Singers/Musicians?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Singers/Musicians?

Postby Aventis on December 8th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Hi. Not sure if I quite fit in, but hi.

I have been playing drums (and percussion, but dare I not call drums "percussion" lest I sound pretentious. And yet I use the word "lest".) and bass. Drums for three years, bass for a little over half. I've been in numerous bands and played one or two decently-sized concerts (200 people) for each.

I'm also a baritone, but I didn't know I could make howling cats cry until I sang Desperado by the Eagles. I can sing, only can because it is an option and everyone that is not mute can sing.

Woo! Musician community.
Last edited by Aventis on December 9th, 2014, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Singers/Musicians?

Postby Zhol on December 9th, 2014, 6:00 am

I've been playing guitar for about ten years. I'm usually too anxious to play and sing in front of people (or in front of a microphone), so I've very rarely had anything I've done recorded, but I do occasionally write my own stuff, as well as learning to play an embarrassing selection of songs I probably shouldn't admit to liking. I've been having some medical problems with my arms lately, which has been making playing a little tricky, but usually it's my go to stress relief thing.

I used to play violin back in school... and by play I mean "cause glass-shattering noises", so I gave up on that pretty quick. I've always wanted to have a go at the cello, but I've never got around to it yet.

I also used to be the living embodiment of a cliche choir boy, with the silly robes and the floppy blonde hair and everything... but that's a whole embarrassing story unto itself. :paranoid:
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Singers/Musicians?

Postby Estrellir Konrath on December 9th, 2014, 9:04 am

Nice thread!

I played the violin for nine years when I was in school. You could also say twelve years, but I took lessons for only nine of them because I needed a break in high school. Still love my instrument though and play it occasionally.

I also like to sing although I haven't had any formal training and don't really consider myself an exceptional singer. There's a vid of me covering a German and a Japanese song in my scrapbook though... it's a little embarrassing, but I did it.
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Singers/Musicians?

Postby Vanari on December 9th, 2014, 7:40 pm

Hello Aventis, Zhol, and Estrellir! It's so awesome to know there are more musicians in Miz :D Welcome all, I know we're not terribly active right now but never hurts to put your talents out there. Any clips or recordings, or just favorite songs/instruments/genres in general feel free to share! And you're not the only one hankering to try some cello Zhol. Speaking of cellos, the Mongolian huqin is kinda like the cello/viola equivalent compared to the Chinese erhu, so while I don't know if I'll ever get my hands on my own cello anytime soon, I am sore tempted to get a horse head violin...I'm probably the only dork in the world who watched this as a kid but this kungfu drama was what kinda got me hooked:

Do you guys have any secret childhood influences? Share them if you do!

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Singers/Musicians?

Postby Bor on December 11th, 2014, 8:35 am

I played acoustic guitar for about 7-8 years before I quit. Why? I just lost total interest in it and I never had a good rhythm. As for singing... Well lets just say that my father got a 6/D from his music teacher when he promised to him that he wouldn't sing in the class. I inherited his singing skills.
English isn't my native language, but I appreciate any notes on my writing. So if you see that I misspell a word or I have the word order wrong, feel free to point that out to me
Character sheet: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post415250.html#p415250
Bor
I'm a giant

Words: 15595
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 4:12 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous