PM to join Bear Scratch Fever (Dor'gen, Firenze)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Bear Scratch Fever (Dor'gen, Firenze)

Postby Dor'gen on November 28th, 2014, 4:40 pm

For a moment, the Akalak allowed his gaze to fall upon the produce that he had purchased for Firenze. In light of the small price he paid, the collection of fruit was indeed a small bounty. Being that they were the epitome of freshness, Dor'gen found himself a touch envious that the Kelvic would get to enjoy all of the fruit. This, of course, was due to the fact that the Akalak had not eaten since earlier in the day...and the fact that he had carried the young woman all throughout town. Now that the crisis had been averted due to Kechaiya's careful treatment, Dor'gen had the opportunity to turn his attention away from the wellbeing of his beautiful acquaintance...and place them onto the needs of his own body. To say the least, he was a growing ravenous by the minute.

Tearing himself away from the glorious assortment of fruit, Dor'gen placed his gaze upon Firenze. She was completely naked and seemed comfortable, despite the fact that two strangers were present within the room. If the roles were reversed and it was Dor'gen on the table, he was absolutely certain that he would be excessively uncomfortable. However, the Kelvic seemed to be completely at ease. Perhaps it was the fact that she was in pain, and thereby had her attention upon ignoring the sting of her wounds? In any case, the Akalak did his absolute best to be proper about the whole situation. Due to how compromising her position was, Dor'gen kept his eyes either locked on hers or averted; simply out of respect.

At this point, his fingertips clutched a single stem of vibrant green. It branched off into a trio of smaller "branches", with each being burdened by the weight of a crimson berry. The berries were very plump and seemed to be filled to the brim with succulent juices. Oh how the temptation was there! Dor'gen would have gladly popped all three of the berries into his mouth without little thought; if not for the fact that they were meant for his injured friend. Perhaps he would stop by the same stalls on the way back home and grab some berries. Yes, that seemed like a solid plan. With this excellent plan in mind, the Akalak held the fruit aloft with the expectation that the Kelvic would reach out for them. After all, she was now conscious and had some strength back...

...But, it seemed as though Firenze didn't mind being fed by his hand.

In fact, Dor'gen got the distinct impression that she expected the berries to be directly fed to her. With but the gentlest smile, she parted her lips in anticipation of being fed. For some reason, this caused a touch of heat to manifest itself upon the Akalak's cheeks...for his mind wandered back to that "moment" they had shared a few chimes ago. Dor'gen had never, in the whole of his life, being in a situation where he had to hand feed a woman. Yet, there he was, having his fingers licked clean of berries by a stunning woman that he barely even knew. This thought alone was enough to cause him to blush; much to his chagrin. Despite his best efforts to shrug off the heat which continued to creep its way over his face, the Akalak knew little success.

Plus, he wasn't going to keep Firenze waiting.

"Here you are." he said softly, regarding the woman with a gentle smile of his own. Taking a step closer, he dangled the berries just over her mouth until one settled upon her bottom lip. At that point, reflex would take over, resulting in the berry being bitten clean off of the "branch". This would be repeated thrice until there was no more fruit left upon the stem; and three berries were not enough food by any stretch of the imagination. Settling the edge of his posterior upon the table, the Akalak then began to feed the Kelvic pieces of fruit. One by one, he tended to her carefully; chuckling every so often when stray juice would escape from the edges of her mouth. All the while, Kechaiya busied herself with tending to the wounds with stitching.

As Firenze chewed over her fruit, the Akalak watched out of his peripheral vision. By his estimation, Kechaiya was exceptionally skilled at what she did. Her fingers moved with a combination of grace and precision that earned respect on the part of the Akalak. In fact, if ever he were in need of being stitched up, Dor'gen would have no qualms about seeking out this particular doctor. After all, her price was not excessive (by his estimation anyway) and she did an excellent job of saving Firenze's life. "By the way," he said, addressing his words to the dark-eyed doctor, "thank you for helping my friend. I don't know what we would've done if you weren't here. Thank you." With this, he also lowered his head respectfully for a tick.

Then came the inquiry of inquiries: why was Firenze naked?

This warranted a careful glance to the Kelvic, for Dor'gen was not exactly certain what Sunberth's take on the species was. However, due to the doctor's obvious foreignness, the Akalak did not think that it would hurt to divulge the information. Besides, if it came down to him having to face down slavers because of it...he knew exactly where to find the dark-eyed doctor. After all, this wasn't a Clinic or shop. This was the woman's personal residence. "She's a Kelvic." he said simply, electing to leave it at that. From that point, the next few chimes revolved around finalizing the treatment. Stitches were made, instructions were given regarding what to look for in infections, and final goodbyes were said. Firenze was, awkwardly, wrapped up in the Akalak's cloak once more before resuming her journey in his arms.

"You're going to have to tell me where you live. I'm flying blind here." he said, giving her a small smile.

NoteIn light of Kechaiya's retirement, I'm pushing the plot a little bit. Using logical conclusion and all that joy.
Word Count1,006

Image Image Image
Dor'gen
The Furious.

Words: 152513
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2014, 1:46 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Firenze on November 30th, 2014, 3:25 am

As Firenze laid on the table, the woman began to clean her hands, splashing something that smelled like alcohol. She watched, her head tilted to the side, as she rubbed her hands together after splashing the liquid on them and then grabbed a pair of clamps. Fire worried for a moment that the woman would be using those on her, until she saw that she actually grabbed the needle with it. Sucking in a deep breath and trying to let it out slowly she wished that she had something that would dull the pain. Fire turned her head away from the needle not wanting to see what she was going to do with it, she tried to focus on the ceiling of the apartment while she waited. Her head swam and it made her feel dizzy, panic starting to overwhelm her again slightly.

Just as she was starting to feel ill, there off to her side was Dor’gen, steady as a rock through everything that she’d been through today. He was there when the bear was about to kill her, he was there when it came after her again and here he was, again, sitting by her side, quiet and strong. It briefly gave her relief and the dizziness receded back some what as she focused on him. She smiled meekly trying to keep her eyes on his as he reached for some fruit that was near her on the table, just as she opened her mouth slightly for him.

There were three fat little berries on a thick little stem that came into view as he moved the fruit to her mouth, setting one of the berries softly on her lips, "Here you are." She took it in her mouth, chewing on it slowly, the other berries following suit. Just as she was starting to slowly relax she felt movement over her skin and the sharp piercing pop as the needle broke her skin near one of the scratch marks. She tried to keep her eyes on Dor’gen, afraid that if she looked down that she might pass out again.

The dizzying feeling started to creep back as she grabbed for his open hand and squeezed, trying to concentrate on their connection rather then the thread that was slowly sliding through her skin. Every movement Kechaiya made she could feel, her skin becoming more sensitive and hot with each tug, threading and snip. Closing her eyes for a moment, inhaling a slow breath she tried to concentrate on her breathing, making sure that it stayed steady so that she wouldn’t lose the important nutrients that she had just consumed.

Opening them again, she noticed that Dor’gen was still watching her, it pleased her that he was so worried. She didn’t know why he would be worried about her, What is the root of the worry? She began to wonder. “By the way,” Dor’gen spoke as he looked at the woman that was worrying smoothly and slowly on her wounds, "thank you for helping my friend. I don't know what we would've done if you weren't here. Thank you." Firenze realized that she was quite lucky herself. She’d heard the rumors of the doctor that was in town, and not all the rumors had been pleasant. Of course, he tried his best to cure your ailments, but sometimes people would walk away almost in worse shape then they had started in, the doctor not afraid to try “new techniques.”

Turning her head back to the woman, her eyes glanced down for a moment, and that was all it took for Fire to become transfixed on the woman working. She noticed as the pain of the needle had dulled from the adrenaline in her system, mixed with the constant poking of her skin making the nerves over stimulated and to become slightly numb, she wondered too if the paste and what she’d drank had some sort of help in the cause. The needle popped out from her skin and slid smoothly, Kechaiya grabbed it with one of her clamps and pulled it, the thread attached zipped through her skin and slowly pulled it together. Fire was amazed as how well the finished cuts looked, neat little lines of stitches made their way along her skin, following the scratch. Looking up to the woman’s face, it was etched with concentration, it was kind of hard to determine her expression the dark eyes not giving very much emotion away. “Yes, Thank you.”

After she spoke she felt Dor’gen’s eyes on her after the black eyed woman asked why she was naked when she was fighting the bear, How am I going to explain that? Should I tell her? Just as she had the thought, the panic rising slowly in her, Dor’gen took charge and answered the question for her, “She’s a Kelvic.” It was short and sweet, and they didn’t have to tell the woman what kind of Kevlic, it made her grateful that Dor’gen took on the responsibility of answering the question, Firenze didn’t feel that she was up for answering the task lest she say too much.

As the woman finished stitching up the end of the last scratch, pulling the last knot tight, Firenze sighed heavily, glad that she could relax for a moment now that Kechiaya had finished. Saying their thanks again to the woman, Fire pulled the cloak back over herself, thankful for it’s warmth. Snuggling into Dor’gen’s chest as he picked her back up, inhaling his musky scent it relaxed her, despite the sting of the fresh stitches.

"You're going to have to tell me where you live. I'm flying blind here." He shifted her slightly as he pushed the door open and the cooling air brushed against the parts of her face that were exposed. For a moment she almost felt ashamed to tell him where she lived, she wanted to impress him and she didn’t feel that her little shack in the cheap side was fancy enough to do that.

It was her place to call home, and she was grateful for it, having a place of her own better than having no place at all and living on the streets, but she felt as if she should have something a little nicer. “I... I live in the cheap side, in a shack over there.” She turned her face away from him the best that she could, trying to hide the flush in her cheeks from the embarrassment. Fire wanted to impress the man that had impressed her with every thing he did, and she wasn’t sure why, only that it was important to her.

She wiggled her hand out from the folds of the cloak and pointed him in the direction that they needed to go, hoping that he knew his way around Sunberth. She didn’t know much about the large muscular purple man, but she could tell that he was strong and a warrior, something that she aspired to be, and that spoke volumes.

As they made their way over to her shack, her trying to give him directions, they finally made it. She tried to get to her feet, the pressure of standing making her ache. She hobbled slowly over to the cold hearth, wondering if the shack was messy or if she had remembered to pick her things up before she had left to hunt earlier. She wasn’t the best at housekeeping and sometimes would leave things scattered around. Grabbing some logs near the edge of the hearth, she tossed them in, not even trying to arrange them like she normally would. Her breathing starting to labor she grabbed her chair and dragged it toward her, it’s legs dragging loudly against the floor.

She cautiously set herself in it, not even caring that she was still roughly wrapped in his cloak with nothing underneath. She reached up to where her locket normally laid, an old habit that she’d developed of rubbing it coming to the front, only to discover that it wasn’t there. “Oh no! Dor’gen I left all my things in the forest!” She didn’t even think twice about telling him where the things were, “I buried them at the bottom of a tree on the edge of the forest, the tree is just north of the city, there’s a small animal path that I usually take up there and it’s just to the right of the path. I know you’ve already done so much for me today but...” tears started to well up in her eyes at the thought of losing her necklace and small amount of things.

She didn’t have much, but what she did have mattered to her and if she lost those she didn’t have many mizas left to get new. “Would you mind getting my things for me? I don’t want to take advantage of you of course, I could always go and get my things in the morning.” She looked over to the large Akalak that made her shack look tiny, hoping that he would help her... yet again.

OOC InfoWord Count = 1515

Writing partner no longer available to write with. Turning in for a grade.

Can it be assumed that her things were retreived? That was the original plan prior to recent events.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shakune on February 4th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Dorgen
SKILLS
Observation, 5
Herbalism, 1
Medicine, 2
Rhetoric, 1
Running, 1
Investigation, 1

LORES
Rescuing a Tigress in distress
Sunberth: money talks
The mysterious reviving plant
Medicine: Not exactly glamorous
The temptation of sweet berries
A gentleman never ogles

REPURCUSSIONS
-5GM for medical services
-1SM for 1 pint of Honey
-5SM for food

Firenze
SKILLS
Observation, 5
Botany, 1
Medicine, 2

LORES
Dor'gen: Safety & warmth
Blissful unconsciousness
A grim awakening
Dor'gen: He blushes!
The sweet taste of Brinetooth
Dor'gen: Steady as a rock

Sorry I couldn't reward you more skills! Given Firenze's state in this thread I tried to give as much as I could and make up for it in lores :)

Great thread guys! And well done for tying everything up so smoothly after Kechaiya's retirement. Firenze, I see no problem that would stop you getting your things back.

If you have any concerns about your grades, don't hesitate to send me a PM. Also, please remember to delete your grade request.
Shakune
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 281911
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2014, 10:43 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous