(Training/Self-Mod) A Better Career (Continued, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: (Training/Self-Mod) A Better Career (Continued, Open)

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 3:54 pm

Last edited by Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 3:55 pm

Nero orders up a mug of ale for his 'friend' and a mug of dark beer for himself. He placed the three silver mizas on the table as the drinks were being poured. "Her? Her name's Carmen, we've... ummm... Had a close past let's say..." He chuckles a bit by how stupid that came out. "Anyways, I'm not too fond of thieves." He had a very nonchalant tone as he drank from his mug. "Artists however I can relate too.." He smirks as he puts his mug down and glares into his eyes again, "I don't think you're so much an artist though. You seem to be one of those types that hold a grudge against the world, and feel like you have the right and take out what is theirs because you were denied it." He takes another sip and judges his own words, "Am I close?"

OOCPS. I got to go out for about an hour, be back then ^^" Adios.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Orion Lorgan on November 29th, 2009, 4:01 pm

(( Roger doger. ))

Orion shrugged. "Kinda, but not directly on target. I mainly do it to get by, as I don't have the resources to get educated or up high like those born into nobility... And after having done this kind of work for so many years, I find I like it. When times get hard, I find I go to the more menial task of thieving, but I always prefer having the more unique jobs..." Taking a sip of the ale, he returned Nero's gaze with as fierce a gaze as his. "I don't have anything againest the world, just certain kinds of people..." Staring at Nero for several seconds, he set the mug of ale down, a small grin appearing. "And besides, right now not in best condition as most of my possessions I've lost due to having been nearly caught on one of my bigger jobs in the city. Guards nearly got me. Now I live outside of the city... Not bad place I got but wish I just had my better equipment... And my contacts have pulled away for now due to the scrutiny thats still out there..." Shrugging, he eyed Nero closely. "What about you? You do a living as 'dirty' as mine or do you have a totally differant proffession?"
"A good defense is a good offense." -General George S. Patton

"I have a rendezvous with Death. At some disputed barricade, it may be He shall take my hand, and lead me into His dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath. I have a rendezvous with Death. And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous." Part of 'Rendezvous with Death' by Alan Seeger
Orion Lorgan
The Nighthawk

Words: 9507
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Nero takes a moment to evaluate the situation and then eases his glare, adding a smirk with a chuckle or two. "My Profession? Hmm..." He thought for a moment and stroke his chin for a couple seconds before answering. "Person." He laughs and slowly calms back down. "I'm not going to label myself by one single job, too restrictive for my tastes." He gulps down the rest of his beer and slides it to the side, then prepares to explain his obscure and somewhat cryptic answer. "I travel. I go from place to place seeing what there is to be seen, and helping those who need to be help. I'm not quite sure what 'people' you have something against, but I myself have a personal vendetta concerning the greedy and egotistical." He throws his hands behind his head and turns to rest his back against the bar. "Adventurer, Paladin, Knight, Explorer. I've been called a bunch of things these past two, three years." He pops up his posture and smiles an earnest and friendly smile at the man, "My favorite was when I was maybe three days trek north of here, where I helped a small town find a spring they had been told existed around there. I told them I'd be happy to help, and within an hour, I had fallen into a pitfall about two feet deep with water." He laughs to himself as he reminisces the old and jolly past. "When I had finally got out and dried myself off as best as I could, a girl came up to me, and she called me their Guardian Angel." A small chuckle comes out as he says the name. "It really felt like I was one too... an Angel that is..."
He looks up at the roof of the tavern and finishes, "I went back about 40-50 days ago, and they were gone. Taken out by a rock-slide sometime during the Summer season." He sighs as he returns his focus to Orion with his usual smirk. "That my friend, is my profession." Content with his explanation, Nero turned around, linked his hands up on the bar, and propped his head up upon them.
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ash Sentry on November 29th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Ash Sentry entered the tavern quickly and silently, dressed in her pure white priestess dress, long brown hair loose and tumbling down her back in a mass of silken tangles. She swallowed hard, her young face betraying her fear. She approached to gentlemen sitting together at a bar, breath still quick from the drastic ride she had taken. Her fine pale horse, Sylvia was waiting by the front, saddle bags packed with possesions.

"Excuse me, sirs." Ash's voice was hushed, her golden-brown eyes shifty and dark. "Are you aware if this tavern offers lodging?"
Even roses have their thorns.

Ash Sentry's Journal: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/blog/Ash%20Sentry/
Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Words: 1824
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2009, 11:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 29th, 2009, 8:57 pm

Hearing the sincere voice, and being a patron of the Stallion, Nero was quick to respond, "I'm afraid not, if you're looking for a room, the Dra-" As he turned around to be polite and look his converser in the eyes, he was struck silent for a moment. Her flowing white dress and soft face stopped him dead in his tracks. "Uhm... As I was saying.." He coughs up the courage (literally coughing as well) and resumes his answer, "The White Swan up the road has some... as well as the Golden Dragon the other way." With his composure and mind back under control, he flashes his characteristic and charming smirk, "Hey, care to have a drink? Not many priestesses come on into taverns."
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ash Sentry on November 29th, 2009, 11:52 pm

It would be best to stay put for a while, Ash thought darkly. Best no one from the Temple of All Gods saw her riding through the streets, and once they found her missing, the taverns would be the first place they checked. Maybe if she bided her time, they would believe she had fled Sylira. "I do not drink, but I would be happy to join you." She sat down at the bar and extended a hand. "Ash Sentry."

Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 30th, 2009, 1:07 am

"The name's Nero Czan." He solidifies his smirk and takes her hand, gently kissing it as he'd done countless times. He returned his head upright and leaned slightly on the bar, "The pleasure is all mine," gazing into the young maiden's boldly colored eyes. "This fellow behind me is Orion." He turns momentarily to give the man a smirk before returning to the priestess. "So tell me Ash, what is a maiden of the gods doing in a place like this?" His face showed a hint of his thoughts. What priestesses come to pubs and taverns when they're NOT in trouble..? I wonder what bad thing she's done to be on the run? A broken oath of celibacy? Running away with a lost lover? Or perhaps she had her heart broken like- He managed to finally controlled his wandering mind and end his thoughts to focus on the young woman.

OOC @OrionPS. If you want, you can play catchup whenever you get back and just write up your reactions and dialog to all this... or not, Your call. :P
Nero Czan

Character sheet

Postby Ash Sentry on November 30th, 2009, 1:37 am

Ash blushed deeply as Nero kissed her hand, glad that her tan skin hid the blood rushing to her cheeks, but managed to keep her cool. She nodded to Orion and took a deep breath before answering Nero's question. "They believe I am damned," Ash told him tensely. "I get these... feelings sometimes that are not my own. I write down poetry to convey it, so that the feelings will leave me alone, and I end up with prophecies." Again, she chuckled darkly. "If it were anyone else, the church would not see it as evil, but I carry Myrian blood. It doesn't take much, you see, for people to see a Myrian- even a half Myrian- as evil." Ash shrugged, haunted eyes drilling a hole in the bar.

I shouldn't be telling them this, she thought suddenly. Many think well of the Temple of All Gods. Fear left her breathless, as though she had been battered heavily in the stomach. She prayed to the Gods that these men wouldn't rat her out.

Ash Sentry
Young Priestess

Character sheet

Postby Nero Czan on November 30th, 2009, 1:46 am

Nero laughs near-hysterically at this. After a few moments he manages to cool himself down. "Feelings? You're 'damned' because you have feelings?" He gently puts his hand on her shoulder, hesitating for a moment to gauge her reaction, but leaves it there. "Don't sweat it, I personally kinda like poetry... and I have feelings. The Myrian thing I can mind, 'cause you don't seem like the typical cannibal. I myself am half Drykan. Mixed bloods are all over this city." He shakes his head with a smirk and chuckles a bit more. "But man... You religious types are a strange bunch aren't ya?"
Nero Czan

Character sheet

PreviousNext