Closed [The Syliran Archives]Like A Closed Book (Imellion)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Syliran Archives]Like A Closed Book (Imellion)

Postby Garland on December 5th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Garland stopped his writing, placing down his pencil on the table. He gave a large smile, showing his teeth. "Do you want me to walk you out?" He paused thinking about the offer, he needed to stay inside here all day. "On second though I can't leave this place until much later. Actually, would you like to train one of these days, it might be good practice for us."

He went back to his writings, or his childish scrawls, it was a matter of how you looked at it. After several repeated "G"s he was giving up on writing, he might pick it back up later, but his hand was tired. He took a book and opened it, and started reading. He turned his attention back to Imellion. "Oh, I think you can borrow the book if you want. Just ask the head scribe, the man at the entrance. I hope you stay safe, my friend."

[ooc=ooc}sorry for short post, just wanna finish up[/ooc]
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imellion on December 6th, 2014, 3:28 am

Date

Imellion paused and turned back, confused at the sudden speech. Walk her out? What did he think she was? Some highborn lady? Or perhaps a young girl? Well, technically speaking that was accurate. He was probably just being knightly. They had an odd air about them. Quite different than what she was accustomed too. More... polite and respectful. Not brusque and gruff. Well, sometimes. There were plenty of brusque, gruff, and rough individuals. They were more refined though. Less likely to slit her throat. For now, anyways.

He offered her training sessions together. That was new. She had only recently begun her real training as a knight, so what did the offer entail? Would he teach? Or simply practice with her? He did say that, actually. She needed to learn to listen more. New things were expected here, and she couldn't just live through the same routine she knew of from before. Her mind needed to stay sharp. She needed to learn. Just like when someone new joined the caravan. Scout them out. Learn how they respond. Change her behavior to stay on the good side.

"I... appreciate your offer," She said finally, looking towards the door, feet itching to get out. She had no desire to be late for her meeting, "Should an opportunity arise, I shall contact you."

She started for the door again, trying not to run. Did she want to borrow the book? No, not really. It was odd. A teal horse? She frowned slightly, and then shook her head quickly. She had no need for it. Sera Lyonia probably had some. A few, anyways. Not sure which ones though.

"I shall... leave the book here, and farewell," She gave a small smile and hurried out back into the antechamber, where she gave a slight bow to the man at the desk. What was his name again? It was on the tip of her tongue, but she didn't have time to wait for it to come to her. He glanced up and nodded.

Then she was out into the rest of the city, weaving between the other pedestrians, and keeping her eyes low out of habit and scrunching her shoulders to shrink. Then she was away from the archives and on her way to meet Sera Lyonia.

Avatar and post template by Avarice, Sig by Aydel
Threads: 2/3
Imellion
Player

Words: 62148
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on December 22nd, 2014, 7:24 pm

Garland :
XP Award:
  • 2 Socialization
  • 2 Teaching
  • 1 Reading
  • 1 Calligraphy
Lore:
  • Ser Ortis: His nose is always stuck in a book
  • Little Teal Trotting Hood
  • Teaching someone to read.
  • Imellion: The shy Squire
Shield Points:
  • 1 for Training
  • 1 for helping Imellion read
Notes: try and push yourself to write more and stuff...otherwise good thread.
Imellion :
XP Award:
  • 2 Reading
  • 1 Rhetoric
  • 2 Socialization
Lore:
  • Ser Ortis: head scribe of the Syliran Archive
  • Teal is like a combination of blue and green but different
  • Little Teal Trotting Hood
  • Garland: The friendly Squire
Shield Points:
  • 2 for Training
Notes: Good job

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns please message me.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)