PM to join Fashionable, Even in Death

Evalin pays a visit to Red Diamond Fashions.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Fashionable, Even in Death

Postby Rosela on December 16th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Timestamp: 7th of Winter, 514AV

Rosela’s mind was lost in the grass as she worked, her hands moving mindlessly along the bottom hem of a dress she was putting together. A pair of hands held either end of the length, while her middle pair worked a needle back and forth in a small herringbone stitch. The index fingers of her stitching hands were capped with old, ragged bandages – not from any injury, as she had long since stopped stabbing herself – but simply out of habit. She was used to the feel of the needle through the protective fabric and it was distracting to change her routine. She could save that extra chime she spent wrapping the caps on, but was it worth it to slow her overall speed for the sake of saving a copper miza on bandages?

She paused and looked down, leaving the needle centered in the fabric. She supposed she could get used to not having them on. That copper miza, despite its small worth, still had its place in her till. Did she not already loathe spending money on candles for the back room, now that Shaeya worked there at her loom all day? Every chime, every miza, was valuable if she was to start expanding come spring. With a sense of empowerment, she resolutely pulled off the bandages and tossed them into the fireplace next to her.

The running stitch was resumed, working to the end of the hem and knotting off quickly. In a practiced motion, Rosela re-threaded her needle and began again with a line of backstitches around the neckline. Her fingers slipped a little more along the needle as she pushed it back and forth, but it wasn’t as much of a disruption-

“Rosela.”

”Petch.” Hudon didn’t understand Arumenic, and so missed Rosela's irritated curse. Of course, of course she should stick herself the moment she took her bandages off. Rosela popped the finger into her mouth and tried to not look sour. ”Yes, Hudon?” She asked around her finger.

“I’m getting lunch.” It was not a request or tentative in any way. He was informing her he was leaving for a time and she needed to come out. Not for the first time, she resented that the kind, polite man she had hired would change so drastically in her time asleep, but she could say the same about nearly every soul in Riverfall. It wasn’t fair.

”Fine, be back within the bell.” She didn’t like that she had to put such a restriction on him, but she’d learned the hard way that he now needed a firm hand to keep him in line.

With only a nod, Hudon left, and Rosela stood, one hand unconsciously on her swollen stomach as she ponderously lifted herself out of the chair. Inspecting her pricked finger, she moved to her work table and wrapped a small bandage around it, now regretting burning the old ones. Every miza, every miza. Telling herself not to dwell on it, she pushed backwards out of the door to the front.

She knew it had been a slow day from the lack of voices making it back to her in the work room, but it was always a sad sight to see her shop floor empty. The front desk chair was still warm from Hudon when she sunk into it and she started in on the dress’s neckline as she waiting for the bell to pass.
Last edited by Rosela on March 13th, 2015, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on December 30th, 2014, 10:03 pm

It was an odd day. Odd in that this day, unlike many before, Evalin found herself in the streets while the sun was still about danced across the sky. During the time of light and smiles and laughter Evalin felt... isolated, alone. TO either side she could see them, those of the living talking, interacting, enjoying the company of others as they went about their normal lives doing this, doing that. This was a world to which the Immortal could never belong. Daylight, fun and laughter held no space for a monster, a wolf among the sheep, a creature of death and blood and hate. She could almost see the eyes turned on her in malice and ill intent, though perhaps that was only the imaginings of a woman determined to see what she expected.

What was it then that drove her out? A mixture of vanity and a drug that could, for a time, make her forget her worries and concerns. It was only by chance that Evalin had found this shop late one night when others had gone to bed. Its appearance had intrigued her, and once the attention was caught those eyes of red rarely shifted elsewhere. Perhaps this was why Evalin was so oddly about at this time, when in fact it was odd that she would find any interest in clothing at all. Such fragile, fleeting things were these fine garments and dresses, yet to Evalin they held in them a power that would take her far away from her thoughts of the time. Every garment she saw in her mind she would wonder just how it might fall upon her shoulders, and a faint curiosity spoke and questioned whether or not this garment, this item, would change Evalin even slightly so that the world around her might not see her quiet as monstrous as she felt. Could one mask true grotesque with beauty? Maybe this shop would have the answer.

The immortal tapped her long black nails on the door as she slowly pushed it open, stepping over the threshold and letting the doors closing announce her presence. She was eclipsed fully this day, bundled so as to hide herself as much as she could from the world. Robes of black fell to her booted feet, pockets adorned them barely noticeable though given their color and how they blended in. A black cloak and hood wrapped her shoulders and was pulled up over her features, letting nothing be seen but a fall of straight black hair and the brief glimpse of red eyes from the shadows. Around her neck was two scarves that wrapped around her shoulders and fell down her front, at the end of each was a carved head of a snake created from wood. Gem like eyes glittered when they reflected the light, and for the time being the cloth serpents remained motionless. In her hand she held an intricately carved staff as tall as she was, and upon her right hand there was a ring carved from bone.

Taking but a tick to glance from the darkness of her hood Evalin came closer to the counter, now noticing the woman that sat behind it. A few ticks then she remained silent, observing a woman of beauty. Six arms and darkened skin spoke of her heritage in the far south, a place Evalin knew she would never return to. Rarely did Evalin have the patience for those with high views of themselves and low views her her, and very quickly it became known to the Immortal that all of that area was like this thus there was little want or desire to return. Eyes of red roamed down over the unfinished work in the woman's hands, nothing the easy which her fingers moved like she was one of much experience, and finally those eyes shifted up to meet the woman's.

Shifting her staff to her left hand Evalin reached out and tapped her right on the desk, black nail sharpened to a point scratching at the wood as she spoke softly, "Good day to you child of the desert." Pushing her hood the Immortal revealed her pale completion, and the smile showed teeth that all ended in soft points, the canines slightly elongated, "I have come in search of new fabrics to adorn this vessel, and perhaps a babble or two to accompany. Is it you I must speak with?"

OOCSorry for the wait! Holidays were killer :(
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rosela on January 7th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Back and forth, back and forth…

The dull motion of the backstitch loosened Rosela’s mind and she drifted as her fingers manipulated the needle through the fabric. Every chime or so, her finger would press just right against the fine length of the needle and a dull ache would throb from where she pricked herself, bringing her back to the present. Irritation quickly followed the ache, though it faded as quickly as it came.

Eventually, the door opened, her first customer since taking the desk. Her fingers slowed, but did not stop. There was only a moment’s hesitation before calling out her usual greeting, surprise holding her voice captive.

The figure moving toward her was something new, to say the least. Rosela could see a red-eyed, feminine face peering out from the shadows under the hood, but no other distinguishing features. The woman looked to be a shadow herself, dressed in bold, head-to-toe black. The thought crossed that she could be an agent of Akajia, a walking piece of darkness, but as she neared, Rosela's own mark of Akajia told her the woman bore none matching it. She had the distinct impression she was being meticulously observed and tried not to let her skin crawl. Her fingers continued their mindless weaving and shifting of the needle. There was something…off about this woman.

A pointed nail tapping the desk brought her attention to the forefront, and her immediate reaction was her usual, professional smile. ”Of course! Forgive me, welcome to Red Diamond Fashions. I’m Rosela, the proprietor.”

…Vessel? Babble? The woman’s Common sounded odd, twisting like a snake around words Rosela wasn’t familiar with. Babble, she thought she knew, but the image of the word circled around a complaining, yipping jackal. Was it related to ‘talk’? Chat, converse, discuss? She hoped so, as she’d be happy to oblige.

Setting down her sewing at last, she casually arranged it so the needle set on top, lest she lose it in the mass. Her ankles protested as she lifted herself out of the chair, but she hid it away and raised a hand, directing the newcomer to the women’s section behind her. ”What can I help you find? I’m guessing something bold? Maybe black and…something else? Winter is the season for bold colors.” Whatever made her small hairs stand on end about this woman, if all she wanted was to patronize her shop and stay for a ‘babble’, then it wasn’t her business what else was wrong with her.
Last edited by Rosela on March 13th, 2015, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on January 8th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Evalin blinked, "Are you with child?" Truthfully this little bit of information had escaped the Immortal's first glancing observations, but now as the woman stood and moved. This creature of unnatural existence had little to no experience with the process of new life, let alone its inner workings on any level. Thus she found herself strangely fascinated by this being who could, seemingly, easily carry and create life within herself. As Evalin glanced over the growing bump she could not help a brief brush across her own abdomen as she wondered what it would have been like, had she not cast away her humanity so very long ago...

Glancing back up at the Eypharian's words, however, Evalin sighed and leaned her staff against the desk as her eyes looked over at the clothing that was available, "In truth I am uncertain of what I desire. What little I know of the workings of cloth and accessories I learned from a childish viper deep within the jungle, and her tastes were... unique to say the least. Curious and interesting they were, however, none of a style or make that I found quite so appealing." Evalin did not even bother mentioning the frilly and gaudy outfits of the Viper Dhani of Zinrah. All of it was FAR too flashy for the Immortal's own personal tastes, but then again could she say she had a taste at all? A master of magics and ancient knowledge, yet this centuries old nuit could barely say she had dressed herself at all in all this time. Certainly she had paid little attention to the fashions of the mortal world.

Reaching up Evalin gently touched each snake head that hung over her chest, whispering softly while her eyes still roamed the racks of clothing, "Crusher, Snapper, be good little ones and await me here." She then extended both hands to tap the desks wooden surface. The scarves around her neck then shivered, each lifting its head to turn jeweled eyes to their master, and then to Rosela, before uncoiling themselves from around Evalin's neck. Using the Immortal's arms they circled down the makeshift bridge so that they could coil once more on the desks surface, becoming still once there. Paying the golems no mind at all Evalin removed her cloak, letting it rest upon the desk as well so that she stood now with only her robes and boots. Her straight black hair she pulled and let tumble freely around her shoulders so that it fell to the middle of her back.

"Bold perhaps..." Evalin said as she walked past Rosela, beginning to thumb through the clothing available there. Try as she might to act as though she knew what she was doing the Immortal's mind was confused as to what exactly she was looking for. After all in all these years she had never put conscious thought into what she wore. She had no style to speak of, and in a way that annoyed Evalin greatly.

"I have few articles of clothing myself. Some dresses of simple makes and colors, but I am looking for something... more." Evalin looked back, a small smile on her lips as she shrugged, "I admit in this venture I am lost and would be grateful to any words one such as yourself might offer me in this time of need."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on January 29th, 2015, 9:33 pm

The sudden observation of her swollen belly was startling and Rosela immediately realized it probably couldn’t be seen from behind the desk. Smiling in the vague, noncommittal way she’d practiced, she nodded, one hand curling automatically around her midsection. ”Yes, I am. Almost two seasons now, halfway there!” The line was also practiced, anticipating the question that forever seemed to follow the first, ‘How far along are you?!’ This woman seemed more wistful as she stared, but Rosela did not comment on the brief touch the woman made to her own stomach. Not in Riverfall, where pregnancies could bring celebration as much as terror.

She listened intently to the woman’s strange Common, determined to keep ahold of the meaning. Her story was all too familiar, save the bit involving a viper, and Rosela smiled warmly. ”Well, that’s what I’m here for. I can't speak for the fashion sense of vipers, but we do try to keep a good selection of styles, so I’m sure we can get you set up properly.” Speaking of a viper threw her for a moment, and the tried not to let it show. Did the odd woman speak to snakes? Perhaps it was some viper kelvic she'd encountered.

Stepping closer to the women's section, she stood back as the woman started slinging off her robes and scarves. She really needed to get a coatrack... Lost in reminding herself to stop by the carpenter's later, she almost missed the movement in Evalin's arms. Rosela's eyes opened wide in alarm and her jaw went slightly slack. The scarves were moving. They were moving. Evalin herself was entirely unconcerned and instead seemed to not only regard them casually, but with a small display of affection, like pets. Rosela was still staring when Evalin turned back to her and, saleswoman ever at the forefront, she reapplied her mask of professionalism and resolved to ask about them later.

Clothes, then babble.

Rosela followed the dark haired woman through the shelves, straightening stacks absently. "I would be more than happy to be of assistance." She chose her words carefully, not wanting to let her Common get away from her in front of someone who clearly had more than a fluid grasp of the language. "The first place we usually start is deciding what kind of clothing you're looking for. Something formal, something casual, something in between... Or whether you're looking specifically for particular items, like dresses or cloaks. Then we look at what kind of colors flatter you, and finally, make a few choices and see how you like the fit." Here, she gestured briefly to the back, where a trio of changing rooms stood. She wondered briefly if she could get up close with her 'pet' scarves while she was changing, but put aside the thought. Sales first, always.

"So, when you say 'more', what are you thinking of? More formal? More...color?" Truthfully, the woman seemed to dress well, for the season anyway. She was pale, and her hair was something to be envied, both attributes working well with the stark colors she'd come in with. The woman was not exceptionally beautiful, nor was she unattractive; there was simply something very average about her face. When spring and summer came again though, Rosela hoped she would stay in Riverfall long enough to see what she'd go for. Morbid blacks and bone accessories were fine for winter, but the sunnier seasons needed a lighter touch.
Last edited by Rosela on March 13th, 2015, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on February 11th, 2015, 12:11 am

"What am I looking for..." Evalin whispered as she drew closer to the clothing in the women's section. Her hands raised to examine several dresses and other articles of clothing, running her fingers over them to get a sense of their texture, examining the colors and trying with all of her might to imagine if any of them would look... appropriate on her.

"Up until recent times my wardrobe consisted of robes... and nothing beyond this. During my stay in the jungles of Falyndar my choices have come to include a few dresses, but beyond this I am ignorant of any other fashions that might be suitable for one such as myself." She paused to look at some of the darker color fabrics, rubbing them between her fingers to test their feel, "I suppose I am looking to broaden my wardrobe even further, while at the same time adding to what is already there."

Looking back at the woman Evalin cast another glance at her swollen midsection before coming back up to her eyes, "I suppose you could say I am looking for all that you have mentioned. More formal, more casual. More that expresses... me perhaps. I have found a love of dresses in particular. They are similar to robes, yet they give a much greater elegance to my movements which I find most enjoyable." Now looking back at the rack her fingers traced along the edges of a black dress, simple in its design, "As for colors... blacks are what I wear more often than not. Dark colors, but then never have I put much thought into such things as styles and colors for myself. Doubt I that there is anything that would look truly good upon the shoulders of one such as myself."

Her voice was soft as she said this last sentence and her eyes somewhat troubled before the mask quickly slid back into place and she smiled to Rosela once more, "Have you any suggestions?"
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on March 2nd, 2015, 5:47 pm

”Falyndar, how exciting! Are they very stylish there?” Rosela knew next to nothing about the region, only that the odious Razkar had originated from somewhere in there. It was a relief to know there was more style to the area than…leather. ”Styles do vary a lot from region to region, so Riverfall’s probably a bit different than what you saw there. What really sells here is…” Her hands cycled in front of her as she searched for the words to encapsulate Riverfall’s style. ”Lots of…flow? You know, ruffles, fluttery sleeves, tunic-style shirts, things like that.

Dresses are always in style, so we do have a good selection. Trust me, I’m right there with you on them. I hate wearing pants unless I absolutely have to. Layers are the best thing ever -”
She paused to flutter her own skirt by way of illustration. ”Like here, chiffon on top for a little style, but wool underneath so I don’t freeze. I’m always the coldest one in the room though, so you can probably get away with something a little lighter, like…” Humming in thought, she shifted through a rack of dresses next to them. ”I know we have it in red…Here we go.” Shifting the hanger to the front, she brushed a hand down a deep red sweater dress with a black leather belt attached. ”It’s wool, but not so thick, and the oversized cowl neck is very in right now.”

She spotted another dress in the aisle and quickly bustled down to it, unfolding it with a flutter of her hands. The dress was in two parts – a thinner white shirt and a long, heavier black dress. ”Oh, and here’s something a little different, more versatile, depending on what you pair it with? It is cotton, so you’ll want to make sure to layer it with a heavy cloak. And the high waist is very slimming, despite the dress being a little bulky." With two hands, she indicated the line just below her bust, where the waist would fall. "The simplicity of it would work really well with some accessories. A fur stole would look really good, or a heavy gold chain around the belt area? And there’s pockets!” She excitedly popped one out for display. ”I can’t work them into every dress, but I’m so happy when I can.

And don’t be silly, we will absolutely find something you look amazing in, trust me. It’s just a matter of finding it. Everyone’s always skeptical until that first moment they see themselves in the mirror.”
Rosela hoped her confidence showed through in her smile – she knew with absolute certainty that she could dress anyone in their best.
Last edited by Rosela on March 13th, 2015, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 6th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Evalin paused and then grimaced, "If one might consider pure nudity fashion then... for certain they were of the highest sort. All but one child I found seemed content to wear nothing or near to nothing, and she that did take some form of pleasure for the feeling of cloth liked a style that I might say was outlandish and far too vibrant for one such as I." She tapped her cheek with a long nail, looking back at Rosela, "She had an odd fascination with dolls as well. Surely she should not be one I take inspiration for clothing from."

Evalin tried to follow what she was being told, but while some words made sense and were easily filed into her mind other concepts more or less breezed by her, leaving her to simply stare at Rosela while the. Coming closer Evalin ran her hand over the red dress as it was showed to her, absently picking at the fabric as she bit her lip. The cold never bothered her, so was something like this truly appropriate? It looked as though it might be warm, inconsequential to one such as the Immortal, but more than that Evalin wondered if the long sleeves would simply become comparison... especially given how fragile the fabric seemed.

The second dress, as well, seemed very nice, and a bit more to Evalin's liking but somehow the Nuit could not wrap her head around a two piece 'dress'. Why was it that it was not all one piece? Her expression became one of thought, and slight confusion as she began to ponder this out, but with a quick shake of her head Evalin looked back down at the racks of clothing, "These are... interesting, but somehow do not quite feel right..." One finger touched her bottom lip as she tried to find the words to describe her feelings, "The cold, it bothers me not, nor does the heat or most weather conditions." she began slowly, "So what I see then is something that may be warn in many various situations. Something that will not encumber me in the case that I must..." Evalin stopped, searching for the words before continuing, "Move about quickly. Something that wont snag or get caught on too much, and something that allows easy movement of my arms and legs."

The more she talked the more Evalin realized how ridiculous she sounded and smiled apologetically at Rosela, "Forgive me, I find it hard to describe what it is I want for in truth I do not know. Do you have something more... formal? Elegant yet not quite so cumbersome or restricting? I care not for too much 'frill' or extra cloth... If I wished for more clothing I would simply wear my robes and cloak and scarves everywhere I went." She said this as if it were a joke, but just as she did she looked away for that was EXACTLY what she was already doing. Wearing the same outfit, everywhere, no matter the weather or time of day.

"Also... I have never worn leggings of any kind. Perhaps I might like a change there as well..." Blinking Evalin looked up, her eyes widening as a sudden thought struck her, "Are there different sorts of foot wear that would go with leggings or a dress? Own I only what you see, boots long since worn through, or I will go without anything at all. I grow weary of the heavy sound of these boots, however, and I might wish to find something else if these do not go well with what we are looking at this day."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on March 11th, 2015, 4:53 pm

”Naked?” Rosela’s voice broke as she repeated the word. ”That’s...hm. Well.” Strategically deciding to leave the topic alone, she attempted to pluck Razkar from her mind. Ewww. Ewwwww.

That she was not bothered by the heat or cold was an interesting notion and Rosela tilted her head slightly, professional smile staying in place. ”The cold doesn’t bother you? You have no idea how jealous I am, especially in this weather. Is it because you’re so well-travelled?” Though she had no true concept of how far Falyndar was; in her mind, it may as well have been in another realm. The strange clothes, her odd speech, the living scarves; this woman bore investigation. On top of everything, she was physically active, and Rosela would bet not as a profession, if she needed to be able to do so quickly. Though the mark on the back of Rosela's neck burned to know her story, she needed to make this sale first.

Taking in the feedback, Rosela folded her arms and tapped her lips in thought. ”Hm, hm, hmm… If you don’t need something too heavy, then boots would go best with a dress either shin-length or higher. For more versatility, I'd recommend lighter boots, but high, as in shin- or knee-height. Leggings are pretty versatile in terms of shoe-pairings, so long as the shoes match your shirt or dress. In most situations, though not all, I suppose, leggings shouldn’t be the highlight of your outfit, they’re more to…” She paused, gesturing down the length of her body vaguely. ”What’s the word, blend? Blend in? Most dresses can pair with leggings though, so we’ll get the dress worked out and go from there. They do make the overall look more casual, so unless you specifically get nice ones, like lace or some other texture, you can change the whole look of a slightly more formal dress. I do have some black lace leggings in the intimates section, if you’d like to give them a shot.”

Shuffling back in the row, she ‘tsk’ed as her hands danced over rows of folded dresses. ”There’s one here that’s a little different that I wanted to try...and here we go!” With a flourish, she snapped out a midnight blue cotton dress, shin length, with an angular peplum about the hips and three cream buttons at the top. ”The skirt is wide enough so you can move around just fine, and these angled sleeves will give the illusion of extra curve in the hips. Pair it with a belt of the right color and style, and they’ll go with just about any type of shoes. If you want to go really formal: white belt, white heels, and black leggings. For more casual: maybe a rough-chic black leather belt and boots.

“Here’s another option, pretty far out of your style, but we’ll see what you think so we can narrow down our scope.”
Standing on her toes to lean over to the next aisle’s shelf, she pulled over another dress and opened it up to lay next to the blue one over the shelf. It was a knee-high empire waisted skirt done in pale brown cotton, with subtle embroidery over the fabric and darker around the bottom edges and the short sleeves. Around the top was a darker brown wool capelet tied with thick, dark brown ribbon. ”We sell this with the capelet, just because it’s winter, but it’s not attached to the dress itself, so you can make it more versatile with the weather. I would definitely recommend lighter boots with this, if you wanted to go that way, and knee-high would be best. Otherwise, flats, or heels to go a little more formal.”

Smoothing the two out, she stepped back to let Evalin look closer if she wanted. ”What do you think?”

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on March 13th, 2015, 6:11 pm

To the question of her resistance to the cold Evalin smiled and gave a small shrug, looking away, "Something of the sort, I suppose."

As Rosela spoke Evalin began to absently pick and comb through the available clothing on the rack. Long fingers and nails trailed over the different fabric, pulling at colors she liked (usually dark colors) and trying to absorb what was being said. However... cuts and designs and belts and leggings, all if it sounded so... so...

Be damned this is more difficult than comprehending Rayage's talk of Alchemy... Evalin held a sigh of frustration in check as she glanced from time to time at Rosela, For what reason is there so many options of what to put upon your shoulders. Her nose wrinkled as she pulled out a dress that looked to be a series of rips down its side and a V cut in the collar that came too low, Of what use is this...? It covers nothing at all. Is it clothing at all?

Evalin turned her full attention back to Rosela as the new dress was shown to her, and instantly Evalin's interest was caught. She came forward, lifting the dress from the shelf to hold it before her eyes with a sideways smile at Rosela. Just as she was examining this one, however, yet another piece of cloth was brought before her eyes and the Immortal found her eyes shifting to that one instead. At last Evalin simply lay the blue one back on the shelf and stepped back to eye them both with a critical gaze, biting her lower lip as she absently played with the icy blue gem of her necklace.

"Both of these are of interest to me, especially the first you have shown for the darker color I find most enjoyable. However, please forgive me for I must ask..." There was a pause and then the nuit gazed at Rosela with a straight and serious expression, "What are heals and why would I wish to accent my hips?" She looked at the dresses again, saying so softly it was barely above a whisper, "I could simply make myself taller or add more to those areas... How curious these mortals that put such emphasis on things like this."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next