Completed From a Distance

Toan sketchs a location he's learned about.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

From a Distance

Postby Toan Onox on September 13th, 2014, 11:47 pm

Toan's lips parted even further as the smirk grew into a wider grin then, the idea of his suggestion now clear enough for her to grasp as well as in turn quip about in her own way. She proved to be quirky about it at first with an amusing question, one that brought a chuckle out of the artist as he placed a hand gently on her shoulder. It was for added effect of course, seeing as how he was all about keeping the charm alive when it came to mannerisms. "Maybe, now that's a word I hear often. Given that it generally leads to a inclination, I take that as a yes on willing terms of curiosity." He pointed out as he continued to lean closer in, oh how he enjoyed flirting with this woman so much. And given that she knew what he was really after now, he honestly expected that she would've said no and walked off, either out of anger or out of embarrassment depending on how well she took it.

Then again this just proved how well Toan's luck had been, seeing as how she actually seemed interested enough in partaking in this act with him. All in the process though he had to wonder just what the woman had to be thinking, with the way her eyes would cycle through different colors to reflect the subtle changes of emotions she felt within. Vanari were like that it seems, so easy to influence and easy to read when one knew what color represented their moods. Finally when they transitioned from they're previous hues to that of a green color that Toan couldn't help but admire, he chuckled with great amusement in his tone as he held out a hand for her to take. "My dear, my talk is worth nothing if I've not the ability to back it up." He jested as she took it with a little mirth of her own, it wasn't much longer after that he would be her guide back to the Safe Haven Hostel.

He would take her there with the use of witty banter to keep her intrigued well enough, even when they both knew where this was going to lead them at the end. Of course for Toan though this just proved how far he was willing to go, how much he was willing to prove no less, that he could in fact give the lady the 'satisfaction' he found that she needed. When they finally arrived to the seclusion of his room it was then Toan would start his work, and show Vanari everything he could do that would wow her in any way possible.

oocSo I went ahead and did a fade to black scene, sort of, and figured this could be my closer for Toan. If you feel like doing a wrap up post for Vanari you can, just pm me about it and I'll wait until the post is up before I submit it for grading.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

From a Distance

Postby Keene Ward on January 2nd, 2015, 4:21 am

“It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."
- Poirot

Toan :
Skills:
  • Observation | +5 EXP
    Flirting | +5 EXP
    Rhetoric | +3 EXP
    Seduction | +1 EXP
    Socialization | +5 EXP
    Drawing | +5 EXP
    Acting | +1 EXP
    Planning | +1 EXP
    Acrobatics | +1 EXP
    Intelligence | +1 EXP
    Subterfuge | +1 EXP
    Tactics | +2 EXP
Lores:
  • Larceny: Scoping Out the Site
    Nyka: Bank of Nyka
    Drawing: Basic Shape Sketch
    Acrobatics: Acting on Instinct
    Subterfuge: Alias - Nato
    Vanari: Ari, The Exotic Flower
    Drawing: Countour Lines
    Figure Drawing: Countour Lines
    Ari: Woodcarver
    Ari: Changing Eye Color
    Romance: First Kiss - Ari
    Ari: Proposition Accepted

Post Script :
Vanari gave Toan a hand-sized wooden sculpture of himself as a half-fox! Please add it to your inventory.

Haha oh man Toan is flirty! You did a good job of describing the drawing and what he was doing. :) I'm not sure if you've ever drawn or not, but capturing a person's likeness is a very difficult thing in drawing, let alone for someone with only 8 points in it. Getting a recognizable figure would probably be competent; emotion of that figure would probably be nearer to expert. Just keep that in mind for futures threads, otherwise, this was a cute little exchange, good work!

PM me if you have any questions!

Vanari :
Skills:
  • Observation | +5 EXP
    Observation | +5 EXP
    Rhetoric | +5 EXP
    Seduction | +1 EXP
    Socialization | +5 EXP
    Carving | +5 EXP
    Philosophy | +2 EXP
    Persuasion | +1 EXP
    Meditation | +1 EXP
    Investigation | +2 EXP
    Subterfuge | +1 EXP
    Planning | +2 EXP
    Acting | +1 EXP
    Endurance | +1 EXP
    Flirting | +1 EXP
Lores:
  • Nato: Flirtatious
    Nato: Artist
    Nato's Art: Soft and Delicate
    Carving: Use of V Gouge
    Carving: Use of U Gouge
    Carving: Large-Scale to Detail
    Romance: First Kiss - Nato
    Nato: Proposition Accepted

Post Script :
Haha oh man. You had me nervous when Toan moved in! Good writing, and a fun portrayal of a more whimsical (sorta) side of Vanari! You wrote the carving well, but the smaller cuts for carving probably could have used a few more mistakes? More a suggestion though, otherwise, nice work!

PM me if you have any questions!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Previous