Closed Just a touch of darkness (Matthew)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Just a touch of darkness (Matthew)

Postby Evalin on April 23rd, 2015, 9:00 pm

55th of Spring, 515 AV
Time: Evening

After her meeting with Ignotus the matter of finding the second item on her list was relatively simple. Being a powerful man within the city of Zeltiva he had been able to tell her nearly exactly where he could be found, and when she had heard the Immortal could only frown. She never cared for places such as this. They were disgusting, pointless, and in some ways a reminder of what she could never have.

She wore the form of a mature woman, standing about 5'7 with long black hair that fell just past her shoulders, and upon those shoulders was a dress black as her hair that came down to just past her knees, the loose skirt flowing easily from side to side with every movement. Skin as pale as death, eyes the color of freshly spilled blood, that pool cut by a black slitted pupil that stared unfeelingly out at the world with a cold indifference. Along her spine there coursed a line of black serpent like scales, the color of the deepest onyx that trailed up and over her shoulders, dotting a line along the sides of her neck before cascading down her front, growing fainter as it reached the modest cut of the dress, giving way to pale skin once more. Evalin's feet were bare and upon them were long nails which looked more like claws just as black as the scales. Similar nails accented each of her fingers, a slight curve to these and ending with sharp points that looked as deadly as they would feel. The features of her face were that of a mature woman, but hardened and with more than a hint of pride and disdain for the world around her. Around her neck was an icy blue gem upon a silver chain, and adoring her right finger a ring made of bone.

Passing over the threshold into the establishment Evalin did not even glance at the people around her. They were lowly, insignificant worms that Evalin could care less about... though there were several younger women who did draw a glance or two from the Immortal, a pulse of the craving touching her tongue as she imagined taking them in her claws and drawing forth the life giving blood from their veins to sustain her.

Evalin knew what it was they felt as she passed them. A descending chill in the air that had nothing to do with the temperature. A queasy feeling in the pit of the stomach when they looked at the Immortal, a sense that there was something very wrong with her beyond just the unusual features. It brought a small smile to Evalin's lips as she heard some of the bubble of laughter and voices die down, loud voices become more whispers until she had passed as no one made an attempt to approach her. It was just as she preferred it.

Moving forward with a confidence like she knew just where she was going, Evalin entered the room where a loan woman sat behind her desk. Pausing just after passing over the threshold Evalin tapped one nail on the back of a well upholstered chair, looking around the room absently like one might look at something that was not unique, but slightly interesting.

"Madam Lilienne I presume." When she spoke it could be seen that every one of her teeth were sharpened to a point, the canines slightly elongated giving her a predatory sneer whenever she parted her lips, "I have come in search of someone particular in your establishment, as I have been told that he is here. He goes by the name Matthew. I would have words with the man, and I am certain he will see me. Just tell him that Evalin has come to call upon him." at that the Immortal smiled, now two hands clutched the back of the chair, her voice suggesting that she would not take no for an answer.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Matthew on April 24th, 2015, 12:18 am

Lilienne had become used to people requesting Matthew's presence. She would politely ask Evalin to wait in the lobby while she sent someone to fetch the prostitute of her choice. The woman was practiced enough at her art to only show a mild amount of discomfort at the sensation Evalin gave her. She certainly didn't want the creature to linger in her office, though.

~

It seemed that more and more people were deciding to come in search of him. Why? What had triggered such a flood of visitors as of late? It was even more interesting to the Harlot that many of these people did not ask for normal services. He would have understood if he had simply become a popular choice among the patrons of the Touchy Subject. Recently though, it had become something else. Something he did not understand the reasoning behind. He did not linger on it for long, though. As the Harlot was soon told, the All-Consuming Flame had come to see him. Evalin was calling.

The Nuit would not have to wait for long before the Harlot approached her, striding gracefully through the lobby. A neatly-fitted suit hugged to his slim but toned frame, a subtly decorated mask completely covering his features. Perhaps she would remember the uniquely light hue of his bright blue eyes that were now focused apathetically upon her. If she did not make the connection before he made it to her, it would almost instantly become obvious who he was as his soft and patient voice leaked out. "Hello, Evalin. It has been-"

Rotten cabbage. Thick and slimy, like a soup that has gone foul. Spit it out. So rotten.

Blue eyes blinked, Matthew pausing for a brief tick. The taste had twisted in his stomach and risen in the back of his throat without warning. Only the blink and the pause in his sentence betrayed his sudden discomfort. He was not concerned with her appearance. He had never been concerned with the way his clients appeared. The flesh was mere meat. That is why he offered his up without a second thought. However, the fact that his very being felt suddenly sickened was very odd to him. Even more odd was the taste of the rotting cabbage on the surface of his tongue, especially since the Harlot couldn't rememer the last time he had indulged in a bowl of cabbage soup. Or anything involving cabbage, now that he thought about it. But, in the end, it did not matter. He was a professional.

"-quite a long time." He continued on, but suddenly another shift would occur in the air, adding to Evalin's unnatural aura. It might be a sort of aura that Evalin couldn't even process, or perhaps didn't understand. It was subtle, like a scent that one could just barely smell. It was somehow a part of the way Matthew held himself, of the way he looked and the impression he gave. Most of all, and to some perhaps most disturbingly of all, it was also in the way he looked at her. Even with her disturbing appearance and the way she made others around her feel, Matthew was looking at her like he wanted her. He was looking at her with silent hints of erotic promises deep within his blue stare.

"Have you come to purchase my services, or do you wish to speak with me in private? The first option is 16-40 gold mizas, depending on the service. However, since I am currently in the middle of working hours, the second option will require payment as well. It would be 6 gold mizas for half a bell, which would secure us a private room." He tilted his head to the side, soft voice carefully pronouncing each and every word. When he was finished speaking, the Harlot merely waited, keeping a firm hold over the sickening sensation that was now in his chest.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Evalin on April 24th, 2015, 1:08 am

Waiting was such an annoyance, but still there was nothing for it. She did not bother to sit but rather stood near the center of the room, eyes flicking from one woman to the next, a hunger there that begged to be satisfied, yet she made no moves to do so. Not yet, it wasn't the time.

Her thoughts were an absent mix of musings for the coming days, and a wondering of what she might do while she still lingered. When Matthew approached Evalin did not look at him, or rather she did not at first realize she needed to. It was the sound of his voice that finally brought her attention around.

She gave his image an up and down flick. Did he get taller? Or had something else changed. However it mattered little and she turned fully to face him, setting her hands on her hips with a smile, "Ah Matthew. Quite some time indeed. I trust you have been well." It wasn't a question. Evalin did not really care. Looking past the mask Evalin cast her gaze over the unique blue of the man's eyes, and what she saw there gave her pause. Certainly time had past since their last meeting, but those eyes looked different than before. Deeper.

"It looks as though you have found at least a few of your answers to the wrong questions." She said softly.

Breaking her gaze the Immortal once more looked around the establishment, eyes pausing on yet another girl before flickering back up to Matthew. Ignorant as she was Evalin did not notice the change in his look, for no one ever looked at her like that. It passed by as a brief musing and quickly left aside and forgotten.

With a laugh that held no amusement Evalin came closer, pressing the palms of her hands against Matthew's chest and leaning against him as she looked up at his superior height, "Such a steep price. Are your services truly worth that much now?" Blinking slowly Evalin would run her right hand up past his chest, long nails scraping against his skin before hooking the mask at the chin, very slowly lifting it so that, when she tilted her head, Evalin could see beneath it. She smiled a full smile then, showing in full her sharp pointed teeth, "I would not waste my time or my mizas on your services child. It is but a waste of time and a silly thing to pay when it is I that comes with something to offer you."

Lifting the mask further Evalin ran her left hand up to cup his cheek, stroking the back of her neck with her claws before running them around his neck and up to just under his right eye, "I will await you after your work ends. Then I will present you with something interesting to consider, and give you word from someone who seems desperate to contact you." Stepping back Evalin trailed the nails of her left hand down his chest once more before turning back to the door, "Be a good boy and do not keep me waiting. Remember your manners and how you should respect your teacher."

With that she would make to go, not pausing no matter what was said or called out, leaving Matthew until they met after he was done with his work.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on April 28th, 2015, 12:19 am

"I have been well, thank you. I trust the very same of you." While his tone was different than hers, soft and polite but lacking any real feeling behind it, his words were offered in the exact same way that hers was. It was just a formality and nothing more. In truth, he preferred it this way. Both of them understood that it was a social norm, quickly got it out of the way and then moved onwards from there. He didn't particularly like to waste time and it sometimes felt that small talk could quickly dissolve into a rather large waste. It was more annoying now than it ever had been, especially since he was so keenly aware of exactly how long the theorectical small talk would take. Her next words though, those caused him to pause for a tick. It certainly wasn't small talk, or at least he didn't think it was. He didn't linger on it too long, answering it as honestly as he could. "Many of the answers to my questions have merely led to more questions. So it goes, I suppose."

While the Immortal glanced away to look at other things, Matthew's own gaze didn't waver for a moment. The curiosity burned within him, demanding an answer to the odd feeling in the air. The back of his throat continued to feel as if it was dripping rotten cabbage soup, the liquid slowly seeping down through his body and spreading the sickening sensation. It felt similar to what he could passively sense with his Auristic talents but was actually much stronger than that. Was it something Evalin was doing? Or perhaps it was someone else in the room? It hadn't hit him until he had approached her, however. It was annoying.

His stare slowly slid down to her hands as she slipped them upon his chest, not quite understanding the reason behind the touch. There was no lust in it, as far as he could tell. He was fairly certain that she did not come here to purchase his wares. The Harlot slowly tilted his head to the side, nodding slowly at her as her hands continued to explore him in a rather unique way. "They are, yes. I have nearly mastered this craft. I plan to move onwards to a different one before long." There was no movement from the man as she slowly pushed up the mask that covered his handsome face, only lifting it a bit so that they could stare at each other below it. He was interested to note her pointed teeth. Had she specifically chosen a body that had all of these rather sharp features to it? "I agree with your terms. I will meet you outside in a few bells. I am already close to the end of my shift."

While he showed no fear at the nails that stroked his slim neck and touched underneath one of his eyes, it wasn't due to any sort of bravery. Even if he had felt fear, Matthew wouldn't have understood it. Instead, it was more that the man lacked a sense of peril. Evalin was certainly a dangerous person; many people could instinctively feel that much about her. It was simply that Matthew didn't have those instincts. "I will certainly remember my manners, Evalin. It will be my pleasure to catch up with you again after so long."

Again, it was mere formalities. As she left, the taste of cabbage slowly faded away, leaving Matthew to stare after her with a glint to his eye.

~

True to his word and now missing the decorated mask, the graceful Harlot would meet her outside of the Touchy Subject, gesturing to the mouth of a small side street where they could talk in relative privacy. He would follow her if she agreed, or simply stay where they were. Neither choice would change what he was about to ask. "What is it you have to present to me and why is it you make my mouth and tongue taste of foul things?" It was said in a rather apathetic tone, not meant to insult. He merely wanted to know.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Evalin on April 28th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Evalin waited not far from the entrance of the establishment, smiling once more as Matthew emerged and set off in the direction he indicated. She walked at a calm pace, neither fast nor slow as they slipped into the darkness of some alleyway and into relative privacy, but then she did not need much else for what she wished to speak on.

As the shadows engulfed them Evalin would turn on her heel, looking up into Matthew's handsome face and intense blue eyes. The Immortal tilted her head then, a response on her tongue as she touched the gem at her neck, "Something has changed about you child."

His question seemed to be completely ignored as Evalin's eyes trailed up and down his form once more, an amused glint in her eyes as she stepped closer to once more tap a nail on his chest, "And you seem to have grown. How curious..." Looking back up into Matthew's eyes Evalin's smile faded somewhat. Both of her hands then reached up to hook behind his neck, pulling his head down closer to her level so that she could inspect his eyes even more closely. There was something there... something she had never seen before, on the edge of the iris that made the Immortal pause and wonder just what had happened to this pitiable boy who came to her all those years ago with questions.

Unless Matthew pulled back Evalin would hold his face in her hands for a few ticks more before releasing him, turning her back on him as she fell into thought. Perhaps the boy will be useful after all...

"Oh, yes... How terrible of me to have almost forgotten." Evalin looked back over her shoulder at Matthew, raising a finger to wave it back in forth in his direction, "It appears someone of interest to me also has an interest in you, and it is on his word that I have come here to find you. From Riverfall the Ethaefal known as Caelum sends his regards, and requests that you send him a letter and stay in contact with him. It seemed he was very eager to hear from you once more." That wagging finger now tapped Evalin's chin thoughtfully as a wry smile split her lips once more, "Curious... I wonder why the man would care so much so as to send me. Do not tell me my student does these terribly naughty things to every man or woman he comes across?" It was a half jest, one that Evalin herself did not laugh at though she did turn to face him fully once more.

Shrugging Evalin set her hands on her hips and said in an almost uninterested tone, "Well it matters not to me what you choose to indulge in. What I would care to know, my child, is what has changed in you. Tell me what has my dear student been up to in the years we have been apart? I am eager to know how you have grown in my absence.".
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on April 30th, 2015, 11:05 pm

Had he changed? The Harlot tilted his head to the side, not having much of a response at first, curious as to what had changed. While a lot had certainly happened to him since he had last talked with his teacher, had it really changed him that much? From what he could recall of his time spent with her, he had been much more talkative then, much more animated in his pursuit of knowledge. Had he been more in touch back then? In touch with the parts of himself that he could no longer understand? He had no real way of knowing. His memories only consisted of recorded fact, all excess information trimmed away in order to compress the amount of space they required. He supposed it didn't matter if he had changed or not. That had been then. The Treaver knew all too well that he did not have the power to rewrite any of it, so why linger?

Matthew put a halt to the constant flow of questions he was asking himself, choosing to instead focus on an answer that never came. She was ignoring his question, then? He gazed at her, unblinking and unnaturally still, the slight rise and fall of his chest being the only tiny bit of motion that showed. The Harlot didn't even move when she stepped closer and tapped a finger to his chest, nor did he seem bothered when she reached up and pulled him to her own eye level. Matthew had lost all concept of having a personal space after all the years that he had sold it away. He did not struggle or resist, merely staring at her while she studied whatever it was that she was looking for. Perhaps she had spotted his Mark? If so, the Nuit had quite the eye for detail. Whatever the case, he still quietly waited. He was sure that she would eventually get to whatever it was she had originally wished to tell him.

Caelum? The doctor. The one who I came here to look for.

He blinked, the news coming as a rather interesting surprise. Matthew had looked into where the doctor had gone, only able to find that it was somewhere outside of Zeltiva. The trail had ended there, as Matthew had no desire to scour the entire face of Mizahar. But now there was Evalin, a mysterious figure from his past who had just so happened to appear at just the right moment. It was all so very odd. "If they purchase me, yes. I do whatever things they wish." The joke soared over his head, the Harlot taking her words quite literally. His mind was partially absent at this point, focusing on something else entirely. He was able to progress through the opening steps quite quickly now, burning the Djed in offering to the wretched aura that stood before him. The more he let trickle from him, the more he came to see and understand the teacher before him. There was some missing piece of the puzzle and he intended to find it.

"Ah. A question. Much like how I asked one earlier." There was no snark to his tone, only that utter blandness. He did not particularly need to know. He was instead dedicating his attention to comprehending even the most basic of things from whatever it was that stood before him. "I have been a whore for many years now. I have travelled to Syliras, Mura, and most recently to Sunberth. I recently returned home to Zeltiva. It has all been a very educational experience."

A collection of swirling colors surrounded her, all of them traveling different pathways in a slow circle around her. Some moved quickly, bright and easy to see. Some were soft and faint, almost not even there. It was a confusing show to spectate, dozens of tastes and sounds accompanying the colors that coated her. It would have been a beautiful thing to see if not for the blackness that seeped from every inch of it, a filthy oozing substance that seemed content to slowly try and conquer her. It tasted of rot, Matthew realizing that it could be tasted on the edge of everything else. He rarely saw such complex auras, filled with remnants of magic and riddled with various emotions that he could not hope to understand. Even worse, there were multiple auras, as if something else lived alongside her or within her. He pushed aside the things that he did not know, settling for perhaps finding something familiar instead. One particular color caught his eye, several long strands of glittering purple draped across the outside of her aura. They were dim and fading, but certainly clear enough for him to see and understand. These remnants of Djed were not her own.

His light blue eyes sharpened as the Harlot refocused, stamping out the Djed flame within to quickly cut contact with her aura. He stared at her for a moment, mind blurring in quick thought, adding new puzzle pieces to the board and quickly sliding them in place. "I also have become skilled in Auristics." After seeing all the lingering Djed that pulsed through her aura, Matthew was fairly certain she would know what the magic was. "Someone has recently used Hypnotism on you, it seems. I have been a victim of it before and believe I recognize the lingering touches."
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Evalin on May 11th, 2015, 2:55 am

He is a man with a single minded focus. Tsenrika commented, a note of approval in his tone.

He certainly does not banter or take his time to get to the point. It is perhaps both his best, and worst quality. He may be trusted to be truthful at most times, but then he is quite difficult to read at the best of times.

More of the mortals should be like this. So much time could be better used when not spent in idle chatter.

Though Matthew did answer all of Evalin's questions, somehow he still managed to provide nothing of use to the Immortal. Perhaps she would question him further, and pick apart each and every detail until she was completely satisfied. Even as she stood there Evalin began to muse of how she could get exactly what she wanted, but her attention was snapped back to Matthew by one simple sentence. A sentence that confirmed everything that she had suspected.

"Is that so..." The smile completely slipped from Evalin's features, her voice a cold monotone as her brow creased. Within her that bubbling heat began to rise, unwanted though unavoidable. A rage that was suppressed and just beneath the surface, held at bay by an icy calm that cloaked her heart cast by the Familiar that hung around her neck.

Listen to his words and make no action. She felt him pressing harder upon her mind, fighting against Evalin's own wild emotions to bring her passions under control, The boy said recently it had been used upon you, but not by whom or what it was. Perhaps an opportunity it is to discover exactly what that man has been doing...

With a 'tsk' Evalin looked away, blazing eyes in thought for a moment as she steadied her own raging passions to bring them to bear. This, too, was a weakness she must overcome. Would a Goddess allow herself to be so easily swayed by a fragile emotion? Never.

Clear res leaked into the ground through Evalin's bare feet, traveling beneath them and emerging behind Matthew as the Immortal looked back up at him. Raising a hand she would crook a finger at the man, and as she did the res would become a gentle breeze, tugging at his clothing and hair as if to draw him closer to the hate filled eyes that stared at Matthew intently.

"So you have grown in many ways..." She said, barely above a whisper as if she were trying to contain a shout deep within, "Tell me child, what can you see...? What tampering has been done to me, and better still..." If Matthew did not come closer then Evalin would step forward instead and look straight up into his eyes, "How do you know the signs of Hypnotism? Are you, perhaps, a user of that fowl magic yourself?"

When she said "Hypnotism" the word hissed through her teeth, like it disgusted her to simply utter the name of the magic itself.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on May 22nd, 2015, 2:20 am

Normally it was hard for the Harlot to read the emotion that he often saw written across the faces of others. This time was different. This time he was able to look at the cold expression of the Nuit and see a face that he had worn several times in the past few weeks. A face that was built to contain the rage. How should he react? Was her bridled rage aimed at him? Was he in danger? If he was in danger, what was the optimal method of removing himself from that danger? Matthew tilted his head and furrowed his brow, mind churning with all the different possibilities. He did not feel like he was in danger but had long ago learned that he did not exactly possess the best of natural instincts.

Something shifted in Evalin's aura. Though Matthew was not expending the Djed to sync with and better understand the complex construct of the aura before him, he was still able to both see and sense it. Something had left it. He hadn't been paying close enough attention to know what. Action based on incomplete information was foolhardy, so the Harlot just continued to patiently stand there. No use over analyzing a simple matter.

A breeze suddenly tugged at his body and his clothing, gentle but firm, causing him to take a small step towards Evalin so that he was moving with the breeze. Yes, he had grown. He supposed that also meant he had indeed changed.

Blue eyes clashed with the eyes of the Wretched Witch as Evalin stood up at him, voice dripping with something he could not understand. Once again an odd sensation passed through him, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand on end, something that was a rather unpleasant thing to experience. It was obvious that this was very important to her, but why? What emotion was it that her hissing voice was filled with? Delight? Anger? Sadness? Hatred? He considered his response for a few ticks before slowly speaking, words soft and polite. “It looked as if Djed had been used only in small doses, based on the size of the strands I saw in your Aura. This would lead me to believe that it was used to insert subliminal suggestions that probably wouldn't even register on a conscious level. I am no expert, however.” Her next question was more complex. This was the hardest puzzle so far. Interestingly enough, Matthew decided to use the solution that was the exact opposite of everything the magic stood for.

He revealed himself. “I have used it before, yes. I learned it several years ago in order to compliment my skills as a Harlot. If the client felt arousal, I could amplify and increase that arousal. However, I soon regretted my choice. Is it truly a display of trained skill if i use magic to make it appear better than it really is? I also found I disagreed with the very core concept of the magic itself. Free will is not something to be casually tampered with. Use was discontinued. How do you feel about Hypnotism?” His voice remained stoic and quiet as he explained. When he was finished speaking, he simply tilted his head and waited for the response that was no doubt soon to come.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Evalin on May 22nd, 2015, 3:32 pm

The electric rage slowly shrunk until it only nudged at the edges of Evalin's mind. The more she listened and understood the less and less the wildness of the moment threatened to take over and some relief could be felt from Tsenrika on this matter. After a few ticks after Matthew had finished the Immortal would sigh, once more placing a hand on his chest and looking away in sudden thought.

"I see... Subliminal messages you say?" She tapped one finger against the Harlot's chest as she seemed in thought, glancing back up with him as the expression of controlled rage slowly slipped back to true calm, "That is indeed interesting child, and it confirms more than a few doubts I myself have had of late."

I knew it. In her mind that anger rekindled, though more controlled this time like an icy fire that did not burn so much as smolder like hot coals, That bastard was tampering with my mind for the entirety of our meeting. Making me 'feel' things that I normally would not.

We still do not know how or what he tampered with, however. The Irylid pointed out, and that gave the Nuit pause.

Certainly... It is something that is most off putting. How might one counter an attack of the mind when the attack cannot even be pinpointed...

Evalin was distracted for several more ticks still, mind weaving in and out of various thoughts and calculations, and only after a few circuits of this mental weave did she remember that she was talking with Matthew. Just as that realization hit, there came another though, one that made a new feeling blossom in her chest as she looked at Matthew with eyes focusing on him once more.

"Ah, dear child. Perhaps you have found a few of the right answers." With a nod Evalin stepped back and folded her hands at her waist, a thoughtful expression coming over her as she continued, "Hypnotism is a vile art, one that bends and corrupts the minds of others and is used most often by weak creatures who can have no influence in any other way... Truly terrifying it is to think that often it falls into the hands of those who use it to add further chains on a race of beings that are already dancing on the strings of others. It is pathetic..."

A fire returned to her eyes as she glared up at Matthew, "I hate all Hypnotist, and one day I will collect them all together and see they burn for their cruelty and crimes against this world." Pausing the anger slowly ebbed away being replaced once more by the icy calm, "But fear not Matthew. My dear student seems to have learned the truth of this art and has chosen the correct path. An understanding of it without accepting its evil blindly."

"Now I have a question for you." Setting her hands on her hips Evalin looked at Matthew with a searching, almost eager look in her eyes, "The initiation into this magic... Does it require one to submit to the influence of the other caster? For instance if I were to... " She paused, the mere thought of what she was about to say bringing a disgusted look to her face, "Become initiated and learn this magic, would I have to let another meddle with my mind in order to use hypnotism myself?"
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on May 22nd, 2015, 6:53 pm

Long graceful fingers slowly rose, the Harlot lifting a single hand to extend his digits out towards Evalin. If she did not stop him from doing so, the Witch would soon feel his light touch gently brushing against the black scales that could be seen dotting a line along the sides of her neck. His gaze had left her own red and black hues and was now focused on whatever it was he was touching. He had never seen physical features such as hers. The texture of the scales were something like that of a Konti, though smaller and more reptilian in nature. This was a Nuit body? It was a rather unique specimen. His touch was tender yet casual, the Harlot feeling as if the concept of personal space was considered unimportant by the two of them. Blue eyes intensely studied the pattern, head tilting to the side as the scholar processed the information that both sight and touch had given him. It was all new information. He was certain he had never seen anything like whatever it was Evalin had become. It made him uneasy. Such distinct understanding of how something made him feel was very rare.

His hand dropped as she spoke, his stare returning to her own and focusing upon the black slits that split the reds of her irises. Her explanation of how she felt about Hypnotism made quite a few pieces of the puzzle firmly click into place, sharpening his mental image of the bigger picture that was at play here. “I have never actually initiated anyone, so what I am about to say is mostly opinion based on personal experience. When I learned how to use it, no teacher was needed. A lot of time and experimentation was required. The art itself feels very instinctive, so I personally feel that it is somewhat hard to teach in a scientific and logical manner. Submitting yourself to a skilled Hypnotist could certainly quicken the learning process I would imagine.”

He paused a moment, biting down onto his lower lip, brow furrowing as he eventually continued on. However. Our views differ when it comes to the idea of all Hypnotism being a vile thing. If the subject is willing, the Hypnotist can put them into a sort of trance. In this trance, the subject loses some level of control over themselves and Hypnotic techniques are much more effective. The subject may say things they didn't wish to say, or perhaps remember things buried deep within. In a sense, this could be used for great feats of mental healing. To break the chains that bind, as you might put it. A mind that has been damaged by an event in the past could possibly be healed.” The Harlot paused to take a quick breath and then continued on. “The opposite is also a strong possibility. A person who was in such a trance could be damaged in many ways.”

Matthew's eyes searched Evalin's own, that ring of dark blue that circled his iris briefly glinting as the light from a passing torch caught it. “With that in mind, I would suggest that you never willingly allow a Hypnotist to do this sort of thing to you unless you have absolutely no other choice. I am a person who is not incredibly understanding of how our minds work on an emotional level.” The voice of the Harlot would shift in tone for the next sentence, words spoken as if they were complete and utter fact. “But I am utterly confident that even I could damage you in ways that could change you forever if you were under my trance for even a chime.”
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Next