Solo First Day

Daniel meets his mentor

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

First Day

Postby Daniel Druva on March 7th, 2015, 7:56 pm

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

3rd of Spring 515 AV
10th Bell, 14 Chime.

"It'll be alright Daniel."

Daniel opened his eyes. They were sitting in a tight stone room, dark everywhere save for the single torch against one side of the room. The air was heavy, Daniel was finding it difficult to breath. They were deep within the city, no natural light anywhere save for the torches, no ways out apart from the doors and the circular vents cut into the walls. It was suffocating.

"Daniel?"

Daniel's attention snapped back to his father, who stared at him with concern in his eyes.
"You need to speak to me child, I can't read your mind." father said, brushing Daniel's long hair out from his eyes. He frowned.

"We're going to have to get all that chopped soon... we don''t want the guards putting you in a cage" he chuckled.
Daniel chuckled too, briefly. He wasn't too sure what a cage was, but it probably wasn't something good. So far very little in this place seemed good.

"Why can't you teach me?" Daniel croaked, his voice creaking like an unoiled hinge. Father sighed at that, gave him a sad smile.

"I told you..." He said as the door swung open.

"It wouldn't be proper."

Last edited by Daniel Druva on March 7th, 2015, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Druva
Player

Words: 16796
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2014, 6:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

First Day

Postby Daniel Druva on March 7th, 2015, 8:20 pm

With the door opening, Daniel hopped off his chair, following his father dutifully into the adjoining room. A man was at the door, a large belly and great grey whisker which flowed from his cheeks. He gave father a big hug, roaring and slapping his shoulder.

The noise made Daniel take a tiny step back, a motion not unoticed by father, who grabbed the boys hand and pulled him closer.

"It's alright Daniel... this is the man I told you about, remember? Sylfrey?"

The whiskered man, Sylifrey, looked at father with a bemused expression.
"Not very bright is he? Your son..." He took a step back and smiled.

"He's a big one isn't he? Where have you been hiding him all these years?"

Father chuckled nervously and shrugged.
"He kinda just.. snuck up on me one day."
Sylfrey laughed.
"I'd say he did... he's a bit spritely, but some good food and hard work will fill him out I think... what do you think boy?" The old man lifted his cane and tapped his shoulder.

The motion made Daniel snarl, suddenly hands became claws and powder blue eyes became deep yellow, clothes lay abandoned and a lion cub remained, running behind his father. Sylfrey paled.

Quick as a whip, father flipped and grabbed the cub by the scruff, pulling him up and shaking him. The motive was understood and within seconds a naked snivelling boy was lying on the ground, wiping his eyes.

Father smiled nervously at Sylfrey.
"He still has a bit to go..."

Sylfrey shook his head in disbelief.
"A Kelvic, Christoph?" Whatever else the man wanted to say he dropped and just stared. Time stretched on and Daniel felt the weight of their eyes on him, the flame of his father's embarrassment. More than anything Daniel wanted to run away from this horrible place, climb a tree, find his mother...

Sighing, Father picked up Daniel's clothes and with a sullen expression, Daniel put them back on. With that finished he looked up at Sylfrey, some colour at least has returned to his cheeks but his eyes were hard.

"Absolutely not." He whispered.

"Sylfrey..." Father pleaded, taking a step closer. But Sylfrey shook his head resolutely.
"He must only be what? A year old? How big will he be next year? He'll be an old man in ten! It's ridiculous Dan, by the time he's fully trained the knights will have to put him down."

"He has a quick mind." Father said fiercely, pushing the boy.
"I met him in the wilds, not a word of common, didn't know how to dress, how to wash himself... look at him now. He'll be a fine knight, a great knight, no matter how much time he has left."

Daniel stayed quiet during all this. The voices were getting louder but Sylfrey looked unconvinced.
Father sighed.
"You owe me... Sylfrey."
Sylfrey turned to him, an incredulous expression on his face.
"You want this boy to be your favour? Really Christoph?" He snorted.

Father shrugged helplessly, pulled Daniel close.
"He's my son Sylfrey."

A moment passed. time began to stress again and Daniel kept his eyes to his feet, not wanting to look at the angry man again. A part of him wanted him to refuse. Maybe Father will bring back to the Wildlands, leave this horrible place behind.

"I'll make him a page." Sylfrey said reluctently.
Daniel wasn't sure what a page was, but it must have a good thing because Father surged forward and grasped Syfrey's hands in joy.

"No more than that though." Sylfrey said.
"Let's first see if we can tame the beast and save the man..."
Father was overjoyed with this though, he kept thanking Sylfrey, promising him that he would not regret this, that Daniel would not let him down. Daniel had a very bad feeling about this, but he kept his eyes to the floor, staring at his bare feet.

"Boy, look at me." Sylfrey said.
Daniel was hesistant, he craned his neck to see the old man had gotten even closer, the end of the cane right beside his feet.

"I am not a animal tamer." Sylfrey said.
"And the Syliran Knights is not a circus. I don't want to see any of... what you just did... not until I can be certain that you aren't... feral." He paused.

"Boy?" he asked.
Daniel nodded quickly and this seemed to satisfy him. It certain seemed to make father happy, Daniel looked up to see him glowing with pride. That must count for something, right?

"Slay the beast and save the man." Sylfrey whispered.

Daniel Druva
Player

Words: 16796
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2014, 6:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes