Use of Journals

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Use of Journals

Postby Mayra on April 4th, 2015, 12:18 am

Hey everyone!

I know this is an odd question, but I'm curious about how varied one's use of the Journal Forum may be? I have an idea in mind for a encrypted book on glyphing, to introduce my character to the magic. I have an idea of how I will write the riddles and such to give her the lores needed to start. To keep my own sanity, I want to have it all written down in a place that I can look at it to reference it IC, preferably in Mizahar somewhere.

Would I be allowed to start a thread in the Journal's section for a journal that is not my own characters? I won't be writing up anything for or about the NPC that created him, just this singular journal for me to use and link to IC. Also, if I am allowed to do this, am I also allowed to make a separate thread for my PC's personal journal, or not? If I cannot post the glyphing book in the Journals Forum, where can I put it, if anywhere?
This character is deceased as of the 44th, so I will not be taking anymore threads.
Mayra
Mildly Wild

Words: 149273
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2015, 2:00 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Use of Journals

Postby Elias Caldera on April 4th, 2015, 10:17 pm

Why not use a plotnotes thread to store your riddles and glyphing ideas. That way, you'll be free to keep your journal separate.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Use of Journals

Postby Zhol on April 5th, 2015, 6:04 am

Depending on how long you wanted this glyphing/riddles book to be, you could potentially make a little mini book in your plotnotes using tabs. I've done that in mine a little bit - this post is where I keep track of details about the horses my character has interacted with. Doing something similar, you could easily have a different tab for each page; you could even do a cover or a title page and make it look really fancy and book-like.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Use of Journals

Postby Mayra on April 15th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Thanks guys! :)
This character is deceased as of the 44th, so I will not be taking anymore threads.
Mayra
Mildly Wild

Words: 149273
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2015, 2:00 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes