Closed I Don't Believe In Coincidences [Pulren Marsh]

A coincidence maybe?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

I Don't Believe In Coincidences [Pulren Marsh]

Postby Sherashadiss on December 11th, 2014, 9:41 am

Shadiss had half expected Palaren to reach for that trident of his and her crimson gaze had actually been tempted to glance over at the trident. Instead, she had decided that it was better for her to keep her gaze upon the man so then she could watch for any reaction that may ensue. Instead of anger or even resentment, the man chuckled, he chuckled as he shook his head. Her brow knitted together as she tried to puzzle out his reaction, watching as he shook his head. The woman pressed her lips tightly together as the corners turned downwards. Did he think that she was lying? Why would she lie about being apart of a race that was hunted? What was the man playing at? She was still puzzling over it when he began to speak again saying that he had thought that she had a speech impediment. When she heard those words it made sense and a slight smile curved her lips at this. She had been used to people picking up her accent as a speech impediment or a lisp that she had forgotten about till now. In fact, she had grown used to her accent amongst the humans that she rarely noticed it, till he had pointed it out.

Her crimson gaze watched as he stepped closer, making the connection that she was apart of the snake people that had come out of the sea waters, although she would have to point out that they were apart of a different sub race. A topic that she was about to speak upon before he apologized and she that found his arms suddenly wrapped her into an embrace. His form was warm and the embraced tightened for a moment. It surprised her for it was not the reaction that she had expected, but then again, he had said that it wasn’t the Zeltivan way to kill things that they didn’t understand. Whatever the Zeltivan way is, she silently questioned to herself as she remained unsure as to how to react in such a situation. The woman hadn’t in all of her one hundred and ten years been embraced like this before, as she had preferred to be alone. Even when they had engaged in sexual activities at the Spring, they hadn’t embraced like this. However, she could tell why those who wished for it, found it appealing. So instead of reacting, she simply stood there, attempting to not lean into the embrace, her muscles slightly tensing. Indeed, she was attempting to not cave to those pesky things called emotions.

The moment that he turned away to seat himself upon the bed and indicated that she should sit into the chair, was the moment that she relaxed, if only but a little bit. Viper remained standing by the window for the moment while she attempted to explain to him about her race. She had never had to explain to anyone about her race, mostly because she never revealed herself to be a Dhani. However, now she did find herself to be in such a situation. ”I’m not exactly apart of thossse that came from the sssea. That isss a sssub raccce of Dhani that not even I know about. There are other sssub racccesss of Dhani and I am of the Viper variety. The weakessst of the racccesss when it comesss to ssstrength but ssspeed isss on our ssside.” She lifted a hand to gently run her fingers through her short grey locks, her crimson gaze turning away from Palaren. ”And that’sss all I have to tell you upon that topic.” Shadiss simply said, as she hesitated upon mentioning her choice of profession.
In The End...
We Are Just Pieces on a Board
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Words: 82836
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2014, 6:33 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 15th, 2014, 6:01 am

Now that he knew she was a snake, it seemed as if she was really letting her imagined lisp go all out. It was probably annoying to hold that back, Pulren thought to himself. He also found it interesting that her name clearly wasn't Viper, as that was what she was not who she was.The fact that she was not like the snake people who had come out of the sea was interesting as well. So many things about this person that were completely unknown and made things seem different. Of course, the irony there wasn't lost on Pulren and he realized he had been keeping some secrets of his own.

Leaning forward with his hands on his knees, he figured he might as well fess up. "So I guess your name isn't actually Viper, huh? That's alright. While we are telling secrets, I will tell you one as well. My name is actually Pulren Marsh, not Palaren Marshall. Palaren is a name I decided to use when coming here from Zeltiva. While I am indeed a fisherman, that is a hobby. My profession is city guard. Well, we are called the Wave Guard. I am here on official business but the reputation of Sunberthians to kill authority types made the lies necessary." he leaned back , feeling a little lighter having told someone the truth."So I guess we all have our little lies."

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sherashadiss on December 23rd, 2014, 11:19 pm

The man had been insanely quiet as she spoke, it had made Shadiss quite unsettled and she felt like the dhani that had risen out of the ocean. A snake out of water. This was new territory to her and she very much did not like it for anything could happen. This man called Palaren was the loose cannon, the unpredictable shot and he had already proved that outside of The Pig’s Foot. However, now he was admitting to having a secret of his own. Lightly, Viper bit down upon her bottom lip as her hands slid back into the pockets of her coat, refusing to remove the article of clothing for the nights were beginning cool with the warning of winter on the way. A fact that she was not overly thrilled about, but it wasn’t the only fact that she wasn’t overly thrilled about at the moment. Palaren, was known as Pulren. He was a Wave Guard from Zeltiva and as a hobby, he went fishing. The news about him being a guard did not surprise her, but she had assumed that he guarded people for money… Until now. Now she knew that he was an authority figure and she moved to steps backwards, towards the window.

Silently, she stood there for a few long chimes, saying nothing at all as the moon shone in from the window, indicating the late hour. This light would then make sure that a shadow fell across her pale features, shadowing them from the man’s view, her crimson gaze was basically the only visible feature. She should have known that he was the opposite to her, it was so… Obvious now. His righteous act and his scorned behaviour before was all indications of a man that did right by people. Viper pressed her lips tightly together before the corners turned down wards as a frown creased her forehead. It had to end and it had to end now, she finally decided. Drawing in a slow breath, she exhaled through her nose. Her hands slipped out of her pockets to grasp the hood of her coat and she pulled it up and over her head so then her face was hidden from the view of the man before her. ”While you sssave livesss, I take them away.” A shake of her head was given then as she edged away from the window and towards the door, her steps slow and deliberate so then he knew that she wasn’t going to attack him.

”Palaren… Pulren, thisss isss where we part waysss.” She stopped by the door and turned to face him, her crimson hues that was shadowed by the hood, held a touch of sadness to them. She didn’t know as to what she had hoped from this meeting with Pala – Pulren, she did know, that it hadn’t been to part ways. People who saved lives and people who killed were two polar opposites, they never went well together, a fact that she was all too aware of. In all of her one hundred and ten years, she never thought that she would ever care that she had missed an opportunity to possibly get to know someone. The lone woman shook her head then as her right hand lifted to grasp the knob of the door. ”Fair-well Palaren, for you will not sssee me again.” She paused for a brief moment and she turned to the door, opening it. ”And don’t worry, your sssecret isss sssafe with me… Ssso long as you don’t ssspill mine.” With that, she left the man’s room and the Quay altogether, knowing that a bridge had been burned.

OOCThat’s it for me, if you want to do another post, go ahead. When you’re done, I will post a request in the request thread.
In The End...
We Are Just Pieces on a Board
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Sherashadiss
The Viper...

Words: 82836
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2014, 6:33 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on June 8th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Shadiss

Comments :
If your character gets unretired, PM me and I’ll award you grades.

Pulren

Skills:
Skill EXP
Intelligence +2
Socialization +5
Flirting +3
Interrogation +3
Observation +2
Acting +2
Philosophy +2
Seduction +1
Persuasion +2
Deduction +1
Rhetoric +3
Running +1
Intimidation +1
Tactics +1
Hosting +1
Anthropology +1
Storytelling +1

Lores:
  • Acting: Remembering to be Palaren, not Pulren
  • Philosophy: Survival is simpler after facing Dira and deciding not to die
  • Interrogation: Promising to keep a secret
  • Persuasion: Being persistent
  • Viper Dhani: Weakest but quickest
  • Viper Dhani different from the Dhani of the sea
  • Revealing my identity
  • Viper: Is a viper dhani

Ledger :
If you haven’t already done so, please deduct 1sm for the two beers purchased.

Comments :
Great thread. Both characters certainly had their secrets that were hard to pry. It’s too bad that Shadiss has been retired.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous