Completed City Hunter (Raven)

The chase begins for the stolen Lakan!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Aren on April 17th, 2013, 3:37 am

Aren's lips pursed at the girl's teasing. He wasn't entirely certain if she was being serious, if she was joking, or if she was just trying to get him to lower his guard. Regardless, he had been around the block too many times to place any faith in the words of a person he knew to be untrustworthy.

"I don't have anything against thieves. In fact, I consider the profession as valid as any other, having it's own risks and rewards, but liars are another matter," The Akalak mused, a true smile finally breaking out on his face, "See, a liar can't be trusted, and you've already lied to me once," he explained, his eyes absentmindedly wandering over the tight black outfit the girl wore.

"Now, we may have gone through a tight spot together and I may have saved your life, but that doesn't mean I won't feed you to the dogs if you cross me," Aren stated, matter-of-factly. His words were, of course, just a bluff to get her to do as he said, but that was really more for her benefit.

Though his "threat" wasn't exactly the truth, it wasn't exactly a lie, either. His statement had simply indicated that their earlier adventure wouldn't prevent him from harming her, and that was true. What would prevent him from harming her was simply his own ethical code, but she didn't need to be made aware of that.

At the thief's suggestion that they hadn't been properly introduced, Aren's head cocked, "Why, I do believe you're right. I also believe I haven't seen my money, either..." Before there was time to continue the conversation, however, the Reimancer was forced to breath a sigh of defeat: his time was up.

"My name is Seros, girl, and the hunt... has just begun." With a grin possessed of some decidedly wicked characteristics, and a voice edged like a blade, she had her answer.

"RUN," The Akalak earnestly suggested, something decidedly off about him now that his eyes gave the impression that he was craving blood.

Aren's darker brother, it seemed, had found himself having a change of heart. He didn't want the chase to be over so quickly; he wanted to stalk his prey some more, to smell the fear on her scent, to taste the kill in the air. His brother would not allow the crazy bastard to really harm her, but he recognized the value in letting Seros express these violent urges, at least to a degree.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on April 17th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Raven shrugged at being called a liar, she wasn't ashamed of it, lying came hand in hand with stealing so she would not apologise for doing what she needed to survive. "Only once? Seems I need to up my game."
she teased again.

"Now, we may have gone through a tight
spot together and I may have saved your
life, but that doesn't mean I won't feed you
to the dogs if you cross me,"

A small frown found it's way to her face at his choice of words, maybe she had him all wrong, maybe he wasn't the night in shining armour she thought he was and instead was a rather dangerous person who was not to be trifled with. Then all of a sudden it was as if he had changed completely, from the seemingly polite gentleman to...what seemed more like a demented psychopath.

"My name is Seros, girl, and the hunt... has
just begun...RUN."

Between the deranged look in his eyes and the bloodlust in his voice Raven quite nearly did sprint off in fear, but she was still level headed enough to know there was no point since it seemed he would just find her effortlessly yet again. She would stand her ground but decided it best to proceed with caution since she had clearly misinterpreted this man completely. "I said I was done running, besides you'd just find me again anyway. " she said, raising her hands in surrender as she took his blade and his coin purse and dropped it on the ground at her feet. "Here's your stuff, there's no need to get aggressive...and here I thought we were friends." she said, her hands still raised.

Even though she wouldn't admit it, Raven was generally scared right now, although she was doing her best to hide it. This Seros man was definitely not mentally stable since he just went from asking politely to encouraging her to run again. There she stood, eyes fixed on the demented massive man above her.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Aren on April 18th, 2013, 12:54 am

Seros eyed the thief's offerings with the disdain of a wrathful god. Just like his brother, Aren's darker side could often turn from logic to passion in the blink of an eye. The difference was that the former's passion generally ran towards saving damsels in distress and having a good drink, whilst the other's ran more towards blood-sport and brutality.

"If you didn't stand a chance, I wouldn't be bothering," He professed, knowing that now that their Lakan was no longer in her possession, the chase would be much more exciting.

Reabsorbing a small amount of his Res to re-calibrate the size of the impending spell, Seros shifted his aim to just above the girl's left shoulder. Dividing the construct into two layers, the Akalak first transmuted the outer skin into a dangerous looking fireball. Without any warning, however, he swiftly propelled the mass at it's intended destination: the wall against which his prey was leaning. It's intention was as a warning shot, to convince her that it would indeed be in her best interest to flee, but Seros had wandered if his brother would let him go even that far.

The spell was not fully transmuted, possessing only a fraction of it's potential destructive force (so it wouldn't have done much damage), but the fact that Aren was willing to risk allowing even such minor injuries spoke volumes. It went against his very nature, but he also realized that his brother needed the opportunity to prove himself trustworthy, and he would have to be given that chance at some point. If Seros had even singed the girl, Aren would have immediately reasserted control, and it would have been awhile before this experiment was even attempted again.

Fortunately for all involved, his brother was behaving. In addition, he had managed to recoup their lost property in a matter of moments, while the most Aren had managed to do was provoke a couple of witty retorts.

"Ruuuuun," Seros half whispered, half chanted, starting to look like he was losing control of whatever small measure of restraint he possessed.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Raven Nightfoot on April 18th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Raven was gone before the spell had even hit the wall, darting through the maze yet again. She couldn't believe he had just attacked her, what happened to "Just give me what you took, and you never
have to see me again,"? "Petch!" she muttered under her breath as she ran.

Raven was scared and that made her angry, furious, she was weak and she hated being reminded of it. This 'Seros' man was trying to kill her, because of a few stolen goods WHICH she had RETURNED. How could she have misjudged his character this much!? She had even been attracted to him, but not anymore, he was a psychopath and probably a murderer as well...he was already an attempted murderer in her mind.

Run, turn, run, turn...she needed to find her way out of this maze, because that...THING was hunting her and it was obvious she couldn't lose him, since he, no...IT, had found her so easily during her previous attempts to evade. She was running for her life.
Raven Nightfoot
You Don't Know What You Have Until I Take It

Words: 252545
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2011, 12:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Aren on April 19th, 2013, 11:43 am

As she fled, Seros eyes nearly rolled up into his skull, a wet smile dripping from his lips, "Good girl..." he muttered, with a decidedly sinister edge to his voice.

Carefully dropping down to the ground floor of the maze, the Akalak calmly went and picked up his belongings, "Good job," Aren offered his brother, the compliment making Seros suspect that there was something amiss here.

"Let's go home..." The dominant personality stated, reasserting his control.

"W-what?" The Akalak's darker brother queried, not entirely grasping what was happening.

"What? You didn't actually think I was going to let you hunt that girl down for sport, did you?" Aren said, sheathing his Lakan back in it's rightful place and tying the money pouch to his belt.

"Y-you... you said-" Seros protested, unwilling to believe that HE had been played by his brother.

"I said I'd give you a chance to resolve the situation if it took me too long, and I did. See, I suspected she probably wouldn't feel threatened by me, I just can't fake that menacing intent... but I knew if I let you out, she'd recognize your blood-lust as the real thing," Aren explained, feeling rather content with himself for being able to put one over his darker side, who credited himself as being the cleverer of the two.

Seros was flabbergasted, enraged, and actually a little proud. This was the kind of scheme that he himself might have been inclined to hatch: one where he used everyone else to his own benefit, without them even realizing it.

"Thanks for the workout, thief!" Aren shouted, followed by an equally loud sequence of laughter. He was hoping the individual in question was still within earshot, as he had no intention of chasing her. Why would he do such an incredibly foolish thing? So that she could have another chance to steal from him? No, thank you.

"Catch'a later..." The self satisfied Akalak chuckled at his own moronic pun, looking around to see if he could get his bearings and make his way out of this maze.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Abstract on June 20th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Loot, Lore, and Skills!

Aren :
Comments:
I noticed you haven't updated your ledger yet! Please do so and I can post up your grade!

Raven :
Skills:
Running - 3
Stealth - 1
Subterfuge - 1

Lores:
A re-encounter with a victim
Back in the Warfields
Seros: Creey Psycopath
Magic firey stuff: dangerous and scary

Miscellaneous:
You lose possession of Aren's 60 mizas and his Lakan

This was interesting... once again another visit to the Warfields! Please PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or comments!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

City Hunter (Raven)

Postby Matthew on February 6th, 2015, 3:37 am

Aren

Experience Points:

• +2 Acrobatics
  • +1 Diplomacy
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Planning
  • +1 Persuasion
  • +2 Reimancy
  • +1 Socialization

Lores:

• Acrobatics: Basic Balancing Act
  • Acrobatics: Simple Jumps
  • Diplomacy: Reasoning With a Thief
  • Intimidation: Toying With Your Prey

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous