PM to join She's The Gal For Me Boys (Pulren)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

She's The Gal For Me Boys (Pulren)

Postby Zandelia on January 14th, 2015, 12:11 am

She couldn't help but laugh, rich and filled with true merriment, at the last of his comments – allowing him the luxury of finishing the full revelations of his observations before reacting further herself. It held a double purpose of course, the two men he had noticed were not necessarily there for her personal safety and keeping up the guise of two people deep in the enjoyment of each other's presence brought uncertainty to their intentions if they were darker she was sure. Few dared attack in public, especially in a tavern, yet it was prudent to give further reason to dissuade them – for them to know that attacking a seemingly jovial duo doing no harm bred resentment to the attackers.

Let them watch, they can feel a crowd's mood and understand when the time is not right to act. If they don't then I doubt they will live much longer she mused to herself as she smiled faintly at the youth before her.

“My dear boy, sad to disappoint but you are wrong on that one. You won't lay me despite what you might do. Though I can reward you with the affections of countless others should you prove useful. Hopefully they will be still be enjoyable despite their clear inferiority to myself” she grinned as she sipped her drink further.

She considered what he has stated to her, how he had gone about working out the words and ordering the thoughts. His mentality of analysis was decent enough if still limited by inexperience which he could not help in truth. He had taken small pieces of data and lined them up well enough to provide workable conclusions and that was admirable. She fancied that he could make himself a true advocate of the shadier practices of intelligence gathering if directed properly. She tilted her head in consideration as she responded to his claims.

“Your observations are decent enough, you are correct about the new barmaid though had you noted the fact she is wearing footwear more suited to a prostitute than a worker walking unceasingly in her current profession, the way she winces when a man touches her with certain intent...well it's not difficult to see she likely works here now as she sees it as a move up from being used every Bell or so by a stranger”she stated softly,watching him to see if he noted now those tiny tells of her nature.

“The patrons are indeed sailors, not difficult to see as you pointed out but remember when you observe you do not just watch, you listen,” she continued smoothly, “you could learn which vessel they work on perhaps. Whether they are smuggling at present or if they are thinking of being mutinous. You could warn a captain and gain favour. Or coin at least. A lesson for us all in as much as understanding that we assess with all senses and not just with one. At least you do in my world” she tapped his ear and his nose pointedly, if gently.

“As for these men by the door....describe them to me. Not just what they look like but think about how they stand. Are their hands never far from weapons? Do they project an aura of confident swagger? Are they watching me intently of just waiting for the opportunity to get a glimpse of my arse? Or waiting for you to fail before sweeping in for a good time of their own?”

“I know who they are, what they are here for. But I want to hear it from you. Tell me truly and then we can go and have a good time of a different sort and you may get an insight into what I can offer...and what I can do” she finished with her best mysterious gaze directly into he own eyes.

“You have skills that set you apart Uncle, but do you have the nerve to go further than being a mere watcher?” she asked him softly as she leant back and sipped the rest of her beverage away and planned her own moves in a game about to unfold.

Those two smuggler guard dogs will regret deciding to try and take me unawares. They should know better by now. I think there is a certain man who would just love to know they are back out of the ratways she told herself as her mind worked, shifted and began filling with a sense of required vengeance.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 15th, 2015, 4:40 am

A kind of bray came from Pulren's chest at Web's words about laying. There was little doubt that while she may be out of reach to him that her words were true and any she could find to fill in would be quite inferior. He raised his glass and smiled. "To the inferiors!", he bellowed, laughing again and knocking back the remnants of his mug. The place was becoming more raucous and noisy as the night continued , so why not blend by being?

In all seriousness, however, he put his empty cup down and folded his hands, listening as if a man in love, though he was really receiving his marks, be they high or low, for his performance. As he listened, he noted the footwear and mannerisms of the bartender, surprising himself, as shown with a slight rise of the eyebrow, that he wouldn't notice a whore when he saw one. He was accustomed to seeing many, after all. Equally interesting were the words of caution and education when it came to sailors. He nodded, smiling at the slight touches, partly from a little buzz and infatuation, partly from the scene he was supposed to be carrying along.

"How is it that I should differentiate between the different voices in such a loud and distracting place at this? Is it a skill to learn how to selectively hear conversations? Perhaps reading the lips? These are skills I would love to learn and master, as they would always be helpful ones." Most especially in his charge as a Wave Guard. His attention quickly snapped back to his teacher as the men at the door were mentioned. He listened to the criteria that Web desired and began to glance in the direction of the door, though it didn't open during the primer. So, it seemed that they were a part of the test and not just fodder after all. Nodding, a slight screwing up of the face occurred when a question of Pulren's nerve came about.

Looking over at the door for a few moments and its refusal to open, it seemed one of those rare occasions to catch two fish with one bait. "I believe I have to relieve myself of this extra wine. Please excuse me a moment." Standing from his seat, he made sure he said it loud enough to be heard within a table. "Don't go anywhere, I intend to get my mizas worth." He winked at her and toddled toward the door. He had been piss drunk, three sheets to the wind on kelp. Feigning a buzz with the smell of alcohol afloat was not a hard thing to act out. An easy bump and then pull to the door, as if he didn't know hich way it opened, would suffice visually on the inside.

Outside, the cool, crisp air brought Pulren's attention to the two men. They were not standing right at the door and they seemed quite startled by the man's sudden appearance, as if he might confront the pair. Hardly. Stepping over to the edge of the pier, he opened his leather pants and let himself feel the cool air on his flesh, the water easily pumping free and splashing into the Bay. "Quite a looker you have in there." He wasn't sure which one said it, but Pulren nodded, moving his aim as if to play with the direction of the stream. "That she is. She'll be well worth the coin tonight."

Finishing with a slight shake and the binding of his trousers, he turned to find the pair much closer. They wore daggers, one wore a longer sword, though Pulren couldn't identify it. They had a gander at his kukri and his armor, another at his eyes before seeming to guess him neutral, as far as the Zeltivan could tell. "She's no whore, that one. She'll rob ya blind, friend. Why don't you join us for a party and bring her along. We'll show you right straight what that..lass.. is." Pulren smiled, opening his mouth when he talked so that the wine's pungent aroma soaked their nostrils. "Well, that's quite neighborly of you two. Probably better let me talk her into it without you. If she knows you like you seem to put on, she'll certainly not play nice right away." He had to bluff them so he could get back inside. Of course, there was always the chance that they were hired players as well.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on January 31st, 2015, 12:29 am

In response to his words upon whittling out hearing she simply held out her fingers to his ear with her right hand and used her fingers of the left to close his lids for a small portion of time. She clicked her fingers on the right and then on the left, close to his ears with both. It would be a sharp sound but hardly overpowering. They would both be slightly different in sound, one lighter and the other fuller, deeper. It was impossible to replicate the exact same sound but that was partially the point. She changed the location of the clicks around his head, closer and then further away. In front then the side, up and down. It perhaps looked strange but then sailors were superstitious and drunken sots to an individual.

“Each sound is different, ever so slightly. In positioning, in volume. Yet you can tell they are from me. How do you focus upon it and block out everything else as you listen? IS it just the closeness? But then you could hear that man on the table nearby before, now he is likely muffled. Focus. You can focus your hearing just as you can focus your sight, distant objects or near. It is just practise. You will learn, in time. I can teach you”

“That…you get for free. As for reading lips, another skill to learn but usually nigh on impossible with drunken slurs as in a tavern. I do not claim unlimited ability, I cannot hear anything and everything. But with time, and concentration, you can learn something that seem magical to others” she stated simply, leaning back into her chair with a small smirk.

She watched him carefully, wondering if something had settled in that mind of his. He did not seem skittish but he was unsure she thought, as if he didn’t quite believe that she was capable. Or that her world of words existed. It could be difficult for some to make the transition, it was hardly a normal existence she lived after all. She sipped her drink and merely nodded, flicking her hand, as he made his way towards the door. She counted as she watched him exit, leaving it a good five ticks or so before slithering up out of her seat herself and weaving to stand beside the door frame. When it opened she was on the side that would be concealed. She craned her head forwards slightly and tried to hear what was being said.

A trap perhaps? Is this man part of it? A hook upon which I could dangle? He doesn’t seem disingenuous. Perhaps they are just trying to take advantage of him also? I will know soon enough she told herself as she retreated and slipped back to her seat as if she had never moved.

Now, when he returned, she would see how honest he was with her. It troubled her though that he could be in potential danger. She counted silently in her mind as she continued to finish the last of the wine. She would let it get to perhaps one hundred before she would consider him in danger and slip out of a window and into the alley- to emerge behind the two thuggish types. If necessary. For now she closed her eye, counted and listened to the humming conversations around her. She practised what she preached after all.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 31st, 2015, 4:03 am

"O'course." It seemed agreed upon and a man who was sober might look for a diplomatic egress but someone with a buzz like Pulren pretended to be just pointed at them in a jovial fashion and entered the tavern again, nodding at Web with the smile of a mark. It was funny to him as she probably thought him just a hair above mark and the men outside thought him a perfect mark. Could he draw outside of these lines drawn for him?

Standing at the table, he swayed on his feet slightly before planting himself back in his seat. He didn't want to overact but he really began to see the world with different eyes and since he didn't know who was part of the play, best to keep in character until he was in a relatively safe place. Leaning back in on his elbows, he looked down at the table, shaking his head. He mumbled, but his mumbling had purpose. It was the kind of mumbling that he hoped would prove that he had listened through his listening lesson and could have the teacher practice the lesson herself. "Mmm..it's a crazy world. I feel much better having released all that tension and pressure. Funny thing, though. Those couple o fellas outside said they knew you. Said they knew what kind of lass you were and they wanted me to invite ye to a party so they could prove it."

He sat up straight abruptly, wiping his face with his hands and looking with a pout at his empty glass. "I know you're not the type to cross me. Well, I don't know that, but I'm guessing my helping your one side of the coin would at least buy me safe passage out of the tavern this night." Uncorking the bottle, he poured a little into the glass and corked it again, his words at an even lower volume for her ears only. "However you might want to proceed, I am game. I know they are here for you, but my only concern is that they are part of a test. Please let me know about that one part because I tend to stab first and ask questions later when I feel threatened. You? I am no match, clearly, but them? I think I could get by." By Laviku's depths, he could send them there if nothing else, since none of the sailors he had seen possessed the ability to not find the bottom.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on February 2nd, 2015, 12:04 am

She gave him an appraising look as he made his presence known once more. He looked vaguely distant, gaze slightly glazed perhaps. She was not under the impression that he caved under pressure, not after their unique introduction to one another. The two men, however, clearly troubled him somehow. Either that or this was the first time he had managed to get himself into something nebulous beyond his usual experience. Still the information he had provided meant that he was being honest with her, that he was not taking the easy option of selling her down the river just because someone was trying to get him to.

Good, very good. It means that we can work together. Or at least I can trust him as far as I can throw him. Beyond that is still up for debate. We shall see. First of all we need to deal with these two…gentlemen she told herself as she continued to look at him and listen – the words were indistinct but still audible.

“Everything so far has been a test, save for those two men. Congratulations are in order – you passed,” she opened with, “and you have proven that you are honest enough to not turn me over but dishonest enough to be useful. To learn” she continued smoothly.

“But I don’t want you to stab them, I want you to do what they want. Take me out there as if I were going along without the faintest idea. Then, then we strike. You’ll know when. The information will then be ours to extract and from there…well it depends what they say” she told him steadily.

She picked up the bottle and looked into its depths, barely enough for half a cup and that she poured into hers for what was to come. She called over the barmaid and another cup was produced for her and she traced her finger around the rims thoughtfully as she contemplated the plan. She downed one cup with a few gulps and felt it slip down and knew the bloom of her breath would reek of wine after the second cup. The rest would be a portion both of acting and actual inebriation. She looked at Pulren and downed the second cup swiftly afterwards, placing it down carefully – or trying to be careful as what she had drunk began to catch up with her.

“So, drunken couple it is then? Hopefully we’ll get them uh…get them where we want them quick enough. Also, know that what I do is not exactly a pretty job a lot of the time. Now, get me to the door as if you were going along with them and be ready to take one of them down” she told him as she plastered a grin across her face and pushed herself up.

“Be happy man, it might be the last time you get to grope me in public for the look of it” she snorted.

She slipped her arm around him for the support and the look of the thing and nodded towards the door of the tavern. This was going to be a fun day – wine, conversation, games and now most likely a fight or two to round off the day.

At least I’ll get the two of them off of my back she told herself, hoping she wasn’t going to throw up before the job was done.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on February 22nd, 2015, 6:20 am

He was very interested in her responses. The drink wasn't getting him so much. It wasn't affecting his attention, other than the slight bounce of her bosom as she spoke. He also felt that having only one eye was a blessing for men as the one that remained was so dazzling that a pair of the weapons would surely blind a man. Nodding and listening, keeping his fat mouth shut was the best of all plans. It was increasingly apparent that the drink had found its way to Pulren and he didn't want to die for it. His mind crept warily back to the alley and the withered old man that had nearly put him under. He wasn't that drunk and he wouldn't touch another drop on that night.

He smiled when he heard he had passed the test. He was relieved that the men were not part of it and that she accepted him and his simple skills. He almost felt like he had found a friend, if Sunberth allowed for such things. It often seemed as if the dirty little town had nothing to offer but blood and regret. He also found it pleasing that he didn't need to stab anyone. It was a grim business and he felt that the aura of the city pushed him onward to draw blood with an alarming ease. He most definitely liked the idea of acting and even better was the idea of acting like she was into him. He would play the part as real as one could.

"Drunken couple indeed. Nothing would suit me more, Miss." The actual play winding itself out in a room would, but that would be left for later fantasy. When he heard that he could grope her in public, he waggled his eyebrows slightly as he stood near her, his arm happy to creep around her waist and feel her bosom against his ribs. "I'll make sure to enjoy it, then, with your permission." She didn't say he wouldn't be able to grope her in private, after all. The pair made their way toward the door and he certainly didn't want to disappoint his teacher nor the audience, giving her bottom a good testing squeeze before they left the bar.

A damned, damned shame.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Royal on January 22nd, 2016, 2:13 pm

Zandelia
If you return to Mizahar, please PM me and I’ll upload your grade! :)

Pulren
Skills
Acting +5
Observation +2
Rhetoric +5
Seduction +3
Flirting +2
Investigation +4
Interrogation +3
Logic +5
Intelligence +5
Tactics +3

Lores
Following a Sunberthian Whisper
The Drunken Fish: Home to foul beer
Palaren: Has high standards for his drink
Zandelia: Striking… In her own way
Zandelia: More Cat than Dog
An invitation to play a game
Zandelia: A lover of games
Web’s test: To find information

Questions? Comments? Please don't hesitate to PM me!
Royal
You can call me Queen Bee

Words: 65918
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2015, 9:27 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous