Shatter this and rebuild it fresh (Ignotus)

After more than a year Evalin comes callong on Ignotus once more.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Evalin on April 6th, 2015, 8:32 pm

53rd of Spring, 515 AV

Ignotus Everto... Even now as she walked directly toward the Lord Council's office, Evalin could hardly believe that that man had risen so far without her noticing. Well, perhaps it was not that she could not believe it, but rather that it surprised her how sudden the change came. It seemed like only yesterday he was a tittering old fool who wanted only to postpone his death and had come begging for Evalin's aid in the matter.

If I remember correctly he came to me with threats before groveling at that time... What an annoying child he was then, and doubt I greatly that he has changed since.

Perhaps... but then even this should be seen as a price paid for the greater good. For who all may claim that they aided in the creation of the current Lord of Council?

Evalin sighed and shrugged her shoulders as she made her way up the stars to the Council office, Perhaps you are rightly so, but then this man is never one to take on face value. He may one day prove to be more trouble than he is worth.

Yes, or one of the greatest assists at our disposal. My master should always be wary of any potential allies in the cause she faces, and this Ignotus Everto is the first of your old acquaintances who has true power now that may prove most useful.

Certainly you are right my dear Tsenrika, Evalin smiled as she stepped across the threshold into the building, And what Goddess would I be if I could not quell an upstart such as this and set him to serve my own purposes.

Moving forward without pause Evalin came directly to the desk at the very simple of the room, tapping one long black nail on the surface while she waited for the man who seemed so engrossed in his writing looked up. When he did Evalin was rewarded with the slight widening of eyes, and a hesitation before the words slipped from the man's lips, "Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?"

Because of who she was meeting Evalin had taken extra care in her appearance today. Standing at just under 5'6 inches, Evalin's long black hair fell in straight locks past her bare shoulders to nearly the middle of her back. A simple black dress adorned her, modest cut with a skirt that stopped just above her shins and flowed well enough that she had little trouble moving in it. Skin as pale as moonlight, there were no signs of rot to be seen but in a spur of creativity Evalin decided she would begin to play with some of her other models in the design. Thus running along her shoulders, up the sides of her neck and then down her spine were lines of black scales much like a snakes that had a slight sheen to them. Her teeth were all filed to points, canines elongated, and for a bit of extra fun Evalin even slitted her pupils so that they were very cat like, or perhaps similar more to a viper waiting to strike. Finally both the nails on her hands and her bare feet had been replaced completely with claws modeled after those of the tiger, but they were as black as her scales. They even extended slightly when she flexed her fingers, something new the Immortal was trying and apparently to good effect.

Her smile boarded as she leaned closer, staring at the man who was apparently called Tranaris with an unblinking gaze, "I wish to speak with your Lord of Council, Ignotus Everto. Do tell him that Evalin has come to call on him, and that there is much we have to discuss." She tapped her clawed fingers on the desk, absently stroking the blue gem that hung from her neck as she continued, "And do be quick. I have not the time to play with children today."

OOCOK! I left it for you to swing in the direction you want. Lets get this started :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on April 7th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Tranaris raised an eyebrow at the Nuit's... Unique appearance, his expression otherwise as cool and impersonal as granite. After two ticks he sucked his bottom lip in and flipped through a rather thick, leather-bound notebook. "I don't see an appointment... I'll let him know you're here. Please have a seat, this could be a while."

Tranaris would then vanish into a hall on the ground floor. About a chime later, Evalin may have noticed a slight figure in a blue cloak jogging away from the building, presumably having exited through a back door. Ten chimes after that, Tranaris strode back, face as businesslike as ever. "The Lord of Council will see you." If Evalin or Tserinka chose to look back as they climbed the stairs up, they may have noticed the little person was back with several men wielding cutlasses.

As they made their way down the hall to Ignotus' office, it may have come to the witch's or Tserinka's attention that they were being watched by armed men clad in deep blue, with cold faces and colder gazes. Two were on either side of the stairs, and two were guarding the door to the office. The trio had also passed by four closed doors on their path- though they couldn't see inside, it was safe to guess from Tranaris' occasional glances toward them that those rooms weren't empty. It wasn't long before they were in Ignotus' office.

Ignotus himself was lounging behind his desk. He was wearing the splendid sapphire uniform of his station, his hair was combed and styled, and he may have been wearing perfume. The obvious rise in income was not the only change in the Hypnotist's appearance. There was a certain arrogance in the way he held himself, and his eyes held an almost predatory gleam they didn't in years past. This was a man who had grown accustomed to getting his way. "My darling Evalin." he said as he rose from his seat, his voice warm and smooth as black velvet. "What an utter joy it is to see you! Tell me, how long has it been?" A faint pulse of heat followed the wizard's words; softening edges and promoting pleasure and flattery. Ignotus beckoned her gracefully, and thin strands of hypnotic Djed tugged at her to roll with it. As was tradition, he meant to kiss her hand.
"Nice new look." Ignotus said when she neared. He nodded to a plush cherry chair opposite his desk before speaking again.

"I was growing worried you'd never come back." he said with a playful twinkle in his eye. "It would have been such a pity for you not to see our triumph. It is ours, you know." More subconscious threads. Connection. Togetherness. "If not for your gift, what would I be? Weak, infirm, delirious, nearing the end of my life." he said seriously as he sat back down. "Instead?" The Lord of Council rolled his shoulders back, his audacious smile returning, "Not only have my abilities not dulled in the slightest, they have reached heights unheard of. And it's all thanks to you."

The Hypnotist leaned in now, elbows resting on his desk. "But pray, tell me," he said warmly, "How have you been, my dear?"

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Evalin on April 8th, 2015, 6:32 pm

"It seems he has little changed, making me wait when he should be welcoming." but she shrugged and waved the man away, not bothering to sit and simply resting her hip against the desk.

After about five chimes Evalin would sigh, straightening and folding her hands at her waist, looking around the room as her mind began to wander, Ignotus Everto... an odd sort he is, but doubt I very much that his schedule is so busy that he must put me on hold for such extended periods as this.

He seems a cautious man. Tsenrika added, Perhaps he is making preparations even as we speak.

Oh of that I am most certain. Evalin absently played with the icy gem that hung against her chest, Odd and arrogant he may be, but stupid he is not. From the day we met he has always been a manipulator, and someone who I cannot stand in the least.

He is a nuisance to my master?

Evalin's eyes followed Tranaris as he approached, the smile gone from her lips, No. He is more than just a thorn in the side or a fly that buzzes about the head. He is a dangerous man, one that would be better of a pile of ashes on the floor.

When the man spoke Evalin could not hide a sneer, and as she began to follow him she said at just above a whisper, "He will see me? How pretentious of him."

If this Ignotus is such a threat, why have we not ended his existence by this point? It seems a simple matter to do so.

Because he is useful, and in a way indebted to me though he would never freely accept that. Glancing back as she climbed the steps the Immortal saw the men filing in, swords in their hands, And begrudgingly I must admit... he would not be that easily slain, even by me. His eccentric personality makes him a formidable adversary, one that I would rather not put down unless it became unavoidable.

As she followed Tranaris Evalin trailed a claw along the wall, glancing absently between the two guards at the stars, and then at the four closed doors. She made certain that the sound of her nails scratching the wall were audible, not bothering to care about the damage it might cause to the décor. Finally the came to his office, and there behind his desk, dressed like a peacock in the midst of the spring heat, sat the one and only Ignotus. Despite the clothes, despite the new body, despite the added expressions or intentions in his bearing, Evalin would never be able to mistake him. Ignotus was, and always would be, the arrogant child who felt he knew more and better than anyone. The air of control and authority swirled around him and draped him like a fine cloak. Yes, politics were indeed where this creature belonged, just as much as Evalin belonged in the darkness stained with blood.

Of all those beings whom I have met in the centuries, this man more than any does set my own nerves on edge." Evalin smiled a warm greeting to Ignotus, coming closer and extending her hand as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

For what reason is this? The Familiar's words came with a dose of true curiosity and interest. Tsenrika found it odd that any might unnerve his master.

Because my dear Tsenrika... Whenever he is about you may never trust or believe anything that you think or feel. He practices the most despicable sort of magic, the magic that bound me for years to the man cloaked in shadows. The magic that I hate above all others... She hated being around this man, even more than being around Rayage, her former master. That was because in many ways Ignotus made Rayage look like a mere beginner, a child play acting at this most subtle and despicable art of manipulation. She hated this man utterly, and though she might never admit it, she feared him as well. Be wary and mindful and trust nothing that he says, or anything that I might feel or think. Never can I know if my own thoughts are truly mine in his presence.

Once her hand was released Evalin would grin in full, showing off her pointed teeth and turning in a circle as if to show off her appearance, "Do you like this form? I am still trying to find one that is just right to bear the name Evalin."

She hated him... but she would be lying to say she did not enjoy his company and his conversation. Even if nothing he said was true, and nothing she felt was real, at least with this man she did not have to hide her true nature. In a way she felt connected to him, and surely whatever he did he did so because of her. Were it not for Evalin this man would never have existed, so perhaps in a way when he succeeded so did Evalin.

Pausing in her thoughts Evalin's smile faded somewhat, for thus it had begun. Analyzing everything she felt and thought, seeking out, wondering... were those her's or his? Never did she feel connected to this man, she hated him! Despised him! But still, she could take credit for his triumphs if he was so willing to give it over.

One hand gently caressed the back of the chairI assumed there was a chair in front of his desk, if there isn't let me know :) before circling around it and taking a seat, crossing one leg over the other and resting her hands in her lap, "You were always the flatterer. As I have said time and time again, your words gush from you like vomit from a sick man. You really should try to stem the flow." she said this with a smile and then a laugh as she looked around the office, "But even if you say otherwise, I cannot take credit for what you have clearly accomplished here. I must say it is... unexpected, but in a way I would never have expected less from you. Perhaps we can talk about just how you came to where you are today, but not quite yet."

Reaching up Evalin began to play with her necklace, looking back at Ignotus now, "Let us put pleasantries aside for now, for there is business to be had." The immortal paused, her expression thoughtful, "But if you must know I have done and seen many things since we last met. From a bit of study on the isle of Sahova, to advising a queen in Zinrah, it need not be said but I have had quite the few seasons. If you are interested maybe we may talk in a more on this at another time. For now..." She uncrossed and recrossed her legs, her smile fading somewhat as she took on a business tone, "I have come here for several reasons. The first is of a more mundane origin. Caelum of Riverfall sends his regards and wishes to establish a line of communication with you, and I come as his messenger and as his personal assistant."

At the words 'personal assistant' Evalin's smile broadened once more, showing all of her teeth as she chuckled as if it were amusing, "Yes... as his assistant, but that is of little consequence. You see I have come of my own reasons as well, and would like to make you an offer. If you are interested of course."

Evalin folded her hands in her again, a thin smile on her lips, eyes looking for Ignotus', and her expression and bearing one of confidence, even if on the inside she was on edge, watchful, and wondering who truly control the situation.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on April 9th, 2015, 9:10 pm

"It's a novel, elegant form, though I must confess a touch impractical for fair Zeltiva." Ignotus said with a chuckle. "Tranaris suspected you were here to assassinate me. I think he summoned half the High Guard before I was able to calm him. I do hope he didn't make you wait too long. Perhaps something a bit more swan, a little less tiger when in public to avoid such inconvenience in the future."

Ignotus' lips thinned slightly when he saw Evalin's smile falter. He could attempt to attach Cordas strings to her and watch them break instantly, but he didn't need to in order to know what was going on in her head. She was second-guessing herself. "Poor girl. I should probably stop. Or... The corner of the Nuit's mouth twitched ever so slightly. It had been a while since he truly played with someone. "Prattling is my profession now, Evalin dearest."

The Hypnotist lightly prodded at the emotion of distrust in her, aiming to be just sloppy enough to potentially be noticed, whilst also being subtle enough to not be instantly red-flagged. What he wanted here was ambiguity. Following that, another suggestion. What if her suspicion of being manipulated was in fact the manipulation?
"My days are spent buttering up scared, uncertain old men."
Maybe he was trying to put her off-balance. Or maybe that was just her, putting herself off-balance. Could she even trust her own distrust? "Am I simply driving myself mad?"
"It's really quite tiring. Not you, though. With you, I can be finally be honest."
No Hypnotism. Ignotus said this truthfully; Evalin was refreshing in her utter lack of presumed morals.

"No doubt you knew even then I didn't want immortality out of fear." he said fondly- and again, truthfully. "My rise to power needed time- more than a human body could give me. But yes, we'll talk of our wondrous unlives later. For now..."

Ignotus took the witch's advice on words and simply listened when she spoke of business. His eyebrows raised slightly at talk of queens and advisory, a grin to match Evalin's popped onto his face on mention of her being an assistant, and once she was finished he said "I send these regards back with well wishes." Ignotus smiled warmly as he leaned back in his chair, watching for a sign of distress- his cue to play the part of soother. "And bid you tell me more."

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on April 10th, 2015, 8:35 pm

Her thoughts swirled and flowed, around and around chasing the tail of the last as one form of opinion sought to overcome the other. Surely this man was at this moment laughing at her uncertainty, and perhaps even her uncertainty was his doing? She had every right to be suspicious for she knew what he was... but then, what if it were not so? What if everything she was thinking and feeling were merely a ploy by him to distract her? To confuse her?

Evalin's face remained calm, but on the inside she felt herself spiraling to the point that even Tsenrika lost his amusement and gave the situation his full attention, analyzing her thoughts just as Evalin did, searching for something out of the ordinary... But would the Familiar be able to see it? Was he affected as well?

The more Evalin thought, the more uncertain she became, the more confused her thoughts and the more she twisted every piece of logic and thought that crossed her mind. Tightening her grip on her folded hands Evalin struggled to keep her mental state focused, on the task at hand, but was that her thinking that or him? What if he hadn't done anything at all and she was just causing herself to stumble and fall over herself? More and more, faster and faster it went until...

There was a sound of something snapping, and the mask cracked just slightly as Evalin winced. The pinky of her left hand was held in loose fingers of her right, the appendage forced back at an odd angle. Evalin had broken her own finger, pain flooding her mind and obliterating the confusing thoughts in one fell swoop. This the Immortal grasped upon, the mind sharpening pain. This, what she felt, THAT was real if nothing else. She could rely on her suffering to remind her that she was in control of herself, not this man. Not Ignotus, nor anyone else ever again... Pain was her solace, her therapy, her reminder that she existed.

Without paying the injury any mind Evalin smiled and settled herself further into her seat, keeping her hands folded in her lap as she did, "I will bring back word to Caelum that you send your warm regards. I assume he will wish to remain in contact with you by avian message at the very least."

It was all still there, the doubts and uncertainties, but the pain pushed it to the back of her mind and each time it threatened to surface she would flex her grip on the broken finger, sending a fresh stab of pain through her body to force herself to focus once more. In the end it did not matter what she thought, or felt. She knew what she came here to do, to say... She only needed to say and do those things despite whatever might come to her mind. Just focus... and Evalin looked forward to the time when she could leave this man's presence and be safe in her own head once more.

Tilting her head Evalin looked off to the side, collecting her thoughts a tick before looking back and continuing, "Much has changed in these last years Ignotus. What I was when we last met I am now no longer. I am... more." She left this intentionally vague, moving on quickly, "I have seen and done many things, gained more power than ever I imagined possible, and discovered a secret that will change this world in its entirety." Her eyes flicked up to Iggy's, seeing if she had his attention before continuing, "I have prepared nearly everything for the coming days, and now there is but one more task that must be accomplished. To that end I am gathering a group of powerful individuals, people influence and true power to aid me in what is to come. They are from various places all across Mizahar, and some do not yet know what lies in their future."

