A Button for your Thoughts (Garland)

Nivel has a friendly spar with Garland after her magic training

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nivel on December 4th, 2014, 5:57 pm

OocMy guilty continence couldn't let this thread go unfinished.

"Really? Well, sometimes the most flashy things aren't the best. If I knew you were using magic I would have probably been more cautious and stayed away from you more... You seem like you are getting better, sooner or later you'll be the best mage here!"

"hrm I've never though of it that way, I suppose that is true...I don't think I'll be the best mage though my magic skills need a lot of improvement."

"Well, if this was a two-on-one spar than I would have been in a lot of trouble. You will eventually have more stamina when you keep training, it is only natural. Just keep training and maybe you can knock me off of my feet with your magic... What was it called again? Ducks? Flex? Flus!" He said, trying to remember the name of that branch of magic. "It's on the tip of my tongue... Flux! There we go..."

Nivel shook her head vigorously " I would never directly use magic against you, its to dangerous...and yes it is flux but you could call it ducks if you want." She attempted a smile.

"I should have figured it out sooner. Even if you weren't using your magic, you are still made out of clay, it wouldn't have effected your eyes, and you react fast enough to avoid , most of my attack."

"well if you're ever fighting another small creature that isn't made out of clay you could always try that and see how it goes." Nivel tried to be reassuring.

"I'm always up for it! I'll just stay here for a little while longer, see you later, Nivel!

"Okay...Have fun!" Nivel gave a faint wave back as she made her way to her bed for some much needed rest.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Vanari on December 5th, 2014, 5:25 am

Nivel
Observation +5 XP
Shielding +2 XP
Sewing +1 XP
Meditation +1 XP
Flux +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Weapon: Pebbles +1 XP
Running +3 XP
Pyken +3 XP
Auristics +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP
Climbing +1 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Subterfuge +1 XP

Lores :
  • First Attempts at Embroidery
  • Shielding: Assigning Tasks
  • Anger at Being Poked by Tall Folk
  • Note to Self: Check Innards Before Spars
  • Smooshed by Garland, Initiate Cat Form!
  • Calling a Tie with Garland
  • Sometimes Flashy Isn't the Best

Garland
Observation +5 XP
Intelligence +2 XP
Weapon: Shield +2 XP
Weapon: Bastard Sword +1 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Unarmed Combat +1 XP
Endurance +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Planning +2 XP
Tactics +3 XP

Lores :
  • Incorporating Acrobatics in Sword & Shield
  • The Mistake of Poking a Pycon
  • Nivel: Cute Name
  • Pycons: Hard to Fight Once They're Latched
  • Nivel's Pre-Fighting Dance: A Pycon Tradition or Spell?
  • The Advantages of Subtle Magic
  • Nivel's Magic: Auras, Astral Bodies, and Shields
  • Flux: Magic That Knocks Me Off My Feet
  • Reimancy: Create and Control Natural Elements

Loot :
+2 Shield Points each for completing 2 separate types of training

Notes :
Good job! 'Twas a fun and interesting read. Pycons are awesome ^_^ Just two small, quick notes for you both:

Nivel - Novice level Auristics is demanding, so just keep in mind that while sparring and after having used Flux several times prior, it should require almost all of her concentration on top of tiring her out.

Garland - I know it is absolutely dismal having to post from your phone, assuming that was the case during this thread, but as a grader I have to hesitate giving you as many points as I would like due to length. Just keep this in mind in the future if you would like to earn more XP.

Both - You only did this at the very end so it's no big deal, but try to refrain from copying entire chunks of each other's dialogue. Paraphrase to your hearts' content though!

Minor stuffs, nothing serious. Looking forward to more threads from you two :thumbsup:

Please don't hesitate to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns! Also, remember to edit your grade request as "graded."

Cheers :D

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous