Closed [ The Training Grounds ] The Newcomer Unveiled ( Nivel )

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[ The Training Grounds ] The Newcomer Unveiled ( Nivel )

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 5th, 2015, 1:13 am

39th of winter 514 A.v

As the wind passes through the vicinity, and the cold settles in. The snow upon the very ground which people walked about practically blanketed it. The day was oh so pristine and lovely the Sun was luminous. The day was bright, and yet the snow absolutely refused to melt. Today was glorious, beautiful and idiosyncratic all at the same time. The winds practically sang to the ears of Sieghart. He this day wore no more then his simplistic pair of short boots, and trousers of wool. With studded leather armor covering his torso, and the hide of a hunter resting upon both his shoulders; As if it were a cape. The cranial structure of the wolves hide hung downward behind the neck of Sieghart. The males attire fluttered about, and yet he wasn't cold. The studded leather armor he wore was layered atop a very thick wool shirt. So that he could indeed battle the cold upon this glorious day.

He simply wished to find a spar, and one that would interest him. He cared very little about being battered or bruised ; After all, the more steel clattering and blood blazing the better. He simply wished to become stronger, and was no stranger to fighting at this point. He would attempt to enter the battle with a clear mind. For he knew that if he were to enter a battle filled with fear, or with anger that he would simply fail! He would fail, before the battle even begun. That he would never do, and he reminds himself why that truth is each and every day..

He thinks of his father, on a daily basis and what his life would be like had he still been around. He misses his father dearly, and the very thought saddens him. It practically makes him sick to his stomach, but he knows that in order to be a good fighter; He must learn to swallow pain and accept failure just as it is. The learning experience is always better then the experience of simple battling and combat. Combat requires quite a large amount of thinking, and even the slightest mistake can cause one to fail.

Therefore he would attempt and try his best not to simply begin allowing his mind to wander off. As it always did in the midst of battle, and he fought the urge to simply devour snow rather hard. Adhered to his right hip was the very sword given to him by his father; Just before his death. The fingers of his cold hand coil about the hilt of the blade. His thin lips part, the cerulean iris of his eye begins to analyze the area. Before he speaks out in a tone filled with gasconade.

" Aye! Which of ye fine men are willing to spar against me? I feel that a bit of training could do us all some good!"
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Words: 41710
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2015, 7:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on February 8th, 2015, 3:45 am

The harsh weather was becoming less prickly today than it had been other days, and as such far more fighters were willing to train out in the fluffy white snow. Nivel was relieved that she was no longer confined by the bitter chill into the tiny stone hallways of the training grounds were the possibility of being stepped on was so high. Snow was also a huge draw to the outdoors that was far too cold to experience on other colder days. Once out on the fighting pit it wasn’t long before Nivel found herself frolicking about in the soft hills of sparkling powder instead of training like she was supposed to. The Mage squire was capable of restraint as one who wields magic should be, but she had her weaknesses and snow was apparently one of them.

Nivel spent a good chunk of time in creating a fortress of tunnels in a large snow drift much like rats or mice do in winter. She had a few unfortunate cave ins but was eventually able to salvage a cozy little cave of her own. A little snow friend was constructed and promptly named Sir Pebbleton the second, since the first Sir Pebbleton she made was far too mushy. The pycon was busy daydreaming of the heroic life story of the Great Sir Pebbleton when one of the sparing fighters was thrown into the snowdrift, obliterating the entire fort and Sir Pebbleton with it. When the armour clad fighter pulled himself off and Nivel reformed herself, she sat and mourned the loss of her fallen comrade. She laid a small pebble where he had fallen and made a solum oath to rebuild him another day. For now she would need to stop her foolishness and start actually training like she should have been doing chimes ago.

She was about to find a good place to meditate and stretch when she heard someone call out a challenge. The casting call seemed to be directed specifically at the men but they all seemed too busy to listen so Nivel assumed the tall folk could make an exception for her if she asked. She quickly scurried up to the man with the sand coloured hair and waved her slender arms to get his attention.
“I’m not a man but I would like to spar with you if you’ll have me?” Her winged ears fluttered as she spoke in a voice far to deep to come from someone so small. She didn’t make any efforts to move her face until the end of her proposal but it was too late and didn’t match up with what she was saying. She found mimicking other creatures to be difficult but it was something she was determined to do regardless. To Nivel is was more about perfecting a skill than to appease the comfort level of the people around her, to her knowledge no one had a problem with her odd mannerisms. Unfortunately she was all to aware of how underestimated pycons usually were so she had a retort ready if this man were to mock her based on her small stature.

Last edited by Nivel on February 28th, 2015, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 8th, 2015, 4:03 am

"... Surely, I'm simply a duelist out to have fun, and I've learned as of quite some time ago never to underestimate an opponent in any case at all.. If you take no offense to this, may I ask exactly what in the world you are? I've never even encountered a creature that looks like you before. So would you mind telling me? "

He'd spoken, whilst tilting his head to the right. Looking at the woman in a funny manner, due to the fact that her size not to mention majority of everything else confused him about her. Even her ears looked rather strange, but he knew that just because of the fact something appears to be one way doesn't mean that it is that particular way. He was practically scared out of his mind. What in the world could this creature do, what was it capable of and what in gods name could it do? Was the creature poisonous, was it incredibly strong for it's size.. He couldn't put his finger on exactly what was wrong with it.. Although that aspect was meaningless, an opponent is still an opponent and will have to be attacked at all costs by any means necessary.

He begins to think and to analyze the opponent, or rather attempt to do so. Due to the fact that his opponent was incredibly small in size in comparison to him. The palm of the males hand impacts the pommel of his weapon, and he is practically ready to draw. The simplistic clattering of steel from within the pommel excited him all on it's own.

Alright, I know the opponent is shorter then me so I'll have to keep her away from me at a distance. The shorter people tend to be the faster they tend to move, and being that I'm taller I know for a fact that if she gets close to me I am finished. I will lose the battle before it even begins if I let her get close.. So I'll keep her away and at a distance by making use of the length of my blade. After all it is 3 ft and 7 inches long with a hilt length of six inches. He is fully prepared to be stricken, and to strike although he wasn't even sure his weapon could leave a scratch on the opponents skin. It too looked odd, everything about this little creature was odd. So he knew he had to be extra cautious in this battle.

He'd begun to raise his opposing hand which wasn't upon the pommel of his sword. Making a rather odd motion, touching his forehead with the tips of his fingers. Which were all covered by his teethed gauntlets, tapping his forehead, before he moves down and taps the center of his chest cavity. Before he moves his arm and taps his pectoral, and taps his other pectoral. Making a crucifix with his hand motions, Symbolizing that he wishes for Priskil's will to guide him in this battle.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on February 8th, 2015, 6:36 am

“I’m a Nivel!”The Pycon shot back until she realized that wasn’t the information the Tall folk wanted to know “Oh sorry that’s my name uh I guess you would call me a pycon” She paused for a moment as she pondered his question “What kind of Tall Folk are you?” Nivel liked names but she felt that the Tall folk were even more attached to them then she was, having different names for each other biased on how many arms they had or whether they could turn into animals or not. This kind of thinking would get way to complicated if it were done back in Pyconia. The Squire only had two arms so he wasn’t like Aventis or Sayana and his eyes didn’t seem to change colour like Athaera but it was still up in the air whether he could turn into something else or if he had any other special abilities.

“Oh sorry I didn’t even ask your name” Nivel blurted out as her ears stiffened in frustration. She usually biased her opinion on a person by their name, it was like the key to unlocking their aura. she could look at a persons aura at any time but it was more fun to guess its nature or even have the auras speak directly to her. This sandy haired squire didn’t have a powerful enough aura to speak to her but it was to be expected as very few did.

The strange squire started preforming some sort of strange pre spar ritual, and it made her wonder if this tall folk was a mage. She didn’t sense any magic about him but maybe he had found a way to hide his aura some how. Nivel would need to be cautious around him incase he he did have arcane power at his disposal. She felt the best way for her to prepare was with magic of her own, just as a precaution.

She started a little dance to harness her power and keep her focused so she could use flux if she needed too. She began with a subtle rhythmic sway of her torso that spread out to her other limbs like ripples in water but with less fluidity. Her tails had a mind or their own and bounce and spasm with out rhyme of reason but her ears flapped softly in steady repetition. To a subtle observer this didn’t seem like it would be relaxing or be the least bit of help in concentrating but to Nivel it helped greatly in both finding and keeping a mental hold on her djed.

Last edited by Nivel on February 8th, 2015, 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 8th, 2015, 7:08 am

Sieghart inhales deeply, before exhaling and allowing the warm air to exit his esophagus, and enter the air about him. Now he begins to slowly but steadily unsheathe his longsword. Slamming his right foot into the ground directly below himself, and positioning his left foot sixteen inches behind the right foot. Allowing the toes of his right foot to dig into the snow slightly. His feet were kept warm and protected by the boots that he'd worn on this mighty fine day. He was still protected from the cold, and only wished to become friends with the little creature. A spar was all that he needed to quench his thirst, and it somewhat made him a bit of a better thinker; The smarter the better.

He begun making plans, as he took up a stance and bent both his knees simultaneously at a forty degree angle. Making sure that his left foot was turned facing away from the opponent. He hoped that this stance would provide him with a bit more balance in the battle that was soon to come. The much more petite creature did something rather odd. All he was capable of doing; was being absolutely baffled. Now, Sieghart speaks and utters a few words from his lips. "Priskil, only your light shall guide me in this battle my lord. I beg of you, give me strength and show me no mercy! May your light lay hands upon all of the land. " He'd exclaimed before he proceeds to place his right hand directly beneath the cross-guard of his longsword. Leaving his left hand to be nearest to the pommel, directly beneath the right hand.

He bends his elbows and turns the pommel of the blade toward his pectoral. Pointing the length of the 42 inch blade at the opponent. Aligning it with the petite opponents chest cavity. With his faith unwavering, he knew that he shan't fear this opponent. For fear is what causes one to lose ; The only thing to fear is fear itself. Fear, like a chain of restraint wraps around the neck of the free; Pinning them down and leaving them immobilized and unable to do anything on their own accord. Fear, is no more then an illusion built to tear asunder the bonds of men and women alike. Fear, is what causes the warrior to become but a chicken waiting to be seasoned. Fear, is what leads to the loss of mind and strength. So he shall have none in this battle, although he knew not of what a "Pycon" Was he cared very little. The answer was simple, do not underestimate, do not over-estimate. Keep a level head and you shall be the victor
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on February 9th, 2015, 5:00 am

The odd Tall Folk didn’t share his name with Nivel, which frustrated her a bit but she let it go in order to keep her Nexus focused. She was sure she would find out who this man was if not by his name but by his actions. It soon became apparent that he may not be doing a magic ritual like Nivel had thought but a prayer to his god. This didn’t make the pycon any less cautious though as the blessings from the gods were undeniably powerful. The squire’s run in with the followers of Ionu demonstrated just how formidable they could be. From the prayer this tall folk was uttering it sounded like he was worshiping a god or goddess of battle but there was so much Nivel didn’t know about the heavens,. It was impossible to anticipate what an unknown opponent had up there sleeves so Nivel banished this train of thought from her nexus as well.

By the stance the Tall Folk made he wasn’t going to make the first move so it would have to be ladies first. Nivel wasted no time and charged froward toward the giant “Hope you’re ready because here I come” She called out as she ran on her tiny clay legs. Her arms grew in length like fast growing vines but her ears withered away at the same moment. She made a snap lash of her whip like tendrils in the direction of his ancles followed by a swift and precise tumble. This tumble wasn’t entirely evasive as it was directed forward towards her opponent and it didn’t end right away. The pycons body formed into a ball and she used the momentum of her running and tumble to propel herself forward hopefully past her opponents defences.

She planned to jump towards his unsuspecting leg like a monkey to a tree although the pycons battle plans rarely ever worked like they were supposed to. She prayed to Harameus that having placed himself so firmly in his stance that the Tall Folk wouldn’t be able to kick her. She didn’t think of his sword or the possibility he might be able to block her path with it. She was mostly focused on his feet since thats what tall folk usually resort to using against her. Tall Folk always seem to be paranoid of small things crawling up their legs, Nivel observed it a few times with their reactions to mice and spiders. It seemed silly to the pycon since none of these creatures seemed to ever be able to do much harm, if anything it was usually the other way around.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 9th, 2015, 5:15 am

... What in blazing hell is this? I've never seen an attack form like this before.. What do I do to stop it? Perhaps maybe if I can.. No.. Not going to work.. Yes, I'll have to move in and if I run away then I will fail. Yet, if I charge forward then the opponents attack will become pointless..

Now was the time, he proceeds to throw a thrust of his longsword. Whilst rotating his hips into the strike. So that he might be able to have a bit more force behind the impact of the weapon. Leaving the opponent to be running directly into the length of his sword. He knew nothing else that he could've possibly done to avoid it, and rather or not he was struck he didn't care. So long as he got the chance to learn and spew his name to the opponent.

"My name, is Sieghart Valorian! I fight in your name, Priskil!"

He'd spoken in a tone filled with boastfulness. How absolutely lovely, that attack was something that he'd never encountered before. Something that was both incredibly fast and strong. He was only further learning about these so called "Pycons" That they can manipulate their bodies on a whim seems like.. She went from being the short and absolutely adorable creature that she was, to what looked like a foreign object flying through the air. Yes, then if she can do that it means that she is more then likely to run into attacks.. I'm unsure of rather or not it is true, but if they can manipulate their bodies on a whim ; Then surely a strike will practically be useless against one of these creatures. All he could do was hope, and have strong faith in his motions.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on February 10th, 2015, 5:59 am

A sudden blockade slammed into the stone ground in Nivel’s path and it almost caught her off guard but she was able to narrowly jump over it like a hurdle. His attack didn’t hit her but it certainly destroyed her momentum and she quickly bounced back to her regular shape. Her opponent announced his name as Sieghart Valorian as his slash collided with the ground. There was a power behind the sound of his name that Nivel enjoyed, she didn’t know its source but it was undeniably there. This Sieghart fellow fought in the name of Priskil, and Nivel knew she would have to ask who this deity was when this fight was over. Nivel could tell his devotion was great and she admired that.

She was determined to win this fight since she desperately wanted to catch up to the level of the other pycon squires who seemed to have become well known for their fighting prowess. The best she was able to ever attain was a tie and some were attained more out of pity than skill. Nivel had a modest reputation as a competent Mage, but as long as she was compared to Ball and Arch she would never be satisfied.

There was a decision she would have to make in each of her fights, to flux or not to flux. She could surprise her opponent with amazing speed and easily catch them of guard but she would also tire easy and fall prey to attacks she would normally be able to avoid with ease. She was getting better at her use of this volatile form of magic but it was still a tough beast to tame. Her nexus didn’t stir long on this quandary, this was a spar and the best time to try new things and see how they work. She would just have to deal with the consequences of head and body aces the following day, but she was always prepared for that.

Nivel mentally found her streams of died and redirected them a bit from her upper to lower body as she usually did. The energy distribution wasn’t much so it didn’t take to long, but there was still a brief pause where she didn’t move. It was probably just enough time to make Sieghart think he had an easy opening. He would be wrong as she received a sudden rapid burst of speed that she used to get between his legs. The Pycon thought she could ether injure his legs or start her climb easier if he couldn’t see her.

If she had succeeded in blasting through Sieghart’s legs, she would launch another whip arm directed at his calf. This would be both used as an attack and as a means to climb the giant. Nivel wasn’t sure what she would do once she was on his leg as she wasn’t a very good climber. She would simply have to do her best to hang on as long as she could while he attempted to jostle her off.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 10th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Sieghart steps forward, and maintains his counter stance. The male raises both his hands simultaneously, before he bends his knees widening his stance. Not only that, but increasing his level of balance as well. A deep inhalation preceded a solemn exhalation. Slowing his heart rate slightly, and allowing him to think much more clearly; For now. He makes note of the sudden cease of action, and knows that if he moves he'll be countered rather swiftly. Therefore he proceeds with caution, and lowers his weapon; Only slightly. Pointing it at a downward angle, the tip of the blade remained aligned with the opponents cranial structure, nevertheless.

He suspected a massive counter attack oncoming.. Why else would an opponent simply stand still in the middle of a battle? Now, Sieghart continues to get ever so close to the opponent. Yet, remaining a few paces away as a precaution so that he might not be seriously injured in the process. The blade remained in a lowered stance, Due to the fact that the opponent was much shorter in stature then he was.

"Even in the wake of my failure, May my willpower continue to scald my enemies like a wild flame!"

He spoke before he threw outward a thrust at an incredibly odd and low angle. He begun by crouching even further in his squatted position and thrusting upward from the ground below. In hopes to strike the opponents chin, and or intercept a charge, if possible! Although his first attack simply missed, his ultimate goal wasn't to actually strike the opponent, it was simply to keep the opponent at a grand distance for now.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on February 17th, 2015, 6:21 pm

OocSorry for the late/short reply, my activity will return to normal I was just busy there for a bit
Nivel’s little scheme was quickly thwarted by a thrust of Stiehart’s sword, which Nivel was able to easy tumble out of the way of while still under the influence of flux. However, the power quickly bounced back to its proper alignment with her concentration directed towards the sharp metal object heading in her direction. It was frustrating to know that she had just used up one of the tricks of her sleeves so early in the fight and it would be much harder to do it again. She felt a bit of the affects of over giving but they were so mild they could have easily been mistaken for general fatigue. The true effects of her magic were soon to come but for now she would have to fight her hardest while she was at her strongest.

“You talk funny” Nivel replied to the man’s battle cry “but I like it” Her small face twitched a bit as she tried to make a smile.

Seeing her opponents sword get so close to the ground Nivel decided she would use this to her advantage. She charged at him again and waited for him to slash at her, if he followed the bait she would jump up right as he slashed at her. Since she didn’t have the best balance in the world she would simply attach herself to the weapon like a some kind of arachnid, with her arms, legs, tails and winged ears all being used to grasp and scurry up the blade. Having to move all of her many limbs at the same time made it impossible to use flux so her speed was modest. Her grip was fairly solid on the blade and if she made it to Stiehart’s arm she would be even more attached, A few hard shakes might be able to slow her movement but something more substantial would be needed to get her off once she made it to his arm.

She would continue up her opponents arm to his shoulders and since attacking his head would be unsportsmanly and not as fun she would try to slip down into his armour at the back. The pycon would essentially win if she got there since he would have no way to attack her or block any of her attacks. If he didn’t submit right away she would just have to pinch him until her gave up.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)