Evalin knew what Ignotus was like. Intelligent, manipulative, and devious. He had a love of games, especially with the lives of others, and while Evalin could relate in some ways, in others they were simply different. Still, he had his uses (more than Evalin would admit).

Her grip tightened on her once more, pain bringing her thoughts into clear focus as she kept going, "This is why I have come to you, Ignotus, the first to whom I extend this offer." She rested her hands on the arms of the chair, recrossing her legs in a new position as her face became business like in its seriousness, "Join me Ignotus Everto. Aid me in my endeavors and in return I offer you a seat at my right hand. There your enemies shall become my enemies, and what you desire I too shall desire. Together we can spread our influence further than either of us could alone. Tie the cords of manipulation tighter around the necks of those below us. You will gain not only my own aid, but the use and aid of all others who join us. Someone in every city, in every region, even across the stars."

Evalin let this thought float in the silence for several ticks before leaning up from the chair, eyes affixing Ignotus' features, "The games you play here, in this city, are certainly amusing, but surely you desire a greater challenge. Why not extend your game across all of Mizahar. This is the potential that I offer you."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on April 16th, 2015, 11:40 pm

Ignotus' brow creased when he heard the crack. While he didn't expect Evalin to just roll over, he also hadn't anticipated her hurting herself. From his own experience, bodily harm meant finding a replacement vessel on account of the pain never dulling, which in turn meant days of lethargy. This would be detrimental to his own plans. The Nuit stood, a touch of real concern coloring his voice as he asked "Is everything all right?"

He let Evalin speak her fill as he walked over and knelt in front of her, the act of walking serving as a vector for Hypnotism. Instead of aggressive moves, the Nuit lessened his profile, his djed-enhanced posture suggesting stability and non-threat. In the pits of his eyes, a flame sparked. This was his moment. His chance at empire. There would be a time to find out what Evalin's secret was, but right now he needed to get inside the woman in front of him. And to do that, he needed her to play looser. He needed the witch to relax her guard so he could slip in. "You seem to be under a lot of stress, Evalin." he said softly. "Is it the rumors?"

The wizard took hold of her wrists, both to cut her off from what was no doubt some sort of defense mechanism, and so he would have a point of contact to attempt attaching Cordas strings. The strings broke instantly at the moment, meaning Evalin distrusted him. This displeased Ignotus. "Yes, I used my magic to break the Denvali whelp, but she was a pathetic, chittering pest. Quite the opposite of yourself, my dear."

Ignotus would lift his thumb tip every few ticks to see if the strings held this time as he kept speaking. "My presence unnerves you. You think reality is being invaded by illusion. You think I'm injecting falsehood into truth. I assure you, however, that such thinking is wrong." He chuckled softly before continuing, "Apologies for waxing philosophic here. I promise that I'm working to something relevant."

'To take things out of the abstract, say I decided to bring out joy in you." The emotion flickered faintly as a sort of warning before exploding in an irrepressible starburst that lasted for a tick. Afterwards Evalin could bring herself back to her natural emotion at will. The Hypnotist also slipped in a suggestion as a parting salvo: Defense is impossible. "Outside of the source, it any different from joy experienced through other, more mundane means? No, because they are one and the same. I can simply bring it much more directly. Similarly, if I told you the sky is blue, my saying it wouldn't make it any less true. There is no true or false when it comes to the mind, Evalin. I'd know, I mastered it."

"I tell you this because it just isn't practical to start maiming yourself every time you think you were overly pleased by peonies. We need to learn to trust each other if we want this partnership to work." Slowly, the Nuit allowed a smile to creep onto his face as he stood, pulled Evalin's hands to his chest, and tried to attach one more set of Cordas strings. "After all, how could we possibly bring our dreams into reality if we're always afraid of each other?"

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on April 22nd, 2015, 7:00 pm

Never could Evalin claim to understand this peculiar man, for his mind seemed quite gone or perhaps his eccentric taste simply grew with each passing season. For whatever reason, however, the nuit could not possibly understand his fretting over something so small as a broken bone.

Relaxed as she was while Ignotus approached, when he grabbed her wrists Evalin stiffened, eyes darkening as what little of a smile remained slipped from her features. She was not quite bristling, but the displeasure at his touch was so tangible it could have been plucked from the air. Really what was he going on about?

Of what rumors does he speak? The Familiar's voice was like a voice on Evalin's irritated nerves, but despite the comfort and focus the Irylid gave to her thoughts she could not for the life of her figure out what this mad man was on about.

I know nothing of rumors... The Denvali help? He seems to have lost what few shreds of sanity he had left.

She hated his touch. It burned a fury deep within her, but she kept those eyes of red locked on his and feigned as much indifference as she could. When he stated 'My presence unnerves you' Evalin responded with a sneer, absently shifting her wrists as if she wished to pull away, but did not make the attempt. Then he did exactly what Evalin had imagined he was doing from the moment she walked into his office. He plucked at the strings of her heart and made her feel things that that she knew not to be of her own accord. It was impossible to defend against, infuriating to face, and as the joy rose it was quickly shattered and burned in a rising flame of rage as every ill thought and inclination was affirmed for Evalin.

When her hands were raised to his chest the Immortals face was a mask of neutrality, but ever so subtly she plucked at the strands of her djed, sending a reverberation through her body along the paths to her hands. Each or her five nails lengthened, points sharpening further until they were like the heads of needles, pushing into the man's clothing, separating fabric to puncture through until she could, if she moved even a breath, cut into flesh.

"I hate you." Evalin said softly, looking up at Ignotus, "I hate you with every fiber of my being, because you wield the magic that once chained me and bound me fast as a child. I hate who you are and what you do, and no matter what we may or may not come to agree upon, never in this life or the next will I put my trust in a man who uses that mind twisting magic of Hypnotism." Her expression darkened as she jerked her hands free, nails returning to normal but leaving 10 tears in the man's fine clothes where she had touched, "Were it something feasible I would gather all of your kind in a group in the middle of the Suvan sea and send you down into the depths with a flash of lightning and the heat of scourging flames consuming your flesh and fowl magic..."

Evalin fell silent a tick, anger and rage sill there but slowly a cold calm descended upon her thoughts, most likely due to the Irylid's influence upon her mind. This... what she was now was weak. She held such disgust for a discipline of magic that she was forcing herself to become ignorant of it, and in that ignorance was born further fear and uncertainty. Evalin as she was coming to realize this a small nudge from the back of her mind brought forth the beginings of an idea. An idea that sent a chill down the nuit's spine at the thought, but also caused a small amount of interest.

"Perhaps I misspoke." Evalin said after a short silence, sitting back and folding her hands in her lap once more. She did not look at Ignotus, and was playing absently, perhaps nervously, with the necklace around her neck, "I hate not you Ignotus, for to hate you would be to hate something I myself created... I hate the magic you wield and others who wield it as well. For centuries I have sworn to never touch or allow myself to be manipulated or persuaded by that discipline that stole the innocence for a little girl all those years ago... but of late I have come to realize that what I hold onto is not determination, but cowardice."

Finally Evalin looked back up at Ignotus, folding her other hand in her lap as she searched his face for some answer to a question, "My ignorance makes me distrustful of you Ignotus, and strains our relationship. Perhaps then if you..." The words caught in her throat and the expression on her features was one of disgust not in Ignotus, but in herself. Finally she managed to force out the last part of the sentence, "T-teach me what you know. Teach me how you control the minds of others, and in understanding your power I might also come to understand... and trust you in kind."

A well played performance. I was almost completely taken in. the half praise came to Evalin's mind.

Praise me not, for it was more truth than act... Hate myself all the more for asking for this.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on April 23rd, 2015, 2:34 am

Ignotus' expression changed entirely upon receiving Evalin's threat. The smile, the twinkle, the fluid grace all dropped like a curtain. In their place was a cold fury, the Nuit's eyes narrowing as if he was trying to decide how to dispose of this instigator. When the witch pulled away, his hands balled into fists. Fortunately for Evalin's plans, they slowly relaxed and opened again when she backpedaled.

"Yes, you did." Ignotus replied curtly when Evalin admitted misspeaking. The Hypnotist's expression gradually softened as she continued, but when she suggested Ignotus teach her his eyes widened for an instant and his mouth twitched as he suppressed a grin. Truly, his was a Gods-willed path. He knew from Evalin's use of the word "control" that she hadn't even opened a single book on Hypnotism, and thus had no outside knowledge to work off of. Ignotus was certain he would find a way into her mind sooner or later, but for an opportunity to present itself so suddenly was surprising and immensely pleasing. After a couple ticks, the Lord of Council's gracious air and smile returned. "I admire the strength and humility required to admit such a thing. It makes me happy that you were the one who turned me, and it means I'm comfortable sharing with you what no one else has been allowed access to. If you'd like, I could initiate you now."

This had to be managed carefully. While it didn't change much if she decided to wait, Ignotus preferred to act sooner rather than later. The more time passed, the higher the likelihood a complication would arise. As the Nuit leaned back against his desk, a single soft suggestion traveled through the circuit made by his eye contact with Evalin: No time like the present.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on April 24th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Yes she had meant it. She had meant every single word, which was rare for her to any extent. She did hate Ignotus. She hated him for what he was, what he could do, and what he MIGHT do. Evalin also meant what she said about her fear of this magic being a weakness, and a mountain she had to climb to achieve her goal.

The Immortal did not smile back at him. Her lips turned down in a frown. She did not want to do this. Did not in the least care to learn even a speck of knowledge about this despicable art.

Wish I that I could scratch out all existence of this disgusting magic from the face of the world...

Perhaps, in time... However is it not best to learn about the thing you hate the most, so that when the time comes you can obliterate it completely and leave no trace of its existence? The Irylids logic was as cold and certain as always, and Evalin could make no argument against it, In the end it would be for the best. Then none in this world could manipulate my Master again, yet my Master could do so at her leisure

But still the fact remained, Evalin did not wish to, and further when the chance was offered that she do so right now she immediately opened her mouth to protest, but she gave pause. Tsenrika's words came back to her, and their logic and reasoning made such sense that even with her loathing of the magic she was hesitant to throw away the chance in case it never came again.

I do not wish to but... Her frowned deepened, But if I must, then now would be the most ideal time. Get it started and not put it off. No time like the present.

The silence stretched on for a short time before finally Evalin sighed and shook her head, "Very well... But in accepting this I now claim you as a partner in my endeavors, thus we should act as such from here on out. What one want and desires, so shall the other." Grimacing as she looked back up at Ignotus, "Then initiate me and be done with it. The anticipation is an annoyance."

She did not sound happy in the least. .
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on April 28th, 2015, 8:06 pm

The Hypnotist chuckled at Evalin's declaration. "Fascinating choice of words, my dear." he teased, "I feel quite flushed."

He sobered up a great deal after, the delicate work approaching demanding careful attention and explanation. "I will make the process as quick and painless as possible."
'While Hypnotism affects others, the magic itself is actually worked on the caster. To do so, one must see their mind as it is, still and unwarped by illusions, judgements, and clouding thoughts. To this end I will- with your consent, of course- temporarily quell the storm, so to speak." Ignotus slipped in a suggestion on the word "consent." You're in control.

"You will enter a higher state of consciousness where normal neuroses and thought is suspended, and your sensitivity to the tremors of the heart is amplified greatly. It's really quite soothing, assuming you aren't next to someone who is having a panic attack." A small smile flitted onto the Nuit's face before he continued. "While in this state you will retain your full will, though many become immobile until they leave it. I can only bring you there if you wish it, and you can exit whenever you desire, though doing so too early may make the initiation fail."

The wizard fired off another suggestion- You're safe. There's no danger. He had largely spoken the truth- exiting a trance was possible, he really couldn't put Evalin in one against her will, nor could he make her do things against her will while she was in it, but among the things amplified were his own powers. He would only need a few ticks to leave a potent and permanent impression. Perhaps he even really would teach her Hypnotism after he was finished. "If you would like a moment to prepare yourself, or want anything to help you relax, just let me know. We can start whenever you're ready."

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next