Enter Standard Greeting Here

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Corvin Everwyn on April 1st, 2015, 11:46 pm

Hello,

New to the site and just dropping by and saying hi, so....hi?

I am pretty set as starting a Syliran Knight Squire. Still not exactly sure how to go about becoming someone's Squire or handling it via an NPC.

Anyways, have a wonderful day/night.

-Corvin
Corvin Everwyn
Player

Words: 514
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2015, 11:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sayana on April 2nd, 2015, 2:57 am

Whoo, welcome =)

Syliras is lots of fun to play in. Most players who start as a squire create a NPC Patron knight. There are a few PC knights, but they are few and far between. The benefit of a NPC Patron knight is you can model their skills towards the skills you'd like your squire to eventually learn (especially if you plan to become a mage knight for example) and you can do training threads with your Patron without needing to rely on another player. There are even NPC Patrons to pick from if you like, but most squire players will write up their Patron's description (remember, you might be playing with this 'character' a lot).

Definitely check out the starting guide and the welcome message if you haven't done so already. And if you have questions, the Mizahar Chat is always a nice place to go to with questions.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Kalvina Skyglow on April 2nd, 2015, 2:59 am

~

Welcome to Syliras, my friend!

It's possibly the best place there is in Miz. At least, in my severely inexperienced, extremely biased opinion.

But I digress. Squires are fun!

~
KALVINA

COMMON
VANI
Kalvina Skyglow
The Baker Woman

Words: 11038
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2015, 2:32 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Aventis on April 2nd, 2015, 9:11 am

Hey hey hey hey hey! New squire in nown? Beautiful! Hiya! I'm the friendly neighborhood nosy squire and I'm here to welcome you. I'm also super open to lending a helping hand. So... Yeah! Welcome to Miz!

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Plume on April 4th, 2015, 10:51 am

Welcome!

Hello Corvin and welcome to Mizahar! If you want to become a squire, all you need to do is read up on the lore and PM the DS (Nightmare) of Syliras for approval. Once he gives you the green light, you can either choose a pre-existing Knight NPC in the NPC List, the availability of which will be denoted at the bottom of each description, or create your own. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Just make sure you read up on everything Syliras and Order related, perhaps set up your skills to better accommodate squirehood, and prepare for the antics of your fellow squires! As for handling an NPC, you basically write for both your squire and your patron. So you have full control over your patron NPC as well as your own PC, and no one else is allowed to use your PC unless they have permission.

Hope that answers your questions, and if you have anymore feel free to PM me or ask the community!

Plume
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lisana on April 5th, 2015, 1:31 am

I don't know, Kalvina, Lhavit is pretty nice.

But in all seriousness, Syliras is great. It's where I first started. :3

And, as always, it's great to see a new face in Mizahar. Have some cake.I hope you like chocolate.Image

So, yeah.

Welcome!!
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on April 8th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Welcome to Syliras and more specifically the site as other said. Honestly, the order is amazing =D

I am Ball... The uhh... squire/knight pycon? Well, one of thsoe pycons in that funny limbo between squire/knight -shrugs-
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ayla Chevalier on April 9th, 2015, 1:35 am

Yay! Welcome, welcome! I'm excited to meet you!
Ayla Chevalier
I can see your flaws and yet I do not judge.

Words: 9129
Joined roleplay: April 7th, 2015, 9:29 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets