. However, they were the fastest among their race and it gave her a slight edge in any kind of situation. Business had been rather quiet for the poisoner and she briefly wondered if that was because of the Dhani that arrived by sea. The ones that were being captured and sold for 100 GMs. This new sub-race of Dhani was very new to Shadiss and while it made her curious, she also knew that it wasn’t just the Dhani that arrived from the sea that the citizens of Sunberth were chasing down. They were chasing down any kind of Dhani and it had made her keep her presence to a minimum unless she had to visit a client. For now however, she felt some-what confident that she was safe within the walls of Pig’s Foot, but she knew that it would be a different story once she left these walls.

Silently, she listened to those around her. It was fairly busy at the moment and it didn’t surprise her one bit, for it was almost the middle of the night and she hadn’t been bothered to go home just yet. Soon, she told herself, soon. She wanted to see what the night would bring, however she couldn’t be sure that it would be fruitful at all and she was tempted to go home right then and there. The woman would then reigned in her patience as she drew in a deep breath, slowly releasing it before she returned back to listening to the drunken men and women all around the room. Most were interested in talking about getting laid, although she was fairly certain that they would end up like the man that she had left behind in this tavern earlier on in the season. That guy could barely walk, in fact, it was what made her less inclined to go off with a drunken guy. It wouldn’t exactly be the kind of experience that she was looking for, especially if the man kept turning away to vomit. Plus their grip wouldn’t exactly be as rough as she wanted it to be, it would be light and soft, even she would be able to over power them and she was a viper Dhani. Her thoughts returned to that one man that she had met at the Springs and had found that he was known as Palaren. He knew just how to handle her and he had said that they would meet again, however it didn’t seem like it was meant to happen. She figured that something must have happened to him and she couldn't help but think about how much of a pity that was.

LedgerMuge of ale: - 4CMs
In The End...
We Are Just Pieces on a Board
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Words: 82836
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2014, 6:33 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 2nd, 2014, 7:30 am

Night stank in Sunberth. It probably had to do with the stoking and adding to of the great slag heap in the middle of the city. During the day, it stank just as much, but at least there were unwashed bodies and the sale of gamey meats to mix with the burning. Not so much once Syna slept. It had been a fairly boring shift at the Row, which suited the Zeltivan just fine. Action , while stimulating in most scenes, didn't sit too well with him where helpless children were involved.

While the Quay and familiar faces called to him, there was an equal chance that no one would be there. Most of the residents and visitors were more active at night and the Andres', his housemates, so to speak, tended to bed down rather early. Or at least S'Essy did. This left him with the idea to wet his whistle at the Pig's Foot. Surely something exciting would be going on there. He usually drew plenty of attention with his armor, trident and shield, especially with those who were fueled by liquid courage. He didn't really feel like fighting, but it beat standing and watching for a shift easily.

The tavern soon came into view and the few outside who were loitering about went right ahead with the shifty eyes in his direction. Pulren just ignored them and entered, his eyes set to scanning the room. It was a daily detail of late as he learned more and more of Web's tutelage. Never miss a detail. Of course, he had to do this in a manner that didn't attract attention, but in his current state, he settled for the old 'looking for a familiar face' bit. Head cocked up with eyebrows, scanning heads and faces until....wait, what was that?

It appeared the exercise would have a very believable outcome in this case as the one and only Viper sat in the corner, her crimson eyes hidden by lids, though only a fool would truly believe her asleep. Knocking twice on the bar, a silver miza came out in Merv's direction. "Two ales, if you will, Sir." They were poured and the change kept, as expected. A mumble of 'Your Excellency' came out of the corner of Merv's mouth, something Palaren expected as a foreigner, though he believed all Sylirans were brothers. Not really as common a sentiment as one might think.

Stepping over to her table, shield and trident in the left hand, two mugs by the handles in the right fist, Palaren cleared his throat before his former lover. "Care for some company?" He hoped she did, indeed.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on November 5th, 2014, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sherashadiss on November 2nd, 2014, 8:36 am

Shadiss’s thoughts had well and truly move on to poisons by the time that he had approached her table. She had actually begun to think of what herbs that she wanted to experiment with in order to reach certain goals. However, if she did that, she would have to use herself as a test subject and she didn’t exactly feel like feeling the long term effects of the poisons that she made, so she would need Jile berries close on hand. The one thing that she really hated about doctors, was because they mostly had Jile berries on hand which meant that her precious poisons would be all for nothing. All that work and effort, even the care and attention that she put into it, would all be cured by some Jile berries. The woman had to return her thoughts back to possible combinations of herbs that she might be able to combine to put into a poison. However, just as she was about to turn her thoughts to a couple of herbs that she was familiar with, she heard footsteps begin to approach her table. The woman had hoped that no one would approach her, but it seemed that it wouldn’t be the case upon this night and the hand that had been tucked into her jacket, tightened around the hilt of the dagger tucked away there.

A familiar voice reached her ears and slowly, her lips would curve into a smirk of some kind as she recognized the voice from those many, many nights ago. She lifted her head so then she could open her right eye to confirm the source of the voice. The moment that she spotted the dirty blonde hair and the green eyes, her left eye soon opened as well. Her crimson gaze reflected the humour that she felt within, mostly because she remembered that earlier, her thoughts had turned to the male that now stood in front of her holding two mugs of alcohol and what appeared to be a weapon of some kind paired with a shield. She had wondered as to whether Sunberth had swallowed him whole, but now she could see that he was well armed to defend himself. She didn’t know whether he could use it, but she figured that it was best to assume that he could, considering that underestimating someone was a bad idea within this city. Slowly, she dragged her booted feet off of the table before her and placed them upon the wooden floor. Her hand would let go of the hilt of her dagger, before she slid her hand out of her jacket. ”What? No ‘You were the naked lass in the springs?’” Her smirk grew a little wider, before she scooted her chair closer to the table.

The woman would then gesture to an empty chair, one that her client was supposed to take but did not show. ”Oh please do join me, your company is more than satisfying.” She chuckled softly, a shake of her head was given and then her right hand grasped the handle of her mug so then she could finish of the last vestiges. Once she had placed the mug back down, she slowly slide the mug away from her form, her tongue darting out to slowly slide along her bottom lip. Oh she could remember that night in complete detail and it made her wonder whether he had by chance stumbled across her upon the very night that her client decide not to show. She would say that she believed in coincidences, but that would be a lie and she refused to tell lies to herself. Unless of course it involved poisons and someone telling her that she couldn’t do something, then she would lie to herself if it meant making that lie would become a truth. She wouldn’t back down from a challenge, especially when it was with poisons. However, that didn’t explained why Palaren was here, not that she minded, for it made her night that much more interesting. ”Palaren, funny seeing you here.” She perked a brow before she shook her head, the smirk still firmly in place.

Word Count694
In The End...
Image Image Image
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 3rd, 2014, 9:29 am

Palaren could only chuckle as Viper gave his own words back to him, impressing the man with her memory of tens of days prior. As she scooted up, her body gave that bit of spring as buttocks moved in the seat, bringing his own memories to the forefront. Web be damned, he would try to keep his carnal attention on one woman so as not to ruin his work with the Scars. This lucky red eyed lass just didn't know. "A fine reason for me to know your name, as I had mentioned.", he responded as he placed the mugs on the table.

Placing the trident in the back corner which was conveniently guarded by the pair's presence, Palaren took a seat himself, placing the wooden shield against his shins under the table. Shields didn't do much good out of reach. Once situated in his own chair, he smiled warmly at her, admiring the stray gray locks that hung before those entrancing red eyes. "It's good to see you again, Viper. Very good." Yes, it had been that long, but he also had this particular singular fondness of his own creation to wrestle with.

He liked that he kept her smiling and shaking her head, like she had missed him. She didn't seem the type, as eager to part ways as he was at the Hot Springs, but she still seemed to glow a little with Palaren's near presence. Taking a long sip of his ale, he smacked his lips and nodded at the other mug and pushed it toward her. "Well, work was dreadful today. About as dull as a job could be. I thought I might enjoy a little liquid relaxation on the way home and here I find you as well. It's a good day." His eyes traversed what parts of her that he could see at the moment. "What brings you here to the Foot at such a late hour?"

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sherashadiss on November 4th, 2014, 9:34 pm

Shadiss eyed the weapon as he finally placed it into the corner, her crimson hues watching it for a moment so then to make sure that it wouldn’t grow life of its own before she returned her attention back to Palaren. By then, the man had pushed the other mug towards her and a smile graced her lips in a silent thanks. While she may have asked her question mostly as it had been a casual question, it had been loaded in an attempt to work out just why he was here. Although it appeared that it had been some kind of coincidence. He had been working and had stopped on his way home to get a drink. Wait, on his way home? Didn’t he live at the springs? She perked a brow at this and she lifted the mug to her lips, taking a sip of the ale before she settled it upon the table once again. ”Are you still at the Springs? Or have you bought yourself a nice cosy home?” Honestly, she would find it quite interesting if he had, for she didn’t know why he would think to settle down in Sunberth. Everyone had their own reasons of course. Hers was to then she could practice her poison crafting without really being disturbed. If someone died from poison, who was going to really care?

At that thought, she took another sip of her drink before she placed the mug back down upon the wooden table in front of them. ”I myself just decided to relax for a time seeing as the person that I was supposed to meet did not show.” Another smirk finally settled into place upon her lips again as she leaned forwards resting an elbow upon the table before she settled her cheek into her palm. He had interested her, he had caught her interest when he came and simply left, with no cuddling to be had at the Springs. Although, he had sworn that they would see each other again. It was as if there were two conflicting personalities within this man, or, he just really enjoyed their sexual endeavours. Either way, she was fortunate that she had ran into him again, coincidence or not, for it gave her time to pick at the man’s mind and perhaps more if she played her cards right. Not that she was a gambler. ”Lucky that you had turned up when you had, otherwise I’m sure that someone would have mobbed me.” She said in a mocking tone, her lips still retaining the smirk.

Her gaze continued to study him for a moment, his body language was different than before, or maybe it was just because she wasn’t naked and soaking in a hot bath. ”All jokes aside, I am glad to see that you have seemed to have survived thus far in Sunberth.” Slowly she would move to lean back into her chair, her arms lifting to cross over her chest. While she wanted to pretend indifference, she also wanted to spend time with this man, which meant breaking one of her own personal rules. However, if she did broke one of them, that didn’t mean that she would become emotionally attached, he had something that she wanted. Well, she guessed that it was more like he could provide a service that most men couldn’t. He could satisfy her and that’s all she wanted. However, that almost meant walking a line, a dangerous line of breaking another rule. Shadiss’s crimson gaze flickered over his form once more before she turned it to view the moving people within the tavern. ”How do you like Sunberth so far?” Sunberth rubbed off on people in many different ways, so it would be interesting to hear the man’s response.

Word Count631
In The End...
Image Image Image
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 4th, 2014, 10:40 pm

Pulren thought it funny that Viper watched the trident. She stared at as if it was a living thing. Had no one ever seen one before? It drew looks for sure. He guessed everyone used to the standard stabbing object that was the rage of Sunberth. "I moved to the city proper, yes. I do love the Hot Springs, but they really aren't conducive to Winter. One good storm and you're stuck out too far from everything. If starvation is a problem here, it surely is out in the sticks." Smiling, he took another sip, the warmth of the ale matching that which he felt for the woman.

His eyebrows also perked and peaked when she mentioned waiting for someone. While her second comment seemed to disqualify the idea that the waiting was for pleasure rather than business. His eyes studied her face while she spoke, her lips as they worked the words. "Waiting for business or pleasure? I can't imagine someone standing you up on purpose." He chuckled a bit before adding, "I'm also pretty sure you can take care of yourself." He was impressed by her dress and manner, equally as attractive dressed as not.

He raised his mug and had a sip, enjoying the relaxation and the company. "Surviving isn't as hard once you decide you aren't going to die so easily. Of course, some people have never had those experiences where they face Dira and come out on the other side. I have." His thoughts drifted to the Maiden's Voyage. He remembered, though, that the ale was trying to make him be Pulren and not Palaren. He would have to clear that point up if asked. he could still make it the Maiden's Voyage, but he could play the part of the mercenary rather than be the Guard inspired by the man.

"I don't get why people stay here unless they enjoy being a criminal and a sycophant. If they do, this is the place to live, for sure. I may move on in Spring, but there is little reason to leave security now until Winter passes." Pacing himself, he let the mug sit back where it belonged and sat back in the chair as well, mimicking her attempts at relaxation."What are your long term plans?"

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sherashadiss on November 7th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Shadiss listened to the man before her as she silently went over his words. He was correct about the Springs being pretty far out of Sunberth and if it did snow, starvation would probably be a problem. At least if there were hunters among them, some of them might be able to catch something. However, she didn’t know really what they could catch just that the animals didn’t just disappear when the snow fell, they had to go somewhere. However, she did suppose that people would need to know how to hunt and sometimes that was a problem. Mostly everyone in Sunberth were of the criminal type, not the go out and hunt type. Although, she would have thought that someone among the gathered people out at the Springs might have a hunter or two among them. After-all, people, especially travellers would be more inclined to stay there rather than venture forth into a city where thieves, thugs and slavers would be waiting for them. One wouldn’t exactly walk into that unless they were stupid and by stupid, she meant that they didn’t have a brain to not know a dangerous city when they saw it.

The woman reached out and grasped the mug once more, lifting it to her lips to take a sip of the ale. However, she didn’t put it down again, instead she continued to hold it in both hands as she watched him with her crimson gaze. What was it about this man that intrigued her so much? A brow perked the moment that he mentioned the near death experiences and her head angled to her right just slightly. She took another sip mostly in thought, however her gaze never left his. Once he fell silent, she took one more sip of the ale and leaned forward to gently place it back down upon the table top. ”I am here on bussinessssss, actually. Although the lassst time that I wasss here, a brawl had ssspilled forth.” A slow smirk fell upon her lips then, ”And if I remember correctly, I had to visssit the ssspringsss afterwardsss. There, I met a man that had made walking all the way out there, worthwhile.” She leaned back into her chair, her arms lifting to fold over her chest. Viper still couldn’t see why and how the man before her had faced Dira, while he did appear to have experienced some things, she just didn’t know how bad his near death experience could have been. He didn’t exactly look like someone haunted by the ghosts of his past.

Quietly she watched him for a moment as she then turned her thoughts to the man’s plans. He had a point about not staying in Sunberth unless one enjoyed being a criminal, in fact, she might as well be thrown in with the criminal status. Shadiss practised an art that was taboo in most places and she was sure that when someone bought her poisons, it wasn’t to poison themselves. People within Sunberth mostly preferred to survive rather than kill themselves, or really damage themselves by ‘accidentally’ swallowing the poison. She perked a brow when he had said that he might move on in the Spring. Well, she couldn’t blame him really, if one did not move on they mostly got killed off and she supposed that considering he had faced Dira and survived, than he was a survivor. A shrug of her shoulders was given when he asked her about her long term plans and she angled her head away from the man to view the rest of the patrons in the bar. ”I ssstand out too much to do any real travelling and bessidesss, I don’t mind it here. People don’t asssk too many quesstionsss and I don’t ssstand out too much.”

Word Count633
In The End...
Image Image Image
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 8th, 2014, 1:52 am

He really liked Viper's eyes. While he spoke and she held the mug before her, those crimson orbs looked back at him over the lip of the stein. Attraction was evident between them, but for two people who didn't seem to have anything in common, there seemed to be an unseen bond of energy between them. Maybe it was just mutual desire but Pulren thought that it surely had to be more. When she spoke, her lisp was another enchantment. He felt sort of bad about being enthused about someone's disability, but it all just added to her overall charm.

"I'm very glad you made that journey out to the Springs. Almost as glad as I am to have found you here. The only Gods I have ever prayed to are Laviku and Zulrav but if there is a God of Destiny, I'll pray that we keep meeting." He lifted his ale only to find it empty. Kelp Bar Pulren was hiding in those mugs. He didn't want to be that guy at the current time. It was clear that the mention of plans had a strange effect on her as she stared off and shrugged. Her next words were interesting and confusing, drawing real interest from Pulren.

"Now I'm a little confused. How do you stand out? Your red eyes? Your beauty? Being unique? Can you explain it to me?" Maybe her lisp, though he would never mention it out loud. It would be rude of him to do so, especially with someone he was growing fonder of. Regardless of the time that had elapsed in between their meetings, Pulren felt a strong a connection this day as he had that day. Something had transpired between them, beyond the obvious. The more he learned of her, the more he craved to learn. Perhaps her answers would satisfy his curiosity.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sherashadiss on November 9th, 2014, 11:26 am

His words seemed to echo around her as a frown descended upon her brow. He was glad that they had met and that he had hoped they kept meeting? What was this? Did he want something from her other than their occasional fling? Well, she had only been with him once so far, however, she had begun to think that maybe tonight could lead into something else. Slowly, she leaned forwards and her right hand reached out to gently slide the mug that he had given to her, back over to him. ”You can finish the ressst of thisss.” A smirk fell into place upon her lips then as she slowly slid her arm back, but she didn’t lean back into her chair, instead her forearms remained resting against the edge of the wooden table, her crimson gaze watching the man closely. She was curious to see what he saw the two as, for she enjoyed the pleasure that they shared. However, she was also curious about him and if she pursued him, it would mean having to get involved, how involved was the question. Emotions was an ugly thing and she had distance herself from them for a reason, why complicate things when it could be easy and smooth sailing? So to speak.

He questioned her words and she leaned back into the chair once more, a simple sigh falling upon her lips before she turned her gaze away from the man. ”Being unique isssn’t what I would call a blesssssing, although that doesssn’t mean that I am ashamed of what I am. Quite the contrary. I find pride in it, but that doesssn’t mean that everyone elssse approvesss. It’sss a dangerousss world Palaren, which meansss everyone isss not to be trusssted.” She turned her gaze to view the man before her as she silently questioned as to whether she could or could not trust him. He hadn’t slit her throat at the Spring’s, but she wasn’t sure whether that was because he held out in order to gain her trust. It was her understanding that it would hurt more to have someone that one trusted, only to betray them with a dagger in the back. Quite literally, in the case of Sunberth. ”Not everything isss to be shared with every perssson that I meet.” She pressed her lips tightly together as questions filled her mind. Whose side was this man on? Was he apart of one of the many gangs that occupied Sunberth?

A hand lifted to run through her short grey locks as she pondered as to whether she should tell him. He seemed genuine in his interest, however, with the bounty that had been placed upon the heads of the Dhani race, she was more reluctant than before. Which meant that she was fairly certain that even if she did want to share her secret with someone, she wouldn’t, for she preferred to live rather than chance a visit to Dira herself. The woman had never trusted anyone in Zinrah and never had she trusted anyone in Sunberth, would she break that now? No, she couldn’t, it was too dangerous and the result of telling this man could very well lead her to having a bounty collected and death would be certain. She drew in a long slow breath, before she exhaled, realizing that she needed to revert back to the person she naturally was. Slowly the smirk fell back into place upon her lips and her arms lifted to cross back over her chest, a simple shrug following these movements. ”I am of the exotic breed, I tend to ssstand out where ever I go.” A soft chuckle followed these words.

Word Count616
In The End...
Image Image Image
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 10th, 2014, 6:16 am

While accepting the mug offered with a slight nod, he put it to the side. Pulren could already feel the beginning buzzes and warming tingles of the ale and he wouldn't let it cloud him completely. Viper offered more than enough stimulation, so the alcohol was really a little over the top in this case. It relaxed him, though, so her frowns at his words of hope didn't faze him as hard as they might have had he been dead sober.

Maybe it was this same slight buzz that kept him so confused. He could only look at her with a strange, quizzical look as she explained how hard it was to be so unique in Sunberth. He knew that she was certainly an individual and her mannerisms and appearance were striking and different. The way she spoke, though, it seemed like there was something that he was clearly missing. Weighing the pros and cons out in his head, he finally just said it, since the liquid courage was there to support him. Leaning his elbows on the table and leaning in a bit, he scratched at his beard a little before attempting the question.

"Viper, I think there's something I am missing here. You keep talking about secrets and being unique and exotic. I agree, completely. But I feel like you mean something else and I am completely missing the point." Could he say completely again?, his altered mind asked. "So, please, you can tell me whatever it is. I certainly mean you no harm and I can keep your secret." His hand reached out to take hers if she would offer it.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next