Location [Entrance] The Rolling Waves

Please post all entries whether land or sea here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Entrance] The Rolling Waves

Postby Perplexity on September 30th, 2014, 11:36 pm

The Rolling Waves

Wanderers travel from far and wide to Zeltiva, usually seeking knowledge from its ancient University, or great fortunes amongst the city's commercial hub. Nestled on the south-eastern coast of Mizahar, the city is a remnant of a bygone era, much of its architecture dating back to the pre-Valterrian age: the age of the Suvan and Alahean Empires. It is a melting pot of races and peoples, with merchants travelling from distant lands to sell their wares.

ImageZeltiva has no gates, and so the city can be entered through one of two ways. Mountains funnel land arrivals through the narrow Mirahil pass, and into the city itself. Most of the Syliran traffic comes in this way, and people are free to walk in and out of the city as they please.

This means that Zeltiva is one of the most liberal cities in Mizahar. Most races are welcome, including ones scorned in other locations, with the exception of the Zith. Nuits for example, often visit Zeltiva in search of knowledge. Though the pass is not policed officially, sometimes Wave Guards will take post for a few chimes at a time to observe the comings and goings to the city.

The vast majority of visitors, however, arrive by sea. Ships can move freely from the Sebakem Ocean and then through the strait in Mathews Bay, docking at Zeltiva's extensive port. A myriad of small piers jut out of the docks for ships to use for loading and unloading.
The majority of arrivals of a mercantile nature arrive this way, and the docks provide fast connections to Mura, Sunberth, and Sahova.

Unmatched throughout Mizahar, it is said that a person can acquire travel to just about anywhere in the known world from Zeltiva's docks. It is from here that Kennabelle Wright first launched her voyage to circumnavigate the continent.

Players arriving into the city through either means must post here. A timestamp and short description of the arrival are required. Players leaving the city may also post their exit here, but this is not mandatory. All arriving and new players are advised to read through the Players Guide first.

Credit to Liminal and Oracle

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Isda Plorall on October 2nd, 2014, 11:25 pm

After several months of travel, he was finally here. In Zeltiva. Coming through the mountains with the traders was exhausting, but he was glad to have had company on the way. Even if they'd all die in a few years. Here he would learn knowledge unattainable through other means from the university. The city felt open and exposed compared to the dense trees of the spire. With nobody guarding the mountain pass, he strolled right in. The 'buildings' here were fantastic to say the least. They could provide sheltered from wind, rain and anything else really. Being from the spires, he was used to having trees for homes as well as molding the plants and trees around them to create their home. And then it hit him. They had to kill the trees to make this! The thought disgusted him, but he decided to study it nonetheless. I've come so far, I have to learn. If not, I have failed. He got caught up in studying the material on the outside of the building. (Wood)

A good 15 minutes later he realized that he hadn't registered with the university yet. I'd best go do that. He scanned the area hopelessly looking for it, and couldn't seem to find it. He realized he didn't even know what it looked like. He turned to a woman across the street and asked her, "Excuse me, where might I find the University?" The woman directed him through the exotic city, and soon enough he was there.
"Lets go for a walk." Alternate characters: Saede Lare
Isda Plorall
Player

Words: 2013
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2014, 7:29 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Alarin on October 13th, 2014, 3:12 am

27nd Day of Fall, 514 AV

Alarin leaned on the pillar, and reached to his right, loosening a rope to let some slack back into the sails. The ship began to slow, and the great harbor of Zeltiva drew closer. This was where his future lay. For now anyways. It also led to greater places. The greatest knowledge in the world was stored here. He only wanted a small portion of it. The part about music. No need for magic or architecture. There was magic enough in the sea at dawn. At dusk. In the noontime sun. He had no need for magic found in dark rooms with wizened old instructors in half-glasses.

He paused to check the wind, and leaned against the tiller, bringing the prow around around towards the docks, and it bumped into the wharf, sending him stumbling forward, and he caught himself on a line, tossing a line to the wharf and jumping over the edge to tie it up.

Gulls cried overhead. People shouted, offering fish and other goods for sale. Horses whinnied. Ropes creaked. Waves lapped against the docks. Salt was in the air. He reached across and pulled out his harp from below.

Time to set the chords a playing. The future was coming.
Alarin
Player

Words: 5361
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 3:35 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Algol on November 1st, 2014, 7:12 pm

Algol arrives in Zeltiva during this thread pertaining to his Fall.
Algol
Player

Words: 8467
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2014, 12:28 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Ireth Telemnar on November 19th, 2014, 2:52 am

Refuge from Refuge
Fall 59th, 514 A.V.

There was no doubt that Ellemyer was Ireth's daughter.

There was water in her veins.

Even now as they made their way along the coast, the sea rocked the merchant ship in such a way that Ireth was at peace, and her child slept blissfully in her mother's arms. Ire stood near the port side of the ship, looking out over the water with soft eyes. Above her head, gulls wheeled and called, stealing fish from the more sagely pelicans whilst avoiding other marauding gulls. Ellemyer didn't like to be taken below deck, she would bawl and cry ceaselessly no matter what Ireth tried.

Not that the busker had been expecting to get much sleep. The turmoil of emotions within her was like that of a Nykan street brawl, anger and sorrow and worry and fear and wonder all fought within her as she watched the waters. A tap on the shoulder spooked her from her thoughts, and she turned to face one of the merchant's sailors, a large but soft-spoken half-human. The jolt awoke little Elle, who wiggled a bit, but chose not to cry.

"Pardon the fright, miss. De cap'n wanted me to let ye know that we'd be makin' landfall come dusk."

The thought of wandering about a strange city at night concerned Ireth's adopted Nykan mindset. After nearly a year in the night-fearing city, Ireth couldn't remember the last time she had been outside cover after the fall of darkness.

Shaking her head to clear her scared mind, she smiled at the sailor. "Thank you." Zeltiva wasn't Nyka. The Aperture wasn't in Zeltiva, and neither were the hellish creatures that had inhabited it.

"Ye alright?" The sailor implored, his eyes watching the busker carefully.

"Not used to being outside at night is all." Like she'd been doing for seasons now, she avoided mentioning her true home city, "I come from Nyka, where we don't go outside after dark for fear for our lives."

Elle wriggled again and cooed, causing the sailor's face to soften further. He met the gaze of the baby, and let a weathered finger graze the blanket where it covered Ellemyer's leg. "Ye'll be alright, miss. Zeltiva has some good people in 'er. Find the World's End Grotto, that'll be the best place for ye to stay."

Ireth nodded and both the travelers turned their attention momentarily to the baby in Ire's arms. Ireth had swaddled the girl in a blanket to keep her warm against the cool ocean air.

"Would... Would you show me the way? I need some help with my trunk. I'll pay you?"

The sailor chuckled. "As ye wish miss. Just know that it'll be a while after we make port for me to be able te do so, I have te help the rest o' de crew unload the cargo. Ye'll have to wait for me to get done."

Ireth shrugged. "I'll wait. I'd much rather not have to wander the city alone at night and then have to send someone to retrieve my things later on. Might as well get it over now than trouble you all tomorrow."

"Ye're no trouble ma'am..." Someone shouted for the sailor.

"If ye let the wench distract ye one more time there'll be complications boy!"

The sailor grimaced and stalked off, leaving the busker to turn back toward the mesmerizing waves, her child cooing gently in her arms.

The merchant's vessel didn't make the best time, but it had been the only accommodations that Ireth had been able to make in as short of notice as she did. Ire shivered. She missed Toan. He'd been her best friend, the closest thing she had to family since Savio had left her. Surely, surely he was going to be happier in Sunberth. He needed to be there as much as she didn't need to be there. None of that affected the fact that she now missed his wit and serene smile.

~ ~ ~

The lights of Zeltiva danced on the water of the bay as the sun set behind the city. It was a beautiful sight, Ireth had to admit. And she couldn't have been more thankful that the docks didn't reek of garbage and sewage the way that the Sunberthian docks had. The air was clean, the buildings looked solid against the sky as opposed to the staggering wooden structures that had dominated the Sunberth horizon. A couple of men from the city had met the ship when the sailors anchored at the docks. The young man that had spoken to Ireth earlier had brought her trunk above deck and set it out of the way of the rest of the crew. So that's where Ireth sat, out of the way, as she stared at the unfamiliar city and breastfed little Elle while the crew unloaded the merchant's cargo. The air was cooling with the nightfall, reminding the busker that winter was approaching faster than she was ready for. Here she was, in a new city, with no safenet, lost and alone, just before winter. She glanced down at Ellemyer, nearly crying. Elle deserved so much better....

"Miss? Ye alright?" Ire looked up into the face of the young sailor and wiped her eyes.

"Yes, yes... Did you need something?"

"We're done unloadin' the cargo. Would ye like to go now?"

"Yes, please. After I pay the captain." The sailor took up Ireth's trunk and Ire payed her dues to the merchant captain. He accepted her money with a stoic glance and watched as the pair left the ship.

[Continued in Refuge from Refuge]
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Alen Havar on November 25th, 2014, 9:18 pm

deleted
Last edited by Alen Havar on December 14th, 2014, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alen Havar
Player

Words: 3629
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2014, 4:40 pm

Postby Dellalas Havar on November 25th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Alen_Havar wrote:
Alen can be seen entering Zeltiva Here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic54772.html

As can Dellalas ^^
Dellalas Havar
Player

Words: 3307
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Naomi Ward on November 26th, 2014, 5:59 am

Fall the 14th of 514 AV

She could practically feel the salt seeping into her pores as she was brought into Zeltiva. It was nothing like Syliars, even the port she hung around at did not feel as this city did. It was oddly foreign to her. Yet she did not mind the feelings swilling inside of her mind and stomach. It had to be early in the morning. The pink speckled sky was beginning to change colors with a passion.

While her eyes were distracted, the boat brought her closer and closer. There was a churning sickness in her belly, it could not have been the dreaded seasickness. The Kelvic would have had that a long time ago. No, this was guilt. The jewellery on her kept her from vomiting, closing her eyes for a second she inhaled the salty air and than relaxed herself. She did not have much to carry with her.

Other than the clothes in her pack and the weapon on her shoulder. Turning her head there was a man helping the people out of the boat, all of them wanted nothing more than to get off of the wooden death trap. Naomi included. Placing her soft hand in his she hauled herself up and brushed off the none existent dirt on her pants. He gave her an odd look,

"Why would a lady of yer looks be comin to Zeltiva?"

"I wanted to get away from home."

"Well good luck, ye don't look like the sea type."

"What is that supposed t-" Naomi caught herself. She just got into this city and she wasn't ready to have a bad reputation, already. Narrowing her eyes she simply glared at him and than went on with her business. Entering the city with ease and little hassle. Maybe she could forget about her life in Syliars here.. maybe not.
Naomi Ward
Forever within solitude.

Words: 8590
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2014, 2:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiyami on December 19th, 2014, 4:44 pm

1st of Winter, 514AV, 2nd Bel

"The dead of the night seems almost fitting now, doesn't it?", Shiyami muttered, as he walked into the city, followed closely by his companions. The odder looking of his two companions had stopped walking, but the third one floated on, the only one careless about acting alive.

"What's this place called?", the younger of the two, Kichi, asked with a cheerful tone. Even mid-question, she was spinning around to look at the city again. Smiling at the girl's antics, Shiyami answered with a simple, "Current home".

The trio of ghosts continued to move forward, while excitedly waiting for their new experiences within the city to start.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Johanne on January 26th, 2015, 3:22 pm

1st Winter 514AV

Johanne stumbled slightly moving off the gangplank, earning a giggle from the young boy on the dock, dangling his feet off the edge, looking so much like little Johan from back home. She flushed, pulling her pack ever closer to her, her head down and feet focused on finding steady land.

This, then, was Zeltiva. The fresh smell of sea salt lingered on the air, but it would be foolish of her, she knew, to think that this was some small shanty sea town. She'd heard enough in her travels from Wind Reach to know that this was the main hub of active trade in the world, that people came and went and barely had to give a name, and she thought to find Joseph in this mess? On her long haul over here, she'd cursed her foolish decision making, but by the gods, she was nothing if not idealistic.

But first, somewhere to rest, and food, too. She might even be tempted by a mug of ale. All she knew is she'd be damned before getting on a bot again any time soon. With that, Johanne pulled her pack closer, and set off into Zeltiva proper.
x
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh
Johanne
These scars are stories.

Words: 168999
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2012, 8:48 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)