Closed [Fighter's Pit]A Fighter of Worth (Sieghart Valorian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter's Pit]A Fighter of Worth (Sieghart Valorian)

Postby Garland on February 6th, 2015, 3:41 am

Garland was a bit confused when Sieg dropped his sword but he won't lower his guard or attack, Sieghart had a plan and Garland would need to stay on guard.

With a strong swing of his arm, he aimed for Sieg's shoulder, trying to get him to drop his sword. Instead he hit him with his shoulder with his fist instead. He didn't have time to pull back his sword, instead he dropped his sword, and used his shield block the warrior's advance. After Sieghart connected with his shield he fell back to the ground on purpose and since he was shorter, he had an easier time getting under Sieghart, he pushed his right leg up and pushed him over his head.

His kick sent Sieghart over and into the snow. Garland turned and pushed himself up, quickly taking back his sword. He raised up his sword, getting the tingling feeling like he was being watched, and it was making him very uneasy and making it very difficult to focus on the fight, it was time to finish this off, he went over and pinned Sieghart with his sword. "You're finished." He said and got up, he offered him a hand to help him up.

Catherine was satisfied with Garland's quick thinking, but he was still wet behind the ears, even if he's been in a few battles and injured in a lot of them before. She went down to the pits and called out to her squire.
"Garland! You did well enough." She said with a slight smile, she went over to Garland opponent. "And you did better, considering that you were fighting a trained squire. Are you considering on joining the knights? We might need someone of your talent."

"S-Sera? Were you watching?" He asked, though he already knew the answer. "W-Wait! Y-You thought that he was better?" He wasn't usually so vain, but he respected Catherine and wanted praise from her, if he had lost he would have gotten a large scolding saying he had been neglecting his training, that's why he wanted her to notice his improvement, and not someone else's. He gave a small frown, but said nothing.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 6th, 2015, 4:41 am

He'd stood up, dusting himself off and allowing the snow to descend into the ground below. Before he proceeded to bat an eye at the opposing individual, Garland. Before a smile crept across his visage, and oh was it indeed wide. His thin lips were now parted, and his pearly white teeth were revealed in the smile. Now he would begin to speak in a rather monotone voice. Hopefully they wouldn't take to offense what he said. Not to mention he wouldn't want to say the wrong thing in front of the knights. He thinks of them as an interesting force, but he also knows how tyrannical they tend to be in their rule. So he spoke; " I am but a simplistic man, and I am a man who wishes to do no more then make steel clatter and sing. A man that is nothing but an ant in comparison to many battlers. I can do nothing in the service of the knights, and I would be of no use to you. I am a man who chooses not to join the side of any force in battle. I am a man who wishes to do no more then become stronger. I wish to become stronger to protect the lives of the innocent, and spread the will and love of Priskil throughout all the lands. To allow Priskils light to kiss all of the individuals in the world. To purify and to strengthen the bonds of men women and children alike. That, is my mission and that is why I wish to become a Duelist. I am by far not a good choice to become a Knight. I would be of no use to you in any way shape or form." He'd concluded his rather long and extensive talk by grasping hold of his Longsword, and slamming the tip of the blade into the ground. Kneeling before the woman, with both his hands upon the hilt of his blade. With his right knee impacting the ground and his left heel still allowing him to remain upright.

He wasn't ever going to simply cower because of the fact that he was in the presence of authority. This was his method of showing high levels of respect, hopefully they would come to understand. That he simply wanted to be a Duelist, a fighter and a battler in each and every way possible. His muscles trembled, and that fight pushed his endurance to the limit. His muscles stung and burned due to the amount of effort and time put into the battle. He was glad that it was over.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Words: 41710
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2015, 7:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Garland on February 6th, 2015, 8:17 am

Catherine smiled and nodded at Sieghart, she understood that the knighthood is not for everyone. She shook her head, disappointed a bit. "Oh well... Listen if you ever need someone as trainer and someone to spar with, come find me or my squire, alright?" She then turned to Garland, with a small frown. "You've been neglecting your training."

And there it was. "Sera, you must understand that I have been quite busy." He argued and grabbed his training sword. "I have been very busy with patrols and helping citizens around the city while you were away!"

"More like helping yourself to a Sverfa girl at the docks. Don't think that just because I'm outside the city doesn't mean I don't get information on my own squire." She said with a sly grin.

Garland blushed and started walking back to place his blunted sword back on the weapons rack. Catherine followed him with a large smile. "S-Sera, I haven't-"

"Haven't dipped your finger in her pudding yet? The whole heard docks you two, according to the reports." She shook her head and her serious attitude came back. "Get back to the training grounds, I have to train you, and I will train you hard, Garland, and I want you to run there."

Garland groaned and ran out the pits, heading for the training grounds.
Last edited by Garland on February 14th, 2015, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 6th, 2015, 1:06 pm

Sieghart simply nods in response, before he turned about; and begun to pace away. Leaving the fighters pit with his head held high, and he proceeds to sheathe his longsword. Leaving it to enter it's scabbard once more restraining steel. Proud that he could even be thought of as stronger then a squire, by his own patron. Evidently this day he's done very well and this is but a single pebble along a road filled with obstacles. This is only a single step that has been taken toward becoming stronger. Which he intended to do regardless of what it is that stood in his way. Although his muscles burned and stung with his motions he continued to move. Until he was no longer in the line of sight by either the Patron nor Garland as he raced away and ran over into the training grounds. "May lord, Priskil be with me in my time of need. In my time of desperation, and in the wake of my demise may my willpower still continue to strengthen bonds. May the light of hope and faith burn up and set ablaze the lands upon which I walk. For I fight in your name, and in your honor my lord!" He thought to himself as now he'd left the Fighters pit. Eating a bit of the rations that he brought with him on his way to Stormhold Castle.

" My god, what a great battle.. Some day I wish to challenge him again, and this time I shall be the victor..." Spoke Sieghart as he was now gone, and pacing away waiting for yet another opponent.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Words: 41710
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2015, 7:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on February 26th, 2015, 6:21 pm

Garland :
XP Award:
  • Observation 2
  • Socialization 2
  • Weapon:Shield 2
  • Tactics 2
  • Weapon: Bastard Sword 2
Lore:
  • Sieghart The Religious Mercenary
  • Sera Catherine knows about April
Shield Points:
  • 3 for Training
  • 1 for Patron
Notes: Longer posts yada yada but otherwise it was a nice thread.

Sieghart :
XP Award:
  • Observation 3
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Socialization 1
  • Philosophy 2
  • Weapon: Long Sword 2
  • Tactics 2
  • Acrobatics 1
  • Endurance 1
  • Unarmed Combat 1
Lore:
  • The taste of Snow
  • Garland: The skilled Squire
  • Don’t judge a book by its cover
  • Philosophy: Don’t let anger rule you, especially in a fight
  • Sera Catherine: Garlands patron knight.
Notes:good job

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)