Closed Consequences (Kuvarakh, Aislyn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Consequences (Kuvarakh, Aislyn)

Postby Yisanareysin on November 11th, 2014, 3:24 pm

Under normal circumstances, the barrage of inane questions would have irritated him. Why did they need to ask how many fingers he saw, or shine bright lights in his eyes, or ask his or anyone else's name? Still, he couldn't muster up the energy to care, not when it was so hard to remember to speak in common. When they asked for NiseMaya's name, it was all he could do to hiss at them that he'd love to know as well. But he managed to swallow the impulse, and just give them a hoarse "Maya" instead.

Apparently satisfied that his brain wasn't pudding, they started to ask about the two women. Idly, he wondered if forcing him to answer questions wasn't their way of checking how hoarse his voice was. He managed to answer three questions (No, "Maya" hadn't been stabbed that he could see, yes, she looked woozy, though that might have been his head spinning, and no, Wanda seemed fine to him) before he started coughing, his throat too sore for him to go on. The healers glanced at each other, probably irritated at his lack of information, but at least they stopped asking questions, which suited him just fine.

They laid him out on a sort of cloth and pole framework, and lifted him up. It seemed sort of unsteady, but frankly, he was too tired to care. He let them carry him out of the shop, and right across the street to a building he'd never seen before. A symbol just above the door caught his eye, and he squinted up at it as they passed. A... scroll? Or a bandage? Or something? One of the healers caught his puzzled expression. "This is Ionu's mercy. A healing house. We show up wherever we're needed." Well that explained why he'd never seen it before. Although on second thoughts, that really didn't mean anything in this city.

The inside of the building was surprisingly plain looking. Plain whiteness everywhere, people bustling around, beds, and not much else. They laid him down on one of the beds carefully, and began to unravel the makeshift bandage that surrounded his head. "How long..." he started hesitantly, before he was interrupted.

"Don't talk. And don't plan on going anywhere for a while." Rey sighed. This had started as such a good day.

SORRYSorry for the delay guys
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on November 12th, 2014, 1:57 am

Wanda turned back to Maya, waving at her to wait. She hurried into the shop for a moment and returned with a bag. It was not so heavy as to require two hands, but it was definitely loaded with something. She came back up to Maya and held the bag out to her.

"Actually, I've decided to have Kuvarakh owe ME the favor. It's simpler that way." She gestured toward the retreating healers and their patient. "I really don't know how long he'll be bedridden. I suppose it depends on how bad it is, or if there were wounds we didn't see. Naturally, I made arrangements for any costs to be sent to me. It's really the least I could do."

She smiled with a hint of sheepishness. "That's sort of my motivation here now. I was thinking I ought to do more than "the least I can do". So I gathered up a payment, basically, for bodyguard services. You've certainly earned them."

She raised her hand, shaking her head to dissuade any argument. "No, no, now, this was in MY shop, and you suffered threat and injury on my behalf. And this all stems from...my employee and his choice of body. He is the one that will be paying for this, as he should. This is coming out of his pay and I want you and...uh...didn't you say his name was "Rey"?...anyway, I want you to have this. In fact, I insist. Well, I mean I want BOTH of you to have it, to divide up. Five hundred mizas...Two-fifty apiece."

She would not take the bag back. "No, no...If you want to donate it to the orphanage or something, your share anyway, that's your business." Her grin got a bit more mischievous, "But be sure Rey gets his half before you do." she winked. "No, seriously, I'll won't feel like I did the right thing unless you take it. It will make up somewhat for running off scared like I did."

She stepped in to give Maya a hug, not noticing any change of the visual setting from the illusion, as she had her eyes closed with emotion. She stepped back, sniffling and wiping her eyes. She nodded her head a couple more times and turned back toward the shop, saying a last "Thank you." before disappearing inside.
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fable on January 16th, 2015, 9:19 am

Kuvarakh

Skills:
    Observation +3
    Investigation +1
    Rhetoric +2
    Leadership +1
    Socialization +2
    Story Telling +1

Notes :
Alrighty. So you did tell me this thread was intervened in, so that was a useful preface. Firstly, I'm going to assume someone gave you permission to effectively guest moderate this thread, which if that is the case, in the future please clearly state in the first post that this permission has been granted. However, if this wasn't a guest moderation situation, I will reiterate that Wanda is a city NPC, not a personal NPC. Writing entire posts in which only she is acting is not acceptable at all. Please do not do this in the future unless you have been approved to do so.

Rey

Skills:
    Intelligence +3
    Observation +5
    Socialization +5
    Auristics +2
    Weapon: Dagger +1
    Rhetoric +4
    Subterfuge +4
    Intimidation +3
    Running +1
    Investigation +2
    Planning +3
    Stealth +1
    Tactics +3
    Unarmed Combat +1
    Acrobatics +1
    Weapon: Spring Blade +1

Lores:
    Akalaks: Fertile Women Slavers
    "Maya": "Nise"
    Nuit: Body Swapping - Involves Glyphing
    Alvadas: Ionu's Mercy

Consequences: Scarring on the right cheek - faint due to the skill of the healers in Ionu's Mercy.

Notes :
Please remember that Rey is at a basic competency in common. You're currently writing him at a fluent proficiency. At basic, Rey should have a limited (though operational) vocabulary and a grasp on syntax. Comprehension should take conscious effort, though understanding the gist of what people are saying is still within his capabilities. As your character is a dhani, that race typically has a difficult time with "th" and elongated "s"s. At basic, covering up his accent with anything less than competent acting is a bit far fetched. I do understand that this may be the first time this had been addressed, so from this date OOC onwards, please try to write at your character's language proficiency. All threads that were written before now, however, don't need to be edited. Also, any thread before this date OOC can't be submitted towards a raise in fluency.

At your level of auristics, it should be pretty taxing to use. Keep in mind that Rey is a novice in this magic, and be aware that even a few moments focusing on a person's aura can leave a low-level aurist fatigued. Also, auras can only be sensed from those the aurist is focusing on. If he's not actively trying to evaluate someone else's aura, he will not be able to sense it. I do really enjoy that you've chosen to have him lean more towards the taste of the aura, really embracing his Dhani culture though!

Aislyn

Skill:
    Acrobatics +1
    Observation +5
    Persuasion +2
    Planning +1
    Rhetoric +3
    Socialization +5
    Subterfuge +3
    Tactics +2
    Drawing +2
    Intelligence +2
    Philosophy +1
    Investigation +2
    Acting +2
    Whistling +2
    Story Telling +1
    Intimidation +1
    Weapon: Knife +1
    Teaching +1
    Medicine +1

Lores:
    Philosophy: Trust and Treachery
    Drawing: Mugshots
    Akalak: Collectors of Fertile Women
    Combat Tactics: Stabbing a Stab Wound
    Medicine: Basic Bandaging

Notes :
A single marked follower of Ionu is only able to maintain illusions of one specific sense at a time. I'm not sure if you meant that when Kuv touched you, you had to consciously shift the illusion to make it look like you were being touched, or if you were trying to create the illusion that the clothes felt real. If it's the latter, that is beyond a single mark's capabilities if you're maintaining the illusion of "Maya". On that note, illusionism also requires conscious effort, and while it's totally acceptable that "Maya" is an easier illusion to both create and maintain due to practice, getting tossed around and beaten up without it faltering is pushing the limitations of the mark. While the illusion might hold, I would like to see some flickering or inconsistencies, especially when she's diverting most of her focus onto something else, like not dying.

More minor things, without the proper lores or level in medicine, it's unlikely Aislyn would know about concussions. In regards to the mention of tape, tape wasn't invented until around 1925ish, so it's unlikely it exists in Mizahar (though if you were writing and not really thinking about whether tape exists or not because you were trying to think of how to bandage things, it's definitely not the end of the world)

Additional Notes: Alrighty! So I a few more things I just want all of you to know. Ionu's Mercy is not an ambulance. While it's true it will find you if you're injured, there's about a 50/50 chance that there's only one person in the building to tend to the wounded, and while the building travels around, the people inside it aren't waiting on the inside to burst out and help everyone paramedic style.

Please also be conscious about roleplaying PCs in an NPC format. If you're going to be writing the actions of another PC, I really would like to see an OOC statement that you have been given permission by that PC to be used in that specific instance. In the realm of conversations, however, I will be a bit more lenient on that and let you and your thread partners decide how far you want to allow that. Specifically, I'm referring to having Phobius both be sent and having fetched Aislyn without him even being present in the thread.

All of that aside, however, this was an interesting thread. I do appreciate the intricacies of plot when it comes to Kuv's new body sparking all of this craziness! As far as the combat went? Well done. I was very impressed with both of your abilities to play at your respective skills and your absolute fearlessness to rough up your characters. It got tense, I got worried, and the resolution was pretty well done to boot. Overall, it was a well though out thread, good work!

If you have any questions about the notes I've given you or your grades, please feel free to PM me!
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous