[Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jilitse on September 26th, 2010, 2:07 pm

This is what I should have done. I should have let the anger and irritation pass and not give in to an emotional outburst. There is no one way of apologizing for having an acid tongue, and it doesn't help that I'm not very good at confrontations. I do feel, however, that an apology is due, and an apology must given to Dhanya, for I have offended her as she reviewed my world, Hiemaden.

Anyway, now that I am more sober I would still like to speak about a few more things. One is that I hate math. Science comes next to that. It is not that I hate math or science just because, but it's that I am horrible at understanding concepts and these require a lot of effort to understand. For my part, I should have been more humble in accepting my limitations, and have softly rejected Dhanya's help instead of posting a goofy picture of Spongebob and going all-out retarded. It came out wrong, sarcastic and insulting; albeit at the time I was expecting to have some sort of comic relief. Anyway, it did not become a comic relief. It became disaster.

Jen confronted me about it, and I did admit that I was wrong in many ways. Tarot dropped by the thread, too. Looking back, I know what I did was childish. I will no longer attempt to justify myself and my actions. I was a douchebag. I told Jen this, and told myself, "I should apologize to Dhanya, too." But hot damn it is very hard to let go of a hurt ego and a scarred pride. So I wait for a few days to let it simmer down, promising myself that I will talk to Dhanya once I clear my head. But I think I lost enough face to even courageously talk to Dhanya, and I avoid chat like the plague (because Dhanya lives in Aussie, 2 hours time difference from the Philippines, thus the likelihood of us meeting in chat and I'm too shy to even appear in chat if there's a possibility that she is there... :ninja: ). So I just post this here, in my scrapbook, so everyone can see it, too.

Dhanya,

I hope that you will accept my apology. I am sincerely thankful for your peer review. I hope that you will continue to peer review Hiemaden, and the other worlds I will be making (A general description is done but I am not finished with their write-ups. They do not have plants though). I promise not to be a douchebag again, and I promise to try harder to meet halfway with my imagination *insert spongebob picture* (please smile, this is not an insult)and your science perspective.

I apologize for any rudeness that I have shown you. I will be more respectful from now on, not just towards you, but towards others who might criticize any of the write-ups I'm doing.

Once again, I am really, truly, very sorry for what I did with all my heart, lungs, intestines and kidneys. Please forgive me :(

Sincerely yours,
Jilitse ♥

Ahhh. I feel much better. I can sleep peacefully again now.

Note: I'm very busy atm, and have no time for Jilitse. I'll try to squeeze in time for Jilitse within the week!
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Eanos on September 26th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Thank you for the apology - and no I am not involved in any way nor was it aimed at me, but I think you deserve to be thanked for it. I hope that the people involved feel the same way.

All who do development threads have my utmost respect. I've been there and tried that in another game and it drove me insane to have people be critical of my pet ideas. I was unable to handle it and abandoned the projects, which was childish and pointless. Perhaps one day I will be strong enough to carry on, but I'm glad that you are stronger than me.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 26th, 2010, 5:30 pm

Maybe someday you can step in and prevent me from going supernova on someone who doesn't deserve it just because I'm having a bad day. It happens to the best of us. I talked to you about it not because I didn't understand. I do. I dislike math as much as I love biological sciences - they are my yin and yang. But I have strictly made people write things that make sense in the past in terms of beasts and monsters... but something I noticed in regards to the World Development Forum is that getting people to review things is akin to getting people to volunteer to go to the dentist to get a perfectly good tooth pulled.

I can't tell you how many times I dreaded being the bad guy and telling someone their work needed help. I'm not... uh... how do we say it... very gentle when it comes to breaking it to them that something is ridiculous. I'm not saying your work is. It is not. It's great. But my job would be so much easier of we had a lot of peer reviewers and they broke it to the authors first so I wasn't always the Queen of Mean in these regards. So when we get a slew of volunteers, I cringe when one gets beaten down for perfectly reasonable thoughts - reasonable scientifically in terms of botany and botanic concepts. Because the truth is, everyone is worried it will happen to them. They have two issues. First - they will hurt the feelings of the author who most likely is their friend or someone they cared enough about to read their work. The second is that they will be seen as attacking someone popular and thus earning the scorn of the game for 'picking on author x'. We really really need an atmosphere where people can speak their minds. Its important if the World Development system is going to actually work out.

I can't tell you how close we came to completely shutting down player driven development and closing the World Development Forum just to avoid these kinds of conflicts. In fact, Liminal was all set up to do it and make the announcement when I had a last minute change of heart and pleaded to keep the system open with some changes (namely the pre-approval in the HD, peer review, then founder review)... and I was the biggest complainer about it due to having to be the bad guy all the time. Its pretty much operating now on a 'trial basis' to see if this new system can get us any useful development other than weird monsters that no one has yet used. Our drive is to get Skills flushed out. And slowly, that seems to be happening. Slowly. But its working better than before.

Anyhow, I've gotten off topic a bit.

Thank you for the apology. It came across sincere and your explanations for why you wrote up your work as you did made perfect sense.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)

On World Development

Postby Jilitse on September 28th, 2010, 1:09 pm

- My partner let go of me after we did a dip for Tango. My skirt lifted, I fell down. Insane flexibility despite my *ehem* chubby body frame made me do a break dance move. (Actually I think I fell backwards and my skirt lifted then I did the break dance move... yeah.)
- Everybody did better during the practice.
- The floor was shiny. Very shiny, my heels kept on skidding.
- I miss my old partner in Tango. My Etoile-sama. *sigh*

- I went to the Senate
- I met Senators
- I interviewed a Senator!

- I have insane loads of work to do at school.
- I have insane loads of projects to do at school.
- I have insane... bah.

- I have so little time for Jilitse :(

Anyway, still on World Development, I am very happy that despite what had happened, people are actually supportive. Like, instead of getting harsh reprimands that everybody seem to accuse Goss of, I think I got a good pat-in-the-back-don't-do-it-again. I don't mean to like, wow, talk about Goss in my scrapbook cause that doesn't sound right, instead I'm trying to objectively talk about World Development in general. I even got a PM, whisper or two, egging me to "Keep Moving Forward!"

WD is a very unique system. I would have to say that there is a certain kind of freedom with how you can actually contribute in developing Mizahar. As opposed to fan-fiction where you are basically chained to the canon world, here you actually collaborate, contribute.

It sounds easy, but I shit you not, it's so goddamn hard.

Now I don't mean this in the wrong way. I have heard of countless people who have this idea and that idea and boasts of their numerous ideas, and they fade away together with their ideas. Ideas mean nothing unless you put them into action.

"Embalming doesn't have a wiki, it should"

"There are not enough worlds in summoning, I have an idea for one"

"Isn't anybody working on Skill X. It should have a write-up"

These are things that shot in my head at one point or another, and I have to say I took a bet at actually doing something about it; this is called being pro-active. What happened? It's actually fun and exhilarating. Until of course, you get pricked too much from all the opinions coming from all sides - you didn't expect your idea to be nitpicked upon.

You ragequit. (No, I didn't, but a lot of people who have been in the same position as I am right now felt like they were being oppressed by tyrants and left Miz.)

I won't say I'm high and mighty just because I stood my ground, bent my head in apology and decided to move on. What I'm saying is that participating in World Development is actually - I only came up about this right now - a measure of your character. Like, you know, in real life it's much much worse. And people will criticize you for all insane reasons like why you are Team Jacob when Team Edward is moar awesome. Do you go to your room, sulk, and cry yourself to sleep? Or do you eat it up and move on?

My point is, - and I should learn from this, too - there is no real need to be worked up emotionally more than you have to.

I remember crushing flat somebody's idea of a "reanimated jewel bug of sorts". I was really up and front about "this is impossible you nit!" Now having seen both sides of being a Reviewer and a Developer, I believe I have enough experience on my belt to actually talk about these things:

1. There should be a credo for World Developers. Like, I know we already have guidelines, but I think everybody should have some sort of Zen Mantra, that may or may not go along the lines of "I will not get angry."
2. Lore Authors should prepare themselves for emotional, mental, and so on bashing. It takes certain maturity to actually withstand these things.
3. Peer Reviewers and Lore Authors should talk in the positive. This. This is the best idea I've got that made actual sense. Actually, I think everybody should talk in the positive. "It will be great if you add X" sounds far better than "This is not good, You should have..." The kinder the words are, and the less subjective they are - no "this is stupid, idiotic, dimwitted." or any related words - and the better euphemisms you add like "you're on to something here" instead of "this is crap" might grease comments and reactions to pass through the channels of communications. Of course, #3 will be insubstantial without #2, and #2 without #1.

I'm not sure I'm making any sense. I'm very tired atm.

I think I can sum up what I want to say in these paragraphs:

"I want to show you, yes you, and everybody out there, that there are people who may not be so bright but are willing to learn how to properly write a Lore Article. I may not have a lot of brains, but I know (and I pride myself) that I have enough heart to make things work out.

There will be others who will try with all their might and fail miserably, just like the booboo I made, but as I was able to - for the lack of a better term - overcome this human weakness, I believe that there are others out there with as much (or less) brains as I do but with enough (or even greater) heart to make things happen.

That trial is always followed by error, but we must never lose hope (alert, motherhood statement, alert) that we will overcome our tribulations."
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on October 4th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Oh...kay.

I have tried, and desperately, to keep Britanna Melchiott. Years of writing and roleplaying tell me that her idea, no matter how awesome, wouldn't work out. I know I'm a big cunt when it comes to people who make alts but do not push through. To my defense, the idea died down mainly because holding on to Jilitse meant that I must focus on her and her only. Also, I didn't expect Jil to have so many threads last season, that my "boredom" with my Nuit was actually extinguished.

I tried flirting with the idea of a prostitute, but for some reason I just could not write smut. Fail, fail.

RIP Britanna.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on October 5th, 2010, 2:12 am

Jilitse has been skewered. I need a song to make me happy. I love Evanescence. I choose this song to inspire me to write all the posts I have to, especially my reply to my Order of Radiance thread.

Catch me as I fall
Say you're here and it's all over now
Speaking to the atmosphere
No one's here and I fall into myself
This truth drives me
Into madness
I know I can stop the pain
If I will it all away

Don't turn away
Don't give in to the pain
Don't try to hide
Though they're screaming your name
Don't close your eyes
God knows what lies behind them
Don't turn out the light
Never sleep never die

I'm frightened by what I see
But somehow I know
That there's much more to come
Immobilized by my fear
And soon to be
Blinded by tears
I can stop the pain
If I will it all away

Fallen angels at my feet
Whispered voices at my ear
Death before my eyes
Lying next to me I fear
She beckons me
Shall I give in
Upon my end shall I begin
Forsaking all I've fallen for
I rise to meet the end

Servatis a periculum
Servatis a maleficum

I will keep on listening to Amy Lee because she rocks.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on October 7th, 2010, 2:58 am

Ta-duh! Today I finish half the things I was supposed to have accomplish last Monday for school. Before I leave to go to a conference, I went to check Miz and poked around threads. I noticed that I have two solo threads hanging around, dangling like a "dot dot dot".

Unfinished solo threads.

I bet it happens to the best of writers. More with the amateurs. Sometimes the concept for one thread starts out nicely, and then somewhere around the second or third post the inspiration dries like a jellyfish out in the sun. It just becomes dragging, and then it stops.

I should let go of these threads, though. I'll try to get back at them soon.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on October 19th, 2010, 3:20 pm

I'm very very busy at the moment. I'm wrapping things up at school, and I'm gonna be looking again for a job soon - yey will no longer be a drain to the economy. This is not to say I won't be around. I am around, I'm just not posting. If I do, I'm probably posting for the things I find easy to write about, so if it requires thinking effort, it's probably on a lower priority. So sorry if this would be an inconvenience to anyone.

Anyway, I still haven't cut my threads to a manageable number, but my plans for the future includes

1. a get-together with Jaeden after his Journeyman thread and my omgwtfbbq-where-where-where-is-Priskil thread.
2. a thread (been waiting for like forever) with Satu.
3. more animation threads. I have a flashback in Sahova, and more to come soon. I will populate Mizahar with my robotz.
4. embalming work for Grivin. undertaking awaits.
5. embalming wiki, undertaking wiki
6. gathering the heroes of light

At this rate, can't learn summoning yet. Am waiting for the fuel that will help light the fire of each Team Priskil member. Last I've heard is that Mayjor and Jaeden (our papalicious member) is interested in joining. Yay, more people! We already have a suparsecret Team Priskil handshake.

I'm following Ialari's thread in Nyka. We owe each other an oath to help each other. She is an ally, and if she... if! she joins Team Priskil (she is on Drainira's hitlist so she's like a default ours); we'll have more HOT members than Team Sagallius. <3

Toodles for now.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Stitch on October 29th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Malia on October 30th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Miss you too! I hope you hop into chat every now and then and get your rl issues wrapped up soon.

*sits with Stitch near the windowsill, waiting*
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)