Closed See a Man About a Dog (Redd)

Verin attempts to return his associate's property.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

See a Man About a Dog (Redd)

Postby Verin Rush on November 15th, 2014, 4:54 pm

"
I do not know your Master well; I would prefer to be invited in," was his short reply to the girl. He knew Ender, and would willingly admit to most anyone that he considered the Mage’s Familiar to be a friend, he would not extend any of the same feeling to the wizard himself. Blinded by the opinions that Ender himself had shared before Verin had even met Miro, he would likely never have the same respect that any others had for the man.

And his sense of courtesy and pride stopped him from entering the man’s home uninvited. He was surprised, however, at Redd’s mention that the door was rarely locked, given the arcane equipment that he imagined was kept inside. It would be a goldmine for any sensible thief, particularly if they were to learn of his habits. Maybe that was why Miro wanted Redd – a wolf kelvic would be the perfect guard for when he was away from the property for a period.

The pair remained outside the room in silence, and Verin knocked once more, a little harder this time. He was glad that Redd was staring down the corridor when she shared how she knew his brother, because Verin couldn’t help the involuntary shudder that followed the revelation. He found it both shocking and unsurprising that his brother would do such a thing… shocking because he wanted to believe that his brother was better than his actions, and unsurprising because it now seemed to be common practice for Venser to react to a situation, or person, with violence.

A small part of Verin believed that it was the reason for Venser’s fascination with Malediction was this penchant for violence. Perhaps also the interest in the Flux… his eyes narrowed, horrified by the monster that his twin brother had evolved into, and he cursed their father for his part in his creation. But he said nothing to Redd in reply.

"
Yes, perhaps you are right." Verin stepped away from the door and turned, intent on heading back down to the canal, "I hav to start work in approximately half a bell, Redd. For now, I will return you to Tarsin’s Boarding House and we will try to catch Miro another day." He knew he could leave the girl in the room, especially if the door was unlocked, but then he could not trust that Miro would return any of the six hundred mizas owed to him. He nudged the slave away from the door, "let’s go."
Verin Rush
Perfection is our standard, not our goal.

Words: 275055
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2013, 7:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

See a Man About a Dog (Redd)

Postby Daegron on December 19th, 2014, 6:07 pm

The Future belongs to the Brave!

Verin Rush :
Skills
  • Observation +2
  • Socialization +2
  • Intelligence +1

Lores
  • Redd: A Wolf Kelvic
  • Redd: A feral kind of slave
  • Redd: Belongs to Miro ?
  • Redd: Hurt by Venser

Loot/Expenses:
  • -5 silver mizas
Injuries/Other:
  • N/A

Redd :
Skills
  • Observation +2
  • Socialization +2
  • Intelligence +1

Lores
  • Verin Rush: A man of few words
  • Verin Rush: Venser's Brother
  • Verin Rush: Weak in combat
  • Abandoned once more ?

Loot/Expenses:
  • N/A
Injuries/Other:
  • N/A

Notes and Comments :
  • A pleasant thread for a first connection between your characters. I liked the subtle tension that you've created with the few words shared !

If you have any questions or concerns about your grades and awards, do not hesitate to PM me so we can work things out. Also, remember to mark your grading request as Graded!

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous